Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,515 members, 7,770,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! (5859 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Am Forced To Agree It's A Man's World / Is It A Man's World ? / Its Hard Being A Woman In A Man's World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Marriage/relationships, for a woman, isn't about finding a commander or a chief. For men, it isn't about finding a subordinate. It's about finding a partner or someone who compliments him or her.

We'd love for you to join the 21st century MBJ. You are missed.[/size]

grin grin grin
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
carefreewannabe:

If we had more women of this kind, it would no longer be a man's injust world. It's a man's world because, in addition to some men, some women support double standards and for this reason even insult and fight other women.

PEACE
very true
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote author=BeautyFULL85].

First of all, get an English tutor! Secondly, not everyone falls into d category of d "men" dat i'm talking about. Having a dangling bit btw ur legs doesnt make a person a man. So pls, give me a break already, and say no mo' on my silly thread![/quotetold u i dont ave tym for silly arguements with silly girls,well why dont u go and ask ur father the reason we live in a men's world instead of coming to nairaland to spew garbage

u are just an attention seeking biatch who got a punny smelling lyk the ancient wall of kush

adieu/signs out
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima1(f): 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
LMAO@at a chatter mad cos it couldn't retort intellectually.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 17, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
you have to make up your mind ONCE AND FOR ALL about what you (women) want. when we go on dates and its time to pay the bill, aint you happy that it is a man's world?! if you want equality then REACH FOR YOUR POCKET like we (men) do when the waiter brings the bill, haba!

There are women that do this. I certainly do.

yes it is a man's world, and there is nothing any woman can do about it. some women may say that they want to do it on their own without a man, be independent and shiit, but the sad fact is the salary they would probably get is much less than what a man would get doing that exact same job.

Its true that some women make less for the same job, but that has nothing to do with a woman being able to still be independent.Its not the deciding factor,it can just makes it more challenging.I am independant (and shiit)

also, in many r/ships, because women are dependant of men, the minute they have a baby they decide to stay home (and become homemakers). aint you happy that since there is NO EQUALITY, men MUST go and provide for their family (and not the way around)? would you like to go and provide for the family while hubby stays at home?

This is certainly more common,but Ive seen it work the other way around too,where the man stayed home with the baby and the woman went back to work. I think its a matter of each couple being open minded and deciding what works best for them.

as for the guy who cheated but dont allow his woman to do the same, i agree with the guy. it is all about what you desire in life, and NO we all dont desire the same things. look at how many women are gladly second or third wives, yet NO SANE MAN would ever accept to share his wife, food for thought.
just because a man does something, doesnt mean he automatically allows his partner to do the same.

What ever happened to "what good for the goose is good for the gander?" And I thought you said a man is immature for cheating and going back on his vows?

and last but not least, if a man tells you that he will never accept that you cheat, it does NOT mean that he wont do it himself (because again, not all unions are based on equality). many men literally buy their wives, therefore they OWN that lady (yes you heard me right), and therefore he can do as he pleases and treat her as he pleases. but hey, here is a clue: if men and women were ever equal then why dont women in Africa pay GROOM price then?!

This is something that maybe needs changing!

equality my foot!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 17, 2013
^^^ Sigh! I did that wrong. I dont know how to quote a section and respond without it being all the same color
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by BeautyFULL85(f): 6:23am On Mar 17, 2013
[quote author=ayswags][/quote]

There goes he dat rules d world! Tryin to use insults to win a conversation. U just proved wat i tot u are, a boy! So wait until u're a man, den join d conversation of men!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by BeautyFULL85(f): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2013
talina: ^^^ Sigh! I did that wrong. I dont know how to quote a section and respond without it being all the same color

Usually, wen u qoute a person, u give ur comment gap away frm d quote. It gives d quote d colour green on its own!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:01am On Mar 17, 2013
BeautyFULL85:

Usually, wen u qoute a person, u give ur comment gap away frm d quote. It gives d quote d colour green on its own!

really?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by luvmijeje(f): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2013
Beautyfull85,it's true! u re a darling.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 17, 2013
talina: There are women that do this. I certainly do.

thats great, i wish most women had the same mindset, but helas........ many are happy living in a man's world, and get all the freebies that comes with it.

Its true that some women make less for the same job, but that has nothing to do with a woman being able to still be independent.Its not the deciding factor,it can just makes it more challenging.I am independant (and shiit)

of course women can "still" be independent in a man's world BUT, the difference is that they will have to work harder to get what we get.

This is certainly more common,but Ive seen it work the other way around too,where the man stayed home with the baby and the woman went back to work. I think its a matter of each couple being open minded and deciding what works best for them.

yes, many are changing the rules but it is still an unusual state of mind. until it becomes something common everywhere, this will still be a man's world.

What ever happened to "what good for the goose is good for the gander?" And I thought you said a man is immature for cheating and going back on his vows?

yes the man is definitely immature and cheating was wrong, BUT it is all about what you desire in life. if a man is a cheater and his wife accept that he does, then thats all on her.....but she cannot AUTOMATICALLY expect him to do the same for her, unless he has agreed to do that. look at it this way, if a man is the breadwinner, or married to a woman who contributes absolutely nothing (or very little) to the wellbeing of the household, then i sure understand why that man would treat her like a rag and make her understand that it is his way or the highway. that is what happens when people marry for the wrong reasons........but i am just assuming here o!

This is something that maybe needs changing!

sadly there is very little chance it can change unless WOMEN themselves stop enjoying being taking care of, or stop using the "weaker sex" card, whenever it benefits them..
equality my foot!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by BeautyFULL85(f): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
luvmijeje: Beautyfull85,it's true! u re a darling.

U're welcome dear!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
I am still waiting on that final answer. .who said this is a man's world? Even the debate champion couldn't answer it.

Good counter Oguga.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 12:20am On Apr 01, 2013
These topics are getting old. Everyone who has a fully functioning brain can see that the benefits or downsides of being either gender are 50/50

Women just like to cry about fake oppression because its their nature, their power comes from pretending to be victims. While men like to bluster and brag because it makes them feel powerful and in control.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Men ruling the world today is the reason women need to rule tomorrow.

Men don't know shit and sucks at everything including sex!

OMFG!! grin
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 4:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

OMFG!! grin

What gyal? grin

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
MBJ

What freebies did MAN created that GOD didn't?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^^ sista Chima, GOD created this world unequal. he made MEN the ultimate rulers and there is nothing you or any of your female compadres can do about it. you only have to read your bible to understand that.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^ sista Chima, GOD created this world unequal. he made MEN the ultimate rulers and there is nothing you or any of your female compadres can do about it. you only have to read your bible to understand that.

No MBJ.....what bible did you read that from so I can read it too. GIVE ME THE RIGHT CHAPTER AND VERSE SINCE YOU SAID IT IS IN THE BIBLE.

IF IT IS AN OPINION....THEN YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO IT. YOU Still DiDN'T AnSWER MY QUESTION. DO I NEED TO REPHRASE?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sexkillz and Jaybee please do not move thread to religious section simply because some people who don't read or clearly comprehend books they are suggesting others to read.

Thanks in advance.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 07, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

No MBJ.....what bible did you read that from so I can read it too. GIVE ME THE RIGHT CHAPTER AND VERSE SINCE YOU SAID IT IS IN THE BIBLE.

IF IT IS AN OPINION....THEN YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO IT. YOU Still DiDN'T AnSWER MY QUESTION. DO I NEED TO REPHRASE?

Mrs C, the bible has ALWAYS viewed women inferior to men, here are THE verse of all verse for you:
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 9:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

Mrs C, the bible has ALWAYS viewed women inferior to men, here are THE verse of all verse for you:
- 1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

You said the bible said there is unequal in the world.....show me that God said those words. Obama is the head of America even he has to share power with other branches of the goverment.

A married man is head of his family. ..not a single man. A man of God is the head of his Christian family if you are referring to bible principles. There is nothing in the KJV that said man is above woman but it does say that Christ is head of the church.

Now tell me where it supports your opinion? It won't.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2013
What has man created that God didn't?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
cars, planes, aniti-biotics, concrete... your birth control pill. etc
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ojesoj(m): 12:52am On Apr 08, 2013
you NL ladies and other ladies out there carrying this ideology in ur mindset would ruin ur future with ur husband. because you would find urself competing him at home and trust me no man wants that.......no say ojesoj no tell una ooooooo
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 4:01am On Apr 08, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You said the bible said there is unequal in the world.....show me that God said those words. Obama is the head of America even he has to share power with other branches of the goverment.

A married man is head of his family. ..not a single man. A man of God is the head of his Christian family if you are referring to bible principles. There is nothing in the KJV that said man is above woman but it does say that Christ is head of the church.

Now tell me where it supports your opinion? It won't.

the verse i posted does NOT talk about MARRIED men but MEN point blank....... dont get it twisted! so if by that post you dont understand that men are regarded higher than women, then we must be reading different bibles (or living in different worlds).
i will not even dwell on what the bible say about MARRIED men and women as this is even worst!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by BeautyFULL85(f): 7:52am On Apr 08, 2013
ojesoj: you NL ladies and other ladies out there carrying this ideology in ur mindset would ruin ur future with ur husband. because you would find urself competing him at home and trust me no man wants that.......no say ojesoj no tell una ooooooo

Competing with my husband is d last tin on ma mind. As Mrs Chima said earlier, ONLY a married man can claim to be the head of his family. And den d wife knws she has to submitt to him. And even then, there has to be mutual respect, btwn dem, not "god-headness"! All i'm saying is dat, "dis is a man's world" is a highly overrated hype!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by MrsChima(f): 10:14am On Apr 08, 2013
BeautyFULL85:

Competing with my husband is d last tin on ma mind. As Mrs Chima said earlier, ONLY a married man can claim to be the head of his family. And den d wife knws she has to submitt to him. And even then, there has to be mutual respect, btwn dem, not "god-headness"! All i'm saying is dat, "dis is a man's world" is a highly overrated hype!

Mbj and co are well entitled to their opinions however when they say the Bible said this and that.....then it becomes source droppings. My point is people should know what they are talking about especially when they use the Bible as their source of bullshit. I asked to point a verse that said men and women are unequal according to God and this is a man world. How can a humanbeing claim rights to something they did not create.

That's like a rapist claiming toto that's not his. A wise elder said just cos someone can read don't mean they can comprehend. Some of these folks ain't crack open a real bible since nursery!!! Some use the bible as a door stopper or coffee mat but when trying to prove an opinion they will misquote the shit out of the bible.

The bible specifically talks about in Esphesian 5 the role of a Christian family not a heathen or part time Christian. It didn't say the role of a fornicating male or woman. Paul in the bible was considered a leader in midst of 12 disciples....he was the head of the group...does it mean Paul was unequal to John Nd co No he wasn't....in any group or family there has to be a head or leader that are capable of representing an unit not individual.

A head without a neck is like a dead person without a soul. An effective leader is just as effective as it's team.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by bukatyne(f): 11:33am On Apr 08, 2013
laykhorn:
"Women are naturally unfit for public office. Both the
natural order and facts show us that the political
being par excellence is male; the Scripture shows us
that woman has always been the helper of man who
thinks and does, but nothing more." --Your new
Pope
(Charming, ain't he, ladies?)

Why didnt you argue the other reasons I gave up there too?

Are you serious he said that?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by bukatyne(f): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
you have to make up your mind ONCE AND FOR ALL about what you (women) want. when we go on dates and its time to pay the bill, aint you happy that it is a man's world?! if you want equality then REACH FOR YOUR POCKET like we (men) do when the waiter brings the bill, haba!

yes it is a man's world, and there is nothing any woman can do about it. some women may say that they want to do it on their own without a man, be independent and shiit, but the sad fact is the salary they would probably get is much less than what a man would get doing that exact same job.

also, in many r/ships, because women are dependant of men, the minute they have a baby they decide to stay home (and become homemakers). aint you happy that since there is NO EQUALITY, men MUST go and provide for their family (and not the way around)? would you like to go and provide for the family while hubby stays at home?

as for the guy who cheated but dont allow his woman to do the same, i agree with the guy. it is all about what you desire in life, and NO we all dont desire the same things. look at how many women are gladly second or third wives, yet NO SANE MAN would ever accept to share his wife, food for thought.
just because a man does something, doesnt mean he automatically allows his partner to do the same.

and last but not least, if a man tells you that he will never accept that you cheat, it does NOT mean that he wont do it himself (because again, not all unions are based on equality). many men literally buy their wives, therefore they OWN that lady (yes you heard me right), and therefore he can do as he pleases and treat her as he pleases. but hey, here is a clue: if men and women were ever equal then why dont women in Africa pay GROOM price then?!

equality my foot!

I really agree with your points.

It's really we women who decide what we want and uphold barbaric traditions.

How many father-in-laws give their DILs problems in marriage?
How many fathers spoil their sons?
How many men marry another man's wife?
How many men whine when things don't go their way?
How many men want double standards in terms of equality?
How many men would side with random women expect if they have something in common?

I believe we dress ourselves how we want others(men) to address us.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by bukatyne(f): 12:18pm On Apr 08, 2013
~PreciousBro~:
The neck is not the head,the arms ain't either,the head is the head....literally,metaphorically speaking,anyhow you take it. tongue

With that analogy,I'd like to think the man as the Head grin

Look at it from the biblical angle because,the yardstick to any societal standard is from a religious base, so, what say y'all ?? LoL

Again the body ....yeah like the neck only supports the head,but it can never be the head,the content of the head which is the brain is the key and whole power to everything,so how can the neck move the head when the head says no ?? You figure!!

Men,the world is ours jor!!! sorry girls tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin cheesy

I guess you are really mixing things up.

The Bible is talking about husband/wife relationships.

I doubt you can walk to any random woman and command her to wash your clothes because 'you' rule the world.

As regards marriage, God laid out the duties of husbands and wives. In Christianity, the leader actually is called to serve so there is a balance. One is not more important than the other.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by bukatyne(f): 12:22pm On Apr 08, 2013
ojesoj: you NL ladies and other ladies out there carrying this ideology in ur mindset would ruin ur future with ur husband. because you would find urself competing him at home and trust me no man wants that.......no say ojesoj no tell una ooooooo

Do you compete with your friends?

Remember that everyone knows the kind of life he/she wants and should look for a partner to suit their beliefs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

expired thread / Man Dey Vex Ooo!!!this Groom Can't Wait To Pounce On His Bride / To The Man I Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.