Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:20 AM

It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! (5860 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Am Forced To Agree It's A Man's World / Is It A Man's World ? / Its Hard Being A Woman In A Man's World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by fruityjojo(f): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2013
"There can be no spirituality, no sanctity, no truth
without the female sex"1993, by Andrew
Schneider tongue.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ektbear: 7:20am On Apr 09, 2013
The godfather of soul said this grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fd8_gojNXc
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2013
ekt_bear: The godfather of soul said this grin

[size=13pt]The Godfather of Soul had multiple failed relationships, divorced at least twice, and fathered several children from extramarital affairs with random women, including an airline hostess. What did he know? Lol.[/size]

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2013
lol!

the singing is great tho
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by laykhorn(m): 11:37am On Apr 09, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you serious he said that?
Try get his speech on the day he was sworn-in... I cant get the link anymore.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ektbear: 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The Godfather of Soul had multiple failed relationships, divorced at least twice, and fathered several children from extramarital affairs with random women, including an airline hostess. What did he know? Lol.[/size]

Touche grin

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]The Godfather of Soul had multiple failed relationships, divorced at least twice, and fathered several children from extramarital affairs with random women, including an airline hostess. What did he know? Lol.[/size]

this being a man's world has nothing to do with failed marriages and what not.......actually what you wrote confirmed even more that this is a man's world. he did all the stuff you wrote and STILL was seen as a great man. what you should have wrote instead, is that this particular song goes as followed:
THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD but it would be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by switdick(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
This is My World dammit!!! undecided

Check my handle to see the Gender there.. grin

Actually, I haven't seen any Female Like me before...

Maybe they can't be crazie and real at the Same time ?? cry

Is it their world ?? Nature doesn't think so,so ??
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 10, 2013
MRbrownJAY: this being a man's world has nothing to do with failed marriages and what not.......actually what you wrote confirmed even more that this is a man's world. he did all the stuff you wrote and STILL was seen as a great man. what you should have wrote instead, is that this particular song goes as followed:
THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD but it would be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl.

[size=13pt]Great how? Anyone who rates James Brown as great does so in pertinence to his music. As for his personal life? Anyone who cares to read his bio will call him a crazy drug and woman abuser. Surely you remember how he was in and out of jail for numerous domestic abuse charges, which included a rape charge, and being on probation for not paying child support. Still a man's world?[/size]
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 10, 2013
^^^^ you still dont get it, so ok let me try to explain:
all the "crimes" that JB committed, a woman would have gotten the exact same sentence........ so focussing on his crimes makes absolutely no sense, IN THIS DISCUSSION, as he was still viewed as as a great man thanks to his music. we are still talking about this being a man's world, right?!

ok so here is a clue: cheating although not "right" is not a crime, but if a woman has multiple BF, most times (if not all) she would be considered a slut by men AND women, but if a man does the same (although he technically is a slut too) he is rarely viewed as such, on the contrary........ this is a clear example for you of the MAN'S WORLD that we live in!

even the bible is very clear on the issue: A MARRIED MAN can have as many concubines/mistresses etc as he desires, a married woman CANNOT, and should only be with her husband!
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2013
[size=13pt]Focusing on crimes makes sense. When someone says "it's a man's world", I assume he or she means in its entirety rather than circumstance. It's a man's world yet woman woes sent him to jail and court repeatedly. When domestic abuse and a man, especially a black man, is involved, he is assumed guilty until proven innocent. There's a stigma with the issue of women abusing men. The same way a woman may keep hush about having multiple boyfriends so as to not be seen as loose is the same way a man may keep hush about being beaten by his wife so as to not be seen as weak. Anything pertaining to abuse, family, child, and etc., issues, a man will have trouble winning.[/size]
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Focusing on crimes makes sense. When someone says "it's a man's world", I assume he or she means in its entirety rather than circumstance. It's a man's world yet woman woes sent him to jail and court repeatedly. When domestic abuse and a man, especially a black man, is involved, he is assumed guilty until proven innocent. There's a stigma with the issue of women abusing men. The same way a woman may keep hush about having multiple boyfriends so as to not be seen as loose is the same way a man may keep hush about being beaten by his wife so as to not be seen as weak. Anything pertaining to abuse, family, child, and etc., issues, a man will have trouble winning.[/size]

you are talking as if women dont go to jail for domestic abuse, lol! as you pointed out, the only reason we dont hear much about women abusing their partner is because men's ego is in the way (and this has nothing to do with this being a man's world).........but one thing is certain: if/when such cases go to court, these abusing women GO TO JAIL just like men do.

so the issue of keeping hush is irrelevant because the outcome here is DIFFERENT:
- a man keeps hush about abuse from his partner, but when the stuff comes out, the lady goes to jail JUST LIKE MEN.
- a lady keeps hush about being a slut, but when the stuff comes out, she is NOT viewed JUST LIKE MEN.

its a man's world, just admit it or bring better points to the table.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:14am On Apr 10, 2013
mrbrownjay.. your ego is getting in the way right now. Ogugua is right.... there are just as many downsides to being a man as they are upsides.

As you mentioned earlier your ego prevents you, and most men from seeing this.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:16am On Apr 10, 2013
As it stands a man will typically get around 40% more jail time for the same crime as a woman.

And for all your bragging bout being able to sleep around.... its estimated that over 30% of children born are not the blood of the man that thinks he is the father. In some areas the figure gets to well over 1 in 3

So kindly shut up with all this ego talk and face facts.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ektbear: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2013
Err. Who cares about jail time? I don't intend on committing any crimes, so not really relevant for me.

Issue #2 is easy to handle with a paternity test.

Being a man = no monthly period that saps away your energy for 1 week. Also means never having to spend 9 months pregnant.

Not to talk of the higher pay that men get for the same work, higher likelihood of promotions at work, etc, etc...

Life is much harder as a woman than as a man.

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ektbear: 8:25am On Apr 10, 2013
Did I somehow forget to mention menopause?

Or the rapidly decreasing attractiveness/desirability of women past 30, while for men even at age 40, 45 you can date 22 year old co-eds?
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by ektbear: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2013
If you are a man and you sleep around, likely your parents will be like "Boys will be boys."

But if you are a woman living in say Iraq or Afghanistan, your father will kill you to restore his family's honor.

Don't give me any bullsh1t about men not having it easier than women.

We are lucky as hell.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2013
pleep: As it stands a man will typically get around 40% more jail time for the same crime as a woman.

And for all your bragging bout being able to sleep around.... its estimated that over 30% of children born are not the blood of the man that thinks he is the father. In some areas the figure gets to over 50%

So kindly shut up with all this ego talk and face facts.

i am giving you FACTS of EVERYDAY LIFE where men have the upper hand, while you are here coming with some mambo jambo.....
who gives a damn about estimates, give me CONCRETE FACTS, as we cannot sit here and talk about what MEN DONT KNOW.
if a man raises a child as his own then he IS the father (especially if he doesnt know any better).funny how you forgot to put the estimates of men who have extra marital children that their wives have no clues about, lol. your point is VERY WEAK to say the least.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2013
I speak about these issues alot and i run into the same stupidity...

Women love to pretend they are victims and men love to pretend they are always winners. Men also love to pretend women are loosing when that is not really the case.

1. Was it a mans world in 1919 when a whole generation of 19-30 year old men was wiped of the face of the earth?.... the few that survived repopulated Europe so fast that it was like those guys never existed.

Thats because men don't matter that much for reproduction.

2. Is it a mans world when a woman can beat you with a glass bottle and you still end up going to jail?

3. Is it a mans world when a woman can divorce a mili-milionare and take half his money and his kids for..... sleeping with him for a couple of years?

4. What about how men commit suicide at 4 times women in many countries... why are workplace deaths 95% male in this mans world?

5. lol why were 305k of the 310k ppl killed in the gulf war male, but the media only cared about the females... bla bla bla the list is endless.

Just face facts both genders have their up-sides and downsides. All this "mans world" BS is old and tired.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Hell... 80% of unique human DNA come from females. This is not a mans world
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 10, 2013
ekt_bear: Err. Who cares about jail time? I don't intend on committing any crimes, so not really relevant for me.

Issue #2 is easy to handle with a paternity test.

Being a man = no monthly period that saps away your energy for 1 week. Also means never having to spend 9 months pregnant.

Not to talk of the higher pay that men get for the same work, higher likelihood of promotions at work, etc, etc...

Life is much harder as a woman than as a man.

[size=13pt]You mention menstruation and pregnancy as if they're the end of the world. Many women find the nine months of pregnancy as an exhilarating and life changing journey. She does have another potential being in her womb after all. I would think things of that nature make us stronger. People may believe that life is harder for women, but if it is, that's because society made it so. Biologically, women tend to outlive men.

As pleep rightly said, being a man has its own numerous disadvantages. I don't see one gender being better than the other.[/size]
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 10, 2013
pleep: I speak about these issues alot and i run into the same stupidity...

Women love to pretend they are victims and men love to pretend they are always winners. Men also love to pretend women are loosing when that is not really the case.

1. Was it a mans world in 1919 when a whole generation of 19-30 year old men was wiped of the face of the earth?.... the few that survived repopulated europe so fast that it was like they never existed.

2. Is it a mans world when a woman can beat you with a glass bottle and you still end up going to jail?

3. Is it a mans world when a woman can divorce a mili-milionare and take half his money and his kids for..... sleeping with him for a couple of years?

4. What about how men commit suicide at 4 times women in many countries... why are workplace deaths 95% male in this mans world?

5. lol why were 305k of the 310k ppl killed in the gulf war male, but the media only cared about the females... bla bla bla the list is endless.

Just face facts both genders have their up-sides and downsides. All this "mans world" BS is old and tired.

[size=13pt]I was actually about to say something similar to the bolded lol. You beat me to it.

Random, but I was reading an article today on Tom Cruise. Apparently, he had no idea Katie Holmes was divorcing him. He was working and she was calling him every day, telling him "I love you" and all that other wife stuff. Meanwhile, she was preparing her divorce lawyers. Her friends and family who had ties to him changed their phone numbers. Within a week of him talking to her, he finds out he's being divorced. Guess who has the daughter a majority of the time? Guess who's paying child support?[/size]
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:41am On Apr 10, 2013
male privlege na
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:42am On Apr 10, 2013
I think the funniest thing about this is how breast cancer research dwarfs prostate cancer research like 50 to 1.

And more men are dying of cancer than women grin
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2013
pleep: I speak about these issues alot and i run into the same stupidity...

Women love to pretend they are victims and men love to pretend they are winners. Men also love to pretend women are loosing when that is not really the case.

1. Was it a mans world in 1919 when a whole generation of 19-30 year old men was wiped of the face of the earth?.... the few that survived repopulated europe so fast that it was like they never existed.

in a world where men made the rules, it is normal that they save the world. women had NO RIGHTS in 1919....they were almost invisible and only good to serve men.

bring us facts about this story so we can analyze this story PROPERLY! did she do so in self defence? what was the man jailed for etc? but one thing is certain, if a person beats another one with a bottle, they go to jail, not the way around.

my stand on this issue has always been the same (ask Sagamite)..... if a man is poor and then marries a lady and they live for 20yrs and they end up with X amount of money, she is entitled to half of what was generated during the union. its called being FAIR!

what has that got to do with the issue?! if a man decides to kill himself then he has the right to do so, unless it is against the law in your world (or beneficial to women lol). show us where the law is against men and favour women, instead of bringing some weak points to the table.

last time i checked, the media reported 310k ppl killed, meaning all the deceased. duh!

Just face facts, we all have our up-sides and downsides all this "mans world" BS is old and tired.

we are still waiting for you to show us all concrete facts as to when/where rules favour women over men, where being a woman will be an advantage over men.......
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I was actually about to say something similar to the bolded lol. You beat me to it.

Random, but I was reading an article today on Tom Cruise. Apparently, he had no idea Katie Holmes was divorcing him. He was working and she was calling him every day, telling him "I love you" and all that other wife stuff. Meanwhile, she was preparing her divorce lawyers. Her friends and family who had ties to him changed their phone numbers. Within a week of him talking to her, he finds out he's being divorced. Guess who has the daughter a majority of the time? Guess who's paying child support?[/size]

- the person who have the most free time and capabilities to care PROPERLY for the daughter will get custody, its no brain science!
- Tom Cruise has a fortune of $270M and will pay child support, so that the child keeps having the same lifestyle as to when they were married. btw it is called CHILD support, isnt it?! the wife will get whatever was agreed upon on the prenup OR half of what was generated during their 5yrs union.
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2013
I'm not going to argue with your ego bro.

Like i said earlier, this "sense of having advantages over women" is so core to the male phyche that there is no way i'm going to convince you of the truth. You are biologically programmed like this, just as women are programmed to see themselves as perpetual victims.

Ill leave you on one last note.... people have a much milder emotional reaction to seeing a man die than a women. Thats because both males and females instinctively value the lives of women more, while men are subconciously viewed as expendable

enjoy your mans world. wink
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2013
pleep: I think the funniest thing about this is how breast cancer research dwarfs prostate cancer research like 50 to 1.

And more men are dying of cancer than women grin

[size=13pt]Good point lol. I'm sure that has more to do with cognizance. Women are more in tune with their health than men, who'd rather blow off a routine check up. Feminists and women's health advocates made the breast cancer cause what it is. I doubt one can find that kind of enthusiasm in men. Not as much anyway.[/size]
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 8:57am On Apr 10, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Good point lol. I'm sure that has more to do with cognizance. Women are more in tune with their health than men, who'd rather blow off a routine check up. Feminists and women's health advocates made the breast cancer cause what it is. I doubt one can find that kind of enthusiasm in men. Not as much anyway.[/size]
Yea, women have an own group preference that men don't have, this allows them to organize more effectively to support their interests. Men are usually unable to comprehend negative parts of being male past what has happened to them individually. This typically means relationship moaning... nice guy whining etc.

The research on the subject actually shows that men natually have an 'own' group preference in support of women. This will either increase or decrease based on life experiences
Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 10, 2013
MRbrownJAY: - the person who have the most free time and capabilities to care PROPERLY for the daughter will get custody, its no brain science!
- Tom Cruise has a fortune of $270M and will pay child support, so that the child keeps having the same lifestyle as to when they were married. btw it is called CHILD support, isnt it?! the wife will get whatever was agreed upon on the prenup OR half of what was generated during their 5yrs union.

[size=13pt]Katie Holmes isn't poor. Their daughter would have a life much better than average, even with Tom Cruise out of the picture.
If I read correctly, one of the issues "bothering" Katie Holmes was Tom Cruise's beliefs and its affects on their daughter... as if she didn't know she married a Scientologist. Anyway, the koko is that most of the time women get custody of children. A woman has to be suicidal, on drugs, or abusive for her not to get custody. I'd actually think it's reverse sexism. Women are considered best suited for raising children.

Compare the celebration of Mother's Day to that of Father's Day.[/size]

1 Like

Re: It Is A Man's World...who Said?!!! by pleep(m): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2013
But anyway dont get too depressed guys... there are still some places where it is a mans world. Saudi arabia and Afghanistan for example.

So if your big dick fantasy is so important to you.. consider taking a vacation to the middle east grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Internet lovers / My Girlfriend Of 9 Years Says It's Over Between Us / Man Spotted Begging His Girlfriend At The Back Of A Chruch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.