Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) (26094 Views)

Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2013
Obinoscopy: That's not the recognised thread. This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1394239/interested-moderating-section

Interested NLer should pls indicate interest there.
ok.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 26, 2013
Seun: The Islam section was created for security reasons, to protect non-muslims from the risk of violence, and not to promote Islam.
www.nairaland.com/1411578/injustice-religion-section-nairaland#1411578.5
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hernadez99: Your level of Esoteric Knowledge still baffles Me sad
obadiah777: grin grin grin i baffle myself too. i dont belong to me anymore. i am an empty vessel being used by YHWH. a pawn, if you will. i am a puppet being used by a ventriloquist grin
www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/157#505782.5050
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2013
obadiah777: lol Reygie whats good sire
You are good.
I give you an A so far.

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2013
Lololol.
plaetton: Seriously , I am convince that the sun has a special beef for me and is stalking me. I am now very paranoid about going out. I feel like a cockroach now. The Last time I went out, the sun singled me out for special punishment. Everywhere I went it followed me. I looked back, and there it was. I looked forward, and there it was. I look left and then right, there it was again. My body was burning and sweathing, and my head was dizzy. I looked around me, other people around me were not slightly perturbed. Therefore, I am suspecting that I am being stalked and deliberately punished by the sun, perhaps for my apostasy and blasphemous ways. Is this spiritual, as I am suspecting? I need some advise from people knowledgeable on spiritual matters,such as priests, pastors, prayer warriors, even Babalawos and Pagans are welcome . Urgent please.! cry
www.nairaland.com/1420043/think-sun-stalking-me-could
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2013
Reyginus: You are good.
I give you an A so far.
Thanks Bros wink
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by loveroftruth: 9:52am On Sep 03, 2013
*posting this here for reference purposes*

Rule nos 8 says that no one should post false information on NL.

Why then is a thread paddling information without evidence about the jw allowed to continue ?

For that thread to be true, this has to be:

BERNIMOORE: @ Yoogurz
IM still asking you, show me a signed UN document by watchtower, which you ough to haveseen before creating the thread

if you cant provide a signed document by watchtower, then you are guilty of;

[size=18pt]3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/1417830/hypocrites-jehovahs-witness-abandons-secret#1417830.28

contracts are never one sided.

Lots of information on the web about the Jw exist, that does not mean they are true.

But for doctrinal matters that the bible can always be reference, it is malicious for NL admin to coloborate with that ^ on that thread and allow it.

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/182#17857484
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1422498/how-atheists-explain-miracles#17844495

Elxandre:
How do you expect a man to generate new limbs?
I wrote clearly that you are not asked to question the existence of miracles. you are asked to explain how they occur.

3 Likes

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by MrTroll(m): 11:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
^^^^
How can somebody be this dull?
cry cry
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Tears leaked from my eyes, brothers, I tell thee the truth...

Logicboy03:

Guy, you were my project.....I was proud when you saw the light after I showed you the psychopatic violence in the old testament. You denied that Yaweh was good. You were heafing into disbelief.

Where did I go wrong? Didnt I debunk you enough times? Did I preach the good logic of atheism? Did I not baptise you with the lashing of anti-religious rants?

I feel like a disappointed parent. Uyi, you failed me and you failed yourself. Go on. Go on like a slave and submit your free mind to the shackle of religion snd unquestionable faith.....

Goodbye my son

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/196#17941241

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by texanomaly(f): 7:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
aManFromMars: Tears leaked from my eyes, brothers, I tell thee the truth...

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/196#17941241
Lolz...prodigal son. I don't think he's coming back...
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
aManFromMars: Tears leaked from my eyes, brothers, I tell thee the truth...

Lol. A project indeed.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Afrobasic(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
grin

E<R>F:

HOW ABOUT BECOMING A CHRISTAIN @LOGIC BOY...

I sense God have a better plan for yhu and i solemnly believe in my spirit that He would use yhu to spread the Good news to many Atheist...

Just believe me and open yhur heart to Jesus....

He is knocking.. Its time to repent ... Jesus is coming soon

Heaven and Hell are real!!!

Logicboy03:

https://www.nairaland.com/1411130/conspiracy.....it-all-elaborate-ploy-derail/1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 11, 2013
Kay 17: ^^ all radiations derive their source from God but not part of him? Dont u see that as a contradiction? Is there any effort made (creative wise) in developing these radiations?
m_nwankwo: Definitions and concepts cannot accurately capture what God is. In spite of this I will make an attempt in the knowledge that this definition is a very faint reflection of reality. God is the primordial source of all energy. One can also say that God is the primordial source of Life or that God is primordial Life or primordial Energy. Anything else that exists or will exist derive its life or energy from GOD. In other words, only GOD is alive, everything else derives there life from God. What scientists are conversant with are various forms of energy with material universe. There are energies in all creations, not just in material universe. These energies originated from the radiations of God. In material universe energies are secondly radiations of primordial spiritual beings created by God and these primordial spiritual beings are the actual image of God. The human spirit that is man is simply an image or a reflection of these primordial spiritual beings. The primordial beings are of unimaginable size that one of them can hold our entire material universe in the palm of its hands. And yet even these primordial beings are creatures of God.  Best Wishes.
www.nairaland.com/818040/deepsight-does-god-create-ex
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 17, 2013
striktlymi: I think my eyes are 'broken' from reading silly posts.

I can't believe almost everyone is scared of standing up to HBG.

Posterity will remember the likes of:

1) mynd
2) Uj_sizzle
3) Ihedinobi
4) Enigma
5) Reyginus

for their comments here today.

But my respect goes to mynd and Uj_sizzle for their bravery and lack of fear in speaking directly in the face of 'tyranny'.

https://www.nairaland.com/1114515/christian-chatbox/220#18176863
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
noblefada: The educate you a bit, the gospel, the message of the bible, The Word is not in the letter or writings but a person! The gospel is a person, the message is Jesus! the compilation about this person is written in the bible. In simple terms the message is not the book itself, but the person the book is about. That's why we keep telling u guys you can't understand the book without the Person.
www.nairaland.com/1458868/bible-only-believers
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Lmao @ pm... I read that too...
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
aManFromMars: Lmao @ pm... I read that too...
noble was really in the spirit. Of what, I don't know.
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2013
okeyxyz: SMH @ the OP. OP exhibits the typical symptoms of abject inferiority complex. The OP is so lacking in self esteem, so ashamed of his racial and cultural identity/origins that his is angered that some people(TB Joshua, Jim Iyke, etc) have managed to bring to light the same attributes he has sought so much to hide. So you've watched the Jerry springer show, seen how unbelievably silly the whole logic and scenario of it is, how people come on air to trade blows and make a shame of themselves, etc, etc, yet you give it a pass, you let it slide, you forgive them by saying "Oh, it's the jerry springer show..", you did not judge america by the rubbish and shame displayed on the jerry springer show and other silly talk shows and reality tv shows abounding on american airwaves. But now enters the TB Joshua show, you refuse let it slide, you decide this is an assault on nigeria's image, you weep that your demons has been exposed to the world and you have been made a laughing stock. Bros, why don't you wave it aside with the same levity as you do with the Jerry Springer show?? You cannot because deep down inside, you have very serious low self esteem issues, that is why you are so sensitive to silly matters such as the TB JOshua show which you feel reflects badly on you as a black man and as a nigerian, You believe your oyibo friend will judge you by the embarrassing displays of TB Joshua and our Nigeria celebrities. In short, you have no authentic identity of yourself, you are defined by trends, public opinions, celebrity craze, propaganda, mob frenzy, etc. I remember a particular thread you started many months ago, where you announced (with pride) that the reason you turned to atheism was because it was the trend in europe and america, "GAWD!!!" where is your own self determination?? Everything you do seems to be to identify with the "cool" crowd(ie: europe and america), So you come here crying, spewing your woes and misfortune that TB Joshua has embarrassed you. Bros, You need deliverance. And before some other mumus come here to accuse me of being a TB Joshua follower, know now that I don't give a rat's a.rse about that man, infact f@ck him, he's a false prophet(though a rich powerful one tongue), but then the world is full of believers of falsehood, so it's only natural that a false prophet emerges to be their king.
www.nairaland.com/1460669/nigerian-53-jim-iyke-t.b

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 01, 2013
aManFromMars: 1King 18 25So The atheists said to the prophets of Yahweh and his son Jesus, 'Choose one prayer point for yourselves, and call on the name of your god. 26Then they took the prayer point which they had prepared and called on the name of Jesus from morning until noon saying, “O Jesus, answer us.” But there was no voice and no one answered. And they leaped about the altar which they made. 27It came about at noon, that the atheists mocked them and said, “Call out with a loud voice, for he is a god; either he is occupied or gone aside, or is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and needs to be awakened.” 28So they cried with a loud voice and cut themselves according to their custom with swords and lances, speaking in tongues and spraying anointing oil on themselves, until the sweat gushed out on them and their microphone batteries had died put. 29When midday was past, they raved until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, paying tithes and seeds, but there was no voice, no one answered, and no one paid attention. Things only got worse... Your God is nothing without you. Get involved in governance. Get involved in discussions that seek to lift our country from the current quagmire it finds itself in. Enlighten your neighbors. Put pressure on the government at all levels to ensure they deliver their electoral promises. God will not come down to do your work. He never will. Even Jesus was left alone on the cross. Happy Independence day.
www.nairaland.com/1460598/independence-day-thread-say-short
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by loveroftruth: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
Ok, i just love this qoute:

enginexy10:
Someone reading the Bible
What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

The beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses are no secret, for their literature is readily available in hundreds of languages. Below is a synopsis of some of their main tenets:

1. The Bible

The Witnesses believe that “all Scripture is inspired of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Jason D. BeDuhn, an associate professor of religious studies, wrote: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses built] their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” They align their beliefs with the Bible; they do not interpret it to suit themselves. At the same time, they recognize that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. The seven days of creation, for example, are symbolic, referring to extended periods of time. —Genesis 1:31; 2:4.

2. The Creator:

The true God has given himself a personal name —Jehovah (or Yahweh, as used in the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and preferred by some modern-day scholars)— that distinguishes him from false gods. * (Psalm 83:18) The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures. Stressing the importance of that name, Jesus said in his model prayer: “Hallowed be thy name.” (Matthew 6:9, King James Version) God rightly demands exclusive devotion. Hence, the Witnesses use no icons or images in their worship. —1 John 5:21.
Jesus Christ

“The Father is greater than I am.” —John 14:28

3. Jesus Christ:

He is the Savior, “the Son of God,” and “the firstborn of all creation.” (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater than I am,” said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. “No one comes to the Father except through [him].” —John 14:6.

4. God’s Kingdom:

This is an actual heavenly government with a King —Jesus Christ— and 144,000 corulers, who are “bought from the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3, 4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14) They will rule over the earth, which will be cleansed of all wickedness and will be inhabited by many millions of God-fearing humans. —Proverbs 2:21, 22.

5. The earth:

Ecclesiastes 1:4 states: “The earth endures for ever.” (The New English Bible) After the destruction of the wicked, the earth will be made into a paradise and populated forever by righteous humans. (Psalm 37:10, 11, 29) Jesus’ words in prayer “thy will be done in earth” will thus be fulfilled. —Matthew 6:10, King James Version.
6. Bible prophecy

“God . . . cannot lie.” (Titus 1:2) Hence, what he foretells always comes true, including the Bible prophecies concerning the end of the present world. (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 24:3-14) Who will survive the coming destruction? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” says 1 John 2:17.

7. Secular authorities:

“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God,” said Jesus. (Mark 12:17) Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the laws of the land when these do not conflict with God’s laws. —Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3.
Two women discussing the Bible

“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.” —Matthew 24:14

8. Preaching:

Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom” will be proclaimed earth wide before the end of the present world. (Matthew 24:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses consider it an honor to share in that lifesaving work. Of course, whether people listen or not is their own choice. The Bible says: “Let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.” —Revelation 22:17.

9. Baptism:

Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize only those who, on the basis of a thorough study of the Bible, want to serve God as one of his Witnesses. (Hebrews 12:1) These symbolize their personal dedication to God by water immersion. —Matthew 3:13, 16; 28:19.
10. The clergy-laity distinction

“All you are brothers,” said Jesus to his followers. (Matthew 23:8 ) The early Christians, including the Bible writers, had no clergy class. This Biblical pattern is the one that Jehovah’s Witnesses follow

https://www.nairaland.com/1462864/man-shoots-jehovah-witnesses-visiting/7#18632330

grin

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by truthislight: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
bokom: Pls read and think of it ...,Pastors are building Empires for themselves.... These Pastors tell us 'law' came by moses, but 'grace' came by Jesus... They pray with the grace of Jesus, and collect money with the law of Moses. They are Christians, but nothing Christ-like about them anymore... Jesus Christ was a just man, who understood the principle of the 'widow's mite', but our today Pastors don't give a shit about widow's mite... The more you give, the more important you're in today's churches, irrespective of wether the money is ill-gotten or not. JUST GIVE!!!! The bible is now a weapon of mass deception... They twist the bible knowing that people are lazy to read. They collect 10% tithe, they collect welfare offering, they collect building offering, regular offering *all from one month's salary etc.... After which they will ask you to make vows and sow seeds at random! Haha!! Why won't they be billionaires?After collection, they build high profile schools, exotic Hotels and Hospitals for Politicians and their children, not caring about people who have been giving their widow's mite. The bible said "give that there may be meat in my store house"... God never said you should keep collecting after you have an overflow.
Otunba Fayo OgunkanmbiBOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 persemester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, JABU450,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 persemester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALLOF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILTFROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THECOMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'TAFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of thechurch going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed,redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. These schls are now elite schools, only for the rich politician children. The gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury. While Warren Buffet who has a company that build jets, still fly around on public commercial jet. Meanwhile, their members sleep hungry & d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dis msg because this is reality & we should start the change now! May God deliver us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476356/nigerian-pastors-must-read#18781444

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by MrTroll(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
plaetton:

My own case was not a matter of change of belief.
In southern Nigeria, we all come from religious families in religious communities.

My curiosity started when I was 5yrs old and started asking my mom questions about god. She did her best to answer them as any parent would do.
The answers I got seem less than satisfactory the older I got.
I also noticed very early that all humans behaved according to their immediate needs, not according to their religious injuctions or pretences.

Although I learned so much from sunday school, over time I realized that it was the same repetitive mantras every week, nothing new, no new revelation from god or Jesus.
Over time, I realized again that everyone was just regurgitating what they too had been told.
I started reading the bible for truth.
The stories were amazing.
Even when believed, they did not portray the biblical god in a good light.
That bothered me greatly.

I could not understand why he hated the Egyptians and all the other tribes of Canaan.
I even found myself siding with and cheering for the philistines during their battles with Israel because I thought that god was being very unfair to the philistines.
Even as a youth, I had a sense of fairness that I felt god, the creator of the universe should have been well above.
So, the loving god that was preached in church, and the biblical god in the bible were two different and opposite personalities.

The more confused I was about religion the more I took an interest in the subject.

Most importantly, I did not see any difference in health, wealth or general well being between those that professed religion and those that did not.

The idea that Jesus came to earth to die for my sin, thereby saving me from what I do not yet know is one that I have never ever, till this day, understood.
So I had two problems, namely god and then Jesus.

When I began to read Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart", it was the great shocker and eye opener.
From that moment I realized how christianity came to our shores, how it was used to soften out minds, to divide us, to rob us, to break our cultural backbones.

I think it was that moment that I stopped going to church.
I was still conflicted .
I believed in the existence of god, but Yahweh troubled me with his many contradictions.

Over the years, I exposed myself to a lot of materials on religion and history and philosophy that helped me to understand religion from a historical, philosophical and anthropological perspectives.

In pre-med, the more I studied human anatomy and physiology, the more awe and reverence I had for god, the presumed designer and creator. The more awe and reverence I had for the designer god, the more dichotomy and contradiction I saw between my idea of god and Yahweh.

It remained that way until I was exposed to ancient History and texts.
The works of Dr. Zachariah Sitchin blew open my mind , finally stitching together all the disparate pieces contradiction in the christian religious narrative.
Everything now made sense,yahweh now made sense, religion now made sense, the bible now made sense, Jesus, a contrived myth. Perfect fit.

But God and origin remained a mystery.

My interest in physics and astronomy took me deeper into our current understanding of the universe and the prevailing theories.
Again, my mind began, once again to agitate.

I started asking myself, " Why does the universe need a god, a creator?"
Matter is condensed energy, and energy is self-existent, so who needs a god?
My mind became conflicted again.

Then i cam across a book at a library titled " God, A Biography". I borrowed it, read it, returned it, and the n went to a book store and bought it, and read it again.
The book outline the origins of the idea of god and traced it through the ages across different cultures , different religions and different times.
It hit me like a bolt of lightening.

" God is an idea, an evolving idea that evolves with us".

That was my final realization that god is whatever the human mind shapes it be.
It made so much sense and explained so much.

Greedy people preach a greedy god,
Wicked people preach a wicked god,
Good hearted people preach a loving god.
etc, etc.
A projection of our subconscious ideals.

https://www.nairaland.com/1478162/just-noticed-only-one#18817899
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by MrTroll(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Now here's my own evidence that you're delusional:

Real scientific findings bear witness to the message of the bible.
Science:
n.
1 a branch of knowledge conducted on objective principles involving the systematized observation of and experiment with phenomena, esp. concerned with the material and functions of the physical universe.

Your scientists were not there millions of years ago. In fact there is no millions of years ago. The earth is quite young actually. There's no such thing as evolution, its bogus and unscientific, darwinian evolution(a change of KINDS, not species) cannot be observed as you claim it happens over millions of years There's a difference between evolution and adaptation. Humans saw fossils, and made silly conclusions since they didn't want to retain God in their knowledge(that's in the bible). The fossils you see are as a result of the great cataclysmic event recorded in the bible, the flood you see. Because of that flood, and the aftermath events,per-flood and post-flood dwelling organisms were devoured, most of them(both aquatic and terrestrial) were buried in mud and lime and sediments following the flood. They are the fossils we see today.

Here's romans chapter 1
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; 19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Yes you see. They refused to retain God in their knowledge and thinking they were wise, they became fools. It is foolish to degrade yourself from a man created in God's image, to a primate.

When you look at nature and the fossils in relation to scripture, ALL uncertainties are answered and done away with. There's no shred of evidence for evolution and the big bang, that's why its still theory you see. You are the deluded one my friend, not me. You are brainwashed enough to believe you arose from apes and nothingness. To insult the dignity of humanity.

If humans arose from apes, why are there no living intermediaries today? And why are the apes still alive?

Smh my friend. You see, here's evidence of a young earth- http://www.answersingenesis.org/get-answers/features/young-earth-evidence/

There're fossils where aquatic and terrestrial organisms were buried together, fossils of aquatic organisms in very high mountains of the world, land forms that can only be explained by massive erosion of moving waters. All these are explained in the bible and in the flood.

This is not about science shaa. I'm going through the grounds of science to get the message of the gospel to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1447731/renounce-atheism-agnosticism/6#18371185
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by MrTroll(m): 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
^^^

that was Chibuebem aka [url=ww.nairaland.com/Joshthefirst]joshthefirst[/url]
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mr Troll: ^^^

that was Chibuebem aka [url=ww.nairaland.com/Joshthefirst]joshthefirst[/url]

We should have awards for foolish posts of the year grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360: I can't email you in private because my email account was closed\blocked. I don't know the reason. Maybe na because I no pay tithe grin
www.nairaland.com/1467074/goshen-360-christian

1 Like

Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 12:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Image123: i 'think' i know just two types of atheists globally. 1. The fool that said in his heart that there is no God. 2. The biggest fool that said with his mouth that there is no God
www.nairaland.com/1478288/4-types-christians-nairaland#1478288.20
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 15, 2013
aManFromMars: There's nothing wrong with masturbation. See it as God's gift and alternative to fornication. or commit fornication and ask for forgiveness..
www.nairaland.com/1476809/m.asturbation-eaten-deep-into-life
Re: Greatest Religion Section Quotes ( sticky) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 16, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I had wanted to title this confession "my journey into Atheism". But then I felt that this one was going to be more appropriate. As it is, the Atheist I am today did not happen in a day. I went through three different stages of atheism and that process is still continuing. As I describe my journey into becoming the Atheist I am today, I will briefly touch on these three stages. STAGE ONE How did I become an atheist the first time? To start with, let me quickly define what Atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in God. This is simply what Atheism is. And I will tell you how I first became an atheist. It was a while ago, a young man met a young lady, they fell in love and married. Of course, after a while, she got pregnant. 9 months after this, an Atheist was born! That young man was my father and the young woman was my mother. And yes you guessed it, I was the Atheist they gave birth to. You see, during that period, which comprised the first 12 months of my life, I didn't believe in God; any God for that matter. I was a pure Atheist! STAGE TWO This confession may come as a shock to many, but it is true! My second stage of Atheism was due to my parents. Yes, my parents turned me into an Atheist. I was brought up in strict Christian upbringing and soon gave my life to Christ and entered into the then SU movement. During this time, I was taught how God is different from Allah and how Allah is an idol in Mecca. So yes, I didn't believe in Allah and in our local deities like Ogun, Sango and Obatala! You see, Atheism is the lack of belief in the "existence" of a deity. So of one deity or the other, everyone is an Atheist. But I was worse than many others, because I did not believe in Allah, nor in Obatala, nor in Buddha or Krishna. My strict Christian upbringing required it. And so whilst I was a Christian, to all other deities, I was an unbeliever. I didn't believe they "existed"! Of those deities therefore, I was an Atheist! STAGE THREE I grew therefore a Christian. And I thought Christians believed in one God. Until I found out that even within Christianity, there were many gods! This is one reason why there are many Christian sects and each one believes the other is in error and going to hell. You see, God is a personality, but also an idea, a concept and a perception. If the name changes will it still be God? I say no. If the definition changes, will it still be the same deity? I think not. And if the perception changes, will it be the same deity? I say no! That was how I became a full blown Atheist. I began to reject the existence of the Christian gods. I lost belief in the confused god, the vicious god, the greedy for money god, the do-for-me-before-I-do-for-you god, the corruption enabling god, the bloodthirsty irrational god, the man of god (yes that one is a god too), the wear ear ring and go to hell god, etc etc. As different descriptions and definitions of God inherent in my faith became evident to me, I had to decide which God I wanted to believe in and which I wanted to drop. I therefore became an atheist of so many gods within my faith. This I believe explains why many Christians see me as an atheist. And they are right. Of many of their gods, I am an unbeliever. For example, if your god doesn't bless you unless you bribe him first, I'm sorry, I can't believe in that one. Or if your own sends a devourer after you for missing taxes, (sorry tithe), well, you're not talking about the same God I know. The same goes for the hundreds of gods people peddle in Christianity, these days, too numerous to describe. Once I see we are talking about different deities, I will respectfully reject yours and hold on to mine. My lack of belief in your god therefore, makes me an atheist of your deity! I believe heaven exists. What it is, I don't know. I doubt its streets are laden with gold, that is rather ostentatious. I doubt it will have large breasted virgins waiting either. That is so depraved. However, I do believe it will be a spiritual plane. Heaven won't be a place for christians, muslims, or any other religion. Only children of God will go there. And I am one of them. Until I transit therefore, I will continue to reject deities that do not make sense to me, whoever is peddling them! BY:ROLU ADEBOLA
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?post=18856302&topic=1480179

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'AI Jesus' Talks Dating, Relationships, Morals — Even Offers Video-gaming Tips / Burial Of Victims Of Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting (Photos) / Who Is 'jewesun' In Odu Oyeku-meji And Owonrin So'gbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.