Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59220 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Not only trying to deceive Nigerians with his dribbles but using the "oga" word on national TV was so embarrassing.

What in D world happened to the words "boss" and "superior"
I wonder o.

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by akwaowoudo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
The original madam oga at the top!

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by berryoflife(f): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
Funny enough, most of d people making jest of d 'my oga at d top' guy dont know abt d recent happenings in naija bt wld pounce on any oppurtunity to make jest of sum1 else's mistake and dey are nt any better. Its good we all learn from oda's mistakes to broaden our knowledge and not just make jest for d fun of it. I cant imagine being in d shoes of dat man's children, we are all humans...

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
naptu2: I still don't understand why people will excuse wrong doing or incompetence with a "let's look at another case" argument. Where ever there's mediocrity, incompetence, crime, etc it should be exposed and punished. Remember, it was social media that brought the Aluu case to light and ensured that the police began prosecution of the suspects.

Think of the age of that man and ask yourself how many people of the man's age you know are very conversant with the internet?

If you can answer that question honestly you will get nearer the truth.

Competence with the internet/computer is generation dependent . . . .I am pretty sure there are loads about the internet my nephew in Year 1 knows which noble laurette Wole Soyinka will not know!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
He shd borrow a leaf from Patience. She was heavily ridiculed 2yrs ago, some even forged jokes abt her but she 'boned' everbody and kept on making speeches. Even her hubby, the No. 1 citizen wasnt deterred.
If dis protest is true, den she has jus added fuel to d fire

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by konami001: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Guy...guys... be very careful now because of this matter o... information reaching me now is that the oga of the oga at the top has threatened to pardon criminals and convicts because of this matter o... Everybody should just pipe down for now and let this thing blow over o..
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by crownfits: 9:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
HAVE U EVER LOST 250k TO 300k TO SCAMS BEFORE?

Anyone who has lost substantial amount of money to scams because of this job website issue will not say people should take it easy...

Some people were worse than dead after loosing money to job scams.

It surprises me that some people are even saying is English our Language...?

Is website question English Language or grammar www.kasuwa.com and www.jumia.com (Are these websites English Language/grammar?)... Abegiii..

The question he was asked is not an English Language question, it's an internet language question which he was supposed to know or dodge intelligently... Simple!

This man is a TOP SHOT in NSCDC for goodness sake.

He could have even said something like NSCDC is working on the site and for security reasons he can't disclose it bla bla bla to save Nigerians from scammers... or NSCDC is working on it incase if the web address changes, so he won't want to give any now but can get back as soon as possible...etc... Just come up with something... Make the guy just talk something intelligently.

No one knows all and perfect, but much would be expected from you at some stage.

He needs to be trained, not suspended... He don reach the position already.

I doubt if the oga at the top himself knows.

Him just dey unlucky falling victim when guyz blood dey hot, but let's be frank... It's annoying!

I hail Channels Tv, they uncovered the shit in Police College and now this.

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Monjerk: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Why is this ' oga @ d top" stuf more important n network friendly thann all this politician that r milking this country?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by MATUREZEE: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2013
Did she consult her "Oga at the Top" before going to channels TV, before she says something and her "Oga at the Top will say its another.
And her husband knows that his "Oga at the Top" was watching.
Anyway, let me not say anything before my "Oga at the Top" will say its another.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Patsey: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2013

[size=18pt]This is the face of Oga @ D Top! Mr Obafaiye Shem Sunday[/size]
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by niyoni: 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Truth b told, if Nigeria were a sane country, d 'my oga at d top' crooner who embarrassed himself, family and nation should have long tendered a passionate and national apology for his media goof! He should waste no further time in doing d right n honourable thing if he wants d sympathy of Nigerians. Nigerians are soft-hearted people if u know how to handle them. Daz all!!

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by wealthpos(f): 9:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mr. Garri.:
The NSCDC official actually deserves to be rebuked for displaying gross ineptitude and inefficiency, I am however appalled by the way and manner Nigerians especially our youths have taken this matter to another level.

If only issues of CORRUPTION, BAD GOVERNANCE etc are given similar publicity and attention!!

There are so many SCAMS and daylight robberies being perpetrated by our government, yet all some folks think about is‎​ "Man at the top" story.

Let's start producing T-shirts to condemn the INJUSTICE and corruption around us!!

Let's produce songs, videos and GIFs to condemn GEj's rewarding of the most criminal-minded folks in our nation..

When are we gonna sing to The Government to remind them to bring to book those who perpetrated the subsidy scam that cost us trillions of Naira??

When are we gonna FOCUS ON ISSUES OF NATIONAL IMPORTANCE!!

angry angry

This is a very good Idea fellas,we could strategically protest against any mismanagement or bad governance just like we did to my oga at the top silly mistake..It is possible because we have the vocal and physical power in Nigeria.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by floriana(m): 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
This joke is a national treasure. I prefer to have the National theatre building demolished than to stop this joke.

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by wealthpos(f): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
niyoni: Truth b told, if Nigeria were a sane country, d 'my oga at d top' crooner who embarrassed himself, family and nation should have long tendered a passionate and national apology for his media goof! He should waste no further time in doing d right n honourable thing if he wants d sympathy of Nigerians. Nigerians are soft-hearted people if u know how to handle them. Daz all!!

Well said,but His in exposure will not give Him the audacity to do that.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
HQ:

My point exactly! It's not about the fact that he forgot the website address but the distasteful manner in which he tried to con his way out.

Reminds us a little too much of our corrupt leaders and their deceptive mannerisms.

Too bad he got burnt. He should've just kept it simple - I've forgotten the website address and the matter would've died the moment he stepped out of the studio. But No, he had to play smartass.

If you've watched the entire video you'll realize that most of the questions thrown at him, he either referred to some other department or tried to evade.

It'll fade out eventually. Trying to stop it forcefully will only make it spread more.

Then why on earth did he get his ass in the studio in the first place

He brought this mockery upon himself if u ask me.

Coming for a live show of that magnitude so ill prepared tells a lot about his person.

*HE DESERVES ALLL THE INSULTS*

4 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ChuckD2(m): 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
For all those saying this meme should stop, wetin be una problems sef? No one likes the current situation in this country and everyone knows that it stems from the leadership. Much as I may feel pity for the man and his family, asking anyone to stop the trend is a worse crime than the trend (call it ridicule if you like) going on.
How does a social reformation begin? Must it only begin when someone sets himself ablaze out of frustration or must it be when there is stamp tax? Please... the effect of this MyOgaAtTheTop may have far more positive social impact than a whole lot of you may want to admit. So my fellow Nigerians, All I can say is: "endeavour to improve on your general knowledge of the little things around you and understand the importance of little humility and truthfulness. This man would've been far less embarrassed if he simply said he hasn't visited the site yet rather than acting the way he did. Imagine, he kept interrupting the Channels guys with his "wait... wait...". Wait for what nau? Please, if there's any of you out there who doesn't like the trend eh, You are "grown" already ok, let the "less mature" one enjoy their childhood while it lasts and what's more, you can disconnect your data connections from your PCs and mobiles. No be by force say you go read trending topics come dey spoil our Tuface with your Cabo Snoop... DazAll.

PS: Mehn I need to get me one of those MyOgaAtTheTop T-shirts O. They are friggin awesome mehn.

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by israel007: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
Labaran maku once said Jonathan brought facebook to nigeria
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by nagoma(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
I sympathize with the poor man. Is there any chance for him to take legal action against all the ridicule he is suffering ? Any lawyers here please?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Onyinyechimara(f): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
floriana: This joke is a national treasure. I prefer to have the National theatre building demolished than to stop this joke.
grin

Well he's incompetent and not to be trusted given the manner in which he tried to dodge the question

The best thing for him is to join in the jokes

He should appear on TV again and use the phrase again and just laugh at himself - its not a do or die matter

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
He has probably been suspended from office - https://www.nairaland.com/1227975/obafaiye-shem-oga-top-suspended
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
[quote
author=JudismphD]The Price for mediocrity and parochialism. U dnt blame
anybody for ur pitfall. A man lacking in knowledge will definately
perish and 'my oga at the top' will not be an exception.[/quote]

This is what tribalsm can cause. Am sure this man was supposed to be in Zamfara, but due to the tribalistic nature of Abolarin, he gave him a juicy posting in Lagos, not knowing he was setting his brother up for downfall.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by crackhouse(m): 9:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
sb tell me this is not true. i don't believe it.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Onyinyechimara:
grin

Well he's incompetent and not to be trusted given the manner in which he tried to dodge the question

The best thing for him is to join in the jokes

He should appear on TV again and use the phrase again and just laugh at himself - its not a do or die matter

Exactly. If you can't beat them, you join them. He should join the jokes and accept his mistake, and before he realizes it, the matter will die down.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by sureteeboy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
The woman exergerated this stuff. She said her kids were mocked @ school, did this video spread so fast lyk that. If it happened on thursday or friday, how did d kids hear b4 leaving school

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lanretoye(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
madam @ the top dey para oo!...
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ola Johnson: The worse of it the youths who constitute the majority of people making jest of this man have never once watched the programme, Sunrise Daily, where this started. They don't breakfast programmes like Kakaaki (AIT), Today on STV, etc. They could perhaps make more mistake than this man. We all know how today's youths are academically. If you don't, interview or ask corps members in orientation camps to fill forms.

Your point Exactly mr man
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by badassnigga(m): 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
protest at Chanel TV to cause another oga at d top drama grin
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by tintingz(m): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
chiboy11: my friend in uk just told me dey re laffin at al of us now cuse of dis, make una stop ooh cuse d laff now hz xtended 2 every body
i heard its all over U.S now....my-oga-at-the-top is really spreading o grin

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by abbeybanks(m): 9:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
What exactly did she want the chairman to do? To call off the wordings or to withdraw the video in circulation?
I doubt if this story is true because many version is in circulation so people cook many stuff to be relevant....
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Moschino26(m): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
How does this put money in people pocket.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by tintingz(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
ehyya. . . .no cry ehn...
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Curiouscity(m): 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
The problem is we leave what should attack and attack what we shouldn't. I bet most persons editing the video of that interview didn't even listen or see when the interview was aired. Agreed the man goofed! Who has never goofed or failed a simple question in his life? Most of us just want to follow the bandwagon even when we are pathetic at our different places of work. If we have have to be sincere, some of our parents are ignorant of how to use ICT yet they occupy startegic positions in government.

I have a suggestion: Operation wipe out mediocrity from Nigerian civil service.

Each day, Channels TV will visit one MDA or unit UNANNOUNCED. Ask the heads questions bothering on their jobs. Post the recorded interview online. The we all vote on who suits to be in office or not. I bet some of use will be ashamed!!
Knowing the domain name of your company website is not as important as knowing the working procedures or policies of the company.

But Nigerians being who we are, and on anonymous forum like this, we are all 'pro' and can capitalize on someone's mistake or ignorance.
Wake up Nigerian Youths!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Video Of Chibok Girls Holding AK-47, Explaining Why They Refused To Return Home / Slavery In Libya: FFK Shares Graphic Picture Of What Sub-saharan Africans Face / Tinubu And Wike's Motorcade In Port Harcourt Today (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.