Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59197 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Policewoman(f): 10:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
I blame the mods for being so mediocre in airing this FAKE NEWS from a fake blog. Make una leave dat man alone abeg.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
May all those who provide dia platforms for this Man who hs a wife and children to b dis embarrassed face shame bigger than this dt wll eventually consume dem amen! Whatever u do 2 anoda person u wll hv urs coming in a hundred fold. Painful and shameful death and misfortune wll hit u guys if u dnt stop dis. Haba! Who is perfect? Are we God? Hv we nt all made mitakes b4?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by chibud(m): 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
jay2k: well i don hea d womans cry..her request will b granted by my ooga @ d top dats all....if not she shuld visit ww.nscdc dats all
n after that she will have d opportunity to go 4 her own interview das all ha ha ha ha
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 10:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
we are pretty much venting our frustration at the system, we hardly rebel bad governance in naija, we accept so much bull from govt officials that anytime anyone from the govt slips to the knowledge of all and there is no way they can deny it , we capitalize on it.
The man shows what is wrong with the country , WRONG PEOPLE AT THE TOP, what do u expect from people at the bottom?
meanwhile the woman just made it worse. Even the so called website is not functional
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by mkoabiola: 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
I acnt blv ds.
It is d biggest lie.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by herquleez(m): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
azimibraun: May all those who provide dia platforms for this Man who hs a wife and children to b dis embarrassed face shame bigger than this dt wll eventually consume dem amen! Whatever u do 2 anoda person u wll hv urs coming in a hundred fold. Painful and shameful death and misfortune wll hit u guys if u dnt stop dis. Haba! Who is perfect? Are we God? Hv we nt all made mitakes b4?

very unnintelligent of you azimibraun

It's a free world, he chose to misbehave and embarrass the entire nation onn live tv, it's our choice to punish him for that and teach others a lesson.

it's a free world man, get that entrenched in your moin moin brain undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
floriana: Thunder fire any attempt to stop this joke. This is the only thing that has kept me laughing in the last fews days and you want to pull the plug? The price of stopping this joke is too high. Anybody who wants to stop it must be ready to bring the original comedian of the federal republic Patience Jonathan out of retirement.

grin grin grin

U mean madam

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by YorubaOmoge: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigerians are just silly imbe ciles for real.

A country with high ratio of employed to unemployed wouldn't dillydally on something so insignificant.

I guess they need something to pass the time.
[/size]
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
Rooneyboy:

My brother, truth is if we(THE YOUTHS) don't act in this way and manner mediocrity will persist in our country .

U might not be aware of it but THE INTERNET is the only sword we've got.

*our leaders ARE NOT COMFORTABLE with the use of the internet in heir midst*

WE HAVE SEVERAL SWORDS. THE INTERNET IS ONE AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANT IS HOW WE USE IT.
THERE IS NOWHERE ON PEOPLES POSTS WHERE IVE READ A DEMAND FOR AN OVERHAUL OF THE SYSTEM ALL I SEE IS OVERFLOGGED (AND FRANKLY) CHILDISH JOKES. WHO WANTS 2 TAKE US SERIOUS? THE JOKES ARE GOOD IN THE SHORT RUN IM ALL 4 A GOD LAUGH BUT IN THE LONG RUN.........HABA EVERYTHING GET LIMITS

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Lildav: 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
JudismphD: The Price for mediocrity and parochialism. U dnt blame anybody for ur pitfall. A man lacking in knowledge will definately perish and 'my oga at the top' will not be an exception.
wi†h all d knowledge u feel u have,no 1 even knows u or perhaps even ur dad who doesn't "lack in knowledge" i guess u я so full of knowledge dat u don't even know how to talk about people who я down. Its unfortunate how inhuman u sound! U belong wi†h d beasts in d fields...mr not"lacking in knowledge" nonsense!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
" The woman jst made it worse". I agree with totally because if the woman true or false hd appealed to human biengs created by God, she wld expect dem to see reasons and stop bt since she is in ur view appealing to " Animals" lk dos ppl hving fun frm a fellow humans misery, she sure hs made it worse. Animals lk dis accidental social media owners. I tot dis guy who owns Nairaland ws a decent human bieng. If it ws his relative am sure he wnt promote dis, dia is more to dis life than money and fame.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by YorubaOmoge: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=18pt]The man looks like a sweet, happy sensitive fellow.

Judging by the way he giggled/laughed with the interviewer.

So sad that Nigeria has turned another happy fellow into an emotional sufferer. Misery needs company, I guess
[/size]

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
kingoflag: To show that Madam is as uncouth as her husband she is reported as having made a "forceful entry" into the TV Station.... Please, tell me, whatever happened to filing a written letter requesting that they desist from defaming her husband's character (or whatever she feels her grouse/claims are) ? Oh, I forget, its the Nigeria she and her husband are living in where everything is done by force she still thinks shes living in. Foolish people, like their dumb President, cant see that social media will help change Nigeria in the way the Military couldnt.

Useless people.

I'm so in love with the bolded bro .
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Costa2000(m): 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eyaaaaaaaaaaa ppl we have to stop this plsssssssssssssssssssss, not for the man but for the sake of his wife nd kids.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
All those complaining about the jokes are simply putting the issue back in the public spotlight. The jokes will continue as long as people keep trying to surpress them. When people stop complaining the meme will gradually die out.

This is not the first time and it will not be the last.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Sike(m): 10:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
Oh, Poor woman!! sad
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by StateOfMind: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
obi123: we are pretty much venting our frustration at the system, we hardly rebel bad governance in naija, we accept so much bull from govt officials that anytime anyone from the govt slips to the knowledge of all and there is no way they can deny it , we capitalize on it.
The man shows what is wrong with the country , WRONG PEOPLE AT THE TOP, what do u expect from people at the bottom?
meanwhile the woman just made it worse.

The sad thing is no matter how long this joke takes, it will not stop nepotism in this country(especially government institutions) neither will it reduce or control it. Even if they demote , suspend or terminate this man's appointment, I'm certain none of these mockers(the unemployed and underemployed ones) would replace his post. Typical of nigerians to channel their energy and time into wrong things.

For the records, I am NOT in support of pea brained men (or women) occupying government seats, but the truth is , it can't be helped in nigeria. A thousand humilating n embarassing tweets and broadcasts and nairaland posts will not change that...at least not soon.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by eriegua83: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
They did not ask him of the contents on the website but rather the name. As a commandant in lagos he dosen't know the name of the website of the organisation that paid ur salary nd allowances monthly, its a shame. He is not worthy of that position, let him resign. Did I really say all this without asking my oga at the top?
mikeansy:

Think of the age of that man and ask yourself how many people of the man's age you know are very conversant with the internet?

If you can answer that question honestly you will get nearer the truth.

Competence with the internet/computer is generation dependent . . . .I am pretty sure there are loads about the internet my nephew in Year 1 knows which noble laurette Wole Soyinka will not know!!!!!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by YorubaOmoge: 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
[size=18pt] I really feel like crying for the guy.

Seems like a nice fellow.

May his God walk him and his family through this traumatic time.

People just don't understand how traumatic public humiliation can be.

His young children are tormented at school. No bodyguards to protect them.

His wife is made fun of at the market place (and prolly where she works)

The man got a suspension letter and could be demoted.

After all this, who will earn the money to feed his family? You?

After you destroy one family. . . .may all your gods forgive you.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2013
herquleez: In my opinion, the man represents the cadre of public office holders (unintelligent, stagnant, semi illiterate, unpresentable, shameful and of course no computer literacy)

This cuts accross many government parastatals (ministries, agencies and departments) where 'leg', quota system and corrution has deminished our standards to nothing.

As harsh as jokes like this may seem, it's the only way common Nigerians can express their displeasure at the ineptitude of people in power.

A part of me kinda feels sorry for him though, but the 'oga on top' thing can't stop being funny. He should serve as a lesson.

Check out his fb page

Spot on bro .
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by naptu2: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
This is not even about age. People have been mocking public officials who mess up from as far back as the beginning of recorded history. There was even a "penkelemess" dance in the 1960s. Even the Soviet Union, as dictatorial as it was, couldn't stop citizens from laughing at public officials. it is a human right.

It will fade away with time, but it is futile to try and decree it to end.

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2013

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by cr7lomo: 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
The ppl makin fun of dis man sud pls grow up 4 1s. I guess ur frustration is based on poverty , boredom or joblessness.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by fonssy(f): 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Eyah! I pity the man now,Nscdc should send him for a comupter training course instead of suspending him. That man can commit sucide.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by ChuckD2(m): 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
Babzilla:
AND HOW DOES RIDICULING THE MAN MAKE NIGERIA A BETTER PLACE?
THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH US INSTEAD OF SEEKING CONCRETE SOLUTIONS WE JUST SPEND TIME WITCH HUNTING AND LOOKING 4 SCAPEGOATS.
WORST CASE IS HE GETS FIRED THEN WHAT? THEN NIGERIA WILL SUDDENLY BECOME CORRUPT FREE? POVERTY WILL DISSAPEAR? PUHLEASE

This is the kind of event that brings everyone's attention to the "CONCRETE SOLUTIONS" you're looking for. If, and I repeat "If" there's going to be a change, don't be surprised that something this trivial can spark it. I want Nigeria and Nigerians to change - all of us, and I also know that that change will most definitely have its casualties. DazAll.

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obeno: 10:56pm On Mar 16, 2013
madam i go help u by taking back the hands of time.but ma oga @ d top go sack me dats all
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by obi123: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
herquleez: In my opinion, the man represents the cadre of public office holders (unintelligent, stagnant, semi illiterate, unpresentable, shameful and of course no computer literacy)

This cuts accross many government parastatals (ministries, agencies and departments) where 'leg', quota system and corrution has deminished our standards to nothing.

As harsh as jokes like this may seem, it's the only way common Nigerians can express their displeasure at the ineptitude of people in power.

A part of me kinda feels sorry for him though, but the 'oga on top' thing can't stop being funny. He should serve as a lesson.

Check out his fb page

i just love it when someone says exactly what i want to say so beautifully, well said herquleez

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by redsun(m): 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
The web is so revealing. Nobody can hide from the web,it exposes all the mysteries.It frees up the peeps by teaching them instantly.

What happened there just revealed the mediocrity of nigerian system,a situation where complete retaaards run the affairs of men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Enugu Community Charging Station In Nkanu East LGA / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Hilarious Dangote-Obama Hoax Confuses Americans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.