Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon (18536 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / 2015 Senate Campaign Poster For Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: I have been to both countries, and I have been to USA and my visa has not expired, meaning I can jet out tomorrow if i want to, we have poor people in every country, if your friends in Venezuela and Cuba arent doing great, its natural, they should up their games, am sure they are those guys with no skills roaming from country to country, I do not like them.
Hahaha... I can relax back, sip on Coca-cola and laugh over this comment coming from somebody who claims to be rich. It is clear you are just another goon to Western ideology!

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013

4 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Listen, little man. Last I checked the 1999 constitution, Freedom of Speech was there.
That clearly supports my view on this topic.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Hahaha... I can relax back, sip on Coca-cola and laugh over this comment coming from somebody who claims to be rich. It is clear you are just another goon to Western ideology!
Listen little man, I am hardworking dude, and I am very comfortable, in as much as I do not like to attack you personally, I wanna just help you by informing you that you cant make complete sentence without mistakes.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
toluene12:
So, we should wait 350 years before we develop? this man u are something else. what about singapore, indonesia, malaysia, india, turkey, even india. these contries gained independence around the same time as nigeria, but they weren't stupid to wait for 350 years b4 catching up with the west as u're advising nigeria to do.

India has not ''caught up with the west'' in any way, shape or form. In fact a recent study showed that India is ''far poorer than Africa''.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

As for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, the major reason they became tiger economies between 1950 and 1990 was massive foreign investment in their economies by western nations led by the US, Western Europe and Japan in the 1950s. The victorious allies were desperate to create capitalist bulwarks against rampaging communism, so they opened their markets to finished goods from Asia, and offered massive incentives to their companies willing to invest in Asia. The rest is history. See, this is why you people need to READ and STUDY, otherwise you will never understand what's going on on this earth. A full grown man like you SHOULD KNOW the reason behind the rise of the Asian tigers. Instead you have in your head the simplistic and ignorant notion that they are somehow superior beings who developed rapidly merely because they ''put their house in order'' when in fact the reasons are a lot more complex.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
President Jonathan is a disgrace to the nation and should never, ever be trusted.
In my wildest dream, I never thought such thing (pardon) will happen. For once, I am seeing a PhD holder that lack common sense!
How on earth did he do such an unthinkable just to satiate his personal desire or what?I don't get it. Hope he is normal or is he remotely controlled?
Oh dear!!!
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by emmatok(m): 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

Fool, then don't call it a ''theory'', Call it a fact.

Your earlier post about US implosion is a conspiracy theory.

The last time US descended on Nigeria with economic sanctions we all felt it, even with our OIL WINDFALLS.

GEJ should not wish for another diplomatic wahala with the US.

WE are not the only country with Oil in AFRICA.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 17, 2013
negosus: President Jonathan is a disgrace to the nation and should never, ever be trusted.
In my wildest dream, I never thought such thing (pardon) will happen. For once, I am seeing a PhD holder that lack common sense!
How on earth did he do such an unthinkable just to satiate his personal desire or what?I don't get it. Hope he is normal or is he remotely controlled?
Oh dear!!!
State Pardon is Constitutional, its a prerogative of mercy enshrined in the constitution, even Governors go to Prison once in a year to free some inmates no matter the crime. GEJ is exercising his Constitutional mandate, so you are just an ignorant person that needs schooling about constitution, I can bet you do not own a copy, but I do.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2013

3 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

India has not ''caught up with the west'' in any way, shape or form. In fact a recent study showed that India is ''far poorer than Africa''.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/india-far-poorer-than-africa-new-measure-shows/story-e6frg6so-1225891801078

As for Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia, the major reason they became tiger economies between 1950 and 1990 was massive foreign investment in their economies by western nations led by the US, Western Europe and Japan in the 1950s. The victorious allies were desperate to create capitalist bulwarks against rampaging communism, so they opened their markets to finished goods from Asia, and offered massive incentives to their companies willing to invest in Asia. The rest is history. See, this is why you people need to READ and STUDY, otherwise you will never understand what's going on on this earth. A full grown man like you SHOULD KNOW the reason behind the rise of the Asian tigers. Instead you have in your head the simplistic and ignorant notion that they are somehow superior beings who developed rapidly merely because they ''put their house in order'' when in fact the reasons are a lot more complex.

You finished Him, thats classic.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: You cant spell, and you cant make correct statements. Its either you are emotional or you are not properly lettered.
So, that is what educated illiterate means! I Can't spell indeed! I have repeatedly given the excuse. time without numbers, that I multi-task often times. I am usually prone to errors while doing that. You are the person going about grammar in this forum yet you can't make simple correct sentences in many cases.

However, to be emotional is nothing bad but to be properly lettered is totally different from what you are trying to talk about in your comment.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: So, that is what educated illiterate means! I Can't spell indeed! I have repeatedly given the excuse. time without numbers, that I multi-task often times. I am usually prone to errors while doing that. You are the person going about grammar in this forum yet you can make simple correct sentences in many cases.

However, to be emotional is nothing bad but to be properly lettered is totally different from what you are trying to talk about in your comment.
I can see why you had so many mistakes, stay off multitasking it makes you look like an i/d/iot. Do not always get emotional, and learn to study the constitution before making assertions. Its online, if you cant get a hard copy.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by toluene12: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

What a dolt. They're ''free'' because they dropped down like manna from the sky, correct?

Educate yourself dude: The bulk of US ''aid'' to Nigeria is HIV related:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130315/us-disappointed-at-nigeria-pardons-warns-aid-0

In 2011, the US Agency for International Development spent some $230 million on aid programs in Nigeria, the bulk of which went towards supporting health programs and in particular preventing and treating HIV/AIDS.

The aids ensure 3 million nigerians have FREE access to antiretroviral treatment. The nigerian govt pays for NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun: When it comes to charity, no other nation gives more than Americans. Not just the government, but the people.

AMERICAN ''AID'' IS ALWAYS PREDICATED ON THE PREMISE THAT THE ''AID'' RECIPIENT MUST PURCHASE WHATEVER GOODS THE ''AID'' IS FOR FROM US COMPANIES, EVEN IF THEY CAN OBTAIN THEM CHEAPER ELSEWHERE. SO THE ''AID'' MONEY GENERALLY RETURNS TO THE US ECONOMY. THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Listen little man, I am hardworking dude, and I am very comfortable, in as much as I do not like to attack you personally, I wanna just help you by informing you that you cant make complete sentence without mistakes.
Hahaha... Spare me this your self-aggrandizement, and it is becoming your worse nightmare in this forum! Hard-working my bottom.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by olumentain: 8:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
This so called Mumu Gov. One na one Day all this will end, they will all beg for their lives
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Hahaha... Spare me this your self-aggrandizement, and it is becoming your worse nightmare in this forum! Hard-working my bottom.
Hahahahaa...my nightmare. I do not believe you. My friend, McCarthy used to get the best gurls by just saying, "Am a very good man" and hey, it worked the last time I tried.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: I can see why you had so many mistakes, stay off multitasking it makes you look like an i/d/iot. Do not always get emotional, and learn to study the constitution before making assertions. Its online, if you cant get a hard copy.
Oh!Please! As if that has anything to do with what the topic is all about.

What must the Nigerian government grant infamous criminal like Alamieyeseigha amnesty?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by EkoIle1: 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

Illiterate airhead. How many years of independence did it take America to get to this stage? 300 years? 350? Nigeria is 50 years and you're comparing her to America? Where was America at 50 years? Flogging, torturing, lynching, ra.ping, enslaving, and denying education to everyone who looked like you as a matter of state policy.

So count your blessings you are in Nigeria at 50 as opposed to America at 50, you worthless, ill-bred, ungrateful, stup.id mor.on and professional white asss licker.

What are you saying you retar/ed dumb fcukkk?

So because it took the US 300 years to get to where it is today, it means your country should be allowed to rot under corruption, rot and decay, mismanagement and incompetency for 300 years before they get portable water to drink, before they get good and quality education, before they get good and non death trap roads, before worthless and corrupt people stop stealing and embezzling their money, before the have credible and competent people to manage their lives?

This miserable and backward clown just sent his country back to the stone age for 300 years.. Is there a special school in Nigeria where they manufacture zombies and retardeens like you?

I'm even thinking this is either a dumb act on your part or you are just another elementary school drop out, but either way, you are bleeped as a human being because you are mentally corrupt and mediocre, you shouldn't even be part of any sane society...

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: Oh!Please! As if that has anything to do with what the topic is all about.

What must the Nigerian government grant infamous criminal like Alamieyeseigha amnesty?
Cos the constitution says the President should.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Rossikk(m): 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
toluene12:

In 2011, the US Agency for International Development spent some $230 million on aid programs in Nigeria, the bulk of which went towards supporting health programs and in particular preventing and treating HIV/AIDS.

The aids ensure 3 million nigerians have FREE access to antiretroviral treatment. The nigerian govt pays for NOTHING.

You really should worry yourself about what is contained in that ''free'' antiretroviral treatment. You are too old to be so gullible in the belief that anything coming from the USA is simultaneously beneficial and free. Especially as the US has been implicated in the manufacture of several artificial diseases including AIDS itself.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahahaa...my nightmare. I do not believe you. My friend, McCarthy used to get the best gurls by just saying, "Am a very good man" and hey, it worked the last time I tried.
It is BECOMING your nightmare, buddy.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: It is BECOMING your nightmare, buddy.
I love nightmares then, can the Devil save me ?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Cos the constitution says the President should.
That part of the constitution needs to be amended, if you asked me. What message does that send to the outside world in a critical time like this in Nigerian history?
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by negosus: 9:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: State Pardon is Constitutional, its a prerogative of mercy enshrined in the constitution, even Governors go to Prison once in a year to free some inmates no matter the crime. GEJ is exercising his Constitutional mandate, so you are just an ignorant person that needs schooling about constitution, I can bet you do not own a copy, but I do.
Billyonaire, I have known you in Nairaland as someone that jumps on anything just to be relevant and feared, but most time you hardly make sense.
If Jonathan is your blood brother, I guess you'll not have advised him to commit such a blunder in the name of political correctness or as you say 'exercising his Constitutional mandate'. A President with PhD,to me should be wise and smart and be trusted to a certain threshold. Jonathan to me, is not a man of himself and has been making gross and serious errors. Anyway, it's only in a nation like Nigeria that a president with such a low IQ will be tossing and turning us around and we'll keep quite. And when a little view like mine is made, people like Billyonaire will class you as ignorant. Sometimes, I wonder what kind of thing they give you guys to kill any voice of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 17, 2013
all4naija: That part of the constitution needs to be amended, if you asked me. What message does that send to the outside world in a critical time like this in Nigerian history?
Every Country I know have that constitutional mandate for Presidents. In 2001, Bill Clinton granted State Pardon to his brother and friend, they were guilty of drug trafficking and fraud respectively. The Nigerian Constitution has that clause for President and Governors too, if you could recall, Adams Oshomole, late last year, granted some Prisoners Freedom. GEJ is mandated to do same, so he called the Council of State and granted some persons including Alams State Pardon, you have the right to criticize but you can not say the President acted against the laws of the land, infact, he acted in favor of the law.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by dady12: 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2013
Capnd143: what british and american investors have you seen coming in since . . . Please those guys are the people who are allowed to bring explosives into the country because the work for constructions companies, those explosives come in the name of being used to blow up rocks bt are given to boko boys! To hell wit western investors,!!
america can never support a torrorist,you suppose to blame our boarder security men,yesterday i saw a picture of how aboki use cow to cross from benin repulblic to kastina,so boko haram can also use that medium
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by toluene12: 9:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

AMERICAN ''AID'' IS ALWAYS PREDICATED ON THE PREMISE THAT THE ''AID'' RECIPIENT MUST PURCHASE WHATEVER GOODS THE ''AID'' IS FOR FROM US COMPANIES, EVEN IF THEY CAN OBTAIN THEM CHEAPER ELSEWHERE. SO THE ''AID'' MONEY GENERALLY RETURNS TO THE US ECONOMY. THEY ARE NOT GIVING ANYTHING AWAY.
every country does the same. there's no free meal anywhere, not even in freetown. when the chinese gives you money to construct a railroad, they insist their company construct it and you purchase all the equipments from their companies. And if its a loan, u must pay back.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
negosus:
Billyonaire, I have known you in Nairaland as someone that jumps on anything just to be relevant and feared, but most time you hardly make sense.
If Jonathan is your blood brother, I guess you'll not have advised him to commit such a blunder in the name of political correctness or as you say 'exercising his Constitutional mandate'. A President with PhD,to me should be wise and smart and be trusted to a certain threshold. Jonathan to me, is not a man of himself and has been making gross and serious errors. Anyway, it's only in a nation like Nigeria that a president with such a low IQ will be tossing and turning us around and we'll keep quite. And when a little view like mine is made, people like Billyonaire will class you as ignorant. Sometimes, I wonder what kind of thing they give you guys to kill any voice of reasoning.
Is what the President did, against the Constitution ? The simple answer is 'No!', I have no intention of making people fear me, no far from it, instead I am learning from all and sundry and I make sure I am guided by Constitution but not the religious books. Many of you think Politics is religion, where saints and perfection is order of the day. Politics is not an emotional affair, and its guided by the constitution and not Holy Grails. Listen, I am here on Nairaland cos I am testing the waters, and I am going for the Senate soon, so do not be bothered about how relevant I am here on Nairaland, my constituency is all I need.
Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by emmatok(m): 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
toluene12:

Just leave that boy alone.

For him to make his GEJ look good, they must paint every critic including the US bad.

Thesame man will make a 180 degree turn if the US had supported GEJ actions.

1 Like

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by donstein(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Kslib:
So you think say PHD dey give person sense abi??

my guy well said. fink d phd our bloved presido get means "permanent head damage"

3 Likes

Re: US May Cut Aid For Alamieyeseigha's Pardon by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
Billyonaire: Every Country I know have that constitutional mandate for Presidents. In 2001, Bill Clinton granted State Pardon to his brother and friend, they were guilty of drug trafficking and fraud respectively. The Nigerian Constitution has that clause for President and Governors too, if you could recall, Adams Oshomole, late last year, granted some Prisoners Freedom. GEJ is mandated to do same, so he called the Council of State and granted some persons including Alams State Pardon, you have the right to criticize but you can not say the President acted against the laws of the land, infact, he acted in favor of the law.
This is just not about State pardon. To leave out the idea of being biased in this case, I think granting clemency to a person of the most odious governor in the existence of Nigeria is not acceptable. I can quite recall Bill Clinton's State pardon but this is way too out of the choice of person who is to be given such clemency. Indeed, not somebody like Alamieyeseigha. That is the reason why I am seeing this as a bad fate. Really, it doesn't speak well of us as we are trying to move the country forward, when Boko Haram, Scams, corrupt leadership, etc are on the rise.

Saying US reaction and action are wrong is absolutely absurd and not well scrutinized.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate / Ikoyi-lekki Link Bridge To Be Commissioned By November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.