Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" (6686 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2013
ileobatojo:

As long as it is settled in her mind and she is sure of what she's doing and the implications, then she can go ahead. If all this achieves is getting her to think seriously about the implications and be sure of her decision making instead of going with the flow (or doing it just to 'cement her postion' as wife), then it is worth something. If she can ask and answer that question confidently in her mind then they are in real good shape.

I know there is love but I said that because this is a young marriage and there are still many more potential challenges coming. If he can be so rigid and inconsiderate of her feelings in these things, we don't know how he will act in other upcoming trying situations. That's the reason I said that. Not just based on these two complaints she has. It does seem a bit harsh but it a reality that she will have to live with if things ever go south.

Just want to qualify the bolded a bit more. That was me trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and take his words at face value. So, it is all based on the assumption that there isn't more to this than meets the eye. Because if there is, then no need waiting for any more difficulties, because it's already a disaster!

Needing peace and space after love making and so she should get out? Space to do what precisely? What kind of peace is he searching for? What more peace is there than for you both to sleep after love making?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I think u and candygosh are completely wrong, I for one like my space so much and I'm pretty sure I'll do same when I get married.

I tell you she doesn't have a corner in that house let alonr space.

Don't be surprised if another woman shows up claiming to be his wife with kids.
You nor knw say some marriage na fake abi.
Just shine ur eye. I don talk my own.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
van bonattel:

There is no big deal in seperate rooms, because,

The man farts too much at night
The wife snores too loudly
The wife has body odour
The wife/the man dey play karate when asleep
She demands for love making everyday and the young man wants to live till 45 years at least.

See I believe there are ways one can go about without creating fuss if ur partner snores or chews teeth, etc
I once saw a documentary on a chinese woman who gave a speech at her husband memorial.
She talked about how he snored, did different things, habits he did that she didn't like which she had complained of.
Then she concluded sayn. She actually missed those things. No one to snore beside her to wake her up ; no one to disturb her nights with listening to music n d likes. She was goin to miss him forever. She concluded by saying all of us have our imperfections and they make us special in a way.

My point now exactly is, even if she does all those things to him. What happened to correcting her in love, what happened to saying it jokingly?

That man, is a green snake. Better watch out
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 10:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
This is such strange behavior. Dear OP, ask your friend to padlock her something for the time being. She should also stay in her room and lock the door always.No sex for him for now. That marriage is not his parents marriage, and surely she did not sign up for that. She needs time to study this guy and watch him. Mental illness is very real. Something is very strange about this guy, and she needs to give herself time before getting linked for life with him. I hope for her sake she is not pregnant. Life is too short to live with someone for many years under such strict rules. Is she a child, a slave or a prostitute. In your own house, with your own man ke. That is where you have the right to be free and as silly as ever. He should even be massaging your back and comforting you on bad period days. Na wa o! This kain arrangement, I for just pack my load. This story confuse me o. angry

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:18pm On Mar 17, 2013
baby_123: This is such strange behavior. Dear OP, ask your friend to padlock her something for the time being. She should also stay in her room and lock the door always.No sex for him for now. That marriage is not his parents marriage, and surely she did not sign up for that. She needs time to study this guy and watch him. Mental illness is very real. Something is very strange about this guy, and she needs to give herself time before getting linked for life with him. I hope for her sake she is not pregnant. Life is too short to live with someone for many years under such strict rules. Is she a child, a slave or a prostitute. In your own house, with your own man ke. That is where you have the right to be free and as silly as ever. He should even be massaging your back and comforting you on bad period days. Na wa o! This kain arrangement, I for just pack my load. This story confuse me o. angry

That's what I'm saying!

Thanks for bringing up the mental problem part too o. I read some posters saying they would do the exact same thing because they need space and I can't help wonder which mental issue they have. There's probably something at least mildly off mentally.

And I'm not trying to be rude or insulting o.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ivynwa: . The good part of having separate rooms is that you get to have your personal feminine stuffs and get to handle some feminine "timing thinz" with some privacy. I will prefer that separate rooms scenario and that doesn't mean that I and hussy can't lime all night long till the morning comes on my bed or on his or can't be with each other any time of the day on any of the two rooms we find ourselves. When I was young and visits a cousin of mine, I noticed that she has separate bedroom from her husband and they are still very happy.

Here's my point exactly, to me it makes the union even stronger and more interesting.

Seeing ur partner every minute of the day on her wrapper/panties/bra/stark naked or even breast feeding could weaken a man's appetite for his wife.

More reason y (I personally would want separate rooms ).
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by ayobase(m): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
Tobiegal dey vex with me big time o.

I know my piece of advice is gonna be a very hard and bitter pill for some NLers to swallow, but its the basic truth.

The wife needs to calm down, and not reciprocate, or else things are gonna crumble totally...the two shouldn't go gaga over the same situation!

One needs to be calm for the other for things to work out well!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
baby_123: This is such strange behavior. Dear OP, ask your friend to padlock her something for the time being. She should also stay in her room and lock the door always.No sex for him for now. That marriage is not his parents marriage, and surely she did not sign up for that. She needs time to study this guy and watch him. Mental illness is very real. Something is very strange about this guy, and she needs to give herself time before getting linked for life with him. I hope for her sake she is not pregnant. Life is too short to live with someone for many years under such strict rules. Is she a child, a slave or a prostitute. In your own house, with your own man ke. That is where you have the right to be free and as silly as ever. He should even be massaging your back and comforting you on bad period days. Na wa o! This kain arrangement, I for just pack my load. This story confuse me o. angry

The guy is 100 percent sane, its just his personal decision.

U advising her to padlock her legs for how long

All because d man says he wants his space.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
candygosh:

I tell you she doesn't have a corner in that house let alonr space.

Don't be surprised if another woman shows up claiming to be his wife with kids.
You nor knw say some marriage na fake abi.
Just shine ur eye. I don talk my own.

Far from that dear, like I said earlier, they both are still very much in love , "not like I was told" I know.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by ayobase(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
Hmmmmm!

I have said mine, the woman should react if she wants out of the marriage....as simple as A-B-C, and what I'm not supporting.

Divorce is not in my dico!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
chaircover:

WONDERFUL!!!! JUST WONDERFUL lipsrsealed

Lol! Perhaps reconsidering marriage altogether is in order for him if he is that easily turned off by others. grin

# psychological issues grin ( not to be taken to mean insanity)
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
chaircover:

oga which space?

He doesnt need to get married naw . . he can employ a cook who will cook & go and give him space. He can enploy a cleaner, who will clean & go and give him space. He can even find himself a baby momma outside and he will still have his space.

. . .but no, he wants to have his cake and eat it. He wants to enjoy the advantages of being married but he doesnt want to make any sacrifice on his own part. why doesnt he open joint account with his cook or cleaner?

Today is Sunday so I will not give any bad advise but I def know what i will do if a man only comes to my room for sex. . . . . when rabbits have not gone extinct lipsrsealed

Frankly this ur post is funny.

U all are painting the picture as if sleeping in separate rooms is a taboo .
Or like the lady is being enslaved ,

I see it differently,

"More respect and love tends to exist if they both stay differently "
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 18, 2013
Seriously, If thats what he wants, then she should allow it. Why should this be a subject of worry?
I thought marriage was all about trying to see reasons with your partner, so both can work it out. Besides, having a separate room doesnt mean partners dont love each other. So, what the heck?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Rooneyboy(m): 12:44am On Mar 18, 2013
staicey: Seriously, If thats what he wants, then she should allow it. Why should this be a subject of worry?
I thought marriage was all about trying to see reasons with your partner, so both can work it out. Besides, having a separate room doesnt mean partners dont love each other. So, what the heck?

Thank u dear, we both sailing on same boat on this topic.

Fact is most ladies would vehemently rebuke the idea.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 18, 2013
@ rooney boy, you seem to be forgetting that the husband locks his room door and decides when they shold have sex, what kind of slavery is that. she has no say . people are not saying the separate rooms is a bad idea, its the approach to it that is bad.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by baby124: 2:03am On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

That's what I'm saying!

Thanks for bringing up the mental problem part too o. I read some posters saying they would do the exact same thing because they need space and I can't help wonder which mental issue they have. There's probably something at least mildly off mentally.

And I'm not trying to be rude or insulting o.
Its different if the man/woman snores and farts at the same time while sleep walking. But I would expect as newlyweds against all odds they will try to sleep in the same room for the first few months. And really it should be the couple that should agree on one party being in a different rOom. Out of concern for the other party not being able to sleep. Not having one person given weird instructions like that. If a man all of a sudden switches 360, and starts doing strange things he never required of you while dating. Then something is wrong with the guy. Either that or he has something to hide. How can you complain about period or nursing your own baby? The guy is totally mentally detached from reality. Especially the reality of a woman, a wife and a mother. The woman should just give it time to see what other strange behavior he will exhibit. Am sure there are quite a few surprises up this ones sleeve. Its either he is mentally ill, a ritualist or bisexual and trying to front with a family. The woman has work to do! There is an obvious lack of love or concern about the woman's feeling or emotions. I can just imagine if she is pregnant how lonely and dejected she will feel. This is emotionally abusive and manipulative. He wants to turn her into a shell or a ghost of who she is. I would bail, leave story. I don't live by rules, and I can't stand rigid people. Life is not that serious and its damn too short. What sort of memories and happiness can one have with such a person? Na wa o!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 18, 2013
Rooneyboy:
He didn’t stop there; he told me it was a taboo for him to share his bed with a menstruating woman or a nursing mother. He also said by his upbringing, a serious minded man doesn’t allow a woman near him all the time. Finally, he told me that he would be the one coming to my room whenever he has the urge to make love.

It is so confusing. Another thing is the issue of joint account. He wants us to have a joint account. I don’t want it due to the experiences of my friends. He is equally adamant about it. I am honestly getting fed up with all these challenges. We dated for two years. I never knew he was this rigid and so traditional.

bwahahahaha grin grin grin......What advice could she possibly want?? Was she blind, deaf, brainless and dumb when she was dating the guy?? Getting separate rooms is not necessarily a big deal if done for the right reasons. The husband in this tale is either a joker, a ritualist or a staunch chauvinist!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 18, 2013
Shollypopz:

bwahahahaha grin grin grin......What advice could she possibly want?? Was she blind, deaf, brainless and dumb when she was dating the guy?? Getting separate rooms is not necessarily a big deal if done for the right reasons.

grin grin

Shollypopz:

The husband in this tale is either a joker, a ritualist or a staunch chauvinist!

Or addicted to online dating, p*orn or e-s*ex. You know lots of "space" is needed for this. grin lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Winneygirl(f): 4:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Rooneyboy:

I see it differently,

"More respect and love tends to exist if they both stay differently "

Obviously!! That is Y she is complaining. She is soo in love and d respect is swelling her head, she just can't help but complain.

"Oya go to Ur room".

That is wat U tell children!

P.S: Na where She go carry dis stone-age man from?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2013
Stranger than fiction. Imagine the audacity! demanding joint accounts after tactically separating himself from her. Locks everywhere to keep who out? strangers? why didn't he discuss all these with her and see if she would have bitten the bullet. He should have looked for a woman who is like him, who likes her "peace" away from him. Advice your friend to avoid having babies for now until she is comfortable with whatever is going down that is if she ever will be. He conned her mehn!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

There is no big deal in seperate rooms, because,

The man farts too much at night
The wife snores too loudly
The wife has body odour
The wife/the man dey play karate when asleep
She demands for love making everyday and the young man wants to live till 45 years at least.

I read through this thread slowly waiting for someone to point these facts out and you are the first!! #KUDOS!!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by vanbonattel: 10:05am On Mar 18, 2013
andromida: Stranger than fiction. Imagine the audacity! demanding joint accounts after tactically separating himself from her. Locks everywhere to keep who out? strangers? why didn't he discuss all these with her and see if she would have bitten the bullet. He should have looked for a woman who is like him, who likes her "peace" away from him. Advice your friend to avoid having babies for now until she is comfortable with whatever is going down that is if she ever will be. He conned her mehn!

Why didn't she ask him in the begining?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by vanbonattel: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2013
Winneygirl:

Obviously!! That is Y she is complaining. She is soo in love and d respect is swelling her head, she just can't help but complain.

"Oya go to Ur room".

That is wat U tell children!

P.S: Na where She go carry dis stone-age man from?

There is no place in the story where the man commanded her to her room, well you are right the woman should walk away if she is not comfy wif the sleeping arrangement. Another divorce, we are counting how many homes you people have broken with your advice.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Okijajuju1(m): 10:10am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

There is no place in the story where the man commanded her to her room, well you are right the woman should walk away if she is not comfy wif the sleeping arrangement. Another divorce, we are counting how many homes you people have broken with your advice.

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by vanbonattel: 10:11am On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

grin grin

Or addicted to online dating, p*orn or e-s*ex. You know lots of "space" is needed for this. grin lipsrsealed

The girl dated this guy for 2 years and afterwards decided to marry him, if he could please her for 2 years, why not now. There was no report of p*on here, don't derail the topic.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by biolabee(m): 10:23am On Mar 18, 2013
Ok interesting tale of sufferance by the woman in question

My own take

1. There is nothing wrong if a man decides to sleep in different rooms with his wife but this should have been displayed prior to her moving into his home or at least she should have been intimated before he moved her

By not doing this,  he has sown the first seed of deceit and is culpable

2. He has now made demands that he will only see her when he desires to not taking into considerations her feelings in the matter. A young wife would like to spoon, cuddle and just be around her man whether there is in.tercourse or not especially in the first few months

He could have used a bit of change management, Allow her to stay except in the time she has her visitor; then she goes away to the second room; when she has kids.. he can then move her out to the second room

3. The issue of the joint account could have been better done. In an atmosphere of acrimony that is another disaster by this man not considering her feelings
You treat her like a harem woman and then want her to give you her money?

She should not step down on this. She at this point in time even needs to have some control over her finances than ever before. There can be a compromise sharing formula based on what each party earns and both should have access to this account. The rest of her earnings should be saved for the rainy day as it will come.. I can bet my life on it. It will come

Conclusion
I really feel for this sister as she has married an very inflexible man who will not budge on many issues relating to their marriage hwoever it is not a marital failure as women have lived and thrived in less favourable marriages. She has to have a positive mindset and enjoy her life
Moreover when kids come, s.ex will definitely be the last thing on her mind and her libido may reduce (average – not all o) so nothing spoil

However I fear for her, when decisions on school fees, religion of kids etc come up

Nobniger.. you are right as some chics forget themseselves truly in this area. But nuff said
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

The girl dated this guy for 2 years and afterwards decided to marry him, if he could please her for 2 years, why not now.

Yes, why not now? I mean she clearly is very pleased with him right now isn't she?

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by vanbonattel: 10:34am On Mar 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

Yes, why not now? I mean she clearly is very pleased with him right now isn't she?

Did you conveniently leave out the p*rn part of where I quoted from?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Did you conveniently leave out the p*rn part of where I quoted from?

How does that change the point above?

*consider your advice about derailing the thread as you answer*
Re: Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2013
van bonattel:

Why didn't she ask him in the begining?

He did not have the courage to be his true self because he knew better.They were sharing the same room prior to marriage and it was ok so why the sudden change? He is the one who had this plans and who should have told her his idea of marriage. She is not a mind reader.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diary Of A Oneminuteman / Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? / My Fiancee Finds It Difficult To Serve Me Food.. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.