Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,556 members, 7,816,345 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter (74022 Views)

Mourinho To Axe Two Manchester United Stars Via Firstladynaija.com / Kenyans Vs Nigerians Round 2! Battle Of The Nations. / Adebayor's Sister Respond: Our Family Doesnt Need You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Dreyl(m): 12:06am On Mar 22, 2013
hmmm
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

@Pendo89,
Dont let these pmsed, emotional juvenals patronise you. Dish mud when they dish mud. They are just blowing hot air, they were busy admiring your country in one of the threads this is just a show of their coping skills with their hopelessness. POOR NAIJA! cry

You've got a naija husband, yet you still have hate in your heart towards naija... grin

You know your kids are gonna be naija, right?? wink
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:06am On Mar 22, 2013
#kenyans heard that their diss at Nigerians reached AlJazeera and their President has already declared tomorrow a National Holiday. **smh
ogugua88: [size=13pt]The truth is that what Harambee stars experienced is unacceptable. Our country reeks of crap and we tolerate that crap until foreigners tell us we smell. Then we get defensive. Na the way forward? Well done o.

We keep calling ourselves the giant of Africa. Can we start acting like it and look like a giant of Africa?[/size]

The fault actually lies with the Kenyan FA. The Kenyan team missed their flight to Calabar.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:06am On Mar 22, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]The truth is that what Harambee stars experienced is unacceptable. Our country reeks of crap and we tolerate that crap until foreigners tell us we smell. Then we get defensive. Na the way forward? Well done o.

We keep calling ourselves the giant of Africa. Can we start acting like it and look like a giant of Africa?[/size]

Much respect girl, what is wrong with Nigerians? Why can't they say sorry that was really bad and fix things. Please never adopt the current Nigerian mind at least on NL. You are the hope of Nageria. Change them from within. Its a real shame. Tgen Nigeria becomes " THE SHAME OF AFRICA".
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 22, 2013
pendo89: This is a sober argument.No insults just real facts. You are one of the future leaders of Nigeria.

The media is just fanning this out of proportion.

And to imagine that am not a football fan at all. grin grin

[size=13pt]If anything, it seems like a communication gap. As we are hosting them, it's our fault. I don't know why they were trying to book the training pitch at National Stadium last minute. These are things that should be done weeks to months in advance. If Kenya wasn't communicating or cooperating with NFF, then cancel or postpone the match. Better a cancelled/postponed match than Kenya vs Nigeria because of the conditions of a school ground.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by AAC: 12:08am On Mar 22, 2013

Have u bothered to investigate what happened or u'r just judging based on what u'v read here?

The NFF asked the Kenyan football association for their travel itinerary several times but d kenyans were playing hide & seek.

They only informed NFF on monday afternoon abt their travel plans & they arrived after d daily flight to calabar had departed.

They weren't meant to spend any time in lagos at all. so who's to blame?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 22, 2013
But really and truly, Kenyans are the reason why I don't really watch long distance races at the olympics... grin

I just stay with the sprints and enjoy my Caribbean and Yank athletes do their thing with batty bouncing everywhere saying: azz azz azz... angry
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Arcard(m): 12:10am On Mar 22, 2013
A journalist got sackd fo callin nigeria vs kenya a rivalry match, in naija's mind na mismatch
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by pendo89(f): 12:11am On Mar 22, 2013
Ivynwa:

Yeah, that's my embarrassment too which is why I told them that we are one African people and shouldn't mock ourselves.
I saw a group of four persons in the mall last sunday, one looked familiar like a Nigerian I know. I said hi and when I realized that they are Ghanaians we all greeted with much warmth. If I open my door right now and meet a Kenyan, I will be glad to see my fellow African person and won't ever dream of belittling such in tweets and such. Africans have been through a lot, have come a long way and shouldn't be caught abusing themselves especially the part about body structure. Tasteless dissings there. They should stop.

Hope you are good dearie?

A nigerian made contact with me from this nl.He is in Kenya working on contract and he is such a nice guy.Told me there are many of them in Kenya.
I have ghanian friends as well and they are very warm. The only hostile people are the ones on twitter and nl like 190. grin

ok I am no respecter of persons.you can be from mogadishu and I will still love you cz tomorrow i might seek refuge in your country.

Is this match still on by the way? I think it should be called off grin grin grin grin . It's soo tasteless like rubberband.

Now b4 I go,I present the award winning nl 'attack' to no one but 190.you carried the day.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 22, 2013
Shyte, if there were a sport called: killing lions with spears and shyte at the olympics...

I bet Kenyans and South Africans would share all the gold medals between themselves...

Gatts love the Massai warriors and the Zulus.. angry
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx:

You've got a naija husband, yet you still have hate in your heart towards naija... grin

You know your kids are gonna be naija, right?? wink

YES, you mean my twins? wink I know and I am not going anywhere. Its not hate( too strong a word) But the Nigerian mentality disgusts me for the same reason. I do not see my children thinking like this. Heeelll no! Nigeria will never be better if they do not change the way the think. Why not take all these insults and this anger and go to the streets and fix Nigeria? Why not attack NFF so much that they deliver properly instead of playing devils advocate. FIFA didnt have to intervene on this for them to act. Instead trying to big only by their mouth like the old chomp sweet advert. They do this while people are stealing them blind. Nonsense.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Ivynwa(f): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2013
pendo89:

A nigerian made contact with me from this nl.He is in Kenya working on contract and he is such a nice guy.Told me there are many of them in Kenya.
I have ghanian friends as well and they are very warm. The only hostile people are the ones on twitter and nl like 190. grin

ok I am no respecter of persons.you can be from mogadishu and I will still love you cz tomorrow i might seek refuge in your country.

Haha abeg that "refugee" part we reject am -o.
Have a great evening/I mean "night" okay Baby. Hoping to bump into you again in NL. You've been scarce these days. Kinda missed ya. Later.

pendo89:

Is this match still on by the way? I think it should be called off grin grin grin grin . It's soo tasteless like rubberband.

Now b4 I go,I present the award winning nl 'kenyan attack' to no one but 190 (who else anyway). smiley

Now don't talk about stopping that match, you sure don't know how much these same kenyan/Naija boys are looking forward to this Match. Don't spoil their fun joor.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 22, 2013
Ivynwa:

Tchidi you dey funny o-o. Wetin person dey find jump Boko Haram boys jump enter chad?
You no love yourself?

Ngwa, Niger nko? I fit hide there? grin grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2013
Ajpharm: I Cant wait for africans Vs americans tweetfight. Thats gonna be bloody.

Its not going to be African its going to be Nigerian. Everybody has in issue with Nigeria not Africa.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:
YES, you mean my twins? wink I know and I am not going anywhere but the Nigerian mentality disgusts me for the same reason. I do not see my children thinking like this. Heeelll no! Nigeria will never be better if they do not change the way the think. Why not take all these insults and this anger and go to the streets and fix Nigeria? Why not attack NFF so much that they deliver properly instead of playing devils advocate. FIFA didnt have to intervene on this for them to act. Instead trying to big only by their mouth like the old chomp sweet advert. They do this while people are stealing them blind. Nonsense.

You know the twins won't let mum disrespect their country...

Hey, there's nothing bad in good ol'banter from time to time, you lot need to get used to it like the Ghanaians... It's not hatred, it's just competition... I grew up dissing Ghanaians in school, from pry sch to uni - that's how we get down... Though most people in my family are married Ghana women - we still go at it sometimes when I'm with my inlaws.. It's fun.. wink

The Kenyans should have attacked the NFF and naija government not Nigerians - Nigerians and the "ogas at the top" are two different races of people.. grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

YES, you mean my twins? wink I know and I am not going anywhere. Its not hate( too strong a word) But the Nigerian mentality disgusts me for the same reason. I do not see my children thinking like this. Heeelll no! Nigeria will never be better if they do not change the way the think. Why not take all these insults and this anger and go to the streets and fix Nigeria? Why not attack NFF so much that they deliver properly instead of playing devils advocate. FIFA didnt have to intervene on this for them to act. Instead trying to big only by their mouth like the old chomp sweet advert. They do this while people are stealing them blind. Nonsense.

Hey Babe! How was d cooking? You done it
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by vizboy(m): 12:23am On Mar 22, 2013
I must admit these thread got me rolling all over the surface of my bed. Nite Nite guys see you by 6:00am
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Ivynwa(f): 12:25am On Mar 22, 2013
tchidi:

Ngwa, Niger nko? I fit hide there? grin grin

Tchidi my hand no dey-o-o. Anyway we fit---------e-e-e-em e-e-e-em "Hope Pendo is not still there". whispers to Tchidi "We fit win".
Now Pendo is gonna be mad at me. lol lol grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 22, 2013
Ivynwa:

Tchidi my hand no dey-o-o. Anyway we fit---------e-e-e-em e-e-e-em "Hope Pendo is not still there". whispers to Tchidi "We fit win".
Now Pendo is gonna be mad at me. lol lol grin

We berra win...our mouth too sharp.. A choghi kwa'm ira shi!! angry angry angry (hopefully, I spelt that right)
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:33am On Mar 22, 2013
CFCfan:

The fault actually lies with the Kenyan FA. The Kenyan team missed their flight to Calabar.

What "kak" of an excuse is this? Forget about hostic even African Confederations Cup, you are hopeless as host. 0/0 failed dismally.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

What "kak" of an excuse is this? Forget about hostic even African Confederations Cup, you are hopeless as host. 0/0 failed dismally.

We aren't totally hopeless grin

Nigeria successfully hosted the All Africa Games twice in 1973 and 2003. Also, the country co-hosted the AFCOn in 2000 with Ghana.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by COOLDUN: 12:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Eze Promoe: These two tweets made my day:

Fifa13
is so real,if u tap the button 4
Mikel 2 shoot in front of the
goal,he will still pass the ball

We
stopped watching Naija movies
wen someone died in a suit n
came back as a ghost wearing
jeans!

Which still makes them to what the world are calling them, till this moment they still watch films as real right? oh they have proved their critics right. No wonder the Kenyan/American citizens didn't vote for Arnold Schwarzenegger when he contested for the California state governorship election, because the feared that he will be so brutal as he used to be in his films. Kenyans sorryoooooo
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:40am On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx: Shyte, if there were a sport called: killing lions with spears and shyte at the olympics...

I bet Kenyans and South Africans would share all the gold medals between themselves...

Gatts love the Massai warriors and the Zulus.. angry

YES, OO! We are the only warriors that fought big battles with the whites that are even recorded in history fighting with spears. grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:45am On Mar 22, 2013
At least for once..nigerians are united on this one. Its one naija here. No ibo-yoruba dissing, or any kind of tribal dissing here.

But anyhow lets call a spade a spade..we nigerians are the one at fault..but we still dey insult the poor country. What does this make of us?? It only makes us agbayas! angry Imagine a lion fighting with a sheep? Kenyans sef don hear am today..naija no dey carry last!
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:45am On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx:

You know the twins won't let mum disrespect their country...

Hey, there's nothing bad in good ol'banter from time to time, you lot need to get used to it like the Ghanaians... It's not hatred, it's just competition... I grew up dissing Ghanaians in school, from pry sch to uni - that's how we get down... Though most people in my family are married Ghana women - we still go at it sometimes when I'm with my inlaws.. It's fun.. wink

The Kenyans should have attacked the NFF and naija

government not Nigerians - Nigerians and the "ogas at the
top" are two different races of people.. grin

Really, shymex? You know thats bull, NFF is representing Nigeria. Imagine if SA had made a little mistake with hosting Naija? You would have heard, Xenophobia, Aids, slaves blah, blah, blah they would have not gone for SAFA. You guys must stop double standard. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:47am On Mar 22, 2013
tchidi:

Hey Babe! How was d cooking? You done it

Tommorow girl, tommorow. Yho am so intimidated though. Hope all goes well. Cross fingers for me. Will take pics if it comes out allrigh if not I wont. Yho, Nlers would have my head with I told you so!
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by sweetcheecks(f): 12:50am On Mar 22, 2013
CFCfan:

We aren't totally hopeless grin

Nigeria successfully hosted the All Africa Games twice in 1973 and 2003. Also, the country co-hosted the AFCOn in 2000 with Ghana.

YOU MEAN a century ago? Lolest! Mhhmmm. Not good.
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

YOU MEAN a century ago? Lolest! Mhhmmm. Not good.
grin
We also hosted Kim Kardashian some weeks ago grin grin grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Tommorow girl, tommorow. Yho am so intimidated though. Hope all goes well. Cross fingers for me. Will take pics if it comes out allrigh if not I wont. Yho, Nlers would have my head with I told you so!

Ok!! *crossing fingers* but I know u can do it!! wink wink

And YHO to u too grin grin
Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 22, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Really, shymex? You know thats bull, NFF is representing Nigeria. Imagine if SA had made a little mistake with hosting Naija? You would have heard, Xenophobia, Aids, slaves blah, blah, blah they would have not gone for SAFA. You guys must stop double standard. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.

Let me educate you, no one in the Nigerian government/ministries represent Nigeria/Nigerians - they represent themselves and their selfish interests... Nigeria is more or less in a state of anarchy and it has been like that for a long time... There's a big divide between the institutions/parastatals in Nigeria and the people - and they both live on different planets... You won't understand because you're from a functioning country... grin

We Nigerians are just patriotic about the name "Nigeria" - I bet if the Kenyans had directed their vitriol towards naija government or NFF, no one would've retaliated.. grin You lot need to start separating the wheat from the chaff to avoid the wrath of naija people - we go hard in the paint, yo... wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Respond To Nigeria's Treatment Of Harambee Stars Via Twitter by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 22, 2013
shymexx:

Let me educate you, no one in the Nigerian government/ministries represent Nigeria/Nigerians - they represent themselves and their selfish interests... Nigeria is more or less in a state of anarchy and it has been like that for a long time... There's a big divide between the institutions/parastatals in Nigeria and the people - and they both live on different planet... You won't understand because you're from a functioning country... grin

We Nigerians are just patriotic about the name "Nigeria" - I bet if the Kenyans had directed their vitriol towards naija government or NFF, no one would've retaliated.. grin You lot need to start separating the wheat from the chaff to avoid the wrath of naija people - we go hard in the paint, yo... wink

You are 99% on point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Rep.of. Ireland: FIFA Women’s World Cup (0 - 0) On 31st July 2023 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 / Why We Banned Siasia For Life, By FIFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.