Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64951 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2013
Emmasonic4me:
My dear please keep ur mouth shut if u dont knw wht to say. The catholic doctrine of praying to Mary to intercede for us stemmed from the scripture when wine got exhausted during the wedding at Canan. Instead of going directly to Jesus for help, the celebrants chose to go through Mary who taking pity on them, promptly requested her son to salvage the situation. Of course her request was granted immediately...the rest was history.
Hence, THROUGH OUR MOTHER MARY, WE SUCCEED!!!

Jesus the son of Mary is not in the same capacity as Jesus Christ the Messiah.

People also begged the disciples to help them with Jesus. Why do not worship the disciples?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:34pm On Jul 15, 2013
Cheks01: Catholics honour her cos God honoured her first. Imagine, among al women she was chosen 2 be d mother of our saviour. If u cn honour ur father n mother accordin 2 one of the ten commandments, shld u nt honour d mother of ur saviour? Wen u tlk of God's plan 4 salvation, Mary ws there; t ws thro her dt Jesus became man. She look after him 4 30yrs til He began His minisry. We believ dt d mother loves her son n d son loves d mother. Anything we ask thro her ll b granted 2 us. This does nt mean dt we always pray thro her. Most of our prayers r directed to God.

Why don't you 'honour' the Father of Jesus?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
boy_tonero: If requesting my heavenly mother to pray for me is a sin, behold that you judge yourself next time you request your earthly pastor to pray for you.

Heavenly mother? shocked shocked shocked

Odikwa very serious!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Cajetan speaks: the bible was written by catholics, compiled and numbered accordingly by the catholic church yet some young dudes think that the know the bible more than the author of the bible.

The Bible was written by Catholics? Was Moses, Ezekiel, Paul, Peter, James, Luke Catholics?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

CORRECTION!

THE BIBLE CONTAINS THE WORDS OF GOD AND NOT OF MAN. THE SCRIPTURES CONTAINED IN THE BIBLE WERE DIVINELY INSPIRED. THE WORD OF GOD IS CHRIST HIMSELF SO THIS IS THE RIGHT ORDER

CHRIST (THE WORD OF GOD), THE CHURCH

You Don't seem to get what St. Ola is saying,like any good Catholic he is following the chronology of our Salvation.
John 1:1-5, In the beginning was the Word... and the Word became flesh; Jesus Christ.

Christ died on the Cross and resurrected and overcame death, before his ascension into heaven, he instituted the Church upon Peter and gave him the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, with the power to bind and loose anything, including the canon of written scripture, The Bible. Mathew 6:17-19.

So St. Ola was right after all; Jesus(the Word made flesh). The Church he founded . The Bible compiled by his Church.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2013
obayaya:

if the church is the body of Christ and Mary is the mother of Christ, then it's correct to say Mary is the mother of the church

Mary is NOT the mother of Christ, she is the mother of earthly Jesus.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 2:45pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Honour is too small for God, so Catholics WORSHIP him!

Psalms 8:1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
Akson man: And to all u ignorant mugus that claim Mary had other children. In the bible at the cross just before he died,why did Jesus hand Mary over to John-"Woman,behold thy son, son behold thy mother" ?
Let's even go back to biblical accounts of when Jesus was 12yrs old and his parents went looking for him in the temple...did the bible make any mention of Mary carrying any other baby or toodler with her? Surely,if Jesus had direct brothers or sisters they would have been born by the time Jesus was 12yrs old?

Matthew 13: 55 - 56

Mark 6: 3

Read these verses and let's talk
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
xynerise:
Where in the bible did Mary die?

Do you mean Mary lived forever? Is Mary still alive till today?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 3:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

sorry to say this,u sound like an illitrate.my advice to every one is dis,dont judge so dat u wont be judged.all of u are here opening ur wild mouth argueing on what u dnt knw.but my quection to u all is which of u keep d commandment of GOD.u all should go seek for forgiveness for GOD has HIS own yardstick for pass judgement to us all.for dis is nt what we shld be doing when d time is already near.thank u all
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xynerise: 3:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

That wasnt the reason I asked that question. He asked a question that is not in the bible so I had to reply him with this question. You can help him answer it
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Jesus the son of Mary is not in the same capacity as Jesus Christ the Messiah.

People also begged the disciples to help them with Jesus. Why do not worship the disciples?

We also honour the disciples and all the saints and people of God...not just Mary.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Yes.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 3:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Mary is NOT the mother of Christ, she is the mother of earthly Jesus.

So Jesus is not Christ? shocked
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

The Bible was written by Catholics? Was Moses, Ezekiel, Paul, Peter, James, Luke Catholics?

Peter, James, Luke, Paul...

All Catholics.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Heavenly mother? shocked shocked shocked

Odikwa very serious!

A mother in heaven is a heavenly mother, not so?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
keeperr: It is an Honour for Mary to be that vessel in wish Jesus came into the world. She is the Mother of Jesus, the spouse of the Holy Ghost and the Daughter of God the Father. She is connected to the Holy trinity. Luke 1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, you that are highly favored, the Lord is with you: blessed are you among women. Luke 1:42 and she(Elisabeth)exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. Mary is Honoured by God the father, so i honour her too.

It seems we are serving different Gods or reading the same Bible
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by chinedum45(m): 3:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
U are Peter and on this rock I will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it......over the years the Church has suffered both in the physical yet she grows stronger.

[b][/b]I WANT YOU TO NOTE THAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT ADVERTISE OR BEG PPLE TO JOIN YET, WHEN ONE FINDS ONESELF IN A NEW PLACE ONE ASKS PLS IS THERE ANY CATHOLIC CHURCH AROUND. RATHER THAN THE OTHEE CHURCHES THAT COME BEGGING....NL is too small to fight the Church.

Proudly Catholic

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2013
mavinc4u:

were you one of the children? don't say what will bring your downfall rather ignore what you don't know

Go and read your bible and stop being childish with silly threat!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
jamp:

She is the mother of God and elizebeth confessed that when filled with the Holy Spirit she said who am I that the mother of my Lord will visit me. Luke chapter 2

Are you comparing the expression 'mother of my Lord' to 'mother of God'? How can Mary be the mother of God? Mary was the mother of Jesus the man and not Jesus the second person in the trinity
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2013
Ndjones: One thing I hate in my life is hypocrisy. Some people are saying why do the Catholics ask Mary to pray for them? But when they are sick they run to TBJ, Pst Chris to pray for them too. Who is fooling who?

Catholics asking dead Mary to pray for them is different from a Winner Chapel member meeting his pastor to pray for him. The similar thing in RCC would have been a Catholic asking a living Rev. Fr he can see physically to pray for him.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you comparing the expression 'mother of my Lord' to 'mother of God'? How can Mary be the mother of God? Mary was the mother of Jesus the man and not Jesus the second person in the trinity

2 Sam 6:9 "And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?"

This Scripture parallels

Luke 1:44 "And how is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" Note that Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit before she spoke these words out.

Remember that Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant, Jesus Christ, she bore him for 9 consecutive month in her womb, keeping him free from original sin, because she was FULL OF GRACE.

So if Jesus is “The Word Made Flesh”, then Mary is “The Ark Made Flesh”.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kaycee7: The Blessed Virgin has GOD'S ear. Can't she ask GOD to deliver us from evil?

She's carrying God's ears?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by YMCgyna(m): 4:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyna is vry confused.....hw do u even believe in trinity
witout knowing dat jesus christ is d only son of God dat was made man.born of virgin mary , suffered under pontius pilate , dead and was buried :he rose again from d dead and ascended in heaven

JESUS CHRIST IS ONE NT TWO....WAKE UP DEAR
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 4:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kaycee7: Don't you know the devil can prevent you from opening the Scriptures? That is why the Blessed Virgin is able to help us. She obtains Grace from GOD so that you can even open the Scriptures and She implores the Holy Spirit to help you understand it. For without the Holy Spirit, you'll wallow about in confusion.

Bia, what is the work of Jesus Christ?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 4:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

its nt a must u comment,when u dnt knw wht to say dan condenmin urself with ur words.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by MrSLO(m): 4:42pm On Jul 15, 2013
gree-die:

lol... pagan madness? and you know this because?.. der u go, interpreting the bible according to your level of ignorance...

The Gospel of St. John relates two significant accounts which relate to Mary — the wedding feast of Cana and the Crucifixion. Of the first account we read:
“There was a marriage in Cana of Galilee, and the Mother of Jesus was there. And Jesus also was invited, and His disciples, to the marriage. And the wine failing, the Mother of Jesus said to Him, ‘They have no wine.’ And Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what is it to Me and to thee? My hour is not yet come.’ His Mother said to the waiters, ‘Whatsoever He shall say to you, do ye’” (John 2:1-5).
Jesus Christ then proceeded to work His first public miracle at His Mother’s request. Everything related in the Gospels is inspired by God, and there is a reason for it. Does not this narrative of the wedding feast manifest the intercessory power of Mary with Jesus Christ, her Divine Son?
In the second account, also take from the Gospel of St. John, we read:
“There stood by the Cross of Jesus His Mother... When Jesus therefore had seen His Mother and the disciple standing whom He loved, He saith to His Mother: ‘Woman, behold thy son...’” (John 19:25-27).
Just as Eve cooperated with Adam in the Fall of mankind, the Blessed Virgin Mary cooperated with Jesus Christ in our redemption. She “stood by the Cross of Jesus.” What anguish, what sorrow did the Mother of Jesus experience at the foot of the Cross as she witnessed the sufferings and death of her Divine Son!
In both accounts, Jesus addressed Mary by the term woman. In Hebrew the word used by Jesus was a term which would be addressed to a queen or a woman of high rank. It was a term of great respect.
But why did Jesus Christ address His Mother by the term woman at these two significant moments in His life — at His first public miracle, and at His Crucifixion on the Cross?
Our Divine Lord wanted to clearly indicate that His Mother was the Woman spoken of in the Book of Genesis:
“I will put enmities between thee (Satan) and the Woman, between thy seed and her seed, and she shall crush thy head.”

catholics do not, as Protestants falsely believe, worship the Blessed Virgin Mary. We honor her who was so intimately connected with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Yes, there is only one Mediator with the Father — Jesus Christ. Only the God-Man Jesus Christ could have redeemed mankind. Nevertheless, we pray to Mary that she may intercede for us with her Divine Son. How often we request the assistance of prayers from our fellow men — how much more powerful are the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary! In the Old Testament, we read how Moses prayed with arms outstretched and interceded with God to procure the victory of the Israelites over their enemies in a crucial battle. As long as he prayed, they were victorious. When he ceased his prayers, the Israelites began to lose. Because of this, it was necessary for two men to hold up Moses’ arms in prayer until the battle was won. Also, we read in the Old Testament how Josue prayed to God to have the day prolonged in order to win another crucial battle. If Moses and Josue could have such intercession before God, how much more powerful are the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary!
dont mind all this people who cant face there lives and make it better but to poke nose in catholic faith and doctrines. Y cant u pray 2 God direct, y run 2 T.b joshoua and co 2 help u interceed 2 God in matters of ur family and other things. Stop judging people and live a life of hypocrytes.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Emperoradrian(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2013
No one is worshipping Mary,cos only God is meant to be worshipped...bt we only honour d Blessed Virgin Mary,for having found favour in d sight of God Almighty,to become d mother of Jesus...secondly,frm biblical illustration,it is seen dat d easiest way to obtain graces frm Jesus is frm His mother Mary,..at d wedding of cana,d groom ran out of wine,and d servants came to Mary,and She helped dem get to Jesus Her son,JESUS gave her a reply.."woman,my tym has nt yet cum..."..bt yet,since d request is frm His mum,HE CNT turn it down.....judging by d reply Jesus gave Him mum,if d groom had approached Jesus himself,,JESUS myt nt hav performed dat miracle,cos His tym has nt yet cum.....so i challenge u dear reader..to beg Jesus for any wish thru His Mother,d Blessed Virgin Mary(by reciting d Holy Rosary,and also making a novena to Our Lady of Pepertual Help),and see if He wont open d Windows of heaven,and pour out blessings to You,until ur cup overflows...im a witness to such.......GLORY TO JESUS,..HONOUR TO MARY OUR MOTHER...
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
Kaycee7: We give her due honor. We don't overdo it. Also you said "through Mary" which is our point exactly. So long as you're in Jesus, it doesn't matter where you came through.

Really?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by StOla: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2013
bukatyne:

When we say the Bible was written, we expect learned minds to understand it to mean the compilation of Christian text and its authorization as scripture, and its addition to already existing Hebrew/Jewish scripture (old testament and apocrypha), resulting in a book called bible under the explicit authority of the church as headed by the Roman see.

Moses and Ezekiel were old testament prophets and whatever scriptural text they authored had been validated by a Jewish council, and such body of work is what the Jews regard as their own holy book.

The Bible as an addition to Jewish scripture is the validation as scripture of the literature of church fathers like Peter, Paul, John, Mark and Luke by the church under the direction of the Roman see. This same church determined what is a bible, what its contents will be.

The church was already termed Catholic(universal) before there was even a bible and evangelisation went on without it too.

So, Yes the authors of the New Testament were catholic(as no alternative Christian sect existed), and the bible as a compiled book was produced under the authority of the church that is shepherd from Rome.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

You Don't seem to get what St. Ola is saying,like any good Catholic he is following the chronology of our Salvation.
John 1:1-5, In the beginning was the Word... and the Word became flesh; Jesus Christ.

Christ died on the Cross and resurrected and overcame death, before his ascension into heaven, he instituted the Church upon Peter and gave him the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, with the power to bind and loose anything, including the canon of written scripture, The Bible. Mathew 6:17-19.

So St. Ola was right after all; Jesus(the Word made flesh). The Church he founded . The Bible compiled by his Church.

I SUPPOSE THAT IN LUKE 4 16 - 21 WHEN JESUS READ FROM THE BOOK OF ESAIAS (ISAIAH) YOUR SO CALLED PETER HAD BEEN CANONIZED. CONFUSION CONFUSION CONFUSION IS ALL YOU SEEM TO REPRESENT
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by StOla: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I SUPPOSE THAT IN LUKE 4 16 - 21 WHEN JESUS READ FROM THE BOOK OF ESAIAS (ISAIAH) YOUR SO CALLED PETER HAD BEEN CANONIZED. CONFUSION CONFUSION CONFUSION IS ALL YOU SEEM TO REPRESENT

The book of isaiah would have existed whether or not there was a future Christ and his disciples. It is an account of Isaiah, a prophet sent to God's people the Hebrew, and as such would have had no relevance to you and I as Africans worshiping our own gods.

I believe we all know the old testament is the Jewish holy book, and there's nothing old about it as far as they are concerned. Rather they regard you and I as blind followers of an impostor Messiah.

The bible only includes this already existing Jewish scripture book (old testament) to lay the foundation for why Christ had to come and die for the sins of the world.

The bible on the other hand is a book that records the gospel of Christ and the teachings of his church, with the old testament as an appendage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (62) (Reply)

Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.