Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64950 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 16, 2013
Kaycee7: Do you read my posts at all? Mary didn't receive the Holy Spirit with the Apostles. They didn't need to pray to Her. She was with them. But I have no doubt, they asked Her to pray for them and She prayed for them. When Peter was imprisoned, She was obviously among those that prayed for his safety.

So mary didn't receive the Holy spirit with the apostles?.. See what bulletins has caused to you?..smh.. I know you will lie but lemme still show it for those that aint gullible.. Read and come up with another lie

Who received at the initial outpouring of holy spirit on the
day of Pentecost? There are several schools of thought
regarding this question. While I am not sure what the
Roman Catholic Church teaches about this, the Catholic
pictures that I have seen depicting this event show Mary the
mother of Jesus receiving holy spirit along with the twelve
apostles. Pentecostals for the most part teach that "about an
hundred and twenty" people mentioned in Acts 1: 15 all
received and others teach that at the initial outpouring of
holy spirit only the twelve apostles were present and
received.
Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them,
commanded them that they should not depart from
Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, "which",
saith He, "ye have heard of Me."
After the ascension of Jesus Christ, the apostles returned to
Jerusalem in accordance with his instructions.
Acts 1: 12,13 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the
mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath
day's journey.
And when they were come in, they went up into an upper
room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and
Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew,
James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas
the brother of James.
While their living quarters were in the upper room, the
apostles apparently spent much of their time in the Temple.
Luke 24:52,53 And they worshipped Him, and returned to
Jerusalem with great joy: And were continually in the
temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.
Only eleven of the apostles returned to Jerusalem since
Judas, at some unspecified, time previous to this, went out
and killed himself. Once in Jerusalem, the eleven were
continually in the Temple (hieron , the Temple courts). The
Word of God is not more specific about when or how often
they were there. Were the apostles alone in their vigil? Acts
1: 14 makes it quite clear that they were not. "These all
continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with
the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his
brethren" (Acts 1:14).

http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~cmadd01/who_rec.html
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 8:46am On Jul 16, 2013
heisenberg33:

I really wish i had the kind of enviable patience you and my catholic brothers/sisters in nairaland exude when you try to convince these protestant charlatans. The problem is i have a low threshold for temper when i argue with fools. One thing you should know is that these protestant gas bags are not ready to accept anything from you, no matter how you try to convince them. The charlatan who started this thread only meant it to be for ridicule and not for the purpose of being convinced. They would not honour the mother of God, but you see them honoring their spurious "GENERAL OVER SEERS AND DADDYS".....They quote a bible they have no idea how it was compiled, just like a fool trying to use a proverb....Please my catholic brothers and sisters do not waste your time with these people except you are done with every other useful thing you have to do in a day, and you want to catch some fun.

I love your honesty. We owe them a service, to correct their erroneous protests;

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Romans 15:4 For whatever was written was given to us for our learning, that through patience and comfort of the scriptures we might have hope.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by cutegoddy(m): 8:48am On Jul 16, 2013
I don't see a need for a topic like this, no one has the right to condemn anyone's religion or belief, its not ur business who any1 worships or pray to. There r so many churches yet we still see how we christians all in d name of religion dupe their fellow brothers. I think what we should be concern about is living an exemplary live for others to see d lite of christ in us,instead of condemning other people's belief.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 16, 2013
Kaycee7: Answer my question about the Man-Jesus and God-Jesus theory first before I reply you again.

Someone has already answered you but lemme re-quote for ya... Enjot wink

linearity:

Now you are getting it.....and are asking the right questions...

The Jesus Christ that was in the worm of Mary was not God. He was fully flesh and blood just like myself and yourself. He was sent in that form to experience what we all feels and be in a better position to intercede on our behalf, having experience our infirmities as mere mortals.

The Jesus that walked on the face of the earth was not also God, He was man....the Bible said.."He became flesh and dwell among us...". The Jesus that walked on the face of the earth needed God the father's protection just like everyone of us.

That Jesus felt pain like man, he felt abandoned by God while on the cross ("Lord lord why have thy forsaken me"wink just like men feel at times in their difficult moments; he had need for clothing, shelter, protection and food just like men, he was tempted just like men, he was flogged and humiliated just like men...He avoided trouble by escaping those who want to stone him to death just like men...So he was fully man just like us.

Yes, he performed miracles...but those miracles do not mean that he was God...because he himself said..whatever I do ye shall do also...and greater miracles than these shall you do, because I go to my father.

Jesus the Man become Jesus the God again when he died on the Cross and rose from the death. The risen Christ is the God that created heaven and Earth, He is the "I am that I am"....He is the Beginning and the End.

Mary is not the Mother of the risen Christ that is God...she is the mother of the Man Christ that feels every infirmities of men like us...she is the Mother of the Christ Man that needs food, shelter, clothing, protection, pains, etc...God does not need food, shelter, clothing, protection or feel pains and James 1:13..says God cannot be tempted by evil.....but Jesus the Man, the Son of Mary was tempted just like any of us.....do you get the drift?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2013
Kaycee7: The Holy Spirit is Mary's spouse. The Holy Spirit is GOD so Mary is GOD'S Wife. GOD THE FATHER Is Mary's Father so Mary is also GOD'S Daughter. GOD THE SON is Mary's Son so Mary is also the Mother of GOD. To understand everything, you'll need to understand the mystery of the Holy Trinity and no man can comprehend that mystery.

Lmao!!!... Mehn!!, ideologies boku for this our christendom.. Hahahaha, see analysis
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 16, 2013
cutegoddy: I don't see a need for a topic like this, no one has the right to condemn anyone's religion or belief, its not ur business who any1 worships or pray to. There r so many churches yet we still see how we christians all in d name of religion dupe their fellow brothers. I think what we should be concern about is living an exemplary live for others to see d lite of christ in us,instead of condemning other people's belief.

[b]Nobody is condemning anybody. What we are doing is reproofing, correcting and instructing unto righteousness according to 2nd Timothy 3:16. If you do not clearly find something in the scriptures and you see it being practiced in your local church will you not question it or will you just go with the flow?

My counsel to my catholic brethren is that you get the holy spirit and then with the help of the holy spirit, study the word of God and ask for revelation from the word and allow the Holy spirit to teach you all truth because that is why Christ has given us the Holy spirit.

John 16:13-16
King James Version (KJV)
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me (NOT THE CHURCH, NOT MARY, NOT THE POPE, NOT SAINTS): for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Revelation 18:1-24 (THIS IS A DECLARATION ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH) BABYLON REFERS TO ROME
King James Version (KJV)
18 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:

12 The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble,

13 And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men.

14 And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,

16 And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

17 For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

18 And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!

19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

22 And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;

23 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 16, 2013
Mac Oscar: I will simply ask you, why on earth do you even respect, honour and regard your own biological mother? Are we not mandated to honour our father n mother-4th Commandment? Lord Jesus Christ performed his first miracle on earth at the only request of his mother, she knew the powers of her son and Jesus respected his mother and granted her request.

Why this same ol' line.. Jesus in not more than one time, stated explicitly that he's the ONLY WAY. He knew a day will come when people will be deceived. He never said come through mary or pray through the dead. He even told us never to carve any image(anything at all) and honour or worship it.

What I don't get is why people chose to disobey jesus and yet claim to follow his steps. I can't seem to wrap my head around it

As the part I quoted, someone already explained it, enjoy!!...

linearity:

[b]I follow your point...it is understandable for the servants to approach Mary and Mary to Jesus because at that time, Jesus have not performed any Miracle...the world had not known he is the Messiah, but Mary knew that there is something different with Jesus and that He might be able to help.

..but if you look at subsequent Jesus' ministry throughout the Bible; there is no mention in any place where people needing help or miracle approached Mary, they went straight to Jesus because they have been introduced to the Jesus, they now know him as the Messiah that was prophesied about.

It is the same thing with John the Baptist; people came to him before Jesus...once he baptist Jesus and it was revealed to him the Jesus was the one...he pointed everyone to Jesus...some of his disciples left him to become Jesus' disciple. He ministry was done, he like Mary faded into the past and just like Mary, he was only mentioned a couple of times later but they never interceded on behalf of anyone...they like us are sinners who needs the grace of God and the sacrifice that Jesus will perform on the cross.[/b]

To refer to Mary as the Mother of God, shows a deep lack of understanding of who Christ was and is...or the concept of trinity.....Jesus Christ was there when God said..."Let US create man in OUR image"...Mary's great great forefathers was not born yet...and to say she somehow become the mother of God is not biblical.

Yes, Mary is the mother of the Man, Jesus Christ...but she is not the Mother of the God, Jesus Christ. God Jesus Christ created the heaven and the earth and everything therein, He was there in the Beginning and He has no beginning and you cannot ascribe His beginning to Mary and if we cannot trace the beginning of the God, Jesus Christ to Mary, then Mary is cannot His Mother....because God does not have a Mother or a Father...Jesus is the 'I AM THAT I AM, the Beginning and the End'..so stop with the nonsense!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 9:13am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

I hate it when people argue this way, it shows they have nothing but lies are their backup.. Bringing up another topics cos they have no truth to refute the allegations laid against their feet

When did I say reading the bible makes anyone a good christain?. If you can't show me when I said that then kindly stop going off tangent just cos you've been exposed.

So if one shows you what the bible teaches, it's now criticism?.. Meaning all the preachings by christains(the catholics included) are criticisms?.. What a notion!!

You keep baffling with your assertions.. It's mind boggling

my brother stop rantin and go read Gen 3:5 and rev 12 and tell me which woman those book speaks of. And pls take note of rev12:17.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 16, 2013
nwabuife: How old are you? you ask a question a ten year old child will ask! In ibo language there s notthing like cousin, u refer to ur cousins as''nwanne'' as in brother so d jewish and most languages

This lie is from the pit of lie.. A cousin is a cousin and a brother is a brother!!

Bible specifically called cousins, cousins and called brothers, brothers!!.. Stop this lies!!

And in igbo, cousin is called "nwanne mma mu or nwanne mpam or umune mma mu or umune mpa mu"

Stop lying, we aint kids
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 16, 2013
nnatom:

my brother stop rantin and go read Gen 3:5 and rev 12 and tell me which woman those book speaks of. And pls take note of rev12:17.
'

SEE WHY I SAY YOU NEED TO FIRST GET THE HOLY SPIRIT BEFORE YOU STUDY THE WORD OF GOD? YOUR CONFUSION IS TAKING THE LITERAL WORD "WOMAN" THERE. THE WOMAN REFERRED TO IN REVELATIONS 12 REPRESENTS ISRAEL AND NOT MARY. ISRAEL GODS CHOSEN BRIDE AND HER OFFSPRING WHO IS CHRIST THE MESSIAH, (Rev 12:5; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; 66:7.8; Micah 5:2; Romans. 9:4,5)

The woman is not the church neither is it Mary, since the church or Mary did not bring forth Christ, But rather He brought forth the church and created Mary.

The sun reflects redeemed Israel's unique glory, brilliance and dignity because of her exulted status and shows her as God's chosen nation.

The moon under her feet alludes to God's promise of dominion, and the crown of twelve stars pictures royalty and relates to the 12 tribes of Israel. Go to Genesis 37 verses 9 - 11 and read about the dream Joseph had about the sun, moon and 11 stars which were bowing down to Joseph. (who was the 12th)
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 16, 2013
nnatom:

Gen 3:5 says "5 For God does know that in the day you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

What the crap are you speaking about?

Rev 12:17 says "Revelation 12:17 King James Version (KJV)
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went
to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the
commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus
Christ."

Lemme quote some that explained that part for you which you smartly dodged

linearity:

You have defended this doctrine, the way we were taught to defend it. I grew up in a catholic home, was a serious catholic, mass-server, even attempted seminary school...then became charismatic and left the church eventually.

Yes, there are some Catholic prayers that are plead for Mary to intercede, the purpose of which I do not know, when the Lord have clearly said...come on to me all ye that are labored and are heavy burden, I will give you rest; also he said, he was sent to the sinners and even said, 'do not prevent these little ones from coming to me...."...also.."Whoever call upon me...I will answer him"...."I am at the door knocking, whoever open the door, I will enter..."

It not very clear why you will need a go-between the sinner and Christ, I thought that was why Christ came in the first place, to break the barriers and remove the need for a go-between that prevents us from going directly to God?

[b]Secondly, there are lots of Catholic prayers that are prayed to Mary directly. These are not interceptions through her to Jesus like the ones I mentioned in the above paragraph and you know these prayers.

Also, “I will put enmities between thee (Satan) and the Woman, between thy seed and her seed, and she shall crush thy head.”...That was a reference to the Church....note where it stated and "...she shall crush they head"...Jesus..fulfilled that when he said you are Peter (Rock) and upon this Rock I will build my Church and the gate of hell shall not prevailed against it. The seed of the Church are Christians...you might say..but that verse used the word 'seed' in singular verse and it might not be referring to Christians...Then I ask you...what is the 'seed' of Satan that God was referring to in singular there? Your answer might be the demons, fallen angles, etc....there you go with the plural! God was essentially say...Satan, there shall be an enmity between thy seed, the demon and woman (Church)'s seed the christian.[/b]

Further, Jesus have also used the word 'woman' to refer to other ladies in the Bible...a case that come to mind is that lady accursed of adultery...Jesus turn to her and said..."Woman, where are thy accusers". Going by your analysis, this woman must be some queen to be honored because Jesus addressed her as a 'woman'

Just like there was need during the wedding and Mary approached Jesus for help and Jesus interceded...the Bible is littered with other cases, where there were needs and someone approached Jesus to interceded..eg Mary & Martha approach Jesus to intercede in the death of their brother Lazarus, the centurion approached Jesus to intercede on behalf of one of his sick servants, etc...

Again, there were many people by Jesus' side when He passed on the Cross, it was not only his mother. I do not see why a special privilege should be bequeathed to his mother for that act and the others that were there with him to the end wouldn't benefit from that privilege.

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the light; whoever cometh to the father through me shall have everlasting life.

Finally, didn't the Bible said in the last day, "those who have died in Christ shall rise first and go and meet the Lord in the air".....Those who died is Christ and who will rise to meet the Lord includes Mary, she will be rewarded for her faithfulness along with many other Christians, she is not somewhere interceding on behalf whoever called on her name.

The bolded answers your questions.. Lemme not argue with you further cos no matter what people say to show you the truth from BIBLE not some fabrications from God knows here, you'll agree.. Enjoy
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

Why this same ol' line.. Jesus in not more than one time, stated explicitly that he's the ONLY WAY. He knew a day will come when people will be deceived. He never said come through mary or pray through the dead. He even told us never to carve any image(anything at all) and honour or worship it.

What I don't get is why people chose to disobey jesus and yet claim to follow his steps. I can't seem to wrap my head around it

my brother are as confused as d sound of ur name. Go and ask angel Gabriel why her honoured by sayin,'hail mary,full of grace.my brother e no easy make u grace wey plenty yanfu yanfu na, abi na beans.abeg hail her no be beans. And go read rev 12.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia: '

SEE WHY I SAY YOU NEED TO FIRST GET THE HOLY SPIRIT BEFORE YOU STUDY THE WORD OF GOD? YOUR CONFUSION IS TAKING THE LITERAL WORD "WOMAN" THERE. THE WOMAN REFERRED TO IN REVELATIONS 12 REPRESENTS ISRAEL AND NOT MARY. ISRAEL GODS CHOSEN BRIDE AND HER OFFSPRING WHO IS CHRIST THE MESSIAH, (Rev 12:5; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; 66:7.8; Micah 5:2; Romans. 9:4,5)

The woman is not the church neither is it Mary, since the church or Mary did not bring forth Christ, But rather He brought forth the church and created Mary.

The sun reflects redeemed Israel's unique glory, brilliance and dignity because of her exulted status and shows her as God's chosen nation.

The moon under her feet alludes to God's promise of dominion, and the crown of twelve stars pictures royalty and relates to the 12 tribes of Israel. Go to Genesis 37 verses 9 - 11 and read about the dream Joseph had about the sun, moon and 11 stars which were bowing down to Joseph. (who was the 12th)

God bless you naijadeyhere.. You really opened my eyes to many hidden ideologies about the catholics I never knew.. You've been of great of great help to me

I showed my catholic friend this thread, he read it all night and was like "WOW".. He's speechless.. I hope he has a change of heart

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2013
I'm done on this topic.. him that has ear, let him hear..

Lemme watch from the sidelines and pray people get their eyes opened to the truth about God and his ways
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko: I'm done on this topic.. him that has ear, let him hear..

Lemme watch from the sidelines and pray people get their eyes opened to the truth about God and his ways

I pray the light of the truth shines on him as well in Jesus name!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Nobody is condemning anybody. What we are doing is reproofing, correcting and instructing unto righteousness according to 2nd Timothy 3:16. If you do not clearly find something in the scriptures and you see it being practiced in your local church will you not question it or will you just go with the flow?

Thanks a lot for this reply.. The condemning rebuttal from them is just to dodge the truth..

We correct or reproof them and they call it condemnation.. Smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I pray the light of the truth shines on him as well in Jesus name!

Amen my sister/brother

Once again, thank you
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Syncan(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2013
honeric01:
Hope u can comprehend?

How will I? when you don't believe the Jesus you profess. He said it's to "Fulfill all righteousness". You said no, it's because He is human.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

The remarkable thing, however, about Peter’s alleged bishopric in Rome, is that the New Testament has not one word to say about it. The word Rome occurs only nine times in the Bible, and never is Peter mentioned in connection with it. There is no allusion to Rome in either of his epistles. Paul’s journey to that city is recorded in great detail (Acts 27 and 28). There is in fact no New Testament evidence, nor any historical proof of any kind, that Peter ever was in Rome. All rests on legend. The first twelve chapters of the book of Acts tell of Peter’s ministry and travels in Palestine and Syria. Surely if he had gone to the capital of the empire, that would have been mentioned. We may well ask, if Peter was superior to Paul, why does he receive so little attention after Paul comes on the scene?

gringringrin.. I love this lady/guy.. So deep rooted in the word of God.. You too much cheesy
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 9:44am On Jul 16, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]Let us consider just for a moment this matter of papal lineage. Did you know that, after the papacy was introduced, there was a period of seventy years in which there was no pope at all? Did you know that for another period of fifty years there were two lines of popes? And did you know that at one time there were three popes? They were Benedict XIII, Gregory XII, the French pope, and John XXIII, the Italian pope. Where does all this leave papal lineage and infallibility?

The Pope: Ruler Of The World

When the pope is declared to be the pope, on his head is placed a three-tiered tiara, or triple crown, which means, according to Romanism, that he is the father of kings and princes, ruler of the world and vicar of Jesus Christ. The Prompta Bibliotheca, an official Roman Catholic almanac published by the press of Propaganda Fide in Rome, in its article under the heading of "Papa" states: "The Pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but, as it were, God, and the Vicar of Christ. The Pope is of such lofty dignity that, properly speak-ing, he has not been established in any rank of dignity, but rather has been placed upon the very summit of all ranks of dignities. He is likewise the Divine Monarch and Supreme Emperor, the King of Kings. The Pope is of so great authority that he can modify, explain or interpret even divine law." Pope Gregory said, "The Pope is the representative of God on earth; he should then govern the world. To him alone pertain infallibility and universality; all men are submitted to his laws, and he can only be judged by God; he ought to wear imperial ornaments; people and kings should kiss his feet; Christians are irrevocably submitted to his orders; they should murder their princes, fathers and children, if he command it; no council can be declared universal without the orders of the Pope; no book can be received as canonical without his authority; finally, no good or evil exists but in what he has condemned or approved." Now, my friends, I ask: "Is there, or has there ever been, in all professed Christendom, a parallel to the foregoing in arrogancy and presumption?"[/b]

If the Pope calls himself the ruler of the world, then there is serious problem because that is the title/position of satan
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

Kindly provide a bible passage where Jesus asked anyone not to carve any image or shut ur mouth.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

If the Pope calls himself the ruler of the world, then there is serious problem because that is the title/position of satan

Stop spreading fallacies !! The pope has never proclaimed himself ruler of the world.He is the successor to the throne of st Peter and leader of the church on earth.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 16, 2013
[/quote]The remarkable thing, however, about Peter’s alleged bishopric in Rome, is that the New Testament has not one word to say about it. The word Rome occurs only nine times in the Bible, and never is Peter mentioned in connection with it. There is no allusion to Rome in either of his epistles. Paul’s journey to that city is recorded in great detail (Acts 27 and 28). There is in fact no New Testament evidence, nor any historical proof of any kind, that Peter ever was in Rome. All rests on legend. The first twelve chapters of the book of Acts tell of Peter’s ministry and travels in Palestine and Syria. Surely if he had gone to the capital of the empire, that would have been mentioned. We may well ask, if Peter was superior to Paul, why does he receive so little attention after Paul comes on the scene? [quote]

The doctrine of sola bible is not even a biblical concept as even the biblical authours quoted and reffered to books outside the bible.To suggest that once a thing is not in the bible is then false is most illogical to say the least.

The bible was created by the catholic church of the fourth century from a collections of hundreds of scriptural writings that was then extant.The apostles themselves never used the bible.The entire gospels were anonymous!! The names of their authours and apostolic origin was only attested through sacred apostolic tradition of the same catholic church you so despise!!

So we should equally assume Peter and Paul are still alive because their deaths were not mentioned in the bible!! How do you protestants even reason? So because Paul was more educated and consequently wrote more books than the apostles suddenly takes him above Peter?

Was Paul even an apostle in the true sense of the word considering he was not among the twelve.He was the greatest evangelist of the first century.

Alongside him,Peter and James the just(scarcely mentioned in the bible) were the most influential xtian leaders of the first century church.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:21am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

Honour is too small for God, so Catholics WORSHIP him!

Psalms 8:1 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.

You mean Mary is the mother of Jesus while God is the father of Jesus?

Mary and God on the same pedestal?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by italo: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

It is the Bible that calls Mary the mother of Jesus and God his Father.

You obviously dont believe the Bible.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

Jesus of course is the only way to the father.In Mary's intercession she does not bypass Jesus enroute the father.She also goes through Jesus to the father.

I wonder what is the issue here.Abi don't your pastors equally pray for you to Jesus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2013
nnatom:

sorry to say this,u sound like an illitrate.my advice to every one is dis,dont judge so dat u wont be judged.all of u are here opening ur wild mouth argueing on what u dnt knw.but my quection to u all is which of u keep d commandment of GOD.u all should go seek for forgiveness for GOD has HIS own yardstick for pass judgement to us all.for dis is nt what we shld be doing when d time is already near.thank u all

I asked a simple question and this is your reply?

P.S. Work on your use of English language then we can talk of illiteracy
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2013
bukatyne:

You may need English lessons if you cannot comprehend a simple grammatical expression! No offence intended.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:37am On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

It is the Bible that calls Mary the mother of Jesus and God his Father.

You obviously dont believe the Bible.

Can you quote the verse that calls Mary the mother of Jesus and God the Father of Jesus at the same time?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

Yes.

Where does she live?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:39am On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

So Jesus is not Christ? shocked

We have Jesus the Man and Jesus the God. Mary was the mother of Jesus the Man and Joseph was his father. God was the Father of Jesus the God
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by bukatyne(f): 10:40am On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

A mother in heaven is a heavenly mother, not so?

No else Sarah, Esther, Deborah etc. will also be our heavenly mother.

Or is Mary the only female in 'Heaven'?

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (62) (Reply)

Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.