Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64955 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexleo:

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER. What i ve seen in the bible is Jesus saying- whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that i will do. He never mentioned Mary's name and we cant add what Jesus did not add in that command. Our Lords prayer never suggested Mary's name either.

1 Timothy 2:1- “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men.”

So asking for intercessory prayer is a very biblical thing to do, especially from a holy person like Mary (James 5:16).

So how can Mary hear thousands of prayers said to her daily from all over the world? Isn’t she just a human being and not God? Catholics believe we share in God’s divinity when we are in heaven. Why? Because of the words of Peter, in

2 Pet.1:3: "His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence 4: by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, that through these you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of passion, and become partakers of the divine nature."

We know that they witness for us, because of the words of St. Paul, in Hebrews 12:1: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses…” Witnesses testify to a judge on behalf of the accused, and Paul here is saying that the saints in heaven are our witnesses.

Asking these witnesses, especially Mary, to help us with our problems is a very good thing to do.

Some people make the mistake of thinking that praying to a saint equals worshiping that saint like he/she is a god, but “to pray” simply means “to ask”, not “to worship”.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by waldigit: 11:28pm On Jul 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Sorri your bible is incomplete.Go and get the 7 books you idiots removed from the bible to avoid the curse of Rev from falling on you

from their fruit we shall know them. What fruit of the spirit is using insultive words like ' idiot' is beloved. Shalom
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by youngguchi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2013
if u believe Jesus christ is God and marry gave birth to this God don't u think Marry has the upper right to be worship as God. Because no Marry no Jesus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:10am On Jul 16, 2013
youngguchi: if u believe Jesus christ is God and marry gave birth to this God don't u think Marry has the upper right to be worship as God. Because no Marry no Jesus
faulty logic
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by youngguchi(m): 12:26am On Jul 16, 2013
Luke 11:27-28 Worship,
honour, glory and praise
are due to
God alone. Here jesus says clearly do not worship me for worship is due to God alone. Further more he says in Matthew 15:9 But in vain they
do worship me, teaching [for]
doctrines the commandments of
men. ... We can understand that jesus never ask anybody to worship Him nor His mother. Because nobody has ever proven or can prove from the bible from cover to cover where he jesus said worship me i am God. U see all His teaching was about worship of God alone who originated the heavens and the earth. He who worship Jesus without any clear proof such a person is astray and will be doom for eternity.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by youngguchi(m): 12:38am On Jul 16, 2013
Ubenedictus: faulty logic
but the mother is superior to the son dont u think the mother deserve d right
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ochason(m): 12:46am On Jul 16, 2013
can any cathoric show me from the bible were it is written that we should worship,honour or pray to mary to interced or talk to jesus on our behave. please tell me.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:54am On Jul 16, 2013
youngguchi:
but the mother is superior to the son dont u think the mother deserve d right
the mother is not superior to the son, conclusion made on wrong premise.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:54am On Jul 16, 2013
Ochason: can any cathoric show me from the bible were it is written that we should worship,honour or pray to mary to interced or talk to jesus on our behave. please tell me.
pleas do well to read the thread.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by vicope: 1:20am On Jul 16, 2013
Bonny Dominic: (song)We are honouring Mary, we are honouring,we 'r honouring Mary, never worship her, bt pple say we worship her, not at all, everybody join d chorus honour her. We d catholics dont worship Mary, we only ask her to INTERCEDE 4 us just as U out dea run to Ur pastors nd pastres,parent,frnds etc to pray 4 U. Our Mother of heaven nd earth who played a vital role in d salvation of mankind, clothed with d sun, crown with twelve stars, nd under her feet is d moon,presently seated on d throne of Grace,Rev12:1 thru17. Oh mother, 4gv dem 4 dey dont know wat dey are saying. Ask ur pastor d motherhood of Mary,dt is if dey r not fake.

Seriously? This s**t is so hillarous! And we are busy accusing another religion of hypnotising its followers with virgins and wine in heaven.......I never really knew some christians catholics are also hypnotised into believing the above! Little wonder why "narrow is the road that leads to salvation and broad is the road that leads to destruction". Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you guys even coined a biblical ideology to support idolatory. I just pray to God to send forth the holy spirit to broaden your understanding and comprehension of His word. Shalom!

*Unfollowing thread immediately*
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ejiboy1(m): 2:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Pls Catholics read this:
"In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God." (John 16:26-27).
Even Jesus himself said he will not ask on ur behalf, but you should ask the father directly, in his name. His name is just like a stamp for God to accept ur prayers, and any anybody(including priests, pastors, mary, saints, prophet, etc) who is praying or interceding for you must pray to God in his name before it get to God. You guys are mistaken by praying to mary to intercede for u to Jesus cus Jesus himself is not the Almighty God but the Son of the Almighty God and he told us to pray directly to the Almighty God cus he love us, and not Mary to Him. Why can't we just obey him. If we look at the bible well, there is never a place where Jesus said we should pray to him, talkless of asking someone to pray to him. He even gave us an example of prayer which started with 'Our Father' that's God directly. He always tells us to pray to God in his name but u guys are doing otherwise by praying to him through mary and here he told u that he will not ask God on your behalf, so how will your prayers reach to God. Stop taking earthly Mother-Child relationship as an heavenly thought and Mary is just a favoured earthly mother of Jesus and not Heavenly Mother of God.. She is a human just a human like us who was favoured to bear Jesus on earth. If we believe in the bible and in Jesus, then do what he tells you and not what you think of.
I know its hard for a Catholic from birth to agreed on this, but I didn't write this because of catholic or no catholic. I wrote this because we call ourselves christians, and christians have there book which is Bible, so let's just decide for once to forget about religion and know the truth which is by reading the bible.
"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," (2 Timothy 3:16).
So let's study the word of God and abide by it. That's the will of God
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 2:35am On Jul 16, 2013
frosbel:

wrong, you are not to pray to her or ask her to intercede, it is an abomination.

Nowhere in the bible are we asked to pray to Mary, it is an invention of wicked men.

frosbel u have come again!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 2:41am On Jul 16, 2013
CrazyMan:
Mary was just the earthly vessel God use in bringing Jesus into this world.

She's human like you and I...so it would look silly to worship her.

STOP BEING A MUMU. NO ONE WORSHIPS MARY!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by khiaa(f): 3:43am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

Grace is the very reason anybody is saved! It is an unmerited favour, it is infused by the Spirit and received in Baptism; is sanctifying and deifying. "Therefore, if any one is in Christ, he is a new creation" (2 Cor 5:17). If anyone is full of Grace, the person has Grace in its fullness all time. This means that the person is without grace, don't forget that it may not have been merited, like in the case of the BVM.

Mary was a human being born from human parents just like you and I, therefore she was born into this world a sinner, only Jesus was born without sin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xyoung: 5:25am On Jul 16, 2013
I don't understand why protestants like fighting the catholic church and her teachings!!! A church founded by Jesus christ himself..Next time, protestant will post, "why confess 2a priest when you can confess to God directly"..

There is no need to waste my time and start defending my catholic faith here because all these people are already bent on arguing blindly when the truth is not far fetched

Protestant just choose a portion of the bible and misinterprete it all in a name to start their own living church. But check on the existence of these churches when their founder dies

Hail Mary, full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb jesus..
I am surprised no1 here faulted the Angel Gabriel for greeting Mary like this before the birth of Jesus Christ.
The truth is bitter!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by xyoung: 5:31am On Jul 16, 2013
Ochason: can any cathoric show me from the bible were it is written that we should worship,honour or pray to mary to interced or talk to jesus on our behave. please tell me.
CAN YOU SHOW ME ANYWHERE IN THE BIBLE THAT WARNS US AGAINST HONOURING MARRY?

DIDN'T YOU SEE ANGEL GABRIEL HONOURING MARY WITH THAT GREATING

OR DON'T YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF HONOUR IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by heisenberg33: 5:33am On Jul 16, 2013
St.Ola:

Let me reiterate.
I said the bible as a BOOK you have somewhere in your bedroom and which you refer to for spiritual guidance is a compilation by the Church.

It comprises an already existing Jewish book validated by the Jewish religious leaders themselves, which the church then termed as the old testament as it only lays a foundation as to why Christ was to come and die for the sins of all owing to the inadequacies of the law.

Secondly it has the apocrypha/deutero-canonical books, which while both of the law and of Hebrew origins as the old testament, was ignored by the Jewish leaders as scripture, hence considered of less weight in matters pertaining to the law. Notice that even the Jewish religious hierarchy determined what is scripture or not out of an abundance of existing Jewish religious literature. However the Church included this in what it called the bible (to be later removed by a single man Martin Luther, who apparently had more divine inspiration than a whole church council who compiled and validated the bible over 1000years before him. If you must know, the same Martin Luther desired to remove the book of John and Revelation to St.John. the former because it repudiated his own assertion of sola fide, sola gratia, sola scriptura).

Thirdly, the bible has the New Testament, the fulfilment of the law and the making of a new covenant as God himself had promised. The establishment of a new priesthood that made irrelevant the law. The ministry of Christ and his commission to his disciples to go preach his good news to all (not the contents of the law of the Jewish scripture, but his own teaching of mercy, repentance, salvation and love).
The documentation of this was done by those who witnessed Christ and by those who by oral tradition became knowledgeable of Christ, and both set out to evangelize the world with the teachings of Christ, not of the law.

This documentation by the early church fathers and their contribution to church growth by manner of letters sent to remote provinces is what the same church after them put together deciding what was scripture or not from a multitude of Christian documentations and letters and available revelations to conclude on the New Testament. It then included the Jewish book it chose to term the Old Testament and the Jewish sidelined Apocrypha and called the resulting book Bible.
All these done by a church council under the direction of the holy see in Rome.

At this juncture, you might do well to consult an unbiased book like the encyclopaedia. Historical facts should never be debated in arguement!

I really wish i had the kind of enviable patience you and my catholic brothers/sisters in nairaland exude when you try to convince these protestant charlatans. The problem is i have a low threshold for temper when i argue with fools. One thing you should know is that these protestant gas bags are not ready to accept anything from you, no matter how you try to convince them. The charlatan who started this thread only meant it to be for ridicule and not for the purpose of being convinced. They would not honour the mother of God, but you see them honoring their spurious "GENERAL OVER SEERS AND DADDYS".....They quote a bible they have no idea how it was compiled, just like a fool trying to use a proverb....Please my catholic brothers and sisters do not waste your time with these people except you are done with every other useful thing you have to do in a day, and you want to catch some fun.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2013
ejiboy1: Pls Catholics read this:
"In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God." (John 16:26-27).
Even Jesus himself said he will not ask on ur behalf, but you should ask the father directly, in his name. His name is just like a stamp for God to accept ur prayers, and any anybody(including priests, pastors, mary, saints, prophet, etc) who is praying or interceding for you must pray to God in his name before it get to God. You guys are mistaken by praying to mary to intercede for u to Jesus cus Jesus himself is not the Almighty God but the Son of the Almighty God and he told us to pray directly to the Almighty God cus he love us, and not Mary to Him. Why can't we just obey him. If we look at the bible well, there is never a place where Jesus said we should pray to him, talkless of asking someone to pray to him. He even gave us an example of prayer which started with 'Our Father' that's God directly. He always tells us to pray to God in his name but u guys are doing otherwise by praying to him through mary and here he told u that he will not ask God on your behalf, so how will your prayers reach to God. Stop taking earthly Mother-Child relationship as an heavenly thought and Mary is just a favoured earthly mother of Jesus and not Heavenly Mother of God.. She is a human just a human like us who was favoured to bear Jesus on earth. If we believe in the bible and in Jesus, then do what he tells you and not what you think of.
I know its hard for a Catholic from birth to agreed on this, but I didn't write this because of catholic or no catholic. I wrote this because we call ourselves christians, and christians have there book which is Bible, so let's just decide for once to forget about religion and know the truth which is by reading the bible.
"All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," (2 Timothy 3:16).

I like your attempt to draw us to scripture, in order to open up your eyes, I will like you to also read the following:
John 17:9-17, 9 I pray for them I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:  10 and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are .
LESSONS
1 Jesus prays for the saved in perpetuity that we may not lose our faith. (Did I hear some people say once saved?...)
2 Jesus is glorified in his followers, even though he obtains glory from God before the world was
3 Here's how Protestants (Those protesting against the Catholic Church) keep frustrating Jesus' desire that we may be ONE

Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Rev. 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.

Can you figure out the importance of incense in prayers from the time of David, to the Apostle? Happily this is maintained by Catholics.

The saints who have gone before us know better, so they offer their intercessory prayers for us, with incense.

That is why Catholics pray to them, 'ASK THEM', to present our petitions before the golden altar that our sinfulness may not access.

Mary been just an earthly woman?
You may need to read up on what God means when he say through Angel Gabriel, Hail Full of Grace. Luke 1:28

She is the WOMAN in Gen. 3:15 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel. The context here is the dawn of the fall of man.

The Prophets reassure the people of God of this promise
Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son and his name shall be called Emmanuel.” Context: Man has languished in his fall and is in search of God for a way out.

Jesus was born and the Jews did not recognize him because of his humble birth. So at the wedding at Cana, rather than cling to Mary as his mother, he draws our attention to her by calling her WOMAN. This is in no way demeaning, but a pointer to an indicator in God's plan of salvation.

We still don't get it, so just before he expire under the cross, he makes a last ditch at it, by presenting the WOMAN to the beloved apostle John 19:26-27. All the apostles had scattered upon his arrest, John the beloved happened to be the only one, keeping the apostolic witness of our salvation alive. He represented all believers. So Mary was presented to Mother his church, as the WOMAN in God's plan of salvation.

Even this last effort failed to stick, so on the Island of Pathmos, John the beloved is the only apostle privileged to peek into heaven; Revelation 11:19, John tells us that he sees the Ark of the Covenant. In the next verse, Revelation 12:1, he describes the Ark for us as “A woman clothed with the sun”, a term that could only mean the immaculately conceived Virgin Mary.

The rest of Revelation 12 talks about the enmity prefigured in Genesis 3:15 between the devil and THE WOMAN, and how satan can’t get to her. In Revelation 12:17, it says that we are her children if we follow the commandments and bear testimony to Jesus.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 6:19am On Jul 16, 2013
ejiboy1: Pls Catholics read this:

I like your attempt to draw us to scripture, in order to open up your eyes, I will like you to also read the following:
John 17:9-17, 9 I pray for them I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine:  10 and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are .
LESSONS
1 Jesus prays for the saved in perpetuity that we may not lose our faith. (Did I hear some people say once saved?...)
2 Jesus is glorified in his followers, even though he obtains glory from God before the world was
3 Here's how Protestants (Those protesting against the Catholic Church) keep frustrating Jesus' desire that we may be ONE

Psalm 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before you as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Rev. 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints on the golden altar which was before the throne.

Can you figure out the importance of incense in prayers from the time of David, to the Apostle? Happily this is maintained by Catholics.

The saints who have gone before us know better, so they offer their intercessory prayers for us, with incense.

That is why Catholics pray to them, 'ASK THEM', to present our petitions before the golden altar that our sinfulness may not access.

You may need to read up on what God means when he say through Angel Gabriel, Hail Full of Grace. Luke 1:28

She is the WOMAN in Gen. 3:15 15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; it shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel. The context here is the dawn of the fall of man.

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son and his name shall be called Emmanuel.” Context: Man has languished in his fall and is in search of God for a way out.

Jesus was born and the Jews did not recognize him because of his humble birth. So at the wedding at Cana, rather than cling to Mary as his mother, he draws our attention to her by calling her WOMAN. This is in no way demeaning, but a pointer to an indicator in God's plan of salvation.

We still don't get it, so just before he expire under the cross, he makes a last ditch at it, by presenting the WOMAN to the beloved apostle John 19:26-27. All the apostles had scattered upon his arrest, John the beloved happened to be the only one, keeping the apostolic witness of our salvation alive. He represented all believers. So Mary was presented to Mother his church, as the WOMAN in God's plan of salvation.

Even this last effort failed to stick, so on the Island of Pathmos, John the beloved is the only apostle privileged to peek into heaven; Revelation 11:19, John tells us that he sees the Ark of the Covenant. In the next verse, Revelation 12:1, he describes the Ark for us as “A woman clothed with the sun”, a term that could only mean the immaculately conceived Virgin Mary.

The rest of Revelation 12 talks about the enmity prefigured in Genesis 3:15 between the devil and THE WOMAN, and how satan can’t get to her. In Revelation 12:17, it says that we are her children if we follow the commandments and bear testimony to Jesus.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 16, 2013
khiaa:

Mary was a human being born from human parents just like you and I, therefore she was born into this world a sinner, only Jesus was born without sin
Same argument the jews were on when christ was born; is it ñot the son of Joseph the carpenter?
Who did God count so worthy to bear Jesus without sin? Stop contradicting yourself.
Catholics pray to many saints to interceed for them,i dnt knw why u people are so particular about mary. A woman that Christ openly told the world that its nt his time,bt because she asked he did wat she asked of him.

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 16, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze: ''you are the peacemaker between sinners
and God'' so what is Christ then?
''after God,you are all my hope'' Christ nko? He is not your hope?
See let me tell you, no one wil run this race for you. I will always pray OUR LORD's prayer and not this! This is outrageous!

I swear, that someone can make this fallacious statement is baffling!!.. Smh
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by joe4christ(m): 7:46am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

I swear, that someone can make this fallacious statement is baffling!!.. Smh

That's what religion does, it beclouds one's reasoning, so much that one will no longer see the light of truth in anything other than what he was thought and made to believe from his/her religious background...
Smh!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2013
Kaycee7: We give her due honor. We don't overdo it. Also you said "through Mary" which is our point exactly.[B] So long as you're in Jesus, it doesn't matter where you came through.[/b]

@the bolded, I weep!!.. So you called jesus a liar for saying no one cometh to the father EXCEPT THROUGH HIM?

So jesus lied?.. As long as I'm in him, I can pray through buddah, dead people, statues, a serial killer, a muderer?

And don't come here and twist yor lie cos you explicitly said "it doesn't matter"..

Now I now you didn't read your bible.. I blame you not but your bullentins

Wallow away in your ignorance
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:

Seriously? This s**t is so hillarous! And we are busy accusing another religion of hypnotising its followers with virgins and wine in heaven.......I never really knew some christians catholics are also hypnotised into believing the above! Little wonder why "narrow is the road that leads to salvation and broad is the road that leads to destruction". Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you guys even coined a biblical ideology to support idolatory. I just pray to God to send forth the holy spirit to broaden your understanding and comprehension of His word. Shalom!

*Unfollowing thread immediately*

u are jst as ignorant as u sound,pls do urself dis favour by readin revelation 12 frm 1 to d end,and help urself.and pls do take note of d last verse.

I noticed dat u non catholics are nt here to learn.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 8:06am On Jul 16, 2013
ochongonoko:

@the bolded, I weep!!.. So you called jesus a liar for saying no one cometh to the father EXCEPT THROUGH HIM?

So jesus lied?.. As long as I'm in him, I can pray through buddah, dead people, statues, a serial killer, a muderer?

And don't come here and twist yor lie cos you explicitly said "it doesn't matter"..

Now I now you didn't read your bible.. I blame you not but your bullentins

Wallow away in your ignorance

wait bros,so readin d bible nw makes u a good christain abi.nw tell if those pastors dat uses evil powers to heal ur type dnt read d bible in their church.and u dat read d bible,of wht purpose do u read d bible,is it to criticise or wht. The bad part is u dnt knw d bible u
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 16, 2013
Kaycee7: That's why we're sure that Mary is no mere mortal. Whatever She is, She remains the Mother of God. A mere mortal couldn't have wiped away Eve's mistake. GOD is not a half and half person. HE does things to the full. Mary cannot be Mother to the Man-Jesus without being Mother to the God-Jesus. And where did this Man-Jesus, God-Jesus theory come from?

Meaning that God also lied when he said I AM THAT I AM... AM THE BEGINNING AND THE END?.. Smh

I give up on y'all.. So God had had mary that gave birth to him and said he's the beginning when he has said he can't lie?.. What a notion!!..
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 16, 2013
nnatom:

wait bros,so readin d bible nw makes u a good christain abi.nw tell if those pastors dat uses evil powers to heal ur type dnt read d bible in their church.and u dat read d bible,of wht purpose do u read d bible,is it to criticise or wht. The bad part is u dnt knw d bible u

I hate it when people argue this way, it shows they have nothing but lies are their backup.. Bringing up another topics cos they have no truth to refute the allegations laid against their feet

When did I say reading the bible makes anyone a good christain?. If you can't show me when I said that then kindly stop going off tangent just cos you've been exposed.

So if one shows you what the bible teaches, it's now criticism?.. Meaning all the preachings by christains(the catholics included) are criticisms?.. What a notion!!

You keep baffling with your assertions.. It's mind boggling
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 8:22am On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

Hope a christian is talking to me.
Hope u can comprehend?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:
So you are the child of mary, and not the child of GOD.
Are you John? Or are you a descendant of john? Go and read your bible my friend!

Trust me bro, people will go to great extent and spew utter trash just to relegate God and worship mary instead

One said mary has the ears of God nd yet God sent HIS only beggotten son to die for our sins and that through him, we can reach him(God) instead of us getting our prayers to his ears through MARY that has his ears

Lmao!! gringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 16, 2013
honeric01:
Hope u can comprehend?

Good morning sire... You really did great with your answers and questions to them which had pulling out fake ideas from God knows where.. I commend you man.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by ktjohnpaul(m): 8:26am On Jul 16, 2013
chidyhels:
Same argument the jews were on when christ was born; is it ñot the son of Joseph the carpenter?
Who did God count so worthy to bear Jesus without sin? Stop contradicting yourself.
Catholics pray to many saints to interceed for them,i dnt knw why u people are so particular about mary. A woman that Christ openly told the world that its nt his time,bt because she asked he did wat she asked of him.

I am loving the bold text; those who are here to learn can sure learn. That you protest against the Truth, does not make it a lie. Many have done it before you, and the truth remains that the 'gates of hell shall not prevail over the Church that Christ founded on the Peter'.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 8:38am On Jul 16, 2013
ktjohnpaul:

John 17:9-17, 9 I pray for them I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me; for they are thine: 10 and all things that are mine are thine, and thine are mine: and I am glorified in them. 11 And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are .
LESSONS

thank u my brother in christ, u have done well. Who ever read ur comment and still criticise is an anti-christ.

I remember when they always criticise the Holy communion,nw what is happening,they do it. Its nt their fault,They are jst ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (62) (Reply)

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' / Winners Chapel, Canaanland - The Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria? (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.