Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,973 members, 7,828,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Why Are Blacks Christians? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Blacks Christians? (6585 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Are Blacks CURSED By NOAH According To The BIBLE? / Are Blacks The Cused Descendants Of Ham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: the reason why the prophets campanions sought refugee in present day somalia.

Did I ask you that?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 31, 2013
lol
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
May Allah Bless my Little Hybrid Negroid Brotha Ayanle....

He just wants acceptance from his Arab Masters

May God Blesseth the Child.
grin
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The reason for what?

Ihedinobi:

Did I ask you that?

IIIIxRoyalxIIII: May Allah Bless my Little Hybrid Negroid Brotha Ayanle....

He just wants acceptance from his Arab Masters

May God Blesseth the Child.
grin

my name is ali by the way. my nick name anyway...

Believe it or not i like ethiopians and eritreans more than i like arabs.....and would marry and ethiopian muslim before an arab.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
All of Africa Needs to put down the Bibles and Korans

You can't ever "beat" them in this competitive game called "Life" if you all Worship Them

Last Time i Checked, Mecca ain't in Somalia

Anyways I'm Out
tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 2:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: All of Africa Needs to put down the Bibles and Korans

You can't ever "beat" them in this competitive game called "Life" if you all Worship Them

Last Time i Checked, Mecca ain't in Somalia

Anyways I'm Out
tongue tongue

u sticking ur tongue out to solicit me to allow you to give me oral?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 2:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

So christianity was not forced on nigerians where the majority of black slaves came from....lol

[b]Portuguese Catholic priests, who landed on the shore of Nigeria with traders, first introduced Nigerians to Christianity (http://www.nigeriannation.com). Because these priests were only in Africa to serve the Portuguese trading community, the influences of Christianity were literally non-existent by the 1800's. The true missions of the Christian church began in the late nineteenth century with Britain trying to abolish slave trade (http://www.nigeriannation.com). In 1850, Thomas Bowen of the Baptist convention arrived in Abukuta, Nigeria. Since he could not enter into mainland he mainly focused on his work in Abukuta. Soon more missionaries joined him from the Baptist convention and several bases were opened�the work was slow but steady for the first fifteen years. In 1875, W.J. David, Thomas' friend and colleague arrived in Abukuta and together they revived the mission. Within five years there were six churches and outstations in the area (Falk 340). Not much later, the new converts decided that they would like to start reaching out to their fellow Nigerians. Several congregations of converts split.
[/b]

so u guys were not even christians only 200 years ago...how sad and ironic...lmao

I don't see anywhere in the passage that says Christianity was forced on Nigerians as you previously stated. If it wasn't "good for us", we'd have stopped it or it wouldn't have spread as it has, seeing as it is relatively new to us as you correctly pointed out.
What was your original religion and why don't you practice it anymore?
You should know since you keep bragging about having history which you claim others lack.

Concern your self with things that affect you. If the Christianity of Nigerians was responsible for the disastrous state of your country or your buck teeth or receding hairline, then it would be your concern.
Regarding beauty which you seem obsessed with, I am yet to see a somalian whose beauty has wowed me.

While your defeated, pathetic parents busy themselves teaching you of baseless pride while on welfare and benefits all around the world,ours work hard to leave us an inheritance and set us up for success.

This phrase sums you up Ayanle:
"Empty vessels make the loudest noise".

1 Like

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 2:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
some-girl:

I don't see anywhere in the passage that says Christianity was forced on Nigerians as you previously stated. If it wasn't "good for us", we'd have stopped it or it wouldn't have spread as it has, seeing as it is relatively new to us as you correctly pointed out.
What was your original religion and why don't you practice it anymore?
You should know since you keep bragging about having history which you claim others lack.

Concern your self with things that affect you. If the Christianity of Nigerians was responsible for the disastrous state of your country or your buck teeth or receding hairline, then it would be your concern.
Regarding beauty which you seem obsessed with, I am yet to see a somalian whose beauty has wowed me.

While your defeated, pathetic parents busy themselves teaching you of baseless pride while on welfare and benefits all around the world,ours work hard to leave us an inheritance and set us up for success.

This phrase sums you up Ayanle:
"Empty vessels make the loudest noise".

u need to stop following me ugly.

I have yet to see a somali whose beuty has wowed me loooooool......

we all know who is better looking in africa......it definately is not you unless the wide nose, nappy hair, and the big lips have made a comeback since i went to sleep last night.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 2:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

u need to stop following me ugly.

I have yet to see a somali whose beuty has wowed me loooooool......

we all know who is better looking in africa......it definately is not you unless the wide nose, nappy hair, and the big lips have made a comeback since i went to sleep last night.

the bark of a tiny dog grin grin
crawl back into your cave cretin.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
some-girl:

the bark of a tiny dog grin grin
crawl back into your cave cretin.

i dont know what it is about me that attracts obese black women.....i need to change deoderants this one smells too watermelony for my taste.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 3:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

i dont know what it is about me that attracts obese black women.....i need to change deoderants this one smells too watermelony for my taste.

*yawn*
This is where my interest in this thread officially ends.
We are clearly not on the same intellectual plane. (I being on a higher one, of course).

Summary of what has been established so far:
Christianity wasn't forced on Nigerians.
islam wasn't your original religion and you don't know a thing about your religion prior to islam.

Bye (for now)
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Somali, seems you ignored this one
Reyginus: Finally, I'm back.
Before I say anything, I'd like to know if you have a good grasp of what you intend to achieve in this thread or you are out to play games. Whichever one I'm in.
My question is, are you asking why I became a christain, or why blacks became christain? Or you are making a point, which is, that christainity was pushed on blacks?
The atheist in the house can help us.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

and despite your good looks , your country is in tatters.

Pride goes before a ...............
Lololol.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 3:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
some-girl.......

plz go away and die with your aids.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: some-girl.......

No, no, no. That was harsh. Remember you are a moslem. The peacemakers. Lol
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 3:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
Reyginus: No, no, no. That was harsh. Remember you are a moslem. The peacemakers. Lol

plz join her.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by manmustwac(m): 3:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
@somalia9
No need for the insults. Somegirl didn't insult you so I don't see the reason why u had to insult her. angry
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 3:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
manmustwac: @somalia9
No need for the insults. Somegirl didn't insult you so I don't see the reason why u had to insult her. angry

how did i insult her....i only mentioned the condition that majority of negroids have....u know there is a 34 percent chance am right.....
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

plz join her.
You don't want to debate anymore?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

how did i insult her....i only mentioned the condition that majority of negroids have....u know there is a 34 percent chance am right.....
This is really a dumb reason to label someone anything.
You don't see the contradiction, I know. So '34% chance' is now a reason to label her an aids victim?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by manmustwac(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

which means there is a 66 percent chance that your wrong since islam is supposed to be a religion of peace you preach peace instead of trading insults please.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
Well, was I right or was I right? @pirate1's colors on display grin

My friend, our debate, if it could be called that at all, is over. You had nothing worth listening to about blacks and their Christianity.

Now, I'm sure you have more than enough to chew in opposition to your rather childish racism, so I won't bother with it. I will bother to say, though, that you were way beneath what I got all excited for. If I'd really gone gangster on you, I'd have shown myself to be one heck of a bully.

Now, try to pick fights your size, will ya? smiley
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: some-girl.......

somalia9:

grin grin grin grin anti-retro is affordable. You can't even afford to feed yourselves.

proof is required for the bolded.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by deols(f): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2013
There isn't too much difference btwn somalia9 and d people arguing with him. He is a racist, obviously and far more interested in propagating his ethnic superiority over anything else.

And you all joined in at it, trying to show how much inferior they are or should be.

The world isn't going to change this way.

when people who preach religion/faith/creed are d worst offenders.

whatever happened to turning d other cheek??
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by wiegraf: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
Why so much troll feeding? Who let hypocrites in here anyhoo?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Bazil(m): 10:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
Its quite amazing that someone that claims to practice a religion that promotes peace and love is also out here spewing some of the most racist stuff ever, tryin desperately to prove that somalis are superior to subsaharians. Why do u even bother to come on nigerian forum if u think ur so great
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by lepasharon(f): 11:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
are u trying to say blacks should be muslims instead?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 12:17am On Apr 01, 2013
lepasharon: are u trying to say blacks should be muslims instead?

no, but definately not christians.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2013
somalia9:

no, but definately not christians.
Sincerely, you have nothing to offer. I underestimated your ignorance.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2013
Reyginus: Sincerely, you have nothing to offer. I underestimated your ignorance.

and i care because.......
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2013
somalia9:

I thought you had something to offer. I'm allergic to ignorance. Yours is in 3D.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2013
somalia9:

a number of questions :

1. How old are you ?

2. Why are you residing in a Christian nation - hypocrite !!!

3. If Somalia is such a great and fun place what are you doing abroad in the west.

4. When you fled from the mayhem and utter chaos in your so called 'Heaven on earth' , you bypassed Yemen, Saudi Arabia , Lebanon, Jordan , Turkey and even Europe to reside in America - any reasons for this

5. When was the last time you engaged in Jihad ?

6. If ISLAM is for all, how come you hate your fellow black Muslims referring to them as monkeys, does this not underpin what many of us have been saying for a long time that ISLAM can also be a racist ideology.

7. How can a people be great and proud when they cannot even love each other and thank those like Kenya who have saved them from hell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How The Ark Of Covenant and Tablets Came To Mt. Kenya (biblical Mt. Zion) / The Memorare- Pls Share Your Testimonies (For Catholics). / Biblical Mary True Age When She Married Joseph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.