Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Are Blacks Christians? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Blacks Christians? (6587 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Are Blacks CURSED By NOAH According To The BIBLE? / Are Blacks The Cused Descendants Of Ham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

dont take it personally, all people on earth agree with me that you guys look to close to monkeys and look barbaric.....thats my honest opinion, lets agree to disagree ok.

Coming from a proud moslem, that's something is int it?

Why do you participate in a forum owned by barbaric monkeys?

They dont have one in somlia?

A country decimated by emigration and primitive religious zealotry because its people are too dumb to hold it together?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:09am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia isnt decimitated...its only the capital that has had turmoil and that is no longer the case as somalia no has and elected government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQFkjPv1hg
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by deols(f): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

dont take it personally, all people on earth agree with me that you guys look to close to monkeys and look barbaric.....thats my honest opinion, lets agree to disagree ok.

Islam is against any form of racism/tribalism. here is what the prophet says-

“He is not one of us who calls to tribalism; he is not one of us who fights for the sake of tribalism; he is not one of us who dies following the way of tribalism.”

whether ethnicity or tribalism--same ni.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: somalia isnt decimitated...its only the capital that has had turmoil and that is no longer the case as somalia no has and elected government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuQFkjPv1hg

The last time I checked Al shabab brand of terrorism is somalia's biggest export now!

I hear somali emigres in the US come back home for training in their camps.

Are you one of them?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2013
somalis are going back to rebuild their country, alshabaab is nearly gone as they have lost all major cities.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 10:22am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: somalis are going back to rebuild their country, alshabaab is nearly gone as they have lost all major cities.

Thanks to the AU soldiers (Your barbaric monkeys)

Somalis prefer to run away to other countries!
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somegirl1: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: i dont know what our original religion was because it was over 1400 years ago. no one group of people who had a religion that long ago know what their religion was. but obviously it was not as good as ISLAM.

I say christianity is not good for blacks simply cause of its history. Your pray to a white jesus who was a jew. You worship a cross and not god. You do what ever you want only to go to church on sunday. You selfishly belive that one guy died for all your sins.

christianity today has morphed into greed, christmas is only celebrated as a shopping holiday, Most christians dont even practice it.

christainity was forced on west africans and black americans, same for native americans and latin americans.

nothing about christianity is what it was only 50 years ago. Its constantly changing like a culture.

You're asking this question on the wrong forum, go to a "black" American one as Christianity was never forced on Africans at least not Nigerians. Get your facts right.
Many accepted it as a way out of certain cultural practices that put them at a disadvantage e.g slavery (within kingdoms) and the outcaste system which was common among the Igbos.
Also many accepted Christianity as it came hand in hand with education which we have always been keen on (I don't expect your likes to understand how that a person can be passionate about education).

Who made you one to decide what is good for others? Unless you practice your original religion, you are in no position to question the beliefs of others.
Many think islam is a pointless religion formed by a misguided storyteller called mohammed, who chose portions of the bible to concoct a "guide" which made whatever he chose to do at the time right.

You shouldn't concern yourself with other people's beliefs.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2013
turnstoner:

Thanks to the AU soldiers (Your barbaric monkeys)

Somalis prefer to run away to other countries!

actually somalis are returning and it is well known that somalis ran back to fight in the war even though they were in europe and america. it is also well known that somalis get sent back every year by their parents to relearn their culture and are sent to northern somalia where it is peaceful. Somalis are one of the few people that would go back if their homeland was peaceful and many are going back.

As for your AU soldiers, their only there to collect pay checks and i hope they leave soon before they start spreading deaseas that only monkeys have.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2013
some-girl:

You're asking this question on the wrong forum, go to a "black" American one as Christianity was never forced on Africans at least not Nigerians. Get your facts right.
Many accepted it as a way out of certain cultural practices that put them at a disadvantage e.g slavery (within kingdoms) and the outcaste system which was common among the Igbos.
Also many accepted Christianity as it came hand in hand with education which we have always been keen on (I don't expect your likes to understand how that a person can be passionate about education).

Who made you one to decide what is good for others? Unless you practice your original religion, you are in no position to question the beliefs of others.
Many think islam is a pointless religion formed by a misguided storyteller called mohammed, who chose portions of the bible to concoct a "guide" which made whatever he chose to do at the time right.

You shouldn't concern yourself with other people's beliefs.

So christianity was not forced on nigerians where the majority of black slaves came from....lol

[b]Portuguese Catholic priests, who landed on the shore of Nigeria with traders, first introduced Nigerians to Christianity (http://www.nigeriannation.com). Because these priests were only in Africa to serve the Portuguese trading community, the influences of Christianity were literally non-existent by the 1800's. The true missions of the Christian church began in the late nineteenth century with Britain trying to abolish slave trade (http://www.nigeriannation.com). In 1850, Thomas Bowen of the Baptist convention arrived in Abukuta, Nigeria. Since he could not enter into mainland he mainly focused on his work in Abukuta. Soon more missionaries joined him from the Baptist convention and several bases were opened�the work was slow but steady for the first fifteen years. In 1875, W.J. David, Thomas' friend and colleague arrived in Abukuta and together they revived the mission. Within five years there were six churches and outstations in the area (Falk 340). Not much later, the new converts decided that they would like to start reaching out to their fellow Nigerians. Several congregations of converts split.
[/b]

so u guys were not even christians only 200 years ago...how sad and ironic...lmao
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by coputa(m): 10:40am On Mar 31, 2013
Among somalis it is a commonly held idea that"All somalia are muslim",even somali who are not particularly devout in their practice will claim allegiance to islam...all the killings that is going on across clan lines in somali had led some people to ask"why has islam not kept them from killing each other". Somalis who have lived in muslim societies have experienced discrimination, also, somalis who were domant in their practice of islam in somali ("where they were all muslim") often fake their islamic identity when they go to the west..i think islam has a lot to do with the war,the ignorance,the poverty and the backwardness that is prevalent in somali.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2013
their is no clan killing in somalia, because all somalis are related and you cant tell someones clan by looking at them furthermore somalis are related even within their clans.

the problem in somalia was the west was intefering in order to get oil and a hard line islamist groups didnt want that....they created law and order and the usa sent ethiopia to topple their government....

all the somalis rallied around the islamist against the ethiopians, even somalis from abroad came back to fight....but ultimately the west realized they cant change us so, they left us alone.

we elected a president and our constitution now is is in line with sharia law.

their are suicide bombings here and there for the last 20 yeas but no reall fighting between somalis, usually was somalis and ethiopian soldiers fighting...they eventually left after they lost many soldiers.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by coputa(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2013
Islam did not spread that fast in somali because they have their own religion (such as waaq worshipping and others before the Arabs conquered and converted them to Arabism..
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2013
coputa: Islam did not spread that fast in somali because they have their own religion (such as waaq worshipping and others before the Arabs conquered and converted them to Arabism..

Somalis were muslims before people in iraq, egypt, syria, this is well known as the prophets camponions came to somalia (a the the time ethiopia) to escape persecution.

we are one of the first people to become muslims, thus the reason why we are no longer part of ethiopia. islam in somalia is as old as the religion itself
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

and despite your good looks , your country is in tatters.

Pride goes before a ...............
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

Somalis were muslims before people in iraq, egypt, syria, this is well known as the prophets camponions came to somalia (a the the time ethiopia) to escape persecution.

we are one of the first people to become muslims, thus the reason why we are no longer part of ethiopia. islam in somalia is as old as the religion itself

mate, carry your propaganda elsewhere, you think you are talking with Somali Jihadists who have no education or clue about reality cheesy
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:20am On Mar 31, 2013
Islam was introduced to the northern Somali coast early on from the Arabian peninsula, shortly after the hijra. In the late 800s, Al-Yaqubi wrote that Muslims were living along the northern Somali seaboard.[4] He also mentioned that the Adal kingdom had its capital in the city,[4][5] suggesting that the Adal Sultanate with Zeila as its headquarters dates back to at least the 9th or 10th centuries. According to I.M. Lewis, the polity was governed by local dynasties consisting of Somalized Arabs or Arabized Somalis, who also ruled over the similarly-established Sultanate of Mogadishu in the Benadir region to the south. Adal's history from this founding period forth would be characterized by a succession of battles with neighbouring Abyssinia.[5]
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by coputa(m): 11:43am On Mar 31, 2013
Can you lay claim to one benefit of having a good look and being a muslim..somalis are notorous for sea pirates and somalia is still the poorest country in the world..so what are you so proud of when you are almost ravaged by poverty..if christianity is bad why do you accept aids from xtian countries..
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:45am On Mar 31, 2013
coputa: Can you lay claim to one benefit of having a good look and being a muslim..somalis are notorous for sea pirates and somalia is still the poorest country in the world..so what are you so proud of when you are almost ravaged by poverty..if christianity is bad why do you accept aids from xtian countries..

Somalis are always prideful......doesnt matter the state of our state, we are always happy and proud.....and west africa has more piracy than somalia now......look it up piracy has died down in the last five years....
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 11:46am On Mar 31, 2013
coputa: Can you lay claim to one benefit of having a good look and being a muslim..somalis are notorous for sea pirates and somalia is still the poorest country in the world..so what are you so proud of when you are almost ravaged by poverty..if christianity is bad why do you accept aids from xtian countries..

Don't mind the cut-chewing, drug addicted islamic lunatics!
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

Somalis are always prideful......doesnt matter the state of our state, we are always happy and proud.....and west africa has more piracy than somalia now......look it up piracy has died down in the last five years....

what are you proud of ?

The people you laugh at are better educated, developed and more humbly sociable than your so called elitist race.

You have nothing to be proud of.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:49am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

what are you proud of ?

The people you laugh at are better educated, developed and more humbly sociable than your so called elitist race.

You have nothing to be proud of.

so u saying if nigeria went into anarchy your pride would go away....lol

somali pride is a fire that never burns out, its been buring thousands of years, only the last few years of turmoil will not dim that ever burning light......

we are the somali people.....we are muslim....we have beauty, we have a stretegic land with resources, our culture and history is the ancient, and our language and poetry is second to none.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

we are the somali people.....we are muslim....we have beauty, we have a stretegic land with resources, our culture and history is the ancient, and our language and poetry is second to none.

And this is what makes you feel you are better than others , lol grin
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 11:52am On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

so u saying if nigeria went into anarchy your pride would go away....lol

somali pride is a fire that never burns out, its been buring thousands of years, only the last few years of turmoil will not dim that ever burning light......

What are you doing in the US

Why don't relocate to the poverty stricken land you're so proud of?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 11:55am On Mar 31, 2013
turnstoner:

What are you doing in the US

Why don't relocate to the poverty stricken land you're so proud of?

inshallah i plan on going back and dying there. I might as well finish my education while am already here.

There are so many buisness oppertunies, i definately cant wait back to go back to the land of the nomads.

watch this short video to see what i mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayU6cHYM_0
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by turnstoner(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

inshallah i plan on going back and dying there. I might as well finish my education while am already here.

There are so many buisness oppertunies, i definately cant wait back to go back to the land of the nomads.

watch this short video to see what i mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayU6cHYM_0

Of course!

You had to go to the US for an education, didn't you.

No education for girls under a proper sharia regime, as somalis prefer grin
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
turnstoner:

Of course!

You had to go to the US for an education, didn't you.

No education for girls under a proper sharia regime, as somalis prefer grin

i didnt come here for an education, i came as a kid....thats not true cause in somalia before the war we had teachers who were women, women were allowed to go to school, the first muslim women to the u.n. was from somalia

watch this short video about somalia only 3 minutes long. i cant expalin everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE1XU0oMYi0
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

i didnt come here for an education, i came as a kid....thats not true cause in somalia before the war we had teachers who were women, women were allowed to go to school, the first muslim women to the u.n. was from somalia

watch this short video about somalia only 3 minutes long. i cant expalin everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE1XU0oMYi0

Next time you come here, come in the spirit of brotherhood 'not a better than you' attitude, especially when you are preaching about a supposedly superior ideology.

I have Somalian friends in the UK and they do not exhibit your arrogance.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 12:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

Next time you come here, come in the spirit of brotherhood 'not a better than you' attitude, especially when you are preaching about a supposedly superior ideology.

I have Somalian friends in the UK and they do not exhibit your arrogance.

to be somali, is to be prideful, from afar it looks arrogant but its not......did you watch the video?
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

no one knows if god is human so we are not worshipping an arab god............somalia is not in this position cause of religion but because of western interferance.

certain somalis dont want others to interfere and those happen to be religious and the government is secular....

no am not pirate

Well, my friend, if you're not worshipping an Arab God, by your argument, we're not worshipping a white God either. smiley

Perhaps, I was wrong, but then, if those people who are ill disposed to Western intwrference are so because they're religious, then, religion is very much why you're in the mess you are.

I'm afraid I think you're lying about not being pirate1. You see, I think it's too much of a coincidence that you converse alike, that you yourself started a thread with a topic the same as the question he went trolling Christian threads with on the same day that you started this thread, not twenty minutes after he'd made a nuisance of himself, that you own an account you use for trolling because this one gets banned too much, according to you and @pirate1 is a troll if ever there was one.

So, I think you're pirate1, and I'll treat you according to that thought until you canprove otherwise.

Alright then, let's do this, man grin Been too long for me
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by somalia9: 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
why do you assume god has human attributes, his beyond our scope of thought and imagination.

no one ever said god is arab, the prophet was arab, the prophet is not god, and many other prophets came before him who were from different people.

told u am not pirate but whatever you believe is up to you.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9:

i am fluent in arabic and you or someone else inserted 'slave girl' in there.....because islam forbids sexual intercouse with some one your not married tooo......

my guess is you got that from an anti islam website.....you should do better research........cause people get stoned to death every day in somalia for having sexx with someone whose not their wife...

infact mohamed peace be upon him freed more than 4000 slaves in his life time because his wife was very wealthy......the first freed man was a black slave called bilaal was the first to read out the call to prayer when the first mosque was build in the city of medina

u should troll else where cause you just proved to me that your a lazy researcher or a simply dumb.

Impressive.
Re: Why Are Blacks Christians? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
somalia9: Islam was introduced to the northern Somali coast early on from the Arabian peninsula, shortly after the hijra. In the late 800s, Al-Yaqubi wrote that Muslims were living along the northern Somali seaboard.[4] He also mentioned that the Adal kingdom had its capital in the city,[4][5] suggesting that the Adal Sultanate with Zeila as its headquarters dates back to at least the 9th or 10th centuries. According to I.M. Lewis, the polity was governed by local dynasties consisting of Somalized Arabs or Arabized Somalis, who also ruled over the similarly-established Sultanate of Mogadishu in the Benadir region to the south. Adal's history from this founding period forth would be characterized by a succession of battles with neighbouring Abyssinia.[5]

The third word effectively finished your protest. Islam was not indigenous to you guys. For that reason, you cannot assume airs over others who 'accepted' a religion that was not indigenous to them, you cannot presume to question them about their choice to accept any religion. It doesn't matter how long ago you accepted yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pope Calls For Respect Between Christians And Muslims / What Do You Know About 'the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity'?(photos) / The Memorare- Pls Share Your Testimonies (For Catholics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.