Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494206 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Xone3: I want to venture into the catfish business but i really want to know how to hatch first. Really need someone to help without me buying ebook. I stay in lagos, around badagry area. Contact me thru my mail: bisxone@gmail.com
around ishashi i remember there are fishfarmers,also lasu- insheri lots(one of d best axis at a time), robonski is in lagos, u should go understudy someone at a farm, two three days is ok, but advise at least one or two weeks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
lanrelan: Hi all in d house, am a new farmer and am having problem with my farm coz they are eating there self and i always feed dem well but i dont know how to stop it please if any body have a solution to it i need help fast
are of equal size,if not sorting, are they overcrowded?if yes, consider bigger space, feeding well is good,but increase frequency, not necessary quantity,except quantity isn't ok.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jites(m): 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
robonski15:

Mr jites said he is gonna send it from the UK for 30k, which is way more cheaper than what we buy here...

If you are interested in buying the bio disc, simply pay the money to Mr Robonski and i will DHL them to him and you can collect yours from him, if you dont live in Lagos let him know and please supply your forwarding address so i can DHL yours seperately (which might cost a bit more) or i can still DHL it to Mr Robonski and he can forward it to you.
I would required at least a minimum of 5 interested farmers for me to place the order, i am not a regular contributor on this thread for obvious reason- i dont know anything about catfish lol, i am ofcourse looking to gain knowlegde and start up my own farm at some point. Thats why i want us to use the owner of the thread Mr Robonski as the contact point and distributor. As you may or may not have gathered i reside in the UK and also i am not a trader ie i dont sell stuff on Nairaland- you can look through my thread.
If i am able to source the disc at a lesser price than 30K everyone will get a refund of the extra, me personally i think it is worth a try for 30k or possibly less anything that has the potential of increasing the quality and health of the fishes is worth a try. Thats is the difference between the developed world an the developing world- over here they keep researching for effective and more efficient way of producing item but in the developing world we seem stick to what our forefathers handed down to us.
Anyway thats enough said i am begining to sound like a seller now lol, wishing all farmer a merry Xmas and a FRUITFUL year ahead. Shalom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ayosat(m): 12:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Xone3: I want to venture into the catfish business but i really want to know how to hatch first. Really need someone to help without me buying ebook. I stay in lagos, around badagry area. Contact me thru my mail: bisxone@gmail.com
@ Xone3. My advise is that you learn the easy part first, that is setting up a place to raise fingerlings to tablesize first. If you have mastered that part, then you can go into hatching. Even in school, You dont start with difficult subjects before the simple ones. But you start with the simple b4 going into more difficult ones. Just get enough experience first about catfish b4 moving to hatching.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2013
excelsiorfarm: thank GOD my sister.i believe u are doing great and d fishes

yes sir, I'm fine. Fishes now ready for Harvest. how r u sir and family.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 7:12am On Nov 30, 2013
digi101: Hello house,

Compliments of the season to everyone. Am in need of supply of 100kg weekly of 300-700g catfish to bridge my shortfall. The demand will cover 3 weeks presently (totaling 300kg). Any farmer within Ibadan who can do the supply should pls let me know.

Thanks
Hi
Do you still need the fishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
practicalclass:

yes sir, I'm fine. Fishes now ready for Harvest. how r u sir and family.
my sis aim fine & d family also,came in from ogbomoso today,i believe u are doin great
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 8:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hi house, please is there any booster I can use for my fish apart from their normal feed, maggot and pellet stuff so as to give them good weight? Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ijobaorun: Hi house, please is there any booster I can use for my fish apart from their normal feed, maggot and pellet stuff so as to give them good weight? Thanks.
livestovit & aquapro can help FCR i.e. Feed conversion ratio
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2013
excelsiorfarm: livestovit & aquapro can help FCR i.e. Feed conversion ratio
please can you explain better, don't seem to understand the statement.
Is livestovit nd aquapro drugs or what nd how can I get them? Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ijobaorun:
please can you explain better, don't seem to understand the statement.
Is livestovit nd aquapro drugs or what nd how can I get them? Thanks.
Thank God, they are drugs, d former is in sticky liquid form & d latter is powder, u mix in water & pour into your ponds, not all, to reduce cost,available nationwide in fish or agric stores, FCR means amount of feed that convert to flesh, this drugs increase efficiency of converting feed to weight
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ijobaorun(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
excelsiorfarm: Thank God, they are drugs, d former is in sticky liquid form & d latter is powder, u mix in water & pour into your ponds, not all, to reduce cost,available nationwide in fish or agric stores, FCR means amount of feed that convert to flesh, this drugs increase efficiency of converting feed to weight

pls, how many liters of livestovit can i use for 1000fishes and how often can it be applied?
Can I apply the two drugs at a time or differently?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 1:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
My brother, av been following your write up from the beginning and due to what have read...its obvious you know about the bizness, am a fish farmer as well, and have been in this biznes for over three years now....and am doing very fine am not here to antagonise you but i will jst want you to be as sincere as you claim to be, if you know what i mean...so many people have lost their hard earned money due to different lies by people that dont know anything about this bizness and by so doing they can not even rise again...so please am a pro in this line and i will want you to always put in some factors when talking about the bizness....republic of benin is different from nigeria...and that brings about so many difference in the management...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 2:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
the aspect of iya eleja unrinating around your pond and causing some problems that will have to force you to call them back to buy the fish....all na wash....i run my farm on a 2 and half acre of land in agbara, ogun state...and am doing fine...., i use a concrete pond as well, but you see our people, dont let us leave leprosy and be curing ringworm....this is nigeria, we have so many difficulty in this country and by so doing we can only work with all we have around us to survive...robonsky has tried but i expect people here to discuss the reason why the bizness is not working and what can be done to make it work...we have different issues that are very important to talk about and carry the intending farmers along so that they will not end up loosing their money too...things like
1. the pond...aw its bn built, the deepness and its advantages
2.water....its management and its advantages
3.feed...types of feed
4.mode of feeding
5.duration of time...speculated time for the whole rearing that wont surpass the planned money to be used
6.market...when to market and how
e.t.c...
for anyone coming into this bizness, there are more to learn than just reading....you need practical seeing as well, as you start up your farm, new things comes your way...cause you get to meet new challenges, then you meet experts for advice and guidlines. i wish everyone here the best of luck in all our endeavours...lets feel free to ask questions here...its called a forum
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cachiskky(f): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
lovely thread. am loving this. have gained a lot of wisdom by patiently going thru all the pages. gud work @Robonski15
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cachiskky(f): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thank God, they are drugs, d former is in sticky liquid form & d latter is powder, u mix in water & pour into your ponds, not all, to reduce cost,available nationwide in fish or agric stores, FCR means amount of feed that convert to flesh, this drugs increase efficiency of converting feed to weight.

@excellsor. i mix livestovit with my feed. is that also okay? or should i just pour inside the pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eugeneric: 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
pls house i currently use a earthen pond for my fish and also just switched to local feeds. bt i dnt knw if the fishes are actually consuming the feeds since the feeds dnt float. any advise hw i can know so i can be sure if they are eatin or not.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
i will advice you always ,mix your livestovit with the water in the pond....it works better that way.
cachiskky: Thank God, they are drugs, d former is in sticky liquid form & d latter is powder, u mix in water & pour into your ponds, not all, to reduce cost,available nationwide in fish or agric stores, FCR means amount of feed that convert to flesh, this drugs increase efficiency of converting feed to weight.

@excellsor. i mix livestovit with my feed. is that also okay? or should i just pour inside the pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cachiskky(f): 3:53pm On Dec 02, 2013
lizu: i will advice you always ,mix your livestovit with the water in the pond....it works better that way.

but how would one get the correct measurement to put in to the pond. i use earthen pond. putting it into the feed that goes directly into their mouth, shouldnt it be better?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
There is something very important i will want us to discuss here in the house.....its called FEED and MODE OF FEEDING...have actually been using this method for over a year now...its helps me reduce my spendings on the aspect of feed and i get good result withing a short period of time..

you see when we talk about fish business...there are over 30 business chains in this line...some people are into fingerlings production,grow out, juveniles production, feed , smoked fish production, mealange, fish drugs, fish equipments e.t.c...But what am here to discuss is about feed..
firstly, i will like to ask this question...do you know you can introduce a local feed immediately after 0.8mm feed.....the answer is YES..
this is what have done from time and i have seen good result...you see buying these foreign feeds at times could be very disastrous..what i mean is that, the people selling the feed are only doing their own business..either coppens, ziegler e.t.c..
following this few points of mine..

1.the producer of the feed has sold his product not even knowing the condition of the fish that is going to consume it, either the fish is in good health or not so as to amend the nutritional to the one that best fits the condition of the fish.

2. we dont know how long the feed must have used on the sea before getting to nigeria, there is every possibility that some parts of the nutrients might have even expired over time.

3. we dont know as well how long the feed must have been with our own local seller..i.e where we bought the feed from, especially even we are happen to be the type that is so expiry date conscious..its a matter of just rebagging...we are all nigerians and we know what our people can do so if this forum is really ready to help people we need to speak out the truth.

and lots more..., so tell me with just these few points, how do you expect to get a good result at the end of the day..
so what i do is that i have come up with formulas that are very rich with the help of my course of study and i was lucky to have serve in nafdac during my youth corps days and i get all my stuffs locally myself and get everything blended together into the sizes i want and they work superb..infact i can assure you that you can achieve 800gms to 1kg withing a short period of 3months thats if you feed the fish properly as directed.
look out for mode of feeding in my next report...thanks questions and critics are welcome

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eugeneric: 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
eugeneric: pls house i currently use a earthen pond for my fish and also just switched to local feeds. bt i dnt knw if the fishes are actually consuming the feeds since the feeds dnt float. any advise hw i can know so i can be sure if they are eatin or not.
@lizu, ur evaluation is quite true bt can u plz do a reply to d above question. tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Lizu,what's d name of your farm?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
@Eugeneric,did u starve dem 4 like 2 days b4 switching?u ought to starve them 4 at least 2 days b4 switching.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ eugeneric...your question is very well understood, there are two things I will say to this...first thing is I actually dnt know when you switched ur feed...but this is how it goes when ever you are changing to a new feed, you delay the time of feeding so they can exhaust what they have in them by so doing they will be hungry, but don't take it for too long so they won't canibalise...the scope of delaying their feed is for them to be able to consume what ever feed that is introduce to them.
To know if they are taking the feed, that goes with the mode of feeding I talked about...you don't pour but drop feeds bit by bit...this applies to both floating and local..this is done to ascertain if the feed is not wasting because they fish will always come to the top to pick the feed so if they dnt then you can stop and fix what ever the problem is...I hope this will help you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
Royal Latris agro allied farms
Atuko village, igbesa, agbara
TOKUGAWA: @Lizu,what's d name of your farm?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Livestovit is a multivitamin that reduces stress and increase rate of feeding in them, moreso ur descretion is to be used when applying it...yo take up clean water ina a bowl and add it then mix it properly before pouring it in the pond
cachiskky:

but how would one get the correct measurement to put in to the pond. i use earthen pond. putting it into the feed that goes directly into their mouth, shouldnt it be better?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
lizu: My brother, av been following your write up from the beginning and due to what have read...its obvious you know about the bizness, am a fish farmer as well, and have been in this biznes for over three years now....and am doing very fine am not here to antagonise you but i will jst want you to be as sincere as you claim to be, if you know what i mean...so many people have lost their hard earned money due to different lies by people that dont know anything about this bizness and by so doing they can not even rise again...so please am a pro in this line and i will want you to always put in some factors when talking about the bizness....republic of benin is different from nigeria...and that brings about so many difference in the management...

[b][/b] first off, NOBODY is a pro in fish farming, we try to learn and add to the existing knowledge we hv already inculcated.. Talking about my sincerity, how sincere do u want me or other gurus in the house to be.. I don't know what u mean and what are the factors u are talking abt me to put in place..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
Please bro...if you go thru my write I dnt mean to disrepect okay...jst talking from experience of what have actually gone thru before meeting myslf where I am today...so dnt be crossed wt me at all...we are all going thru the train of success you have initiated..
robonski15: [b][/b] first off, NOBODY is a pro in fish farming, we try to learn and add to the existing knowledge we hv already inculcated.. Talking about my sincerity, how sincere do u want me or other gurus in the house to be.. I don't know what u mean and what are the factors u are talking abt me to put in place..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
@linzu,please feel free to drop any info here on this forum without any inflamatory words to the members and moderator.As you know this is the only serious forum for fish farmers here in Nigeria,active and regularly updated. Nobody is an island of knowledge. So,that's what makes us unique on here,share your experiences and knowledge with d house,though we are starting to know the fake fish farmers. Hope to read from you too.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lizu: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its okay
TOKUGAWA: @linzu,please feel free to drop any info here on this forum without any inflamatory words to the members and moderator.As you know this is the only serious forum for fish farmers here in Nigeria,active and regularly updated. Nobody is an island of knowledge. So,that's what makes us unique on here,share your experiences and knowledge with d house,though we are starting to know the fake fish farmers. Hope to read from you too.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
I think lizu didn't mean to disrepect anybody though his introduction was kind of harsh. Dear lizu, kindly publish your different formulae according to ages of fish. Thanks for your post.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
cachiskky: lovely thread. am loving this. have gained a lot of wisdom by patiently going thru all the pages. gud work @Robonski15
Good work also to all the GURUS in the house, they have been amazing!!! Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.