Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: (3238 Views)

Hear What My Girlfriend's Friend Want From Me! / This Is How My Girl Friend Want It. / Is This A Sign That My Friend Want Me To Have Sex With Her Or Its A Red Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 12:27pm On Apr 01, 2008
Hello

i need somebody to help, i have been dating a guy for about six years now and he want us to get married as soon as possible but i am told him that i am still proccess my school but its like he is getting tired, what do u think i can do.

pls help
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by almondjoy(f): 12:34pm On Apr 01, 2008
As long as you are not like 18 or 35 still in school. Why is he tired?  Are you a perpetual student like most Nairalanders with no hope in sight? cheesy

Please shed more light on this "delicate" issue.  Why is he tired?  Are you taking too long to graduate? cheesy

From the look of things, even medical students should have rounded up their careers in this your "6 year" dating business.  What are you studying in the name of Crispy Creme Doughnuts abeg? shocked

6 years? shocked
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by olanajim(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2008
Almond,
you read through my mind.

6 years looking for admission or still in school?

Let hear her first.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by almondjoy(f): 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2008
olanajim:

Almond,
you read through my mind.

6 years looking for admission or still in school?

Let hear her first.

Let us wait and read from her! cheesy
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by ifyalways(f): 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2008
rofl
it prolly might be WAEC or JAMB going by the posters word. . .processing cheesy
@Poster nothing stops you from being married and still processing your admission.Dont let the 7 yrs you have spent so far become wasted yrs. . . .all the phocks,laundry,cooking etc
Marry him and continue with your schooling,Ok.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by opokonwa(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2008
Do what is on your mind, if you have one.
Do not let any man run your life for you.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 4:45pm On Apr 01, 2008
Its like u guys did not understand me, i said we have been dating for six years. but now i am proccessing my school (university) so i told him to wait for me for sometime atlease for me to get admission.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Tattooboy: 4:52pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ poster
i will have say u're jobless but since u're female just gimme a holla may be i can consider u after the stunt
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigfather(m): 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2008
bigold:

Hello

i need somebody to help, i have been dating a guy for about six years now and he want us to get married as soon as possible but i am told him that i am still proccess my school but its like he is getting tired, what do u think i can do.

please help

What is the big deal there ? Abi school dey run away ?
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Dreloaded(f): 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2008
bigold:

Its like u guys did not understand me, i said we have been dating for six years. but now i am proccessing my school (university) so i told him to wait for me for sometime atlease for me to get admission.

Um how old are you?

admission into university, at most in Nigeria that's 17-18 years old

you've been dating for 6 years, that would mean you two have been dating since you're 12?

I'm confused. You're not helping with the half-assed replies
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by TheSly: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2008

Its still the same, maybe ur admission is taking ''forever''
If u r old enough to get married. . .u better marry him ASAP. . . .
Most guys are not ready to get married at all. . . u r very lucky!! wink
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Gbemyte(f): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2008
that is why is not always good to start a relationship at a tender age, help us to be able to advice u by telling us ur age, after that we ll serve as a guide for us to advice u.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by almondjoy(f): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2008
I think the poster has been "boxed" in a corner without walls! cheesy

What I find interesting is that the poster can maintain a 6 year relationship which is a serious accomplishment by any given standards but still "processing" an admission to a university.  

I can understand the boyfriend's concerns.  This is a very huge domestic and financial risk for the future!

@poster
Please, what are you processing? cheesy
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Zandra1(f): 12:14am On Apr 02, 2008
Poster, I must say that uve really tried by staying in a r/ship for six years. I know I cant do it cause I might be bored as hell so I commend u for that. Anywhoo, it depends on how strong or weak ur r/ship is with ur b/f. As long as ure over 18 and ready for marriage, I dont see anything wrong in being married while still in college. Besides, tell us ur age cause if ure 21 for e.g, I would say that since u sound so not-wunna-get-married-now, that u tell ur b/f to give u some time to be 'unmarried' till ure maybe 23 to 25. Oh, what am I saying!! u guys have already been together for 6 years. Oh Jeez, I dont know what to say. Infact, how old are u? Be back lerra with a berra advice.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Fadar(m): 5:47am On Apr 02, 2008
Dating for 6 years is almost like being married,
right now you can describe how to get to the guy's village while you are still asleep.
So marriage should not scare u for any reason,
unless u have a skeleton in Ur corner that might be "OPENDENTIAL", by the news of Ur
getting married.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by TOYOSI20(f): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

Its still the same, maybe your admission is taking ''forever''
If you're old enough to get married. . .u better marry him ASAP. . . .
Most guys are not ready to get married at all. . . you're very lucky!! wink

True that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for it if u r old enoughsmiley

Best Wishes cool
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by micklplus(m): 8:08am On Apr 02, 2008
poster,

How old are u?
Maybe u just found out u dont love him enough to want to marry him?
How long does it take to process admission?

My candid advice will be, since u have already dated him for six years, marry him while u have the chance with him and start "processing" and schooling in his house.

Cheers
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 9:04am On Apr 02, 2008
@ Tattooboy
u don't have to insult me, i asked u for advice and if u can't, find something to do.

@ Gbemyte

I am 2* years

@almondjoy

i want to do jamb, i have been doing some which i make but the screening mess me up.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 02, 2008
bigold, u come across as genuine. if i were u, i for no answer that age question. nonetheless, i understand the whole naija education thingy can be frustrating but i dont think thats a good enough reason for our ever ready yab-prone nairalanders from saying their piece.

o girl, marry that guy right now.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2008
@ OMO IBO

I really appreciate u a lot, thank u very much for ur advice
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by almondjoy(f): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2008
bigold:

@ Tattooboy
u don't have to insult me, i asked u for advice and if u can't, find something to do.

@ Gbemyte

I am 24 years

@almondjoy

i want to do jamb, i have been doing some which i make but the screening mess me up.

You are 24 years old.  You have been dating this guys since you were 18? I think the education thingy is to be put aside for now.  Just marry this dude so you do not lose 6 years of a relationship.  But the time you finish this university of a thing. . .like in the next 4-5years, I do not think you will be lucky to have a guy you have known for 6 years.  I would rather be married and work on my education while I am married.

"The screening mess you up"? undecided  What is screening?  Does that mean you scored like 50 out of 400 in the JAMB tests? cheesy
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2008
if im correct there are other ways of gaining admission to university. foundation, basic or pre-lim as it is called in naija. diploma and host of others.

u no suppose wait for jamb. anyways, send me my wedding Invite sha.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2008
@ almodjoy

thanks for your advice, sceening is post jamb, u know how education in nigeria is, after jamb u will do post jamb,

about my jamb my jamb result is very good but they said if i no get leg u know what i mean it will be very hard to enter school. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Blossomng: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2008
Please marry your guy and continued with your education , this is my candid advice. If ur man is educated
sure! he will understand. Best of luck and please dont mind the big mouths in Nairaland.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by jkpretty(f): 10:16am On Apr 02, 2008
Blossom-ng:

Please marry your guy and continued with your education , this is my candid advice. If your man is educated
sure! he will understand. Best of luck and please don't mind the big mouths in Nairaland.

Poster, take this.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by almondjoy(f): 10:30am On Apr 02, 2008
bigold:

@ almodjoy

thanks for your advice, sceening is post jamb, u know how education in nigeria is, after jamb u will do post jamb,

about my jamb my jamb result is very good but they said if i no get leg u know what i mean it will be very hard to enter school. cheesy cheesy

You have heard to overall verdict of the house.  Please marry your dude!  I understand about the JAMB thing and the educational process in Nigeria.  Just marry this man I beg. The only thing is that once the babies start coming. . .you may be derailed from this education thing for a long time if not forever.  I hope your guy would understand and you guys would work together to make this a priority in the future.

I know of a guy who was living outside of Nigeria, but his babe was in Nigeria. . . .from ma village. cool  He did not have a university degree but chose to "trade" instead.  He married this girl and assisted her through her education till she graduated. She had one baby while in school and had the other after she graduated.  She is now living in the foreign country with her husband.

Now the man is going to school to get his own education.  I hope you guys can work together.  But marry him first I beg! kiss

Goodluck and all the best!

I like you! kiss
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 10:42am On Apr 02, 2008
@ All especially almondjoy, Blossom-ng and jkpretty I really thank u for ur advice
God bless u all.
luv u
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by olanajim(m): 10:46am On Apr 02, 2008
Bigold,
I quiet understand you and of course you man's concern. I also understood what you mean by the jamb screening.

Let me put it this way, your guy is probably in the range of 28-30 year old. If I am right, I am afraid, you will lose him for good.

Education, in Nigerian University today must never be used as a mean of throwing away good guy. They are rare. Beside, you will still go for your NYSC and sit at home for sometime scouting for job after your graduation. For those who have seen it, it is not pleasant experience at all.

If your guy is ready for marriage and it accompanying responsibiliy, call him aside and talk to him. Let him know you want to further your education. Then, if he accept that, you have to bear the following in mind:
1. Your school must be close to your husband's home, that is if you are both living together. If not, expect him to make that request. You can be away from him only if he is trustworthy and can hold on. But since you are yet to gain admission, I strongly advise you to school where he live unless he think otherwise.
2. Why not try part time degree programme that would enable you to work and school? If you are in lagos, go to LASU.

Talk to him and let the two of you plan together. At 24, you are old enough to marry if the man is right for you.

One last word, is this guy educated? Or a school cert holder? Is he working or about to? Is he real and worth your plunge into marrital world? Can you trust him? Do you want him?

All these, need answers. And they would be part of your clue to arrive at solution.

You can marry him and still go to school if he is worth it and if you are responsible lady. You won't be the first to do it.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 02, 2008
bigold:

@ All especially almondjoy, Blossom-ng and jkpretty I really thank u for your advice
God bless u all.
love u

which kind thing be this? so i follow give u better advice and u no even acknowledge me.
this is unacceptable.
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by bigold(f): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2008
am really sorry my friend

i appreciate u alot, OMO IBO thanks very very much cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by hammers(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2008
poster
U'll most likely be at loss if u throw away a six year relationship.
U're a lady and age really matters here.
At 24 u should be more serious.
Education is key but should not hinder your relationship.

@his grace.

any sense in ur post?
Re: My Boy Friend Want Us To Get Married But: by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 02, 2008
bigold:

am really sorry my friend

i appreciate u alot, OMO IBO thanks very very much cheesy cheesy

ehen, now u r talking. i feel so much better now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? / Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? / 10 Qualities A Man Look For In A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.