Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10425 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by maclatunji: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2013
tpia@:
For example, the hadith about Prophet Mohammed not wanting to wake his cat.

I do not think I have ever come across such an hadith.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 4:03am On Dec 10, 2013
story then.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by kayword(m): 8:30am On Dec 10, 2013
tpia@:
For example, the hadith about Prophet Mohammed not wanting to wake his cat.

I think I can remenber hearing that story a long time ago. It was used as an example of the extremely kind nature of the prophet (saw) to even animals. Thats if the story is true though
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thanks @ all
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2013
What is the Islamic approach to music, singing, dancing, etc.

Are these frowned on?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2013
tpia@:
What is the Islamic approach to music, singing, dancing, etc.

Are these frowned on?

Yes. Dancing is haram in Islam.
As for singing, women are forbidden from publicly singing because their voices could cause fitna (tempation) to men. Men are allowed to publicly sing though.
Music generally is kind of allowed. Kind of allowed in the sense that music in which some musical instruments are used is forbidden. Some of such musical instruments are: piano, guitars, harp, xylophone etc. The generally accepted musical instrument in Islam is the Duff drum. So music which is accompanied by the Duff isn't haram.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 6:25pm On Dec 12, 2013
thanks.

I've always seen female muslim musicians though, cant remember ever hearing music is supposed to be forbidden in Islam, save for nowadays when some nlers are questioning it.

As for singing, women are forbidden from publicly singing because their voices could cause fitna (tempation) to men

can they sing if no men are present? Just curious.

on dancing, are there any muslim countries where nobody dances at all? I havent heard of any. Unless maybe afghanistan?

lastly, do strict muslims mind singing dancing and music done by non-muslims? What is the Islamic stance on this?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 12, 2013
tpia@:
thanks.

I've always seen female muslim musicians though, cant remember ever hearing music is supposed to be forbidden in Islam, save for nowadays when some nlers are questioning it.

can they sing if no men are present? Just curious.

on dancing, are there any muslim countries where nobody dances at all? I havent heard of any. Unless maybe afghanistan?

lastly, do strict muslims mind singing dancing and music done by non-muslims? What is the Islamic stance on this?

You're so welcome smiley
Yes, women can sing if no men are present. And on dancing; I don't think there is any country where nobody dances. it's just that Islamically, dancing is not allowed. It's an Islamic law but some people would choose to obey and others would choose to disobey it.
About singing and dancing done by non muslims; it's their life so they can do what they please with it but Muslims are not supposed to seek out such activities or performances by non muslims in order to derive entertainment. They are supposed busy themselves with the remembrance of Allah instead.

3 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Esji80(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2013
tpia@:

strict muslims?

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2013
What's your question?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by golpen(m): 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
tpia@:
What's your question?

I'm sorry if I'm intruding o, but my question for you is this ma.

Have you ever thought of finding your way into the religion of islam for once? Or better still what would be your answer if I invite you to join in the practice of this beautiful deen?

I've come to realise that you have a rational view which has enhanced your good rapport with muslims here. You ask questions and accept or question answers modestly. It's caught my likeness, hence these questions. Thanks.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 11:12pm On Dec 13, 2013
Its not really rapport you're seeing, folks are just being too polite to bid me good day, that's all.

I actually don't get along with a lot of people here but this section is currently one of the saner ones in the forum, so it isn't as rowdy as other parts. Almost like abroad sef, so to speak. You know, like when you compare nigeria to abroad.

As per converting, I wouldn't be in the section so often if I thought its my type people are looking for to convert to Islam.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Polio: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2013
tpia@:
Its not really rapport you're seeing, folks are just being too polite to bid me good day, that's all.

I actually don't get along with a lot of people here but this section is one of the saner ones in the forum, so it isn't as rowdy as other parts. Almost like abroad sef, so to speak. You know, like when you compare nigeria to abroad.

As per converting, I wouldn't be in the section so often if I thought its my type people are looking for. To convert to Islam.

Who wants to get along with Tpia? I am not surprised #Weirdo
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by golpen(m): 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2013
tpia@:

I actually don't get along with a lot of people here but this section is currently one of the saner ones in the forum, so it isn't as rowdy as other parts. Almost like abroad sef, so to speak. You know, like when you compare nigeria to abroad.

As per converting, I wouldn't be in the section so often if I thought its my type people are looking for to convert to Islam.

Hmmm that's serious...but I think there's still a chance. Nobody can tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate / On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.