Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10424 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 7:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
deSika:
there must be a reason for doing something especially wen its widespread and wen it has to do with religion every symbol has a meaning.
anyway u guys need to do more research on why such a symbol wud be accepted in islam.
why not full moon or only star or the sun. there must be a reason. ur job is to find out

At desika, this thread is not for debates. If u want that open a new thread. You can't be wasting people's time when you know d response to expect.

And you can't be claiming the seeker if you wont have an open mind to what they have 2 say
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
I don't know if this is the right place to post this. If it isn't then feel free to hide the post.

I read your answer on the other thread; thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate. You mentioned that women are also going to get male versions of houris. I want to know if there is an hadith where this is written and if so, could you could please post the hadith. I ask this because I have heard before in an Islamic sermon that houris are going to be exclusively for men and this is due to the fact that men are going to get more than women in paradise because men's duties in Islam are slightly more tasking than that of women (they do more compulsory salaahs and no breaks in their ramadans).

Is there an hadith that says anything about male versions of houris?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 08, 2013
^We can always try new things and besides this method of asking questions is likely to reduce hostilities and use of offensive words when non-muslims ask questions.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 08, 2013
deols: Salam Alaykum and Hello to Non-Muslims as well.

This thread is a special thread dedicated to compiling Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS) about Islam and getting them answered appropriately by Muslims.

Now, this is not a new idea and there have been some threads in the past that were created by some of our members for the same purpose.

Hence, we suggest that you go through these threads before asking any new questions. It is most likely that your questions have already been addressed in these threads:

1. Most Frequently Asked Questions About Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/152378/most-frequently-asked-questions-islam

2. Curious About Islam,facts About Islam
https://www.nairaland.com/359506/curious-islamfacts-islam

3. Questions For Muslims: For Those Who Want To Know
https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know

If you still have questions after viewing these threads, please feel free to ask them here. This thread is for questions only. Some questions and answers would be drawn from existing threads.

Answers would be provided on another thread, https://www.nairaland.com/1242159/answers-frequently-asked-questions-islam

If you want to provide answers to questions asked, please send the answer to deols001naija@yahoo.com. Alternatively, you can open a thread to answer the questions.

Thank you.

deols you or anyone is yet to answer my 2nd question na
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
kulyie: deols you or anyone is yet to answer my 2nd question na

Sorry. will see to it.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 11, 2013
what is the meaning behind the hijab?
and also why are there so many different variations?

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
In addition to that, it seems the reason why muslim women wear hijab is not spiritual, nor is it piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because muslim men are not required to cover theirs. What's stopping women or homosexuals from lusting after them?

And don't tell me they're to lower gaze because that would invalidate the use of hijab since nobody would be gazing at anybody. It wouldn't stop women and gays from lusting after them either.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 8:41pm On Apr 11, 2013
fellis: ^We can always try new things and besides this method of asking questions is likely to reduce hostilities and use of offensive words when non-muslims ask questions.
Yea, anything not to injure you muslims delicate sensitivity.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 12, 2013
Paris_Love: Yea, anything not to injure you muslims delicate sensitivity.

lol. . . .paris love. . . .welcome back from sabbatical smiley
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 4:50am On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin: what is the meaning behind the hijab?
and also why are there so many different variations?

Paris_Love: In addition to that, it seems the reason why muslim women wear hijab is not spiritual, nor is it piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because muslim men are not required to cover theirs. What's stopping women or homosexuals from lusting after them?

And don't tell me they're to lower gaze because that would invalidate the use of hijab since nobody would be gazing at anybody. It wouldn't stop women and gays from lusting after them either.

^^ interesting points/question!! grin grin grin

OP/Mods what's up? una nor go answer our questions? tongue
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 8:15am On Apr 12, 2013
fellis:

lol. . . .paris love. . . .welcome back from sabbatical smiley

Thanks. Just finished serving one those undeserved bans. I see you're good.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 8:17am On Apr 12, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

^^ interesting points/question!! grin grin grin

OP/Mods what's up? una nor go answer our questions? tongue

Give 'em time. Am sure they'll come up with something. grin
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 12, 2013
Paris_Love:

Thanks. Just finished serving one those undeserved bans. I see you're good.

Undeserved ban? grin grin grin

Anyway I'm fine thank you.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
fellis:

Undeserved ban? grin grin grin

Anyway I'm fine thank you.
You are welcome. smiley So is the answer to your questions here satisfactory?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
Paris_Love:
You are welcome. smiley So is the answer to your questions here satisfactory?

I still need to clarify some things but I will get my answers elsewhere, not here.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ParisLove1: 5:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
fellis:

I still need to clarify some things but I will get my answers elsewhere, not here.

Alright. Good luck with that.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2013
Paris_Love:

Alright. Good luck with that.
thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deSika(m): 5:04am On Apr 13, 2013
deols:

At desika, this thread is not for debates. If u want that open a new thread. You can't be wasting people's time when you know d response to expect.

And you can't be claiming the seeker if you wont have an open mind to what they have 2 say
my apologies. but again u answered my questions which gave room for more questions.
#anyways since u consider my offspring questions as debates, derailing and not worth answering on this thread. am gona be asking them indivdually by creating their threads. and i wud oblige u to come answer them there. as uv nt been answering many of my threads. thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by yunuspeace: 1:51am On Apr 19, 2013
Salam Alaykum everybody, I am Yunus n I have a question for us all. (hope am in the right page wink)
I want to know if its wrong to propose to a muslim sister that you know has already been proposed to by another brother that you have not met before?

Question above will ready help me, if I receive accurate response. The big deal here is that am in love with a muslim sister that I know has been proposed by another brother Ive not met before. Ive tried to avoied her, even not talking to the sister in question here, but everytime I stay away from her, she complains and ask me what the problem is n why am avoiding her. I am only avoiding her because I know she has a guy already and I dnt want to interfere.
please can i get relevant response?
Thankz!!!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by maclatunji: 1:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
yunuspeace: Salam Alaykum everybody, I am Yunus n I have a question for us all. (hope am in the right page wink)
I want to know if its wrong to propose to a muslim sister that you know has already been proposed to by another brother that you have not met before?

Question above will ready help me, if I receive accurate response. The big deal here is that am in love with a muslim sister that I know has been proposed by another brother Ive not met before. Ive tried to avoied her, even not talking to the sister in question here, but everytime I stay away from her, she complains and ask me what the problem is n why am avoiding her. I am only avoiding her because I know she has a guy already and I dnt want to interfere.
please can i get relevant response?
Thankz!!!

Your question has been answered:

https://www.nairaland.com/1242159/answers-frequently-asked-questions-islam#15363062
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by funnyx(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Not sure if this topic shoould be here?
https://www.nairaland.com/1266604/no-water-him-let-him
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by pointblank321: 3:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
[Shakir 6:115] And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.

Shakir 10:64] They shall have good news in this world's life and in the hereafter; there is no changing the words of Allah; that is the mighty achievement.

Here Allah stated clearly that His words cannot change.

[Pickthal 16:101] And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.

Here Allah was changing His words by replacement after He had said His words cannot change.

(1)Unanswered Questions:

Why did Allah (if God) tell a lie? Can God lie?
Why was He inconsistent by changing His revelations? What happened to the ones earlier revealed that needed to be changed? Errors? Can God commit errors?

[Pickthal 5:101] O ye who believe! Ask not of things which, if they were made known unto you, would trouble you; but if ye ask of them when the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made known unto you. Allah pardoneth this, for Allah is Forgiving, Clement.

[Pickthal 5:102] A folk before you asked (for such disclosures) and then disbelieved therein.

(2)Unanswered Questions:

What questions did some muslims ask and what did they discover that made them turn away from Islam?
What secrets are there in Islam that only those who are ignorant of them remain in the religion?
Why would Allah forbid muslims from asking questions in search of truth as you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free?

Many hadiths have it that Muhammad was tormented three times and each of the times he almost gave up the ghost when he first had contact with Gabriel.

(3) Unanswered Questions:

Why would Muhammad be tortured to be sent good news?
What has good news got to do with punishment?
It is bad news that is associated with punishment, good news is expected to bring joy, why was Muhammad's case different?

[Pickthal 96:1] Read: In the name of thy Lord Who createth,

[Pickthal 96:2] Createth man from a clot.

[Pickthal 96:3] Read: And thy Lord is the Most Bounteous,

[Pickthal 96:4] Who teacheth by the pen,

[Pickthal 96:5] Teacheth man that which he knew not.

(4) Unanswered Question:

How did Allah teach Muhammad by pen (in writing) and yet he remained and died an illeterate man?

Abraham lived and died in Israel, not Arabia. Ishmael was sent out of Israel and went to settle in Arabia (Genesis 21:14). How is it that it was Abraham and Ishmael who jointly built Kaaba in Arabia?

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Islam: The Unanswered Questions
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by maclatunji: 4:36pm On Apr 25, 2013
^You already created a thread for these questions here https://www.nairaland.com/1264183/islam-unanswered-questions and were ignored because it is obvious from your style of writing that you want to argue rather than to learn. This thread is for people that want to ask questions to genuinely learn not for those who want to argue and debate ceaselessly.

It is better for you to separate your questions from your opinions and ask clear questions at a time not muddled-up ones. Are you asking questions or making assertions? If you insist they are your questions, rephrase them clearly. If you want to give opinions, this is not the thread for that.

Thank you.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by dexmond: 6:15pm On May 22, 2013
Is prophet Muhammed in heaven or hell?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by dexmond: 7:13pm On May 22, 2013
The prophet Muhammed said every human has a jinn as companion including him, and that he has subdued his own qareen by allahs help, that the jinn now enjoins him to do good.

Question.

Can one convert a demon into an angel?

Can one summon a demon like magicians do, subduing it and using the demon to his advantage?

Sheik Maclatunji and Vedaxcool can enlighten us.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by vedaxcool(m): 7:48pm On May 23, 2013
^
Jinns, are similar to the human race, good people bad people, good jinns, bad jinns! Bad person repents and becomes good, bad jinn repents and becomes good jinns, . . ., like humans, jinns sole purpose of creation is to worship Allah! And all shall be Judged by him!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by dexmond: 8:02pm On May 23, 2013
vedaxcool: ^
Jinns, are similar to the human race, good people bad people, good jinns, bad jinns! Bad person repents and becomes good, bad jinn repents and becomes good jinns, . . ., like humans, jinns sole purpose of creation is to worship Allah! And all shall be Judged by him!
Tanx vedaxcool for ur explanation. Are jinns demons? How can a Muslim convert his jinn?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate / On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.