Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10426 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by vedaxcool(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2013
I don't know how you convert what you cannot see! Jinns are part of the unseen world!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Decelebrity(f): 5:08am On May 24, 2013
slam,pls y is it dat we Muslim women has to endure and watch our husband marry many women?even when it is not convient with us,we jst have to pretend.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ayenny02(m): 6:56am On May 24, 2013
dexmond:
Question.

Can one convert a demon into an angel?
[Allah created many creation and among his creation are Jin (demon) and angels. A creation can never change a creation, Is only Creator can change His creation]
dexmond:
Question.

Can one summon a demon like magicians do, subduing it and using the demon to his advantage?
Magic in all its forms is haram (impermissible) according to all divinely-revealed laws, and there is scholarly consensus that magic and learning magic are haram. 

Magic goes against that which the Messengers brought and it opposes the purpose for which the Books were revealed. ]
dexmond:

Question.

Can one summon a demon like magicians do, subduing it and using the demon to his advantage?

Sheik Maclatunji and Vedaxcool can enlighten us.
Allah says: 
“Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the shayateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic…”[2:102]
This proves that magic and to use it to his advantage is kufr (disbelief)
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by dexmond: 7:07am On May 24, 2013
vedaxcool: I don't know how you convert what you cannot see! Jinns are part of the unseen world!

Ok. what roles do they play in the lives of men seeing that the prophet said each man has his own jinn including him.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:30am On May 24, 2013
Why are Muslims aggressive towards non Muslims?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ayenny02(m): 7:40am On May 24, 2013
Decelebrity: slam,pls y is it dat we Muslim women has to endure and watch our husband marry many women?even when it is not convient with us,we jst have to pretend.
Firstly, Who are Muslims?
A Muslim is one who freely and willingly accepts the supreme power of God and strives to organize his life in total accord with the teachings of God.

Muslim is one whose needs conform to the Qur'anic commands and those of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and one of His command is Q4:3
........... Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

The point is, as Muslim women, we know that Allah has permitted the man to take as many as four wives, as long as he is able to meet certain conditions as set by Allah. Sadly, in spite of the emotions involved, it is as simple as that. It is the prayer of any sincere muslim woman to be able to hear and to obey, hence in this case also, we hear and we prat to obey.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2013
Decelebrity: slam,pls y is it dat we Muslim women has to endure and watch our husband marry many women?even when it is not convient with us,we jst have to pretend.
I tire o. Even me sef am wondering this one. In paradise the men get to marry even more wives and that increases the number of women their wives share a harem with. On earth it is just four, in paradise it is way more than that.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2013
Paris_Love: In addition to that, it seems the reason why muslim women wear hijab is not spiritual, nor is it piety. Covering the hair/face cannot be considered an act of modesty because muslim men are not required to cover theirs. What's stopping women or homosexuals from lusting after them?

And don't tell me they're to lower gaze because that would invalidate the use of hijab since nobody would be gazing at anybody. It wouldn't stop women and gays from lusting after them either.
The Hijab was first prescribed for men.Allah said in the glorious Quran in surah Al-Nur 24;30-''Tell the believing men to lower their gaze(from looking at forbidden things)and protect their private parts(from illegal sexual acts).That's purer for them.Verily,Allah is all-acquainted with what they do''.
Prophet muhammed(pbuh) said when a man looks at a women and a lustful thought comes into his mind,he should lower his gaze,but If he looks at her unintentionally,then the first look is permitted,but he shouldn't look at her the second time in order to look at her beauty which is forbidden.

Sister,Hijab is not a scarf or head tie.Then for women,surah Al-Nur 24;31-''And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be
modest,and to display of their adornment only that which
is apparent,and to draw their veils over their bosoms,and
not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands
or fathers or husbands' fathers,or their sons or their
husbands' sons,or their brothers or their brothers' sons or
sisters' sons,or their women,or their slaves,or male
attendants who lack vigour,or children who know naught
of women's unclothedness.And let them not stamp their feet
so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment.And turn
unto Allah together,O believers,in order that ye may
succeed''.
The criterias for wearing Hijab in islam are six.They are;
1)For males,they must cover their body from the shoulders up to the ankles;For females,the entire body should be cover,the only part that can be seen is the face and hands up to the wrists.Some scholars said the face too should be covered,but it's not fard(compulsory)but mustahab(highly recommended).
2)The clothes must not be too tight that it will reveal the figure.
3)It must not be too glamorous that it will attracts opposite sex.
4)It must not be transparent that people can see through it.
5)It should not resemble the opposite sex.
6)It must not resemble that of disbelievers.
And Hijab doesn't deal with dressing alone,it also deal with how you talk,how you interact with people of your sex and opposite sex,how you walk etc.It deals completely with modesty.....Peace
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ayenny02(m): 8:13am On May 24, 2013
dexmond:
Are jinns demons?
The Qur’an and Sunnah indicate that jinn exist, and that there is a purpose for their existence in this life, which is to worship Allah Alone with no partner or associate. Allah Almighty says: “And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans, except they should worship Me (Alone).” (Adh-Dhariyat: 56)

Scholars are in disagreement over the difference between jinn and demons. Some of them say that the word jinn goes far to encompass the jinn as well as the demons. The word also includes believing and unbelieving jinn. Allah Almighty says, “And among us there are righteous folk and among us there are far from that. We are sects having different rules.” (Al-Jinn: 11) “And there are among us some who have surrendered (to Allah) and there are among us some who are unjust. And whoso hath surrendered to Allah, such have taken the right path purposefully.” (Al-Jinn: 14)

However, the word demon or shaytan is used to refer to the unbelieving ones among the jinn. Allah Almighty says, “…and the devil was ever an ingrate to his Lord.þ” (Al-Isra’: 27)

The world of the jinn is an independent and separate world with its own distinct nature and features that are hidden from the world of humans. Jinns and humans have things in common, such as the ability to understand and choose between good and evil.

The word jinn comes from the Arabic root meaning “hidden from sight”. Allah Almighty says: “… Verily he (shaytan) and his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe see you from where you cannot see them…” (Al-A`raf: 27
dexmond: How can a Muslim convert his jinn?
just follow what Allah said and the Sunah of the prophet[quote author=dexmond]
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 8:30am On May 24, 2013
fellis:
I tire o. Even me sef am wondering this one. In paradise the men get to marry even more wives and that increases the number of women their wives share a harem with. On earth it is just four, in paradise it is way more than that.
Holy moses. Who told u you'll retain ur physical nature after death? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh my God
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:17am On May 24, 2013
toba: Holy moses. Who told u you'll retain ur physical nature after death? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oh my God
Who told you we won't?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 11:57am On May 24, 2013
This thread is for questions only
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 25, 2013
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ayenny02(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2013
dexmond:

Tanx. You said the unbelieving Jinns are referred to as demons or shaytan. What do you call the believing Jinns?
s cholars are in disagreement over the difference between jinn and demons. Some of them say that the word jinn goes far to encompass the jinn as well as the demons. The word also includes believing and unbelieving jinn.
Jins are creatures created by Allah. Among them are kafirs (non-Muslims) and believers. They can see us but we cannot see them. They eat, have children and die. Allah says (interpretation of the meanings): 

‘O you assembly of jinn and mankind!’ [6:130] 

‘And the jinn, We created aforetime from the smokeless flame of fire’ [15:27] 

‘”And of us some are Muslims (who have submitted to Allah, after listening to this Quran), and of us some are al‑qaasitoon (disbelievers those who have deviated from the right path)’. And whosoever has embraced Islam (i.e. has become a Muslim by submitting to Allah), then such have sought the right path.

And as for the Qaasitoon (disbelievers who deviated from the right path), they shall be firewood for Hell”’ [72:14-15]
dexmond:

Also, You did not tell us the reason why Allah gave each man a Jinn, is it for protection, companionship, guidance or what?
, you only spoke of the reason for creating them as well as human, which is to worship Allah. Do jinns live inside humans?
“The Arabic word Qareen has two meanings. It may mean a friend or a companion, as stated in the following verse: “A speaker of them saith: Lo! I had a comrade.” (As-Saffat: 51) i.e. (I had an unbelieving friend who was trying to lead me astray during my life).

The other meaning of the word Qareen is the demon permanently assigned to each person during his/her life whose job is to seduce human beings. Allah Almighty says: “His comrade saith: Our Lord! I did not cause him to rebel, but he was (himself) far gone in error.” (Qaf: 27) i.e. the devil assigned to seduce him will say: “My lord! It was not me who seduced him at the beginning, but it was he himself who preferred blindness to guidance. So, I helped him achieve his goal through seduction.”

In one hadith, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) tells us that a demon is assigned to every human being: “There is no one among you but a comrade from among the jinn is assigned to him.” They (the Companions present in that occasion) said: “Even you, O Messenger of Allah?” He said: “Even me, but Allah granted me victory over him and he became Muslim (or: and I am safe from him), so he only enjoins me to do that which is good.”

In order to get rid of such demon comrade, one should continuously recite the Qur'an, particularly the verse of Al-Kursi (verse number 255 of Surat Al-Baqarah), and the last two verses of the same Surah.
dexmond:

Do jinns live inside humans?
Yes, base on the hadith of the Prophet related by Jabir, our Prophet said: Do not pay a visit to the women whose husbands are not with them because the devil moves inside your veins just as your blood does.

what are the main reasons why jinn possess humans?

The reasons are as follows:
1. Walking around the house naked.

2. Being isolated and unprotected by the prophetic morning and evening prayers.

3. Entering the toilet without the fortifying prayers because the toilets are among the dwelling places of the jinn.

4. Pouring hot water on the jinnee without mentioning Allaah’s name.

5. Going without making the fortifying prayers to areas of the jinn, like mountain tops and garbage dumps, hurting them by urinating on them or stepping on them etc

Allahu a'lam

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by dexmond: 3:01pm On May 26, 2013
^^^^
Do you have a Jinn living in you too?

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 27, 2013
fellis:

So toba, how do you know that sleep is the same thing as death? Have you died before?
We all die daily my dear. ask anyone

Are u conscious enough to know the exact hr, min and sec that you'll see? The diff is that sleep is transient, death is eternal
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 27, 2013
Conscious - Merriam- Webster Online perceiving, apprehending, or noticing with a degree of controlled thought or observation
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 12:03am On May 28, 2013
toba: We all die daily my dear. ask anyone
Are u conscious enough to know the exact hr, min and sec that you'll see? The diff is that sleep is transient, death is eternal
Death is not sleep. When you sleep your internal system and organs are still functioning. When you die they stop and never restart. The body is in a different state during sleep than it is in death.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 28, 2013
fellis:
Death is not sleep. When you sleep your internal system and organs are still functioning. When you die they stop and never restart. The body is in a different state during sleep than it is in death.
you're still not talking. Can state where exactly u are during the period of sleep? if ur sleep lasts 5 hrs, can consciously tells what ur physical body is or what its doing?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 28, 2013
^Bia, sleep is not the same thing as death. I told you the reason before. There is no need to start a complicated discussion with the aim of making the two states look the same.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 29, 2013
fellis: ^Bia, sleep is not the same thing as death. I told you the reason before. There is no need to start a complicated discussion with the aim of making the two states look the same.
You seems not to get me at all. Im making a comparison with two states that's very similar. Right now I'm responding to you but when i leave my Kboard and sleep off, i cant tell anything again till i regain consciousness after waking up. During the transient sleep, the only thing that comes to mind is dream which may not conform to reality.

We are talking about Heaven/paradise whether this conscious body will be able to carryout normal activity after death. im simply telling u with that comparison that the answer is No.

Going spiritual, we have body soul and the spirit. The soul gives life to the body but the physical aspect that carries out activities like having s2ex, eating, driving is the physical body and once there's an end to the body, the soul/spirit aren't physical entities that can eat, have sexx etc.

If u cant do anything with ur physical body whilst sleeping, then u can never do anything with a dead body. I'm sure you've lost an older person above 70 before or people below 70, there bodies are already decayed. If you saw them in ur dreams, that's not reality but in the spirit world. Same will happen after death

simple
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 29, 2013
If u cant do anything with ur physical body whilst sleeping, then u can never do anything with a dead body

A sleeping person can still respond to stimulus and react to their surroundings. A dead person cannot do that.
Sleep and death are not the same thing.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Nobody: 7:43am On May 30, 2013
fellis:

A sleeping person can still respond to stimulus and react to their surroundings. A dead person cannot do that.
Sleep and death are not the same thing.
Pls be real now.

Ok here's something for you Sleep and Death are Brothers

By G. de Purucker

Sleep and death are brothers, according to the old Greek proverb. However, they are not merely brothers, born of the same fabric of human consciousness, but are in all verity one, identical. Death is a perfect sleep, with its interim awakenings of a kind, such as in the devachan, and a full human awakening in the succeeding reincarnation. Sleep is an imperfect fulfillment of death, nature's prophecy of the future death. Nightly we sleep, and therefore nightly we partially die. Indeed, one may go still farther and say that sleep and death and all the various processes and realizations of initiation are but different phases or operations of consciousness, varied forms of the same fundamental thing. Sleep is largely an automatic functioning of the human consciousness; death is the same, but in immensely greater degree, and is a necessary habit of the consciousness in order that it may gain for the psychological part of the constitution a resting and an assimilation of experience.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 12:30am On May 31, 2013
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by deols(f): 12:46am On May 31, 2013
God willing, after this warning, all forms of derailment will not be taken lightly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate / On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.