Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) (10430 Views)

3 Things You Love About Islam / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Hoaxes And Fabrications On Islam And Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ummsulaym(f): 12:16am On Oct 30, 2013
Then, why fear it might get hidden Anyways, question understood lipsrsealed
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 1:02am On Oct 30, 2013
because it was hidden before?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Sissie(f): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
@tpia, some of us communicate via e-mails to ask questions and check on each other.

Personally as Muslims, we are an ummah, and as such if someone who post frequently isn't heard from, I think we should check on that person, to know how they are doing.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2013
You are quite correct and i agree even as an outsider.

If gender is an issue, then people of the same gender could do the checking.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by ummsulaym(f): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2013
I don't know if this has been asked/answered before because I can't scroll up to find out(bear with me.)

Overview;
I've heard people say ''when I wake up in the morning, I pray(salat) before greeting anyone.'' I don't know if it's their desire to just make it so since fajr is early enough such that everyone's business will still be confined within the room(except the males who go to the masjid) till after fajr before we meet, then greetings exchanged... It's become so, so normal that I wonder if any islamic text has made it so. I find myself practicing this with all seriousness too(sometimes, I dulge my parents for this if I haven't prayed fajr)... I've been doing that till this morning when after waking up, I decided not to go back to bed since it was few minutes to 5 and soon, time for fajr but I don't know how I ended up sleeping and fajr was slipping. My mum came to my room and said ''Aren't you going for karatu(which is by 6:30)? Wake up and pray if you haven't because time is almost gone(it was pass 6).'' I stood up, looking at her and couldn't say 'goodmorning' cuz I haven't prayed fajr(she left though, without noticing.)

Now you get the full gist and hence, my question;
What does Islam(Qur'an and Hadith) says about this cuz I don't know why I am doing that?

#Thanks
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
ummsulaym: I don't know if this has been asked/answered before because I can't scroll up to find out(bear with me.)

Overview;
I've heard people say ''when I wake up in the morning, I pray(salat) before greeting anyone.'' I don't know if it's their desire to just make it so since fajr is early enough such that everyone's business will still be confined within the room(except the males who go to the masjid) till after fajr before we meet,then greetings exchanged... It's become so,so normal that I wonder if any islamic text has made it so. I find myself practicing this with all seriousness too(sometimes,I dulge my parents for this if I haven't prayed fajr)... I've been doing that till this morning when after waking up,I decided not to go back to bed since it was few minutes to 5 and soon, time for fajr but I don't know how I ended up sleeping and fajr was slipping. My mum came to my room and said ''Aren't you going for karatu(which is by 6:30)? Wake up and pray if you haven't because time is almost gone(it was pass 6).'' I stood up, looking at her and couldn't say 'goodmorning' cuz I haven't prayed fajr(she left though, without noticing.)

Now you get the full gist and hence,my question;
What does Islam(Qur'an and Hadith) says about this cuz I don't know why I am doing that?

#Thanks
It's an habit that has become an integral of you.I haven't come across any verse of the Quran nor any sayings of our beloved prophet Muhammad(pbuh) that says you must offered Fajr solat before greeting people.It's just a choice you've made which has become part of you and to me,there's nothing wrong with it.But don't dodge your parents when you clash with them sometimes,greet them even when you haven't offer Fajr because if you keep dodging them and it becomes too often,they may think you are being rude not knowing it's just a practice that has become part of you.
So,you can keep to your practice but seriously I'm hearing this for the first time and always greet your parents even when you haven't offer Fajr solat.
#just saying.Salam alaikum.

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 1:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by khattab02: 10:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
nice thread here! Keep the good job Op and others. Jazakallahu khairan!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by harmeenart(f): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Just yesterday,I started thinking deep about using relaxers to soften the hair.Not that I'v not thought about it before,but I was of the opinion that since I'm comfortable with my hair being natural,why add relaxer.When people ask me why I leave my hair natural,thats what I tell them.And If they ask to put relaxer on theirs,I tell them if they can avoid it,fine, but if the hair causes problem,then they can.I based my response on the fact that there are two sides of opinion,some people say its permissible yl others say its not.Those who say it is not permissible say you are altering the creation of Allah.
My questions are:
1. Cant relaxing the hair to make it softer be compared to someone born with a dry and scaly skin,who uses cream to soften it?
2. Since it is a general rule that everything that has nothing to do with worship is permissible,except when there is an evidence against the act.Is there any evidence that makes it not permissible?
Jazakumullahu khyran.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
harmeenart: Just yesterday,I started thinking deep about using relaxers to soften the hair.Not that I'v not thought about it before,but I was of the opinion that since I'm comfortable with my hair being natural,why add relaxer.When people ask me why I leave my hair natural,thats what I tell them.And If they ask to put relaxer on theirs,I tell them if they can avoid it,fine, but if the hair causes problem,then they can.I based my response on the fact that there are two sides of opinion,some people say its permissible yl others say its not.Those who say it is not permissible say you are altering the creation of Allah.
My questions are:
1. Cant relaxing the hair to make it softer be compared to someone born with a dry and scaly skin,who uses cream to soften it?
2. Since it is a general rule that everything that has nothing to do with worship is permissible,except when there is an evidence against the act.Is there any evidence that makes it not permissible?
Jazakumullahu khyran.

There's no hadith of prophet Muhammad(pbuh)forbidden the use of relaxer.Softening the hair with relaxer isn't Haram and it doesn't fall under the category of altering Allah's creation.Altering Allah's creation is the making of Tattoos,making gap within the teeth etc.If prophet Muhammad(pbuh) could permit the dyeing of hair to any color other than black,then I don't see any reason why relaxing the hair should be Haram.
Abu Hurairah(May Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet(pbuh) as saying:Whoever has hair should honor it.[Related by Abu Dawud].Relaxing the hair can be classed as honoring the hair,even the use of cream or oil as used by the prophet(pbuh) could make the hair softer than it was before and Allah knows best.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by harmeenart(f): 4:33am On Nov 11, 2013
lanrexlan: There's no hadith of prophet Muhammad(pbuh)forbidden the use of relaxer.Softening the hair with relaxer isn't Haram and it doesn't fall under the category of altering Allah's creation.Altering Allah's creation is the making of Tattoos,making gap within the teeth etc.If prophet Muhammad(pbuh) could permit the dyeing of hair to any color other than black,then I don't see any reason why relaxing the hair should be Haram.
Abu Hurairah(May Allah be pleased with him) reported the Prophet(pbuh) as saying:Whoever has hair should honor it.[Related by Abu Dawud].Relaxing the hair can be classed as honoring the hair,even the use of cream or oil as used by the prophet(pbuh) could make the hair softer than it was before and Allah knows best.....Peace
Jazakumullahu khyraan fi dunya wal aakirah.Thanks for the clarification. It really helped.

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by khattab02: 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah. What is the ruling of bathing completely naked? Or is there anything wrong bathing completely naked? Jazakallah!
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2013
khattab02: As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah. What is the ruling of bathing completely naked? Or is there anything wrong bathing completely naked? Jazakallah!
Waleikum Assalam Waramatullah Wabarakatu.There's nothing wrong bathing naked provided that you are taking your bath in a confined place.There are reports that the prophet(pbuh)bathed naked but if you are in an open area,then it's compulsory to cover one's Aurah and Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by cheruv: 8:59am On Nov 14, 2013
I've some questions for Eslam and muslims in general
1)In the Yatriv,the earliest muslims worshipped on the Shabbat just like the Yahud..why dd muhammad change it to friday towards the end of his life?
2)Why do muslims face makkah during worship instead of Yerushalayim as they previously dd?
3)My friends tell me that Eslam is a religion of peace but why do muslims wage war instead of preaching to kaffirs as christians do?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2013
cheruv: I've some questions for Eslam and muslims in general
1)In the Yatriv,the earliest muslims worshipped on the Shabbat just like the Yahud..why dd muhammad change it to friday towards the end of his life?
Please,can you give us evidences from authentic sources that the earliest muslims in Yatrib worshipped on Sabbath day like the Yahudis(Jews)??Jummuah(Friday) which means a day of congregation and it's an order from Allah(swt) and not the prophet(pbuh)'s desire.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Surah Al-Jummuah 62:9 -O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salat (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer),come to the remembrance of Allah [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salat (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing),that is better for you if you did but know!.This is the command for Jummuah.
It was also recorded in the hadiths of prophet Muhammad(pbuh) on the authority of Abu Hurairah(May Allah be pleased with him):Narrated Abu Hurairah(May Allah be pleased with him):I heard Allah's Apostle (pbuh)saying: "We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it.
So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect:the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

2)Why do muslims face makkah during worship instead of Yerushalayim as they previously dd?
Facing the Kabba during solat is also an order from Allah(swt)[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:149-150] and He(swt) changed the direction of worship from Masjid Al-Aqsa in Jerusalem to the holy mosque in Makkah.Allah says in the glorious Quran in
Surah Al-Baqarah 2:142-143 -The fools (pagans, hypocrites,and Jews) among the people will say,What has turned them (Muslims) from their Qiblah [prayer direction (towards Jerusalem)] to which they were used to face in prayer.Say (O Muhammad SAW):To Allah belong both,east and the west.He guides whom He wills to a Straight Way.
Thus We have made you [true Muslims],a Wasat (just) (and the best) nation,that you be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) be a witness over you.And We made the Qiblah (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face,only to test those who followed the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger).Indeed it was great (heavy) except for those whom Allah guided.And Allah would never make your faith (prayers) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem).Truly, Allah is full of kindness,the Most Merciful towards mankind.
.So changing the Qiblah was from Allah(swt) and a test for the believers.
3)My friends tell me that Eslam is a religion of peace but why do muslims wage war instead of preaching to kaffirs as christians do?
Truly,Islam is a religion of Peace.Muslims do preach Islam to people that are unaware of the message of Islam.Allah says in the glorious Quran in Al-Imran 3:104 -Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islâm),enjoining Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden).And it is they who are the successful.

Surah An-Nahl 16:125 -Invite (mankind) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Quran) and fair preaching,and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly,your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path,and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.
.So,muslims also preach Islam to non-muslims and Allah doesn't permit muslims to fight non-muslims unless they fight us on the account of our religion.Allah says in Surah Al-Mutahanah 60:8-9 -Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes.Verily,Allah loves those who deal with equity.
It is only as regards those who fought against you on account of religion,and have driven you out of your homes,and helped to drive you out,that Allah forbids you to befriend them.And whosoever will befriend them,then such are the Zalimun (wrong- doers those who disobey Allah)
.So,preach to non-muslims,live peacefully,deal justly with them and fight them where they fight you[Surah Al-Baqarah 2:190] and Allah knows best.....Peace

2 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by cheruv: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Since the end of the ottoman caliphate in 1924,there hasn't been any other caliph?what's the plans of the world 2billion muslims towards establishment of one?
Another is the issue of Israel...does muhammad recognise the part of the torat that gives the Yehudim,eretz yisrael as an enduring waqf?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2013
cheruv: Since the end of the ottoman caliphate in 1924,there hasn't been any other caliph?what's the plans of the world 2billion muslims towards establishment of one?
There are many muslims in the world today and sects which supposed not to be.So,for muslims to be under a single Caliph is almost impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:18am On Nov 14, 2013
cheruv: Another is the issue of Israel...does muhammad recognise the part of the torat that gives the Yehudim,eretz yisrael as an enduring waqf?
Waqf is an Islamic endowment of property to be held in trust and used for a charitable or religious purpose.Can you please expantiate on what you meant by prophet Muhammad(pbuh)recognizing the Torah being an enduring Waqf?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by khattab02: 11:24am On Nov 14, 2013
lanrexlan: Waleikum Assalam Waramatullah Wabarakatu.There's nothing wrong bathing naked provided that you are taking your bath in a confined place.There are reports that the prophet(pbuh)bathed naked but if you are in an open area,then it's compulsory to cover one's Aurah and Allah knows best.
Jazakallahu khairan! Thanks for answering.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Esji80(m): 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.
My fellow muslim brethren I want
know what Islam says about:
1. Wishing christians merry xmas
2.Eating xmas food,drinks,meat etc.
Jazakumullahu khaira
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 6:38am On Dec 07, 2013
Esji80:
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.
My fellow muslim brethren I want
know what Islam says about:
1. Wishing christians merry xmas
2.Eating xmas food,drinks,meat etc.
Jazakumullahu khaira
Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullah Wabarkatuhu.According to what Dr. Zakir AbdulKarrem Naik said,wishing christians merry xmas will be haram and even sending xmas cards.It's like attesting to the fact that 'Jesus' is the son of God because they claim they are celebrating the birth of 'Jesus' which is according to them is the son of God.
So wishing them merry xmas will be going against the Aqeedah of Islam because Allah begets not nor was he begotten.Furthermore,Christmas has no basis whatsoever in christianity and that's why many christians today are condemning it.It has a pagan origin which is no more than the birth of Mithra.Moreover,we have only two eids in Islam.
But one may say but the food of the people of the Book(Christians and Jews) were made lawful in the Quran,can we eat xmas food? According to some scholars,eating the food of the people of the Book(Christians and Jews) are lawful but not on the day of their festivals.They are even lawful when the animal has been slaughtered according to the Sharia.Hope this answer helps and Allah knows best.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by Esji80(m): 7:19am On Dec 07, 2013
^^^ jazakallahu khair
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 7:20am On Dec 07, 2013
Esji80: ^^^ jazakallahu khair
Wa Iyyakum bro.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 3:27am On Dec 09, 2013
What's the significance of cats in Islam?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 11:10am On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:
What's the significance of cats in Islam?
No important significance is attached to cats than they are creatures of Allah and deserved to fed and catered.We read about a story of woman that was punished because of starving a cat to death.
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar(May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle(pbuh) said:A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger.
Allah's Apostle further said,(Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman),You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up,nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth.(Sahih Al-Bukhari Book Number 40,Hadith Number 553)
These are the rights of animals that you keep as pets in Islam,feed and cater for them.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 6:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
^ thanks, why are cats specifically singled out for mention though.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 6:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:
^ thanks, why are cats specifically singled out for mention though.
Singled out to be fed and catered for? Or what? Can you please re-frame your question?
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 6:53pm On Dec 09, 2013
Why are cats specifically mentioned, and not any other animal or type of pet.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by lanrexlan(m): 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:
Cats are the common pet in arabia that time.There is another hadith that says children can play with birds,that means birds can also be kept as pets.
Narrated Anas(May Allah be pleased with him):The Prophet(pbuh) was the best of all the people in character.I had a brother called Abu 'Umar,who I think had been newly weaned.Whenever he (that child) was brought to the Prophet the Prophet used to say,O Abu 'Umar! What did Al- Nughair (nightingale) (do)?" It was a nightingale with which he used to play with.[Sahih Al-Bukhari Book 73,Hadith Number 222].A nightingale is songbird and is allowed as a pet.
Pets are all allowed,except those animals that are impure like dogs and those animals that have been prohibited as pets by prophet Muhammad(pbuh).
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by maclatunji: 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
tpia@:

It would help a great deal if you could quote the places where cats are mentioned.

Thank you.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
For example, the hadith about Prophet Mohammed not wanting to wake his cat.
Re: Ask Your Questions About Islam And Muslims Here. You Are Highly Welcome :) :) by tpia5: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let Us Celebrate / On Zakatul Fitr / COVID-19: Ruling On Praying With Gaps In The Rows For Fear Of Catching The Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.