Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

the secret of Female Waist Bead - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / the secret of Female Waist Bead (24924 Views)

Very Surprise: See The Reason Why African Women Wear Waist Bead, Will Shock You / This Girl Claims She Has The Tiniest Waist And Biggest Booty In Lagos (see Photo / 10 Categories Of Female Virgins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by CrazyMan(m): 11:58am On Apr 05, 2013
Idowuogbo: I wear it to entice my bobo gbola.
Hmmm
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Morgan1092(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
Mr..Cork:

MORGAN..bro..no oofesese but u look like our former electrician...is yor name Yusuf??smiley
Knocking on ur head kpom kpom kpom
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2013
lol
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Idowuogbo(f): 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2013
CrazyMan:
Hmmm
hmmmm x2
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Popowaa: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
I love waist beads like crazy.it makes your waist and yansh look attractive and colourful and i heard it turns men on.
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 05, 2013
I so hate it !
Nansense undecided
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by kufreabasi(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05, 2013
There is no question that you can find a lot of stories about the traditions and customs associated with African waist beads. These traditions span the centuries. Of course beads themselves have had a huge part in the history of Africa for hundreds of years. They may have firs texisted in materials like bone, teeth and stone, which may seem primitive to use. They expanded to include glass, ceramic, and even gemstones.

They were also used to trade and even to pay for slaves,gold, property and other valuable items through North and Western African for many years.The African variety appear to have their origin with the Yoruba tribe in Africa. This tribe has migrated to Nigeria. Ghana, however is pretty much attributed to be the bead production capital of the world. Yoruban women consider theirs to be "of the earth", even the source of life. Some believe that they will help protect pregnant women or even provide birth control as did their ancestors many years ago.

There are names associated with different types of beaded chains for the waist. Some of the names are: Giri-Giri, Yomba, Jigida, Jel-Jelli, Bin Bin, Ileke idi and Djalay Djalay.

African women still wear them today to protect themselves from negative energy. They are steeped in the old traditions that attribute the beads to having healing properties. The colors of the rainbows are considered to have balancing properties when used in the crafting. Special powers have even been attributed to those who wear them by the Orb of Djenra. If you know what you are doing, adding certain semi-precious stones can help you heal particular ailments.

Waist beads are created to be worn below the belly. You can find them made with just about any kind of shell, gemstone, glass, plastic, pearl or even clay or wood. Women of all shapes and sizes wear them.

Some women even use them as an instrument in losing weight. When the strands start getting tight it's time to do something about your weight. This practical idea has also filtered down from the early African tribal women - and it is one that still works today.

While you will find many tales that are steeped in tradition, certainly modern culture has adopted the wearing of them. Some prefer to wear them under their clothing only to be see by themselves or their spouses. Others flaunt them on bare bellies or even over their clothing.
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by blissBee(f): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
I wear waist beads cus it helps me to check my weight....anyway my guy likes it too & i dnt c anyfin wrong wif it.
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Morgan1092(m): 3:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
blissBee: I wear waist beads cus it helps me to check my weight....anyway my guy likes it too & i dnt c anyFIN wrong WIF it.
Phonetics or wht? Smh
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by blissBee(f): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Morgan1092: Phonetics or wht? Smh
....its called shorthand writing duh!
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
Idowuogbo: I wear it to entice my bobo gbola.

grin grin grin
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by GalaxyNoteII: 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
I like it. cool
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by GalaxyNoteII: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
blissBee: I wear waist beads cus it helps me to check my weight....anyway my guy likes it too & i dnt c anyfin wrong wif it.

Nice concept.

1 Like

Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by AdeniyiA(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2013
there is /was a waist bead being used to prevent/ check 'unauthorised' access by deactivating d intruding 'rod' when it hasn't bn giving d green light- i.e d trespassers.
ANY INTERESTED LADY SHUD CONTACT.
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by joe4christ(m): 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
My babe wears it, and it's kinda sexy. I think i likey!
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Caracta(f): 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2013
Una dey try. How many adornments on a single and slim body? I don't like waist beads. I can't even imagine them on my waist. It would probably give me the same feeling with wearing wristwatches. Gosh! No way!
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2013
Picture, please, there are people like me who don't know what you are talking about
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 06, 2013
2 of my girls wear it, and I find it sexy and attractive, I have not cared to ask why ? I will find out why.
Re: the secret of Female Waist Bead by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 06, 2013
chocoyetey: I wear it, but d chain type n its because my man likes it
I also compelled my woman to wear it, thou' its d chain types and not local ones. I love it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What To Do If A Married Woman Is In Love With You? / 7 Ways To Get Your Man To Propose Marriage To You / "get Married To Someone Who Loves You And Not The One You Love"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.