Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26288 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by bamto(m): 4:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Wow...just few minutes ago, my aunt lost all her 3 phones (a BB inclusive) at a wedding. She had kept the three phones in a purse and left it in her car. While she locked the driver's door; the other side was, unknown to her, left unlocked by her sister. Few minutes into the church service, when she returned to pick her phone, alas, the purse was gone! They were all switched off immediately. Someone stated that the BB can be traced using the pin. Is that possible?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by modextus(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
I know this thread wouldn't seem to make sense to many but trust me it does. the outside world have termed us bad...but I don't think dahs the reason we are changing....I tiiiink. its a touch from God grin ....prayers are yielding results.

Well..my phone was returned to me some months back before christmas. It was even in the market and we all know that's the least place to expect your phone back after you've misplaced it. I didn't even have the slightest of faith that I'll get it back but surprisingly enough it was returned.

I also misplaced my phone 2years back and it was also returned by a cab guy....but the guy suffer me ehnngrin. And op I must confess ur looking dashy..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by touchmeder: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Never lost my phone thanks be to jah most high but i got 2stories to tell.

Someone called my number (using a family's member's phone. i'd call her B) and said the owner of this phone just forgot it at so so and so place. I was stunned. I thanked him and said i will call the line back shortly as i was at work. Since I could not reach B, I called a mutual friend who decided to pick it up for B during her lunch break as she was closer to the location the phone was found. B returned home with a long long face only to see her phone.We had done all the hard work for her grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

I got a call from a stranger who informed me of a missing phone belonging to my sister who lived in another city. As i could not reach my sister, i called her husband and advised him to pick up the phone.All was done and dusted in less than 30minutes.

Good people exist in every part of the world though none of these stories happened in Naija

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Guddy(m): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Just a day for my S2 to be 4 months old I almost lost it to pick pocket. I took a keke and I mistakenly left the phone in my pocket (cos I usually hold it in my hand). I didn't know that the guy sitting next to me to my left was up to something.

It was a Sunday money and I was going to church. I past my church with the intention of going to the nearest ATM to withdraw my tithe so I can pay it that morning. All of a sudden the guy told the keke man to drop him at the next bus stop (which was not where he told the keke man he was going initially). I was so off guard and my thoughts were far gone as my head was thinking about so many things at a time.

Immediately, the keke man ask me to check myself very well to make sure nothing is missing. Lo and behold my phone was no where to be found except my small Nokia phone. I immediately got out of the keke and took a, quick scan of the area with my eyes. I saw the guy moving swiftly and was about to start running the moment he saw me. I started giving him a hot chase along side the keke man (with an iron pole in his hand) and the other passenger.

The guy stopped running and started walking towards our direction with the phone in his hands. B4 he got to us he knelt down and was begging that he saw the phone on the floor of the keke and he decided to take it since he did not know the owner (as if he asked for the owner). I quickly took the phone from him and was just wondering what just happened. The keke man has already started hitting him with the iron pole and people were gathering to start beating him up.

I was the one who intervened for him and ask them to allow him to go. The guys around didn't life my decision but some of them gave him a sound warning with a little bruises on his body. I was short of words actually. If not for the keke guy and God who used him to alert me, I wouldn't have been using this my S2 to type this now.

2 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
My testimony is that my phone was taken and is yet to be returned.

I know the phone must come back soon. I never steal person own.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by mysticgal(f): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
i lost my expensive phone to a jazzman,he just asked me to give him the fone with my password,and i did give him *hmmmm*
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by starbuck(f): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
2 weeks back in osha , housing estate to b precise , A girl mistakenly dropped her BBZ10 4rm d bike without her notice bt luckily 4 her I was on ma way home wen I saw it . I picked it up bt 2 ma uttermost surprise, 3 dudes came 2 claim d fone dat d lady was coming 4rm Deir house , I was jst totally confused bt as smart as I was , I told dem dat dey v 2 contact d lady family if actually dey know her,dey left d fone 4 me wen dey saw I was not ready 2 giv it up .
Meanwhile , wen d lady found out dat she has lost her fone , she called her fone nd I told her 2 come pick it up in ma house thou it was late in d nyt , she had 2 sleepover in ma house on dat fateful day

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
I was surprised that the danfo driver of a bus I boarded yesterday was talking to a passenger that lost his phone a day earlier, telling him to come for his lost purse. surprisingly, the purse has thousands of naira in it according to him and also a phone. he has to call many people from the phone to really get the owners contact. I was impressed when I asked him why he did that because: it is very uncommon, he said he will never steal any of his passengers property,incase it was misplaced,and it has never be in his character.
some are very honest.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by freecocoa(f): 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: In Naija? Unbelievable
Duh!

There are still very good and honest people in naija, fear no go even gree some people like us thief another person property grin.

Though I forgot my purse sometime ago in cab and that was the end of it.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by jereal(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Lost my phone and wallet on different occasions in the city of Jos...on each occasion, got them back on the next day. The driver even went as far as taking one of the passports in my wallet to the security office in my school, since he dropped me at the university's gate...eventually I got it back, not a dime was missingsmiley

3 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by jhydebaba(m): 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
God help u to steal blackberry and use it, infact, add a female and also arrange to meet her.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by kilmix: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
Honestly I don't like saying the good things ve done cus I believe God is the ultimate rewarder, but ve returned more than 2fones to their owners. My mum too has done same. And ve also inspired my friend to do same..and he has also done dat on 2 occasions. He always tell pple hw I thought him to do dat(mind you I learnt dat as I grew up, and lastly am a Jehovah's Witness)

4 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
^What has being a JW got to do with anything?

4 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by awa17(f): 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
Speaking of phone, i cannot categorically say whether it is luck, but i believe its just the Mercy of God,coz i lost my BB twice and twice the persons who picked it returned it. i have a bad habit of driving and leaving my phone on my lap when i make a call,and when i reach my destination the phone slips and falls. this has happened twice and the Almajiri(s) who found them returned it, the first one returned it to the family i went to visit while the second took it to his mallam who contacted me to pick up my phone. no one has told me now to always leave my phone in the bag even when it rings grin grin grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Richy4(m): 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
It seems Abuja got lots of classy and Honest cab drivers. abi na luck?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by modextus(m): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
starbuck: 2 weeks back in osha , housing estate to b precise , A girl mistakenly dropped her BBZ10 4rm d bike without her notice bt luckily 4 her I was on ma way home wen I saw it . I picked it up bt 2 ma uttermost surprise, 3 dudes came 2 claim d fone dat d lady was coming 4rm Deir house , I was jst totally confused bt as smart as I was , I told dem dat dey v 2 contact d lady family if actually dey know her,dey left d fone 4 me wen dey saw I was not ready 2 giv it up .
Meanwhile , wen d lady found out dat she has lost her fone , she called her fone nd I told her 2 come pick it up in ma house thou it was late in d nyt , she had 2 sleepover in ma house on dat fateful day
kai! Guy dis one na lie unba!!!!

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
most of these abokis are honest peeps to the core!!!!
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ylaa(f): 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
kaslaw: Dis decbemer in d villa i lost mah phone nd a man picked it as i called nd ask me mah fadas name hole nd behold he brought d phone 2 mah house

god bless the man. him never corrupt yet.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by kilmix: 4:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: ^What has being a JW got to do with anything?
A lot... It made me hv such mindset and also ability to inspire my friends to follow suit. Thanks for your observation.

2 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by modextus(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: Duh!

There are still very good and honest people in naija, fear no go even gree some people like us thief another person property grin.

Though I forgot my purse sometime ago in cab and that was the end of it.
eheem freecocoa just incase you don't know thr was a thread abou yhu earlier today.... Sm1s havn a crush on you cheesy https://www.nairaland.com/1248682/nairaland-crush#15107228
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by FXKing2012(m): 4:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
ladunsky:
no comment
Wetin? You had better comment ooo
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
I got my pocket picked in yaba market sometime ago, kept on calling and pleading but the 'agbero' no gree.
Ws in my villa last two years and my phone got stolen by a certain village LADY, I called her pleaded with her both in english, pidgin and igbo but to no avail! After some weeks I found out the tw.at ws using my phone and sim card to ask my frnds and family for cash! Called her and pleaded with her to get rid of the sim. The stewwpid village champion told me she'll "consider it",..jst imagine . I then visited mtn and permanently blocked dat line
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Blizzy9ja: 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2013
earlier dis week i was watching a movie on my fone wen it went off cuz d battery was low, i left it on my bed and went out to switch on the generator, wen i came back 2 charge it, my BB9900 was gone. I searched evrywer in d house, even checked google but it was no where 2 be found. Im still waiting 4 my own miracle so i can testify.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Rufex07(m): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
i have seen and returned 4 phones in the last 6 years but lost two of my phones in d last 4 years but never returned. Anyway, d joy and hapiness i see in d folks makes me fulfilled. God dey.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ok now let's see how honest Nigerians are, my brother lost his bold 5 yestday in a cab, we been calling ba its switched off since then, so my test begins from now...
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Daresh(f): 4:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
I left my brand new phone in a cab once. The cab driver picked it up when I called and told me was in surulere. He brought it bk for me after he dropped his passenger. The next time I went to the joint near my house and left it there. Two guys picked it and recognized my face as d wallpaper. I didn't know them but they knew me. They returned the fone to me when I called. Thank God.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Codedboy95(m): 5:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
starbuck: 2 weeks back in osha , housing estate to b precise , A girl mistakenly dropped her BBZ10 4rm d bike without her notice bt luckily 4 her I was on ma way home wen I saw it . I picked it up bt 2 ma uttermost surprise, 3 dudes came 2 claim d fone dat d lady was coming 4rm Deir house , I was jst totally confused bt as smart as I was , I told dem dat dey v 2 contact d lady family if actually dey know her,dey left d fone 4 me wen dey saw I was not ready 2 giv it up .
oga yhu neva finish dix story O

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by CUIzundu(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
There are still gud pple in dis Nation,I
Have lost a couple of fones(6600,curve 3 n 3310)
Just like u rigthly said,I have lost a fone 2
A taxi driver in china, so theft dey evry where
Likewise good pple.most of all I miss my 3310
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by POLICECAP: 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
modextus: And op I must confess ur looking dashy..... cheesy

with those words, you sound so fake
The world hate guys who gets easily distracted. I wonder how you take magnify d pic.

Back to topic.....

One good turn Deserves another....whilst the existence of kama. The fact that you found sm1's fone does not necessarily mean yours would be found in return. Your payback can come in another form. So keep doing good.!!
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2013

U Fu.ckkk free punny
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ceejay80s(m): 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
boron10: in abuja, northern parts of naija and some parts of lagos, you are likely to get your phone back once you misplace it in public. The same cannot be said in the eastern part of naija. Misplace your phone in igboland, then your phone is gone for good.
dumb talk, i lost 3 phones in a year in 2005 and the western part of naija are the ones who answered my phone when i called, how did i know? Answer: their acsent

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.