Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26293 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by nenergy(m): 9:22am On Apr 07, 2013
shevon: Sometime in 2009 I went to drop off my girlfriend (now my wife) at her dad's and we were robbed in front of her house. I lost my HP Ipac and a Nokia locked to Starcomms, which the guys later threw away. Someone found it, called a friend at my office and I went to get it back. Was glad to have back sha.
This is exactly what landed a "samaritan" 4 years incarceration in kirikiri.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by mopol2(m): 9:31am On Apr 07, 2013
Thank God that's in abuja bt here in lagos ? A lagos area boy will never return a wallet wit no money noT to talk of fone and laptop ..smh
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Goldpeas(m): 9:38am On Apr 07, 2013
Yeah we have the GOOD,BAD and UGLY.... Last week i was in a cyber cafe and i got hold of a misplaced BLOD5.....hoping the owner was going to call d phone before i leave d net but he didnt.....just wen i got home, a number was callin and i had no choice dan answerin, it was him and i told him where to meet me to collect his phone.... I cant claim ownership of what is not mine....

2 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Sike(m): 9:42am On Apr 07, 2013
Shoo! Phone?! Abi mo ti return e ni?? -_-
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2013
Acts like these are are rare in Lagos. When they say Nigeria is corrupt, they're most often referring to Lagos. It's not that there are no criminal elements in other parts of the country, it's just that they're nothing compared to those in Lagos. I remember a day i entered a bike in Ibadan and when i got to my destination, i mistakenly gave the guy 1,000 naira instead of 100 naira and he left only to come back and look for me to return the money. That's something that's rare in Eko O ni baje.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by NeuroBoss(m): 12:26pm On Apr 07, 2013
Scarpon: for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??
Na your kind we dey talk about. Expecting to gain from others' misfortune. You'll have your reward.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by mrborntodoit: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2013
boron10: in abuja, northern parts of naija and some parts of lagos, you are likely to get your phone back once you misplace it in public. The same cannot be said in the eastern part of naija. Misplace your phone in igboland, then your phone is gone for good.

Mr i too know, how can you judge the whole eastern part of the country from your selfish point of view? grow up and stop this tribalism and pointing fingers, you are too old for this kinda thing
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2013
nenergy: January 2012, 2 phones (3 sims) slide out of my pocket while returning from an aptitude test. I didn't pass the test and was moody. Didn't notice until i got home. Kept calling the "stupid finder" but he kept posting me. From his voice he probably was an area boy. Having your missing phones returned is a function of the kind of person who finds it 1st.

Secondly, returning missing phones in Nigeria can be risky business. I read in the news of how a girl spent 4years in kirikiri for returning a "missing phone". The owner had lost many other things that day and accused the girl of "stealing" them.

Lesson: in returning a missing phone; have the owner come to you, not you going to them. Make sure you ask them to carefully explain how they might have lost the phone,so no police wahala. And have witnesses with you when doing the exchange.

Its unfortunate if the girl actually spent 4 years in kirikiri for a crime she knew nothing about. However It seems there is more to her story because i doubt if someone would be that heartless to arrest a girl who found and returned a missing item exceptif a crime was committed in the process.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by FXKing2012(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2013
D damsel: dat's nt true. good pple are evrywhere. I lst a phone 2 mnths ago here in d east. It ws actually stolen bt d thief was caught trying 2 steal anoda phone by some studnts. Abt 3 stolen phones were discoverd. I thought i hd lst my phone 4 gud wen those studnts contactd my mum n she in turn called me through my oda line. I recoverd my phone.
Sign that you are blessed and covered.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by elari(m): 4:11pm On Apr 07, 2013
Lost my fone n delta last yr novemeber(batch C) at the NYSC camp. Nokia C7. My shuttle was torn and the fone removed. Even though camp soldiers raised hell and threaten fire, d fone no commot.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Elxandre(m): 12:54am On Apr 08, 2013
Seen a nokia heavyweight smartphone and returned it while i was using a 3110..stealing is not part of me
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Fajzay: 1:55am On Apr 08, 2013
Scarpon: for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??
You have just named ur price ... so cheap. Pple have found stuffs worth more than that and yet returned it. If stealing / greed doesn't lie within u or in ur blood, you'll return another man's property if found
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Fajzay: 2:25am On Apr 08, 2013
DJDOLA: D fone am usin now I saw it on a cab I off it later remove d sim put my own sim start usin it..pls if d owner of d Iphone5 is here pls can u pls explain how am goin 2 use dat application dat forcast weather plssssssss

Mr Thief, don't worry, he'll soon catch u via d icloud app. Just wait till u make dat foolish mistake of ...
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by harmlessphil(f): 4:46am On Apr 08, 2013
Yes there re really some honest nigerian out there I ve never taken anyting tat is not mine, I can remember wen d new bb I just bought fell in a bus I alighted frm @ mile 2 I never knew until I got home tat was wen I notice its not there calld with my sisters phone lo and behold d conductor picked and told me to meet him up @ mile 2 my fellow nairaland friends tat was how I got my first bb back.so there re really honest nigerians
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 2nedo(m): 9:10am On Apr 08, 2013
2007 my nokia1100 fell from my leaking pocket on top bike.A gud samaritan coupled it, pursued me with bike n hand it back to me.Oh Halleluyah......what a wonderful recovery
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by bluefilm: 12:27am On Apr 22, 2022
iyatrustee:
my younger sister once forgot her fone in a cab. She realised almost immediately and called the line and because she sat in front, it was easy for the cabman to see it. The man picked and all he told her was[b]"if. na for ur house i drop u, then u no get shame to dey find wetin don lost. Let sleeping dogs lie!"[/b] angry

I don't understand this statement at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.