Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26289 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Abrantie: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
godjohnson: i left my nokia 3310 on the counter of a very busy restaurant,i found it a month later on the exact spot grin
And there was a note attached " Mr. godjohnson, we apologize for letting you forget your phone. Enclosed is N10,000. Please use it to patronize our establishment in the future."
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Fishout(m): 9:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
there are two different occassions dat l have seen phone along d road in oshogbo nd returned it to d owners.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by freecocoa(f): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
1ndidi2: Its good to be polite o! Too much shakara no dey pay

Hmmm! Around 5pm today I read this thread and passed through,didn't plan on commenting.

A few hours ago,I went to print somthing from my mailbox @ a cybercafe! I noticed a group of guys(3)staring @me especially one ofthem.
He chatted me up and we got talking as I was browsing.,later I left and he saw me off!

When I got to my stop and he asked for my digits! Gbam! Yay! Couldn't find my phone!!!

Quickly I used my other phone to call d missing one and luckily som1 Picked.
The guy then called his friends who were back @ d cyber gisting about him leaving his business to pursue woman.

Luckily they were d ones with d phone and I walked back down to the cafe and got my phone under 1 condition that I would attend another friends wedding with them(they had invited me before the incident o,but I no gree).this time I gree diesmiley

I give God all the glory for not doing shakara.
Lmao grin.

You get luck say your shakara spirit been dey attend meeting when e happen, your phone for enter voice mail.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
boron10: in abuja, northern parts of naija and some parts of lagos, you are likely to get your phone back once you misplace it in public. The same cannot be said in the eastern part of naija. Misplace your phone in igboland, then your phone is gone for good.

What has the North got to do with it?
My friend called an Aboki to come and mend her clothes (those ones that carry sewing machines on their shoulders). After mending the clothes, she dropped her blackberry on the chair and went inside to get his money to pay him. On coming outside, the Aboki and her Blackberry had disappeared. At least he left the clothes.

It gets me wondering...what is an Aboki doing with a blackberry?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by dammytosh: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
indrija: Lost my iphone 4s last week in lagos in a bus.guess my pocket was picked as I was paying the driver and I lost consciousness of hw it happend..I rily believe in miracles and have faith that I'lld find it.av found people's fones for dem before in buses and returned it to them.and I knw karma rewards generously.d 4s is locked to tmobile germany incase u come across any iphone 4s locked to tmobile germany.

When you could have controlled your gadget appetite and save for a car. Iphone 4s inside Lagos bus. If i see u there i go tear u slap collect am 2. grin grin grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Destinymmi: 10:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost mind on my way back 4rm market, along d road i saw someone own i called d owner 2 picked it up
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by boron10(m): 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
poshdiva:

What has the North got to do with it?
My friend called an Aboki to come and mend her clothes (those ones that carry sewing machines on their shoulders). After mending the clothes, she dropped her blackberry on the chair and went inside to get his money to pay him. On coming outside, the Aboki and her Blackberry had disappeared. At least he left the clothes.

It gets me wondering...what is an Aboki doing with a blackberry?
I believe the Aboki isn't a Nigerian. He's either a Nigerien or a Chadian. However, if you read my post well, you would note that the emphasis was not on the tribe but the region.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Valto(m): 10:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
i av misplaced my phone in the bus on my way from onitsha to asaba. i called and a woman picked it and told me where to come and collect it at nkpor.(the woman entered the bus on its return trip to nkpor and saw it on the floor of the bus) i went there and collected my phone . she refused to collect any reward.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by luluosas(m): 10:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
Exceptional Nigerians I must tell you. Anyway, I will humbly do the same if in their shoes. I remembered some years ago when I lost my Samsung phone (the blue phone with Athena) on my way from fetching water. When I got home and couldn't find the phone, I quickly called customers care to lock the Sim (I regretted doing so anyway). On the following day, I was surprised to see a young girl, who brought the phone right to my place. So, there are still honest and God fearing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by adesharon1: 10:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my fone last year while I was driving along alternative route oniru,I came out of my car to fixed my wiper,not knowing that my fone fell off from my laps. I started looking for the fone ,at the same time calling the number
,I quickly call a friend to take me back to that spot, i was also calling the number,to my surprised a man picked my call and he told me is on his way to airport. I told him I'm the owner of the fone,I also explained how it got lost. He promised to return it but later he sent text that I was too careless,I was begging from mrn till nite. later he told me he will not release it. I was really annoyed,that is how I sent a text that nobody is above mistake and that I handed everything over to God. The guy was very annoyed and reply that I'm showing my ego as a woman. All my colleges were chatting with him and begging. I have made up my mind to block the line the next day,that is how my friend call me to hold on a little,that the guy will release it. One of my friend later calling him and he told her I should come and meet him somewhere around lekki,I waited at the same time sending him sms to describe myself. I waited for like an hour before the guy show off and dropped my fone. I was very happy and I gave the guy a very nice hug. This is my story
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by azpekuliar: 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
Blizzy9ja: earlier dis week i was watching a movie on my fone wen it went off cuz d battery was low, i left it on my bed and went out to switch on the generator, wen i came back 2 charge it, my BB9900 was gone. I searched evrywer in d house, even checked google but it was no where 2 be found. Im still waiting 4 my own miracle so i can testify.

Lolz...Funny. Which reminds me, when we lose things in that temporary state of 'madness' we begin to search places we never would have left them in the first instance.

I have lost 4 phones. A Nokia 2100 (flourescent), Nokia 1600 & 2 Nokia E71s. The Nokia 2100 got stolen when I feel asleep doing all night 'jacking' in school. The phone was returned to me through a proxy a few weeks later. Mostly because it was on it's last legs and barely functional. I thanked the fellow though and never even used the phone again.
The other 3 all followed the same pattern, mostly due to my carelessness anyway, lost in commuter buses, they never came back!
But for this Apple iPhone 4 wey I dey use for well over a year now, I would need to be physically dispossessed of the phone to ever let it go.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 1ndidi2(f): 10:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: Lmao grin.

You get luck say your shakara spirit been dey attend meeting when e happen, your phone for enter voice mail.

Na why I dey give God da glory grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Soso990240(m): 10:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
No big deal..i returnd nokia 3310 twice last year ..mk dm carry their wahala de go
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by jude33084(m): 10:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
nosike3: Phone? Bwahahahahahaaha!!! I have lost 2!!
The first one fell from my pocket in my street, I called,begged the person,promised him money due to the fact that the fone was expensive(nokia E5 I brought the week of its arrival to nigeria) all to no avail.. What hurts most is that the person that took the phone was a igbo brother and speaking igbo to him resulted to nothing.. This happen a day after my birthday.. Oct 6 2012
The second one.. January 2nd... After a crazy day at badagry beach, I had to much to drink,someone pickpocket me due to th fact my guard was down!!! Bold 5 wakka like that..

undecided
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by adconline(m): 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
specialguest:

And what's wrong with the word CAB? Well they are also called drop, so do you expect me to say "drop man"?
I think u are in order by calling it CAB. Drop is one of those Naija ways of assigning name.. Just like saying End of Discussion and most folks think that this is an official name from Honda.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by sweetnigga(m): 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
supaeagles:
eya, sorry about your 4s bros, hope you are reunited with it soon. but you just return from western germany and you come climb bus for lagos? you strong oh!
Germany special ? No bi 5yrs aduro dem de do b4 turning to scavengers ? I tire o!
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Tinyemeka(m): 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
Case 1, 2 and 3. I don't swear but I am 100% certain that those cab drivers were Hausa. I can vouch for their honesty. A significant majority of them though. Not all.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ManTiger(m): 11:04pm On Apr 06, 2013
i never lost a fone and got it back but i always refund any fone seen.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by tellwisdom: 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
Abeg go sitdown angry.. Your own no pass taxi. Una no dey enter molue or keke napep?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 1stola: 11:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
[size=16pt]"we assumed the worse had happened which is the cab guy or another passenger had found the phone and kept it to himself."[/size]

^^^^
MUST IT ALWAYS BE HIM
GIRLS, UNA NO DE STEAL
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by yuzedo: 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2013
Well I've founded somebody nitel phonebooth for the pezin I return it becos am honest. U don't see me backing like duck for dem to praise me. Is natural sometin call dignity and integritin undecided
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by deekseen(m): 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
Just today at the depot i lost my phone. An elderly man (though we know each other, he didn't know it belonged to me) found out. He didn't tell anyone about it but was watching to see if anyone would look for it. Providence made me take the path where he was standing cos i was tired of searching and was about going home. I couldn't thank him enough. My Blackberry makes alot of things easier for me and it wouldn't have been funny if i had lost it.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Have misplaced my phones (different phones and time) four time in Kano state and it was returned to me intact, my wallet was misplaced twice and the first person returned intact and the second person said he picked it on the road and call my number that was written on my wallet, the little cash was gone, but my Atm cards were still intact.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by megachuks(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2013
Mine happened 2 weeks ago, I was on top of a bike and my blackberry phone slipped of my pocket, though. It was curve 2. I was no longer compose, I could not do anything I tried calling the line but it was switched off. I was now thinking of to retrieve my sim card. 3 hrs later, my wife called the line and a man picked the call, she explained with a low voice that the phone belongs to her husband. To cut long story short, the man explained how he saw the phone scattered, and he coupled it. The man later gave me my phone. I offered him money, but he refused.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by geezyk(m): 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
DonHummer:
see ur mouth ...d day it will happen to you ''oge me gi vooom na anya''

As 4 da topic..i dnt see any big deal dere...once u lose ur fone, gettin it bak only depends on who saw it first...we hav good pple nd bad pple evrywere...u cant loose ur fone in a place like oshodi nd expect a miracle to happen....even if u are a prayer worrior
Guy,na wetin oshodi do u?? Just cos you've heard hearsays up and down,doesn't mean its true.. Come into d streets of oshodi,and u'll see some really good people...
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by MacLovington(m): 12:04am On Apr 07, 2013
I lost a blackberry inside a London bus. I rang and the person picked. An Asian/possibly Pakistani voice. He did as if he wasn't hearing me properly. Then switched off. End of story.

As a student in Europe, a girl forgot a nice mobile phone on the computer desk. i found it and kept an eye on it. She called the phone. On hearing a blackman's voice (she was one of those Europe-born blacks), she seemed to panic. I said come to computer room and collect it. She rang again over 4 times in the next 15 minute (perhaps to check if turned off). She came running and sweating and I said, hey you are the one who forgot the phone. I said can you call the number again for me. She did and I said it's yours.

Come and and see the surprise on her face. She thanked me effusively. They are usually brainwashed to even hate their fellow blacks/Africans.

21 years ago here in Europe, a very nice, religious Igbo guy (religion had a meaning then) found a portfolio full of Swiss Francs, Deutch Marks, French Francs, Pound Sterling and Dollars in a phone booth. The total was about 790,000 French francs (roughly £79,000).

He returned it all to La Poste (where you traditionally returned lost and found goods of value, apart from the police). He even refused to leave his details to avoid been traced for a reward.

He didn't want to go the police because you cannot refuse to tell the police your identity/details. In any case, the friendly policemen in the nearby commisariat knew all of us as they used to pop in for a chat with people in the neighbourhood.

Some people advised him to just return to Naija with the money........he was in his 40s... with several kids and a wife in Naija. He just laughed and said the devil is a liar.

Anyone who labels Nigerians as generally dishonest people must be a bigot. Nigerians are not more dishonest than other people of comparable level of development.

4 Likes

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by hardeyincah(m): 12:50am On Apr 07, 2013
I misplaced M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Visafone worth 1500 four years ago and was returned back to me yesterday. U̶̲̥̅̊ won't believe everything was still intact... Mtchew
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by hardeyincah(m): 1:03am On Apr 07, 2013
dammytosh:

When you could have controlled your gadget appetite and save for a car. Iphone 4s inside Lagos bus. If i see u there i go tear u slap collect am 2. grin grin grin
They hear dis I never chop.... Iڪ Iphone 4s 500K ni?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 07, 2013
specialguest:

And what's wrong with the word CAB? Well they are also called drop, so do you expect me to say "drop man"?
shey english na ur papa language?
Y u dey correct person 4 here. Besides, cabs are absolutely correct. Short 4 taxi-cab

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 07, 2013
specialguest:

shey english na ur papa language?
Y u dey correct person 4 here? Besides, cabs are absolutely correct. Short 4 taxi-cab
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by globatop: 2:50am On Apr 07, 2013
my brother lost his bb in abj, he did not notice untill manny hours after his arrival in lagos, the finder responded by returning it to airline office on lagos where it was retrieved. the cost of phone may not be as valuable as the informations it contain, lets contain the greed in us.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by shevon: 2:59am On Apr 07, 2013
Sometime in 2009 I went to drop off my girlfriend (now my wife) at her dad's and we were robbed in front of her house. I lost my HP Ipac and a Nokia locked to Starcomms, which the guys later threw away. Someone found it, called a friend at my office and I went to get it back. Was glad to have back sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.