Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26291 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by beentarh(f): 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
Scarpon: for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??

will bb porsche or Iphone 5 solve yr family, spiritual, mental, financial or psychological problems? Mumu/Ode, dts why u refuse to grow nd they will be shouting there problms are the leaders, imagine wht an insensible follower said.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by andyanders: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
Scarpon: for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??

Poverty at work. I no blame you because of your situation, you don hammer abi? Ole. Remain poor.You saw people returning what do not belong to them and you are here talking rubbish to pick the one you will steal.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
okpara ugo: My testimony is that my phone was taken and is yet to be returned.

I know the phone must come back soon. I never steal person own.
Eeyaa,don't worry,if it doesn't come back,God is gonna give you a better one.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by DJDOLA(m): 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
D fone am usin now I saw it on a cab I off it later remove d sim put my own sim start usin it..pls if d owner of d Iphone5 is here pls can u pls explain how am goin 2 use dat application dat forcast weather plssssssss
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by sanandreas(m): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
coordinator:

Get the message and not the ""error" as you would claim
so
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2013
Nigerians aint that bad.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by gwas(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: In Naija? Unbelievable
It happens. We still have wonderful people in this country.
I've lost three phones. One in 2004, another in 2012, the last in January2013.
I got them back except 2012.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Bofemsky(f): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
kaslaw: Dis decbemer in d villa i lost mah phone nd a man picked it as i called nd ask me mah fadas name hole nd behold he brought d phone 2 mah house
This is what happens when you abbreviate your words a lot, check your spellings.

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by qplus(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
For 1 returned phone there r 1million unreturned ones
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Ryda(m): 5:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
specialguest: Phone Testimony: A story of 2 good samaritans who returned misplaced phones

Just this April I witnessed two incidents where misplaced phones were returned back to the owners. Both incidents happened in Abuja. So am wondering are Nigerians becoming more sincere or were they just lucky to have their phones returned to them?

Case 1. A friend forgot her blackberry phone in a cab sometime in November last year. After she got home she searched in her bag but couldn't find the phone before she remembered the last time she used it was on her way home while in a cab. Immediately We started calling the number consistently but there was no reply. A few hours later, after about 100 retries the phone was turned off and we assumed the worse had happened which is the cab guy or another passenger had found the phone and kept it to himself. So she forgot about it because we all knew its gone.

Fast forward to April 2013 almost 5months after the incident, an unknown number called her mother and said he was cleaning his car when he saw a phone beneath the back seat, after charging it he went through the call log and saw a number that was saved as "mum" and he copied it and dialled from his phone since my friend"s sim was no longer valid because she had done a welcome back since November.

Anyway they gave him an address to bring the phone to which he did and honestly we were all amazed infact when she told the cab guy that the phone had been lying there in his car for 5months and he did not believe it.

Case 2. This happened just this week by Cbn estate in Garki. An elderly woman forgot her phone and laptop behind in a cab she took and according to the cab man after the woman alighted from the car he picked up another passenger almost immediately. While driving he heard a phone ringing in the back but because he had a passenger in the back seat he assumed it must be the person"s phone ringing. Not until the passenger asked him asked him why he wasn't picking up before he realised the phone ringing belonged to none of them.

Anyway the calls kept coming in and after delibration he decided to pick it up, according to the driver the guy calling kept screaming "who are you and what are you doing with my mother"s phone" the cab man tried to explain that an elderly woman forgot the phone and a laptop behind in his car and all that..... To cut the long story short the guy who called asked the cab man if he was willing to return the phone and the man said yes so the guy contacted his mother somehow and she came to Garki to collect her phone and laptop.

You need to see how this woman kept on praying for the cab man infact she said a million naira can never replace the contacts she has on her phone if the phone goes missing. she offered him 10,000 naira which he declined because according to him he did not do it for the money. Since he rejected the money offered to him, she asked him to see her soon and she gave him her complimentary card lo and behold she is a very "BIG" woman!

Case 3. This is a very short one and it happened to me personally. I forgot my phone in a taxi in china and honestly I never got it back. To think chinese people who actually manufacture phones stole my phone. Nawa o

Based on these two stories I am of the opiion that Nigerians are not generally as greedy as everyone thinks. Just like in any other society, we have the GOOD, the BAD, and the UGLY.

Have you ever misplaced/lost your phone and a good samaritan found it and returned it to you? Well I call that a "phone testimony" so instead of you queuing up to give that long testimony in church, lolz why don't you just share it here.

OP nah waa for u o!

U forgot phone inside cab in china...atleast it was a chinko phone.

They made d phone u bought d phone nd they decide to take it bck, no cwy abeq.

They stole my phone in a taxi cab too at ibadan, infact the old woman claimed the phone belongs to her...not long b4 d inccident i swapped my bOld 5 with my -sis- thank God say nah radio nokia wey get torchlight.
I even prayed for the woman, but nah my zimcard pain me pass.

WETIN DON LOSS DON LOSS.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by walemoses2(m): 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
why u no go return my phone,u must return it by fire by force,even if i intentionally drop it,people around go call me to come pick my phone,i have been so attached to that phone and it almost become my trademark,that phone is not even in d market again,na Nokia 3310.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ceejayluv(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
boron10: in abuja, northern parts of naija and some parts of lagos, you are likely to get your phone back once you misplace it in public. The same cannot be said in the eastern part of naija. Misplace your phone in igboland, then your phone is gone for good.
oh come on.... My Dad got his phone lost and returned last year in owerri..... you're just being D.AFT...

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2013
thief
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: ^What has being a JW got to do with anything?
i wonder oh! Mtcheww
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by boron10(m): 6:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
ceejayluv:
oh come on.... My Dad got his phone lost and returned last year in owerri..... you're just being D.AFT...
Please, you don't have to make up story to vindicate your umunna.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ayandee: 6:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
I left my phone at a biz centre where i was making photocopy. It was after 3 hrs that i noticed i lost it. I dialled my no and a guy picked it up. He said he was in church that i could come to his church to pick it. He returned it and i told him he had lived up to the church name- Practical christianity ministry.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by wazobiaforu(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my phone sometime in Ife osun sate and when i called the number the person said i should come to Ikire to collect it, very funny but he gave me back but demanded for money and i cant remember how much i gave him again- i was happy i have my phone back

My lady also forgot her BB inside one car in the same Ife and the man gave us a location to come an collect free of charge

I lost my phone at one remote village in Nasarawa state for like 2 days, at a point my mind told me to tell one of the villagers that was my friend, to my suprise he kept on telling the villagers in their language and i got my phone the following day

Ppl should stop generalizing rubish about Nigerian
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by cmart09(m): 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
mine was all very painful cos the contact on that phone even worth more than $2 million am telling you, i made a budjet of #100.000 for posible compensation. Am still searching........
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Ryda(m): 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
ceejayluv:

sHattap!!
S.E ke? Nah dem do pick pocket pass..igbo boyz are not smilling in the street of lasGidi.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ceejayluv(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
boron10:
Please, you don't have to make up story to vindicate your umunna.
Enough with the ethnic profiling, dickhead... Make up a story to convince you?? I'm only saying you apply rational reasoning. You're saying nobody can return a lost phone in the south East? That's Dick-guided logic at best.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
Someone called me with my cousins fone. Said he picked it in a bus in umuahia, and he was on his way to port harcourt. I was in Enugu so I couldt collect it. I asked him to call a specific name in d phone, he said they was no credit. I had to send him credit, he called her friend and eventually she got her fone d next week. We still have nice people oº°˚!
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by dnawah(m): 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
There is a popular saying in china that says"cheat a stranger but don't kill him"u were a stranger,no worry e go follow fairly used comegringrin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by rossi49ja(m): 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
i have picked up a lost phone way back in school and i returned it to the owner but i lost my bold 5 on the 22nd of dec, 2012 in a cab in ph and am yet to get it back till now. embarassed
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nosyke(m): 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Me, I have had a couple of experiences though.
1. I was driving and finished a call, so I left the phone on my laps. I guess when I came out the phone dropped. Later when I was through, I got to the car and wanted to make a call only to discover my phone was missing. I immediately called the phone and a guy picked it. After explaining what happened , the guy (a soldier) Picked it that he was in Abacha barracks, and note this incident happened in 3rd Avenue Gwarinpa. In my mind, I said the phone was gone. Long story cut short, The guy brought it to me in Mrs Filling station (gwarinpa). I was so happy.
2. I forgot a phone in a cab too and when I realised my phone wasn't with me (after 40mins ) I had dropped. I called. After much calls to the taxi guy the guy returned it to me (but at a cost).
3. I went to AGIS to do something and I had 25600 in an envelope, so while I was bringing out documents,from the big envelope, the small envelope containing the cash might have dropped. It was till I got to gwarinpa from AGiS (area 11) that I noticed that the envelope wasn't there again. I rushed back to AGIS after 20 mins, reported at the security. They remembered that some guy was looking for the owner of an envelope which dropped. After I got the guy and questions (like what denomination, how much etc, what colour of the envolope) which I correctly answered, I got back my money intact after over 2 hours. The man I begged to give him something just to appreciate him, he declined. I was so happy that day and grateful to the man (Mr Obinna).
4. Somebody forgot her phone in my uncle's car and after 3 days she was calling I gave her back the phone when she eventually came. She was so happy and I felt happy too.
In summary, good things are happening in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.