Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones (26290 Views)

How My Stolen iPhone Was Returned After 7 Months / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap / MTN Nigeria Returned *555*1* USSD Recharge Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by hardworkpays(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2013
freecocoa: Duh!

There are still very good and honest people in naija, fear no go even gree some people like us thief another person property grin.

Though I forgot my purse sometime ago in cab and that was the end of it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Before nko? Or did you want to report to the nearest police station hoping someone would have taken it there? grin grin grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ugonwanneokoye: 6:57pm On Apr 06, 2013
Back in 2005,i was in school at awka anambra state.The lecturer told us how he lost his phone at a filling station only for him to call his line and the person dat answered told he dat he is in Ikot Ekpene at the moment that he should call back.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my 2 phones last year February during my sister's wedding. a kpalasa phone and an office starcomms phone. it didn't hurt me that much. what hurt me more was the contacts and 15k in my purse that was stolen along with the phones. just last month, i was alighting from a public bus. I sat in the front seat. unknown to me, i didn't know a phone was behind me. A BB phone. I had just walked a distance before the driver called me back and asked "madam you don forget your phone ".I replied and said it wasn't mine. I thought of collecting the phone and tracing the owner because i didnt trust the driver and his conductor. well, on a second thought, i just walked away.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by millionaire(m): 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
The percentage of those who can return a lost item is small when compared to those who cannot return it,last month I lost my wallet which has money (#2000),university identity card,nysc identity card,first bank atm card,gtb atm card,and odas,I waited for like forever maybe I will receive a call,am even still hoping,nothing to show for it,I want to believe the person who saw the wallet took the money and probably threw the wallet away,we still have some bad people. But we still have people who are honest,I lost my phone sometimes ago and I got it back. In all honest people 5 percent(am on of them),bad people 95 percent
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by sureteeboy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2013
I dare not steal and use what doesn't belongs to me. How will I do the restitution later? My conscience won't even allow me
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Okijajuju1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2013
[b]I have misplaced over 8 Phones in my life at various points and never got them back.

The most recent was in Akwa during my Traditional marriage. The phone is question was a cheap 5000 Naira Nokia phone which I rarely use. I didn't even realise it was lost for almost one week. Normally, cos I barely ever use the phone, I tend to misplace it a lot only to find it later. It wasn't up until someone who had my mainline called me and asked if I had changed that line because she called it, someone picked and said it was a wrong number. The guy who picked the phone was actually using it and telling people it was his line. So I immediately called MTN, blocked the line and retrieved the number. After I did, till tomorrow, I keep recieving calls asking for the guy who stole it. Anyways, I composed a long text describing the fellow as a thief and advising them never to have anything to do with e guy which I send to everyone who calls me asking after him.

However! The most notable incident that has happened to me was in Ghana. I had 700 U.S Dollars in my wallet when it slipped out my pocket in a Taxi. In that wallet, I had my SIM card which was fully activated inside of it as well, because I had been shopping for a new phone the day I lost it. So it wasn't up until I got back to my house that I realised I had lost the wallet. I had braced myself to adjust as I didn't believe that any human being would return it after seeing all that money inside of it. Also note, I had my Nigerian Drivers license inside of it as well o, so whoever picked (which I believed was very likely to be a Ghanaian) would be even more resolved not to return it. About 5 days after the loss, my next door neighbour ran into my room holding his phone in his hands and asking why I had been calling him? I took the phone and lo it was my number that was truly calling. I answered and the voice on the other end asked after the owner of this line saying he just found this sim and inserted it in his phone and called the first number he saw. It was funny cos my friends name started with a "K". Well, so after much talk we agree on a place to meet in Kumasi where I could retrieve my phone and wallet. I called my dedicated taxi driver who described the placa as a ghetto area and very rough. So I called the guy and asked that we meet somewhere more open and he refused. Anyways, I got dressed, packed a cute little switch-blade knife (insace i was walking into an ambush) and set out. When I arrived the place which was truly like an Ajegunle, I called the guy and we met. Omo, he just handed me my wallet, opened his phone and handed me my sim, and asked for a reward. I opened the wallet and there was 500 U.S dollars still inside. I immediately gave him 50 dollars and was about to leave when the guy started complaining that 50 dollars was too small. So I explained that I had 700 dollars inside before and as much as I was grateful to even get one cent back, he should also know that 250 was way more than enough for him. So with at, I left.

I was very very impressed that I even saw a cent especially after seeing that this dude wasn't even rich in anyway or form, judging from the environment of his house and his appearance. That is my greatest experience with lost and found items. If I find a persons phone in a taxi or wherever, I always return it. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by ibnzubair(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my phone and someone returned while at school
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2013
Caught someone hiding a phone he just stole,to cut a long story short I made sure I stayed thr till the owner came n collected it (brand new Samsug SIII).

Woke up to see the mosquito net was cut open and someone had blocked the big hole wit a pair of red boxers. Low and behold my husbad's phone which had been on the floor was gone. Very shocking axperience cos I tot things like that only happen in ghettos.

Few weeks ago I left my phone on the counter at a supermarket and it was returned to me within an hour.

The same week I forgot my phone in one womans shop n hercustomer alerted her. She saw me and called me back n asked me whr my phone was, when I searched my bag n couldn't find it she gave me my phone.

BTW I have lost 5 phones over the past 10 yrs n none were returned. So its nice to know thr are still some honest ppl.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by mmmustapha(m): 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
Hmm I lost my phone this thursday but When I call d number d guy already switch off d Phone, u will only get ur phone back. Wen it fall to a right hand
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: In Naija? Unbelievable

Compared to countries like mexico, Nigerians are actually saints.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by avalontony(m): 7:35pm On Apr 06, 2013
i have lost two nokia phones and non was returned....... i just wish i had some powers then, i would have sent leprosy to those thieves.

Last year in a bank, a solider droped 50 naira as he was leaving the bank, i picked it up and ran after him, only to meet him outside and gave him his money, he thanked me as if i returned a million naira, i was like... Whats wrong with this solider...its just 50 naira!!!!
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by jmoore(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
This year I lost my phone and the taxi driver returned it though he asked me to settle him, I just gave him a token of 400 naira
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by crown13(m): 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
I lost my Phone sometime last year bt The phone was returned 2 me second day. We stil have good pple in Naija
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by specialguest(f): 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
gboss4sure: Nigerians aint that bad.

Exactly my thoughts. Honestly i am really impressed by some of the testimonies i have read here it shows Nigeria is getting better. As of 5 years ago, if your phone went missing not even the IG of police can get it back for you. But nowadays people willingly returned lost and found items.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by boron10(m): 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
seems the bad Nigerians have all left the country grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 1stola: 8:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
n
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by berbajiday(m): 8:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
ika, its not fair oo. i can understand ur plight but then who knows if u will even get a job as a reward for the honesty shown. pls think twice oh
Scarpon: for this kind weather na hin I see bb poshe or iphone 5 and u expect me to return am?? na jaz??

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 175(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
mysticgal: i lost my expensive phone to a jazzman,he just asked me to give him the fone with my password,and i did give him *hmmmm*

hahahahahahahhaha d jazzman just made u feel inferior with respect to ur signature. . .
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by dljbd1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2013
I once forgot mine at a shop I branched to take some snacks while going home. I totally didn't imagine nor even remembered I branched a shop talkless of to think I forgot it there. Sha, I dialed my number and was told it was at the same shop...picked it up the next day cool
That was the only time I misplaced a phone and thank God I found it...so logically, I have never lost a phone in my whole life...and I don't plan to grin
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by santakris(m): 8:45pm On Apr 06, 2013
I hv misplaced my phone twice and non was return to me. Poor me abi.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by bolakale30(m): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
During my registration in UNILAG about 3yrs ago, I shared a cab in the school with a girl, she forgot her phone in the CaB after alighting, when I saw the phone, the ba3 was out, I took it home and charged it, I switched it on and realized it was protected with a PIN code hence, there was no way I could reach any of her contacts and I was due for abeokuta the following day, to cut the story short, I took the phone to Glo's office in oke ilewo abeokuta, I narrated the story to their oga..m the girl was contacted cos it seems she has a 2nd line, they gave her my line up till today, she has never called me to say thanks... Not that it matters cos I did mine for God !
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by 1ndidi2(f): 8:46pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its good to be polite o! Too much shakara no dey pay

Hmmm! Around 5pm today I read this thread and passed through,didn't plan on commenting.

A few hours ago,I went to print somthing from my mailbox @ a cybercafe! I noticed a group of guys(3)staring @me especially one ofthem.
He chatted me up and we got talking as I was browsing.,later I left and he saw me off!

When I got to my stop and he asked for my digits! Gbam! Yay! Couldn't find my phone!!!

Quickly I used my other phone to call d missing one and luckily som1 Picked.
The guy then called his friends who were back @ d cyber gisting about him leaving his business to pursue woman.

Luckily they were d ones with d phone and I walked back down to the cafe and got my phone under 1 condition that I would attend another friends wedding with them(they had invited me before the incident o,but I no gree).this time I gree diesmiley

I give God all the glory for not doing shakara.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Ifetex(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
correction..... THE GOOD THE BAD THE SHEGU ARINZE
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
i left my nokia 3310 on the counter of a very busy restaurant,i found it a month later on the exact spot grin

1 Like

Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by Abrantie: 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2013
Two acts of kindness out of 500,000 wicked acts aint bad.
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by AGgal(f): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
pDude: In Naija? Unbelievable
Meaning?
Re: Good Samaritans Who Returned Lost Phones by kenex4ever(m): 9:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Me I have picked two fones in my life n have alwayz returned dem. D recent one happened in kwara state where am serving, I picked a small hand bag belonging 2 an elderly woman @ nite with a fone n small money in it n I gave it 2 her but she can't stop praying 4 me since den.
Me too I have lost expensive fones without pipu returning dem. I lost fone 3times, cybershot n E71 in 2 of doz instances n nobody returned it n I was robbed of my laptop too but robbery is not d topic hear sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Huawei Files To Trademark Mobile OS Around The World After U.S Ban / BBM Would Be Available On Samsung Galaxy Devices On September 19th For 3 Months / Get 50mb For #100 Naira Only On Mtn !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.