Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation (5202 Views)

5 Interesting And Shocking Facts About Sunday For Christians / Religion By 2050: In Depth Analysis. / An In Depth Analysis Of The Hail Mary Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by italo: 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boomark:

That's why i also added that following Christ is the most important thing. And i also noticed, she felt since she is in church that she is following Christ.

@lovethy... and Catholics

See what it means to follow Christ.

After accepting him then you have to accept and do what he commanded us to do. Also accept and do what he commanded us to do through the apostles.

Stop following the ACTION STORIES of what happened between Mary and Elizabeth. Action stories of what the Jew thought with their evil mind that Christ said and sought to kill him. Following "action stories" is not the same as following Christ.

Dont forget that The Jesus and The Holy Spirit were the main Actors in that "Action Story."

Mary was filled with Jesus, Elizabeth was filled with The Holy Spirit.

We Catholics will continue to follow the inspiration of Christ and The Holy Spirit, not you and Frosbel.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by italo: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boomark:

Do not add, do not remove from the word of God in the bible means that you've got all you need. Common sense will now tell that it contains the sole authority you need to work with.

Are there other authorities you believe in which is not in the word of God?

Amen. I believe that we should not add or remove from God's word. But nowhere have I seen the Bible say that "the word of God is the Bible." Can you show me?

Because, instead, I see St. Paul saying we should hold fast to traditions that have been handed to us either by letter or by word of mouth.

1 Like

Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Boomark(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Dont forget that The Jesus and The Holy Spirit were the main Actors in that "Action Story."

Mary was filled with Jesus, Elizabeth was filled with The Holy Spirit.

We Catholics will continue to follow the inspiration of Christ and The Holy Spirit, not you and Frosbel.

So did Jesus who you say is the main actor and who we should follow ever tell you to pray to Mary?
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by italo: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boomark:

So did Jesus who you say is the main actor and who we should follow ever tell you to pray to Mary?

Did Jesus say "dont pray to Mary or other people?"
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Zikkyy(m): 2:47pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:
Amen. I believe that we should not add or remove from God's word. But nowhere have I seen the Bible say that "the word of God is the Bible." Can you show me?

Nice! smiley 1 like for you.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Boomark(m): 3:17pm On Apr 11, 2013
italo:

Because, instead, I see St. Paul saying we should hold fast to traditions that have been handed to us either by letter or by word of mouth.

Then you have to start reading that book you call bible.

Do you wait for the meat in your soup to tell you that it is in a soup? Will COMMON SENSE not tell you that your meat is in a soup?

When the word of God was written on a stone, Moses and the Israelites knew that this is the word of God. When it was on a wall, the king of Babylon knew it. When it was on a scroll, Jesus knew it. If i see it written in the sky, i will identify it. Use common sense. Know the word and you will identify it wherever you see it. Keep bulletin aside for now.

So since Paul could not write to timothy all the things he once to him by mouth? Does it mean he didn't write it in Ephesians, Hebrew, Corinthians, thessalonians, galatians, etc.

How about the other apostles? Did they not also write anything about this word of mouth tradition? Are they afraid to do so or what? Is it too long to be written down?

Christian tradition is all about following Christ.

My Own questions/request: wink

Show us things that consist of the word of mouth traditions. You have to also show us who in his right senses should write it down instead of passing it by mouth. I don't want you to suffer too much, if not you should pass it by mouth to me.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by dokie: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
Boomark:

So burying people(elisha) is now the foundation for keeping relics. I wanted to see what you have to say. All i see is that the foundation is wobbling and you can't go further. What an excuse!

If what you have is the truth inspired by the Holy spirit, you should be as confident and bold as Peter who is filled by the Holy spirit to teach us truthfully.

You want to use the foundation of mud house to build skyscraper. Match what was practiced with what you practice.

i teach people who want to learn, and not people who want to look for an opportunity to display the shallow knowlege they obtained from their pastors, who are probably break-aways from other break away pastors.

maybe you are different though so i might be willing to explain further, however,you must have shown me where it is written in the bible that the bible is the only source of christian teaching? if you can give me a simple quotation or an answer to thus, we discuss further.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by dokie: 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2013
ijawkid:

grin.......I just can't bear with this thrash the catholics are supporting.......its glaringly against all of what morality stands for.....

How can people who claim to be Christ's followers support the mummifying of dead body's..........

you are so vast in scriptures right? show me where it is written in your jehovers witness bible that mummifying bodies is a sin, show me where it is written that keeping fhe body of the dead is a sin offensive to God.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2013
@italo and co. 2Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God".
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by ijawkid(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
dokie:

you are so vast in scriptures right? show me where it is written in your jehovers witness bible that mummifying bodies is a sin, show me where it is written that keeping fhe body of the dead is a sin offensive to God.

Ona don see question??........what you should be asking is has any servant of God ever practiced the mummifying of dead bodies for veneration??.....even Jesus was buries the very day he died...I wonder what you guys are storing up dead bodies for..........

And the name of my bible is not Jehovahs witness bible.........I use all existing bible translations.............
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Boomark(m): 10:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
dokie:

i teach people who want to learn, and not people who want to look for an opportunity to display the shallow knowlege they obtained from their pastors, who are probably break-aways from other break away pastors.

maybe you are different though so i might be willing to explain further, however,you must have shown me where it is written in the bible that the bible is the only source of christian teaching? if you can give me a simple quotation or an answer to thus, we discuss further.

it is not written in the bible that the bible is the sole authority. But every Christian should know that the "Word Of God" is sole authority that have. Do you have other sources you get authority from?
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by henrisco: 5:39am On Apr 12, 2013
The tru church is one that obeys the bible completely. Pentecoasters protest worship of image in obedience to 10 commandment. But reject the forth commandment. They preach half truth. The catholic authority once decleared to protestant churches "if u want to practice complete truth b a seventh-day adventist"
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by dokie: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2013
ijawkid:

Ona don see question??........what you should be asking is has any servant of God ever practiced the mummifying of dead bodies for veneration??.....even Jesus was buries the very day he died...I wonder what you guys are storing up dead bodies for..........

And the name of my bible is not Jehovahs witness bible.........I use all existing bible translations.............

if you cannot show me where it is in your bible, then park. no case. there must be a basis for condeming an act.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by dokie: 9:11am On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:

it is not written in the bible that the bible is the sole authority. But every Christian should know that the "Word Of God" is sole authority that have. Do you have other sources you get authority from?

yes i have. it is the church which is headed by christ and inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the same church that brought the bible that you have in your hands. i am confident that if the church brought forth the bible which is the word of God, the same church cannot bring forth that which is against the word of God.

If the Holy Spirit so carefully guided the Church and kept them from error when selecting the 27 books of the new testament out of the many books being circulated in christendom at that time, i have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the Holy Spirit was well able to point out all errors that they believed at that time. If the Holy Spirit did not point it out to them, then they were not errors.

it might interest you to know that all these practices of the catholic church which you now call pagan were already being practiced way before the bible came to be.

In consistency with the way God works, he never does anything great with men if he has not first purged them of their errors and sin. repentance and purification are sin qua nons and prerequisites for God to use a people.

Dont get all emotional about this. think along these lines and be truthful to yourself.

Let me ask you, if you had the power to cause your child to carry out an abstract assignment correctly, and this child of yours is doing a whole lot of things that are wrong and is leading to his destruction, and you love the child, which would you first do? correct those grave errors or get him to do the fresh assignment you have for him and then dump him afterwards?
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Syncan(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2013
Segeggs: @italo and co. 2Timothy 3:16

Indeed I was expecting to see "Only Scripure..." no one is arguing about "All scripture"
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Syncan(m): 9:40am On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:

The "word of God" yes as declared by the church, because the Holy scripture itself calls the Church "The pillar and foundation of truth". 1Tim3:15.

The word of God is found in:
(1)Holy Traditions which are transmitted in two modes; 2Thess2:15

(a)written(scriptures) -----2Tim 3:16
(b)verbal(Preachings,Practices) .... 2Thess2:15

(2)Teachings of the Magisterium (Elders with authority)....Acts 15
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Boomark(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2013
dokie:

yes i have. it is the church which is headed by christ and inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the same church that brought the bible that you have in your hands. i am confident that if the church brought forth the bible which is the word of God, the same church cannot bring forth that which is against the word of God.

If the Holy Spirit so carefully guided the Church and kept them from error when selecting the 27 books of the new testament out of the many books being circulated in christendom at that time, i have no doubt whatsoever in my mind that the Holy Spirit was well able to point out all errors that they believed at that time. If the Holy Spirit did not point it out to them, then they were not errors.

it might interest you to know that all these practices of the catholic church which you now call pagan were already being practiced way before the bible came to be.

In consistency with the way God works, he never does anything great with men if he has not first purged them of their errors and sin. repentance and purification are sin qua nons and prerequisites for God to use a people.

Dont get all emotional about this. think along these lines and be truthful to yourself.

Let me ask you, if you had the power to cause your child to carry out an abstract assignment correctly, and this child of yours is doing a whole lot of things that are wrong and is leading to his destruction, and you love the child, which would you first do? correct those grave errors or get him to do the fresh assignment you have for him and then dump him afterwards?

I said God's word is the sole authority but you said you have another source which is the church. Are we not the church(me, frosbel, ijawkid, Goshen, italo, etc)

So tell us, what authority does the church have in addition to God's word?
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by christemmbassey(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
Pls leave the catholic faith ALONE and preach the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by italo: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
Segeggs: @italo and co. 2Timothy 3:16

Amen! We Catholics believe that. But that doesnt say that the Bible is the sole authority for Christians.

Dont you know there were other books called "scripture" that were not included in the Bible by the Catholic Church?
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by italo: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2013
Boomark:

I said God's word is the sole authority but you said you have another source which is the church. Are we not the church(me, frosbel, ijawkid, Goshen, italo, etc)

So tell us, what authority does the church have in addition to God's word?

Why dont you simply show us where the Bible said that "God's word is the Bible?"
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Boomark(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
italo:

Why dont you simply show us where the Bible said that "God's word is the Bible?"

I will do that only when you show me where it is written on Francis that he is the Pope.

Please use the "book of the word of God" for me instead of "bible."
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Ubenedictus(m): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2013
Lenny5000:
The Bible is the word of GOD so if God is not the sole authority for Christians, who is ? The Pope? Priest? Bishop? Some of the questions people ask just for argument sake! I dont argue with people cos I believe it is childish and unproductive. I only discuss and debate with matured folks reason I dont post often here.. I am not here to bash Catholicism cos I am very very close to Catholics.. Also many Catholics attend the Church because they cant see themselves attending Pentecostal because of the Huge monetary Greed going on there, but these people have dropped many of the Catholic beliefs like Praying to Mary, Rosary, Bowing to Statues of Saints in the Church! Well at the end we are all free to make our own Choices.. I take God's word (Bible) as the Sole authority and not the Laws or words of men, cos these men are not even qualified in the first place.. God says "You should not make Statues that resembles anything in Heaven, Earth or beneath the earth and bow or worship it" And Catholics makes Statues of Jesus, Mary, Joseph...etc and Bow to them. Why on earth would I wanna accept anyone that Challenges God? And for what? Go to Italy and see, some of the people who make these Statues and Paintings dont even believe in GOD and I am supposed to bow to these stones?
*yawns again*
where does the bible say it is the sole authority for christian. I need book chaper and verse, not the long rant above.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Ubenedictus(m): 1:37am On Apr 13, 2013
Lenny5000:
The Bible is the word of GOD so if God is not the sole authority for Christians, who is ? The Pope? Priest? Bishop? Some of the questions people ask just for argument sake! I dont argue with people cos I believe it is childish and unproductive. I only discuss and debate with matured folks reason I dont post often here.. I am not here to bash Catholicism cos I am very very close to Catholics.. Also many Catholics attend the Church because they cant see themselves attending Pentecostal because of the Huge monetary Greed going on there, but these people have dropped many of the Catholic beliefs like Praying to Mary, Rosary, Bowing to Statues of Saints in the Church! Well at the end we are all free to make our own Choices.. I take God's word (Bible) as the Sole authority and not the Laws or words of men, cos these men are not even qualified in the first place.. God says "You should not make Statues that resembles anything in Heaven, Earth or beneath the earth and bow or worship it" And Catholics makes Statues of Jesus, Mary, Joseph...etc and Bow to them. Why on earth would I wanna accept anyone that Challenges God? And for what? Go to Italy and see, some of the people who make these Statues and Paintings dont even believe in GOD and I am supposed to bow to these stones?
*yawns again*
where does the bible say it is the sole authority for christian. I need book chaper and verse, not the long rant above.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Nobody: 5:44am On Apr 13, 2013
The bible is not the word of God,Jesus is.The traditions of the church have long existed even before the bible was compiled by the catholic church.

The bible is a creation of the catholic church and even the council that created it in no way confers any soveign authourity on it.

One more thing,the books of the bible are not the only scriptures.The terms bible and scriptures are not exactly synonyms.

The scriptures makes it clear that the church and not the scriptures is the pillar of faith.
Re: The Mass - An in-depth analysis and shocking revelation by Nobody: 5:50am On Apr 13, 2013
Boomark:

Yes we do.The churc which is the pillar of faith.Don't forget the church came before the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Lied :'( / Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? / Similarities Between Atheism and Monotheistic Religions (Islam and Christianity)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.