Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (25970 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is not about me, this is about ashebe. I'm not a writer but achebe was and still, ko si Nobel for him..

And why shouldn't it be about you? You are taking things so personal so by default you've made your own personal failings fair game.

Fyi:

You can win one in a variety of things. You can still dedicate one if you manage to get there...

You keep crying for the man and offer no solutions. No wonder Fashola laughs when he uses you up, there is nothing more to you than being someone's lackey.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Son-Of-El:
These weeds (kingoflag, dayokanu, eko ile, etc), have started sprouting again. Anyway, whether you all like it or not, your case is closed.
1. Equiano the great writer and abolitionist is proudly igbo by descent.
2. Achebe the father of modern african literature and anti-racist is proudly igbo too.
3. African Greats like mandela, ngugi, gordimer, soyinka, okara, etc whose tribute to the great achebe will eternally overwhelm backyard jesters like omatseye and his minions(eko ile, dayokanu, olumide, kingoflag, etc).

You son of a who*re, why the hell is my name up there? I read about Olaudah in school and if anyone shouldve been proud of his story (in a school where I was one of the few black kids), it was me. But the conclusion was that his story was false! I didnt come to this conclusion, historians did, you mor.ron!!! How the hell do you know what tribe my ancestry can be traced to you ignorant buffoon?! Are you more Igbo than I am? Can you prove this? Bloody,insecure, flat-headed ape.... move from here. Pu*ssy!!!
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
kingoflag:

You son of a who*re, why the hell is my name up there? How the hell do you know what tribe my ancestry can be traced to you ignorant buffoon! Are you more Igbo than I am? Can you prove this? Bloody,insecure, flat-headed ape.... move from here. Pu*ssy!!!

Jesus. E go betta one day.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by EkoIle1: 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2013
purpleclouds:

And why shouldn't it be about you? You are taking things so personal so by default you've made your own personal failings fair game.

Fyi:

You can win one in a variety of things. You can still dedicate one if you manage to get there...

You keep crying for the man and offer no solutions. No wonder Fashola laughs when he uses you up, there is nothing more to you than being someone's lackey.

Still, ko si Nobel..

...smh
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
Eko Ile:

Still, ko si Nobel..
...smh

And still you are crying for a dead man.

Like I said you can't win a nobel when you pass away so are you planing on winning one for the man or continue your mourning? Prove that you are more than someone's backend.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Bobandgreat: 1:28am On Apr 10, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
purpleclouds:

Like I said you can't win a nobel when you pass away so are you planing on winning one for the man or continue your mourning? Prove that you are more than someone's backend.

Awww! But he cant prove it, not by the way he writes. He never dissapoints.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by EkoIle1: 1:56am On Apr 10, 2013
purpleclouds:

I heard you, but still, ko si nobel.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 3:47am On Apr 10, 2013

Like I said you can't win a nobel when you pass away so are you planing on winning one for the man or continue your mourning?

you keep crying on his behalf but don't have any solutions. cry
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by EkoIle1: 4:11am On Apr 10, 2013
purpleclouds: And still you are crying for a dead man.

Like I said you can't win a nobel when you pass away so are you planing on winning one for the man or continue your mourning?

Still, ko si nobel
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 4:45am On Apr 10, 2013
Eko Ile:

Still, ko si nobel

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 4:48am On Apr 10, 2013
@kingoflag, which historians? Mention one. Oh, so you are now igbo....eyaaaa....the baby shouldn't have played in the chimp's cage.
FYI, no historian in his/her right mind would say such about equiano. They could be refering to his birthplace NOT his origin of descent.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ekoilee: 4:53am On Apr 10, 2013
purpleclouds:

Still, Ko si Nobel..

smh..
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 4:54am On Apr 10, 2013
@eko ile, is like you mouth has scratched like a turn-table "...still, ko si nobel". Have you ever been told that you are an illiterate? I love you my owambe friend that's why i have to tell you the truth. It's never too late though.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 4:55am On Apr 10, 2013
[size=14pt]After 18 pages still No Nobel prize to show but millions of Booker T prize, Father of African literature prize, Father of arm wrestling, Father of Illegitimate child with hausa, Father of wrapper tying males?

Kedu[/size]
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 4:55am On Apr 10, 2013
eko ilee:

Still, Ko si Nobel..

smh..

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 4:57am On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]After 18 pages still No Nobel prize to show but millions of Booker T prize, Father of African literature prize, Father of arm wrestling, Father of Illegitimate child with hausa, Father of wrapper tying males?

Kedu[/size]

so you too want to help Achebe gain a nobel prize now that he has departed. grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by dayokanu(m): 4:58am On Apr 10, 2013
purpleclouds: so you too want to help Achebe gain a nobel prize now that he has departed. grin

Nobel pass him, He should be contented with the Booker T prize and father of all nation award
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 4:59am On Apr 10, 2013
dayokanu:

Nobel pass him, He should be contented with the Booker T prize and father of all nation award

he is content and dead you are the one crying that he never received a nobel prize.

so unless you plan on winning it on his behalf there is not much to talk about.

1 Like

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2013
I never knew so many wannabes envied Achebe this much.[b]I never knew so many wannabes envied Achebe this much.[/b]I never knew so many wannabes envied Achebe this much.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by ekoilee: 6:04am On Apr 10, 2013
still, Ko si Nobel.

smh.....
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by FreeGlobe(f): 6:45am On Apr 10, 2013
eko ilee: still, Ko si Nobel.

smh.....
can you say what you know about Nobel? eko mumu? You are just shouting Nobel, Nobel, like someone whose amala was snatched from him. Tell us what you know about Nobel ewedu head.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by bestview: 7:47am On Apr 10, 2013
Crayola1:

What do you have? You were born a bastard and will probably die as one. You are a nobody and a sycophant of the highest order. You are crying for Achebe but where is your own prize? Your own medal? Being Fashola's cu.m dumpster is not a title that is worth brandishing around but being the bastard you are up is down and right is purple in your world, so you smile with pride at your title.

Tell us what is your life worth remembering for? Achebe's name trended on Twitter, will the town buffoon even holler you name in your water logged village when the time comes?

You sit on here day in day out being nothing but a bitter dried up troll and you have mouth to talk about people who have accomplished more even in death than you have in your life. How sad is that? Even now the so called loser is all you can think about, if you are not opening up a thread on Achebe you are commenting in one about him. If someone is not important to me I ignore them, you on the other hand stalk them to the ends of the Earth. Yes that's totally normal behavior grin

Achebe the so called bitter man is dead and gone, you on the other hand are here and alive and salty as hell. Who is the one suffering?

Please do the world a favor and strip down and douse your decrepit body in gasoline and light a match while holding a loaded revolver between your teeth. Save natural selection the time and the effort of eliminating you from this life by taking it upon yourself to speed up the process. You might finally be deserving of a medal afterwards kiss

lynch the yeroba monster, we dey your back. QED grin grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Emperor007: 7:48am On Apr 10, 2013
purpleclouds:

he is content and dead you are the one crying that he never received a nobel prize.

so unless you plan on winning it on his behalf there is not much to talk about.

^^^

Gbam and correct

Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by bestview: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2013
Son-Of-El:
@eko ile, is like you mouth has scratched like a turn-table "...still, ko si nobel". Have you ever been told that you are an illiterate? I love you my owambe friend that's why i have to tell you the truth. It's never too late though.

Technical Knock OUT. The guy is an illiterate. Free fake education grin grin grin grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Orikinla(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2013
Who is Sam Omatseye?
Who knows him outside the local Nigerian press?
Who is even Sam Omatseye compared to Orikinla Osinachi?
But do I blame him?
I blame The Nation for giving someone as intellectually challenged as Sam Omatseye a column.
I have 1000 times more local and global audience than Sam Omatseye in the social media. Even his articles are begging for followers.
He does not even deserve this front page attention on Nairaland.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2013
Son-Of-El:
@kingoflag, which historians? Mention one. Oh, so you are now igbo....eyaaaa....the baby shouldn't have played in the chimp's cage.
FYI, no historian in his/her right mind would say such about equiano. They could be refering to his birthplace NOT his origin of descent.

I really think you have mental issues. When did I say I was Igbo? I asked you how you knew I wasnt. Youre obviously unstable talking about "No Historian Will Say Such". Why? Because Igbos want to claim him so bad? And who's the baby that shoulda never played in the monkey's cage; your mother or your father?

You bloody fuxckas are just so insecure for being males its crazy.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by EkoIle1: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
FreeGlobe:
can you say what you know about Nobel? eko mumu? You are just shouting Nobel, Nobel, like someone whose amala was snatched from him. Tell us what you know about Nobel ewedu head.

Still, Ko si Nobel kan kan ra ra....

Smh....
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by SonOfEl(m): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2013
@kingoflag, "...are you more igbo than i am...?" these were your words. Perhaps you are suffering from amnesia, i understand.
If equiano was rumoured to be yoruba, or perhaps, said so himself, maggots like you will cause senseless noise everywhere. But sorry, he isn't, envious maggot like you. Igbos are bold and industrious, unlike lazy worms like you. Equiano is igbo because he said and knows so. Go and die if it bothers you. Sensible yorubas will never feel insecure like you.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by RisenSun(m): 10:46pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ola Johnson: No matter what is said here the accomplishments of Obafemi Awolowo and those of the Nobel Laureate (I go mention am, any person wey wan die make im die), Wole Soyinka, can't be wiped off. Awolowo introduced free education, built the first TV station, WNTV (now NTA, Ibadan) in Africa, built the first olympic standard stadium, Liberty Stadium, Ibadan; in Africa, etc.
Wole Soyinka's play, A Dance of the Forest, won the drama competition for the play to be staged on independence anniverssary. Though later dropped for his language against the politicians and Britons, he was later begged to stage at the 50th anniversary of Nigeria in 2010. He was the MC at the independence anniversary.

.....and 'Chief Secret Cultist'....lwkmd. I don start anoda wahala
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by purpleclouds: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2013
Eko Ile:

Still, Ko si Nobel kan kan ra ra....

Smh....

So you don't plan on winning it for him cheesy

What a pity.
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 13, 2013
Crayola1:

What do you have? You were born a bastard and will probably die as one. You are a nobody and a sycophant of the highest order. You are crying for Achebe but where is your own prize? Your own medal? Being Fashola's cu.m dumpster is not a title that is worth brandishing around but being the bastard you are up is down and right is purple in your world, so you smile with pride at your title.

Tell us what is your life worth remembering for? Achebe's name trended on Twitter, will the town buffoon even holler you name in your water logged village when the time comes?

You sit on here day in day out being nothing but a bitter dried up troll and you have mouth to talk about people who have accomplished more even in death than you have in your life. How sad is that? Even now the so called loser is all you can think about, if you are not opening up a thread on Achebe you are commenting in one about him. If someone is not important to me I ignore them, you on the other hand stalk them to the ends of the Earth. Yes that's totally normal behavior grin

Achebe the so called bitter man is dead and gone, you on the other hand are here and alive and salty as hell. Who is the one suffering?

Please do the world a favor and strip down and douse your decrepit body in gasoline and light a match while holding a loaded revolver between your teeth. Save natural selection the time and the effort of eliminating you from this life by taking it upon yourself to speed up the process. You might finally be deserving of a medal afterwards kiss
chei eko ile, dis guy don popo u, u sure say u go still see road reach ur papa house? ejo eje ki ama lo ile. mi fe ke kusi owo omo ibo. grin
Re: Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe by EkoIle1: 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2013
you people still dey cry...

still, ko si Nobel sha..

smh..

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Buhari Signs Bill Conferring Immunity On Lawmakers / Sulaimon Olooru: Police Are Clueless About Handling Killer Fulani Herders / Police Killed Chigozie Nwaiwu & Labelled Him IPOB Leader To Cover Up - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.