Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,399 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Islam is Against Wife Oppression - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam is Against Wife Oppression (11568 Views)

Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death / Saudi Prince Exposes Saudi Arabia On Oppression / Boko Haram, Oppression And Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by confusion247(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
Coco diva:

There is no compulsion in religion.therefore for you your religion and for us our religion.our Islam is ours,the Quran is our manual and we live our lives by it.we are not apologetic about any verse or word in it.if you choose not to understand the explanations that have been offered to you,so be it.Allah is not ashamed to tell us to truth,therefore,we shall never be ashamed to tell you kristians the truth about our religion.
I am sure you are a hypocrite. If there is no compulsion in religion, what is Jihad? What is the meaning of islamizing Nigeria? How did Uthman danfodio spread and propagate Islam in northern Nigeria? Please be sincere and honest to yourself. We have over ten religions on earth today, Islam is the only religion that is forced on people. Even here on nairaland, Islam is the only religion with the tag "please to avoid been banned, make sure your post is not offensive to Islam". Islam is the only religion that doesn't welcome nor allow criticism. Today you are hypothetically telling us that religion is not compulsion, please be honest and sincere.

3 Likes

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by PENMIGHT(m): 11:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
confusion247:
Please stop deceiving yourself. How can you love two women or three women equally at the same time? Even your own children can't be loved equally by you talk less of your wives.
Love is a matter of the heart. It is instinct! Who says it is a pre-requisite that you must love equally? Is that a reality with mortals? Have you ever loved your parents equally. Have u ever loved your friends and siblings and children equally? Does your not loving them equally translate to you hating them unequally. Are u unjust to your kids just cos u like one than other? Don't u cater for them as demanded?

Guess you have two hands. You eat with one,do honourable things with it.

Now,what happens to d second? You clear the gabbage with it, wash your bum with it!

Now, that is injustice! Guess you should do away with one.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by PENMIGHT(m): 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
confusion247:
I am sure you are a hypocrite. If there is no compulsion in religion, what is Jihad? What is the meaning of islamizing Nigeria? How did Uthman danfodio spread and propagate Islam in northern Nigeria? Please be sincere and honest to yourself. We have over ten religions on earth today, Islam is the only religion that is forced on people. Even here on nairaland, Islam is the only religion with the tag "please to avoid been banned, make sure your post is not offensive to Islam". Islam is the only religion that doesn't welcome nor allow criticism. Today you are hypothetically telling us that religion is not compulsion, please be honest and sincere.

Islamizing Nigeria is a myth.I can't even Islamise my paid employees talkless of my street!
Na today we dey hear sey they want to christianize Nigeria. Wasn't that d motive behind aggressive evangelism and shoving tracts down people throats? Do you know the Gideons bible wey plenty like water forcefully given to students irrespective of your faith? Has muslim ever force you to take Qur'an or has ever disturbed your sleep selling 'Awake'.

My HOD was a satanic Xtain(I know good xtain when I see one) who hate seeing me in cap. She threathend my existence! I swear by the Creator of the Heavens and Earth if she never called me to her office and said- " I want to assure you that you will never find it easy in this department if you don't accept Jesus as your personal lord and saviour". I remember she won't sign my course forms until I was forced to by her gospel cassette. I was then the Imam of the Post Graduate Hall mosque. Can u imagine an Imam buying " O sing o, sing o....praise da lord". Nonsense!

Why do you people thrive on lies and distort history like you ve the monopoly of documented events. I guess you never ever read about Uthman dan fodio. I won't enlighten your ignorance if you can't read and ask elders if you are lost.

What did Uthman dan fodio did that the christian missionaries did not do or worse. Who did Uthman fought to spread Islam in the North? The christian or jews? People like him stood up against neo-colonialism and slavery when your christian chides away and sold their birthright,busying translating the bible in white man's language into Yoruba and what follows.

By the way, who were forcing people to change their names just cos they ve to attend missionary schools. They brought the bible and took away our autonomy. They left and left behind gnashing of teeth. They disguised as missionaries while they were in reality jailers. I challenge you to tell me of any relics in Lagos, Badagry that belongs to the missionary then but has no affiliation to disguised slavery.

Back to Nairaland, the true Jihad is to correct the anomaly of existence of trouble-makers like you. You see clear warnings and yet u wandered here and excrete lies. With people like you in this world, the world will always be at the brink of precipice.

So I ask you, dearie, are you actually criticising or condescending to the abyss of fallacies against a harmless post?

Aren't you the HYPOCRITE afterall?

3 Likes

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by usermane(m): 12:21am On Apr 27, 2013
Soulja-boi:

You should try attending more "informed halaqot(s)". If you're in Lagos, I'll advice you get in touch with Deen Communications Limited, Insha Allaah, you would find out that the admonition is balanced between both gender.

Allaah's help is sought. May HE grant us all success.
Big man, i know what am talking about, come on. Its not something we should be bickering over. Its easier to see others faults than our faults. When ever i attend these lectures,read those books, i hardly notice any balance in the admonition and to be candid, i might be a fella, but constantly judging ladies is injustice to me and i cant stand any form of injustice.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by DonaldGenes(m): 12:25am On Apr 27, 2013
[/font][left][/left][right][/right][center][/center][size=8pt][/size][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 27, 2013
wonddering if there are two islam? may be one for mohammed and one for the mordern world.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 27, 2013
pmc01: Sulayman Aliyu wrote;

Shame upon those men who oppress their wives!!!
>Giving preference to your friends over your wife is oppression.
>Screaming and yelling at your wife is oppression.
>Coming home late each night or coming to bed late each night without a valid excuse is
oppression.
>Wasting time on the internet or phone, television or games whilst your wife is waiting for you is oppression.
>Not spending reasonable time with your wife is oppression
>Not commending her upon her goodness, sacrifice and achievements whilst only harping on her weaknesses is oppression. Befair!
>Not correcting her in the most loving manner and going around publicizing her errors or wrongdoings is oppression.
>Not providing at least the basic food,clothing and shelter for her is oppression.
>Not appreciating that she is someone's daughter or sister and treating her like a slave is oppression.
>Allowing your mother or family members to disrespect or maltreat your wife is oppression.
>Allowing others to invade her privacy is oppression.
>Not giving her the rest that she deserves post child birth is oppression.
>Swearing and cursing your wife is oppression.
>Making false promises to your wife is oppression.
These are just some ways that men oppress their wives.Shame upon those men who oppress their wives! Are you one of them?
Well, change your ways, apologize and repent before the Almighty overtakes you with His Wrath.

Remember the Messenger pbuh says, "The best of you are those best to their wives."

Cool story
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 27, 2013
Coco diva:

There is no compulsion in religion.therefore for you your religion and for us our religion.our Islam is ours,the Quran is our manual and we live our lives by it.we are not apologetic about any verse or word in it.if you choose not to understand the explanations that have been offered to you,so be it.Allah is not ashamed to tell us to truth,therefore,we shall never be ashamed to tell you kristians the truth about our religion.

What's apostasy?
You liar

1 Like

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Anyway, sha from the reports, news, testimonies, etc it seems that Islam is against wife( notice that he didn't say women) but Muslims men are for wife oppression(flogging, beating,humiliation, pouring acid etc) .
Muslims women being too weak and scared this situation is not going to change soon

1 Like

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by usermane(m): 1:04am On Apr 27, 2013
tinnymerit: what of those women that are not allow to drive cars in saudi arabia,is that a form of feminine oppression?.just asking dont dare delete the post o,its a question ooooo.
Oh yess, its a question tinny so, no need to worry about delete, buddy.
Depending on the circumstances, it could be oppression. I cant begin to xplain, but one thing for sure, the world has changed, man has changed and with modern trend, contemporary women have more sophiscated and intensive roles outside their homes so banning them from driving(especially if saudi women are frustrated with it) might be adding an undeserved ton of burden to their workload.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 5:24am On Apr 27, 2013
Does Islam allow wife beating? Some husbands are violent and they say that the Qur'an allows them to beat their wives. Is there any logical explanation given regarding men being allowed to beat their wives, as stated in surat An-Nisa', verse 34?

The verse has been greatly misconceived by many people who focus merely on its surface meaning, taking it to allow wife beating. When the setting is not taken into account, it isolates the words in a way that distorts or falsifies the original meaning. Before dealing with the issue of wife-battering in the perspective of Islam, we should keep in mind that the original Arabic wording of the Qur'an is the only authentic source of meaning. If one relies on the translation alone, one is likely to misunderstand it.

"According to the Qur'an the relationship between the husband and wife should be based on mutual love and kindness. Allah says: "And among His Signs is this, that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that ye may dwell in tranquility with them, and He has put love and mercy between your (hearts): verily in that are Signs for those who reflect." (Ar-Rum: 21)

The Qur'an urges husbands to treat their wives with kindness. [In the event of a family dispute, the Qur'an exhorts the husband to treat his wife kindly and not to overlook her positive aspects]. Allah Almighty says: “Live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good.” (An-Nisa’: 19)

The Qur'an is very clear on this issue. Almighty Allah says: "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard. As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all). If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers. If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (An-Nisa': 34-35)

It is important to read the section fully. One should not take part of the verse and use it to justify one's own misconduct. This verse neither permits violence nor condones it. It guides us to ways to handle delicate family situation with care and wisdom. The word "beating" is used in the verse, but it does not mean "physical abuse".

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) explained it "dharban ghayra mubarrih" which means "a light tap that leaves no mark". He further said that face must be avoided. Some other scholars are of the view that it is no more than a light touch by siwak, or toothbrush.

Generally, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to discourage his followers from taking even this measure. He never hit any female, and he used to say that the best of men are those who do not hit their wives. In one hadith he expressed his extreme repulsion from this behavior and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (sleep with) her?”

The permissibility of such symbolic expression of the seriousness of continued refraction does not imply its desirability. In several hadiths, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) discouraged this measure. Here are some of his sayings in this regard:

"Do not beat the female servants of Allah";

"Some (women) visited my family complaining about their husbands (beating them). These (husbands) are not the best of you."

In another hadith the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said: “How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?”

True following of the Sunnah is to follow the example of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who never resorted to that measure, regardless of the circumstances.

Any excess, cruelty, family violence, or abuse committed by any "Muslim" can never be traced, honestly, to any revelatory text (Qur'an or Hadith). Such excesses and violations are to be blamed on the person(s) himself, as it shows that they are paying lip service to Islamic teachings and injunctions and failing to follow the true Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)."
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Hysteria: 5:39am On Apr 27, 2013
NOTED
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 7:16am On Apr 27, 2013
Does christianity allow wife beating?

The Concept of Beating in the Bible:

"Young people take pride in their strength, but the gray hairs of wisdom are even more beautiful.  A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you!  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 20:29-30)"

"Hatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others do.  If you have good sense, it will show when you speak.  But if you are stupid, you will be beaten with a stick.  If you have good sense, you will learn all you can, but foolish talk will soon destroy you.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 10:12-14)"

"A curse you don’t deserve will take wings and fly away like a sparrow or a swallow.  Horses and donkeys must be beaten and bridled— and so must fools.  Don’t make a fool of yourself by answering a fool.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 26:2-4)"

LET OUR CHRISTIANITY TO COME AND EXPLAIN THOSE BIBLE VERSE ABOVE TO COMPARE IT WHAT ISLAM SAYS
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 7:37am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: Does christianity allow wife beating?

"Young people take pride in their strength, but the gray hairs of wisdom are even more beautiful.  A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you!  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 20:29-30)"

"Hatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others do.  If you have good sense, it will show when you speak.  But if you are stupid, you will be beaten with a stick.  If you have good sense, you will learn all you can, but foolish talk will soon destroy you.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 10:12-14)"

"A curse you don’t deserve will take wings and fly away like a sparrow or a swallow.  Horses and donkeys must be beaten and bridled— and so must fools.  Don’t make a fool of yourself by answering a fool.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 26:2-4)"

LET OUR CHRISTIANITY TO COME AND EXPLAIN THOSE BIBLE VERSE ABOVE TO COMPARE IT WHAT ISLAM SAYS

Oh Shut Up! What has the Bible got to do with Wife Oppression and women rights in Islam. Can't you stick to the topic and leave the Bible out of this?

If you want education on how a woman should be treated in a marriage based on Christian principles and teachings, I will gladly engage and debate with you. I will bring FACTS from your Quran and Hadith about how prophet Mohammed treated women. Then we can compare them side to side so you should see that there is a legitimate reason for wife beating in your Quran.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Anyway, sha from the reports, news, testimonies, etc it seems that Islam is against wife( notice that he didn't say women) but Muslims men are for wife oppression(flogging, beating,humiliation, pouring acid etc) .
Muslims women being too weak and scared this situation is not going to change soon

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

Oh Shut Up! What has the Bible got to do with Wife Oppression and women rights in Islam. Can't you stick to the topic and leave the Bible out of this?

If you want education on how a woman should be treated in a marriage based on Christian principles and teachings, I will gladly engage and debate with you. I will bring FACTS from your Quran and Hadith about how prophet Mohammed treated women. Then we can compare them side to side so you should see that there is a legitimate reason for wife beating in your Quran.

Gbam
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 27, 2013
Why you Muslims are always drawing comparisons with Christianity, explain your religion which is Islam.
ayenny02:

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

I don't know how u pass ur WAEC, I asked you people to explain simple question and you insulted. If you look at my previous comment, I explained abt the treatment of women from d Quran and Hadith, and I now asked you people to explain those verses to compare it 2geda, is any criminal in it.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Why you Muslims are always drawing comparisons with Christianity, explain your religion which is Islam.
Simple question I asked just explain and let's compare it. Is it an insulting statement, 'explain'
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:
Simple question I asked just explain and let's compare it. Is it an insulting statement, 'explain'

I didn't insult u ,
Leave Christianity, and tell us why women are flogged for wearing jeans? Why are they even flogged?

Tell us why those women can't drive?
Etc
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:03am On Apr 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I didn't insult u ,
Leave Christianity, and tell us why women are flogged for wearing jeans? Why are they even flogged?

Tell us why those women can't drive?
Etc
I have explained how muslim shud treat his wife from Quran and hadith. Are u not u people that raised some question on this trent and we explained.

I now asked you to explain some verses in bible to compare it with islam and you are dodging d question to use question to answer my question.
Pls explain that and we will explain all question. U ask
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 8:12am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

I don't know how u pass ur WAEC, I asked you people to explain simple question and you insulted. If you look at my previous comment, I explained abt the treatment of women from d Quran and Hadith, and I now asked you people to explain those verses to compare it 2geda, is any criminal in it.

Dude - why should I explain the text you quoted from the Bible when you have totally mis-represented it. Also, how did the Bible get into this discussion. Isn't the thread about Islam and women and how they are treated. I didn't school in Nigeria so I didn't pass WAEC but I was taught that you should stick to the theme and topic when talking.

Omo, there are some of us that has STUDIED the Quran and Hadith since we were kids and we know it. I will challenge you to prove your points with EVIDENCE OH
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Mintayo(m): 8:22am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

Dude - why should I explain the text you quoted from the Bible when you have totally mis-represented it. Also, how did the Bible get into this discussion. Isn't the thread about Islam and women and how they are treated. I didn't school in Nigeria so I didn't pass WAEC but I was taught that you should stick to the theme and topic when talking.

Omo, there are some of us that has STUDIED the Quran and Hadith since we were kids and we know it. I will challenge you to prove your points with EVIDENCE OH

please don't argue with the guy,He is very good in twisting the Bible- and i guess he loves the Bible so much that he has been reading it to find faults. And again derailing from threads is his hubby(i am not surprised).
@ayeni,leave the Bible and focus on the topic-comparing Bible and quran? Mba,kowole...
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 8:25am On Apr 27, 2013
Mintayo:

please don't argue with the guy,He is very good in twisting the Bible- and i guess he loves the Bible so much that he has been reading it to find faults. And again derailing from threads is his hubby(i am not surprised).
@ayeni,leave the Bible and focus on the topic-comparing Bible and quran? Mba,kowole...

It's a common tactic to go off-topic and digress to another irrelevant subject by muslim apologist. I will engage him if he wants proof. A muslims here claimed Mary (mother of Joseph) was 9 years old when she married Joseph because I brought up the FACT (with evidence by the way in the Hadith and Quran) that Mohammeds wife Aisha was a girl of 6 when he married her and 9 when he consummated the marriage. I then asked the guy for evidence where Mary was 9 - AS WE SPEAK, he hasn't provided one.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:26am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

I don't know why people dodging question, I asked u to explain, is there anything wrong in telling u to explain.

If u studies Quran and hadith in school, does it mean u will understand what Quran and hadith says on particular issue.

You don't need to challenge me to bring proof, islam is not a religion of opinion or head, islam is religion of bring ur proof. If u can see from my first comment, I made mention what Quran and Hadith says abt d topic and how some people misused the it.

Back to my question pls explain?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:33am On Apr 27, 2013
Mintayo:

Mintayo, u are here again. I don't know what's wrong with u people I have explained what our religion says about treating woman and I also asked u people question and u people are dodging my question.

About how women banned for driving in saudi arabia, u people shud not rush theirself, I will explain it if you don't explain my question, I have bn dealing with people like u and I know how they dodged question if they don't know to explain it
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 8:34am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

I don't know why people dodging question, I asked u to explain, is there anything wrong in telling u to explain.

If u studies Quran and hadith in school, does it mean u will understand what Quran and hadith says on particular issue.

You don't need to challenge me to bring proof, islam is not a religion of opinion or head, islam is religion of bring ur proof. If u can see from my first comment, I made mention what Quran and Hadith says abt d topic and how some people misused the it.

Back to my question pls explain?

You asked for it. Before I engage you, I will like to for us to agree on some rules. For example:

1. You ask one question at a time and the other party responds. We ANSWER the question with sources from the Quran, Hadith and the Bible. Is that acceptable?
2. All evidence and proof should be from the Bible, Quran and Hadith and no where else. Agreed?

If you agree to the above, then I will engage you
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

It's a common tactic to go off-topic and digress to another irrelevant subject by muslim apologist. I will engage him if he wants proof. A muslims here claimed Mary (mother of Joseph) was 9 years old when she married Joseph because I brought up the FACT (with evidence by the way in the Hadith and Quran) that Mohammeds wife Aisha was a girl of 6 when he married her and 9 when he consummated the marriage. I then asked the guy for evidence where Mary was 9 - AS WE SPEAK, he hasn't provided one.
Don't worry urself mr man, islam is not d religion without proof or man made or fabricated or corrupted unlike ur bible and ur religion. Don't worry ur question will be answered with one condition?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 27, 2013
^^ again with your comparisons, can you stick to Islam?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:39am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

You asked for it. Before I engage you, I will like to for us to agree on some rules. For example:

1. You ask one question at a time and the other party responds. We ANSWER the question with sources from the Quran, Hadith and the Bible. Is that acceptable?
2. All evidence and proof should be from the Bible, Quran and Hadith and no where else. Agreed?

Agreed
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 8:40am On Apr 27, 2013
I will engage ayenny02. Go ahead and ask your questions related to the subject at hand
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

Let me answerr ur question abt banning women ffrom driving?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran. / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.