Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,288 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Islam is Against Wife Oppression - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam is Against Wife Oppression (11567 Views)

Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death / Saudi Prince Exposes Saudi Arabia On Oppression / Boko Haram, Oppression And Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 8:45am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:
Let me answerr ur question abt banning women ffrom driving?

I never asked you any question about banning women from driving. I don't believe there were cars and automobiles when the Quran was compiled. You must have me confused with someone else.

I give you the floor, please ask your question. Remember ONE question at a time
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by defemz(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

I don't know why people dodging question, I asked u to explain, is there anything wrong in telling u to explain.

If u studies Quran and hadith in school, does it mean u will understand what Quran and hadith says on particular issue.

You don't need to challenge me to bring proof, islam is not a religion of opinion or head, islam is religion of bring ur proof. If u can see from my first comment, I made mention what Quran and Hadith says abt d topic and how some people misused the it.

Back to my question pls explain?
Oga, have you started hallucinating again? where in the bible passage you quoted reffer to wives? Your religion is pretty messed up, deal with it.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 8:59am On Apr 27, 2013
in any society, there is tradition and there is religion and anything that contrary to what Islam says will not be accepted including Saudi Arabia. Anything that contrary to what Quran and Hadith(authentic) will not be accepted.

There is no law in saudi arabia that forbid women not to drive in islam?

During the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) when there were no cars, and horses and camels were the only means of transport, and the blessed members of the Prophet’s family, his wives and daughters used them. In fact the Prophet (PBUH) commented in an authentic hadith of Al-Bukhari, “The best women who ride camels are the women of Quraysh.”

There is no enforceable law which prevents women from driving, rather it is only a cultural norms. And if you see the law from their law in saudi arabia u can bring it.

Are u now telling me that u don't see those muslim in nigeria that use veil with driving.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 9:03am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02: in any society, there is tradition and there is religion and anything that contrary to what Islam says will not be accepted including Saudi Arabia. Anything that contrary to what Quran and Hadith(authentic) will not be accepted.

There is no law in saudi arabia that forbid women not to drive in islam?

During the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) when there were no cars, and horses and camels were the only means of transport, and the blessed members of the Prophet’s family, his wives and daughters used them. In fact the Prophet (PBUH) commented in an authentic hadith of Al-Bukhari, “The best women who ride camels are the women of Quraysh.”

There is no enforceable law which prevents women from driving, rather it is only a cultural norms. And if you see the law from their law in saudi arabia u can bring it.

Are u now telling me that u don't see those muslim in nigeria that use veil with driving.

I don't know who you are addressing but I didn't ask you any question. I am still waiting for your question
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 9:11am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

I don't know who you are addressing but I didn't ask you any question. I am still waiting for your question
You don't see d question I asked u to explain, those verses from proverb.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:
You don't see d question I asked u to explain, those verses from proverb.

You threw a question out there and didn't address me. Remember, we had an agreement. Please ask the question so I can answer. Thanks
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

You threw a question out there and didn't address me. Remember, we had an agreement. Please ask the question so I can answer. Thanks

Pls explain;

"Young people take pride in their strength, but the gray hairs of wisdom are even more beautiful.  A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you!  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 20:29-30)"

"Hatred stirs up trouble; love overlooks the wrongs that others do.  If you have good sense, it will show when you speak.  But if you are stupid, you will be beaten with a stick.  If you have good sense, you will learn all you can, but foolish talk will soon destroy you.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 10:12-14)"

"A curse you don’t deserve will take wings and fly away like a sparrow or a swallow.  Horses and donkeys must be beaten and bridled— and so must fools.  Don’t make a fool of yourself by answering a fool.  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 26:2-4)"
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Mintayo(m): 9:35am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

i will still insist that you don't answer him...he will just be picking a part of the Bible(possibly shown to him by his imam) and twist them,that is what he knows best...he will just be arguing further,that is what he knows best!
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by JUO(m): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2013
STORY
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 9:52am On Apr 27, 2013
Proverbs 20:29 == Young people take pride in their strength, but the gray hairs of wisdom are even more beautiful.

Explanation == The glory of young men is their strength - Scarcely any young man affects to be wise, learned, etc.; but all delight to show their strength and to be reputed strong. Agility, one evidence of strength, their particularly affect; and hence their various trials of strength and fleetness in public exercises. And the beauty of old men is the gray head - They no longer affect strength and agility, but they affect wisdom, experience, prudent counsels, etc., and are fond of being reputed wise, and of having respect paid to their understanding and experience.

Providers 20:30 == A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you

Explanation == Discipline is an antidote for evil. The verse doesn't explain who should use this and who shouldn't. It was making a statement that beating can be used as a means of control evil in a person.

I have addressed one of your questions. As AGREED, we will ask one question at a time. You asked me to explain 3 verses and not one. Are we on track
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2013
Mintayo:

i will still insist that you don't answer him...he will just be picking a part of the Bible(possibly shown to him by his imam) and twist them,that is what he knows best...he will just be arguing further,that is what he knows best!

Thanks mate - we need to educate both of them together. He and his Imam.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Infoman51: 10:17am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

Explanation == The glory of young men is their strength - Scarcely any young man affects to be wise, learned, etc.; but all delight to show their strength and to be reputed strong. Agility, one evidence of strength, their particularly affect; and hence their various trials of strength and fleetness in public exercises. And the beauty of old men is the gray head - They no longer affect strength and agility, but they affect wisdom, experience, prudent counsels, etc., and are fond of being reputed wise, and of having respect paid to their understanding and experience.

Explanation == Discipline is an antidote for evil. The verse doesn't explain who should use this and who shouldn't. It was making a statement that beating can be used as a means of control evil in a person.

I have addressed one of your questions. As AGREED, we will ask one question at a time. You asked me to explain 3 verses and not one. Are we on track
so u mean if person A has physical advantage over person B. It is allow according to bible for person A to beat person B severely to cast out evil from person B. Wich mean husband wu always naturally has physical power over his wife is allow to
beat his wife severely to cast out evil in her.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by aurenflani: 10:29am On Apr 27, 2013
victorD3: Why oppress your 4 wives on earth if you are expecting 72 virgins in heaven?

Why marry one wife when you are waiting to be lifted up to the heaven? I thought you are expecting to marry in heaven?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 10:35am On Apr 27, 2013
Infoman51: so u mean if person A has physical advantage over person B. It is allow according to bible for person A to beat person B severely to cast out evil from person B. Wich mean husband wu always naturally has physical power over his wife is allow to beat his wife severely to cast out evil in her.

For example - When a thief is caught stealing - what do they do to him? No be beat them they beat am? The beating is the discipline that he shouldn't steal again.

The verse never taught that beating should be used as a tool for oppression or domination but as correction. Abeg, read am well
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by alexis(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2013
ayenny02:

Pls explain;

"Young people take pride in their strength, but the gray hairs of wisdom are even more beautiful.  A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you!  (From the Contemporary English Version (CEV) Bible, Proverbs 20:29-30)"

Can I ask my question now?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2013
alexis:

For example - When a thief is caught stealing - what do they do to him? No be beat them they beat am? The beating is the discipline that he shouldn't steal again.

The verse never taught that beating should be used as a tool for oppression or domination but as correction. Abeg, read am well

I asked u to explained to compared with Quran,

The Qur'an is very clear on this issue. Almighty Allah says: "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more strength than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient and guard in the husband's absence what Allah would have them to guard.
As to those women on whose part you fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first),

(next), refuse to share their beds,

(and last) beat them (lightly);

but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance); for Allah is most High and Great (above you all).

If you fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family and the other from hers.

If they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation; for Allah has full knowledge and is acquainted with all things." (An-Nisa': 34-35)

Compare the step where Quran asked us to before slightly beating to what bible said ' A severe beating can knock all of the evil out of you! '

Did Bible make any option b4 several beating.

SO YOU FAILED FROM THAT UR EXPLAINATION

Ask ur question?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
pmc01:
Are you acting your true age or just been unwarrantedly sarcastic?
can't u answer the question, old man?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Adekay2011: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
WIFE BEATING
As a husband, a man has permission from Allah in Surah 4 :34
to beat up the wife anytime she misbehaves and had been
admonished. In the alternative he may refuse to move close to
the wife for any time as a punishment (since he has others
inside or outside).
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by COOLDUN: 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2013
pmc01:
Are you twelve or what?
I could come and claim on NL I read that the Pope raped 16 young boys. Where is the proof? Stop being childish and unnecessarily bitter, abeg.
Must you show your saddistic traits here?

I know that you guys will deny this news, wait let me search the news well and date, i watched the news sometime ago but never knew that people like you didn't see the news.

I know that one day soon, you guys will deny the news of the UAE men that were deported from the Saudi Arabia just because they are too handsome. Even the mother of the Boston Marathon bombers is still denying the fact that her sons are the terrorists that detonated the bombs, claiming that her sons were framed up after all the clear evidence.

I believe that the first thing you guys learn from your religion is how to lie and deny your crimes even when caught red handed and proved beyond reasonable doubt. Molestation of the kids is never denied and supported by any reasonable fellow

Search well you will see this news, i know that you guys never accept your errors as long as they are directed from the above. Husbands blow their wives heads, while some bath theirs with acids , and later come out to preach the respects of wives.

An Afghanistan woman's nose was cut by her husband for asking for a divorce, while the husband is among the people who preach about treating wives well. You will know the truth one day and be free.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by nnofaith: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2013
good seeing christians and muslims tear each other apart. simply proves both religions are crap. too bad they both cant see it!
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 9:42am On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: good seeing christians and muslims tear each other apart. simply proves both religions are crap. too bad they both cant see it!
I asked u to let me know ur stand, and u are asking me my age, pls am stil wating for ur response.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2013
COOLDUN:

I know that you guys will deny this news, wait let me search the news well and date, i watched the news sometime ago but never knew that people like you didn't see the news.

I know that one day soon, you guys will deny the news of the UAE men that were deported from the Saudi Arabia just because they are too handsome. Even the mother of the Boston Marathon bombers is still denying the fact that her sons are the terrorists that detonated the bombs, claiming that her sons were framed up after all the clear evidence.

I believe that the first thing you guys learn from your religion is how to lie and deny your crimes even when caught red handed and proved beyond reasonable doubt. Molestation of the kids is never denied and supported by any reasonable fellow

Search well you will see this news, i know that you guys never accept your errors as long as they are directed from the above. Husbands blow their wives heads, while some bath theirs with acids , and later come out to preach the respects of wives.

An Afghanistan woman's nose was cut by her husband for asking for a divorce, while the husband is among the people who preach about treating wives well. You will know the truth one day and be free.

You don't have point, let me ask u a question and I want to answer me with clear mind.

Have u ever committed any sin in ur life since u have reached the age of puberty?
I believed ur answer will be NO or YES

So if u have committed some sin b4, can u justify it that, it is your religion promote it, NO

Can we justify what OBASANJO did to people of ODI was promoted by his religion, NO

Can we justify the politician who steal our money were promoted by their religion? NO

Therefore, if that is d case, why are justifying muslims who committed any sin to his religion. Nobody is perfect except God. I believe that if I continue to expatiate more you will still continue to have bad mind to islam.

Almighty says:’’And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our  servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If  there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.’’ (Al-Baqara –the Cow-: 23-24)
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 28, 2013
^ when they kill or commit those crimes they sing Allah akbar
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by nnofaith: 10:33am On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:
I asked u to let me know ur stand, and u are asking me my age, pls am stil wating for ur response.
??
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ when they kill or commit those crimes they sing Allah akbar
Saying Allahu Akbar does not justify that islam allowed to commit evil on earth.
Allahu Akbar is an Arabic language and if you can access or meet any christian arab you will see that when anything happen or they wants to call God, they will use Allah, WHY? Becos Allah is arabic word which means God like in Hebrew, God mean Eloha or Elohim
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by nnofaith: 11:19am On Apr 28, 2013
[4.89] ...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them...
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by nnofaith: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2013
[8.39] Shakir: ...fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah... [8.40] Yusuf Ali: If they [unbelievers] refuse [to stop fighting], be sure that God is your Protector...[8.41] Shakir: ...whatever thing [loot] you gain, a fifth of it is for Allah and for the Apostle...the day on which the two parties met [in a Jihad versus anti-Jihad battle]...[8.42]...Allah might bring about a matter which was to be done, that he who would perish might perish by clear proof [bring success to Muslims engaged in robbing a caravan near Badr against all the odds]...[8.43]...Allah showed them [the Mekkans] to you in your dream as few [fighters]; and if He had shown them [the Mekkans] to you as many [fighters] you would certainly have become weak-hearted [i.e., hearts. See the similar discussion in K 002:249 about how a smaller army can defeat a larger army]...[8.44]...when you met, as few [fighters] in your eyes and He made you to appear little [few fighters] in their eyes, in order that Allah might bring about a matter which was to be done [a Jihad versus anti-Jihad battle brought on by overconfidence in each side]...[8.45]...when you meet a party [in battle], then be firm...[8.46]...obey Allah and His Apostle and do not quarrel for then you will be weak in hearts [demoralized] and your power [to execute Jihad] will depart...[8.47]...be not like those [Mekkans] who came forth from their homes [in an anti-Jihad War on Islamic terrorism]...[8.48]...when the two parties [Muslims versus Mekkans] came in sight of each other he [Satan] turned upon his heels...
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: [4.89] ...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them...
This verse has been misquoted out of context. Here is the full passage:

4:88-91
88: Why should ye be divided into two parties about the Hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds. Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way.

89:They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): so take not friends from their ranks until they forsake the domain of evil in the way of God (from what is forbidden). But if they revert to [open] enmity, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.

90: Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (Of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If God had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (guarantees of) peace, then God hath opened no way for you (to war against them).

91:Others you will find that wish to gain your confidence as well as that of their people: every time they are sent back to temptation, they succumb thereto; if they withdraw not from you nor give you (guarantees) of peace besides restraining their hands, seize them and slay them wherever ye get them; in their case We have provided you with a clear argument against them

Now tell me honestly, do these verses give a free permission to kill any one anywhere? These verses were revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (SAW), at the time when Muslims were attacked by the non-Muslims of Makkah on a regular basis. They were frightening the Muslim community of Madinah.
One may say using the contemporary jargon that there were constant terrorist attacks on Madinah and in this situation Muslims were given permission to fight back the “terrorist”. These verses are not a permission for “terrorism” but they are a warning against the “terrorists.” But even in these warnings you can see how much restraint and care is emphasized.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 11:55am On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: [4.89] ...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them...
?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: [8.39] Shakir: ...fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah... [8.40] Yusuf Ali: If they [unbelievers] refuse [to stop fighting], be sure that God is your Protector...[8.41] Shakir: ...whatever thing [loot] you gain, a fifth of it is for Allah and for the Apostle...the day on which the two parties met [in a Jihad versus anti-Jihad battle]...[8.42]...Allah might bring about a matter which was to be done, that he who would perish might perish by clear proof [bring success to Muslims engaged in robbing a caravan near Badr against all the odds]...[8.43]...Allah showed them [the Mekkans] to you in your dream as few [fighters]; and if He had shown them [the Mekkans] to you as many [fighters] you would certainly have become weak-hearted [i.e., hearts. See the similar discussion in K 002:249 about how a smaller army can defeat a larger army]...[8.44]...when you met, as few [fighters] in your eyes and He made you to appear little [few fighters] in their eyes, in order that Allah might bring about a matter which was to be done [a Jihad versus anti-Jihad battle brought on by overconfidence in each side]...[8.45]...when you meet a party [in battle], then be firm...[8.46]...obey Allah and His Apostle and do not quarrel for then you will be weak in hearts [demoralized] and your power [to execute Jihad] will depart...[8.47]...be not like those [Mekkans] who came forth from their homes [in an anti-Jihad War on Islamic terrorism]...[8.48]...when the two parties [Muslims versus Mekkans] came in sight of each other he [Satan] turned upon his heels...

[8.38] Say to those who disbelieve, if they desist, that which is past shall be forgiven to them; and if they return, then what happened to the ancients has already passed.
EXPLAINATION:What is being discussed is mischief of “wicked” or “bad” disbelievers  who are being asked to desist from their wickedness, for if they do so (it doesn’t say that they have to convert), their past wickedness would be forgiven  

[8.39] And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah; but if they desist, then surely Allah sees what they do.  
EXPLAINATION: establishes two reasons by which Muslims can fight: 1) to end persecution 2)that will be at the time when 'Iesa(Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary) will descend on the earth, and he will not accept any other religion except Islam ( we, muslim believed that jesus christ is still coming back b4 the end of world)

[8.40] And if they turn back, then know that Allah is your Patron; most excellent is the Patron and most excellent the Helper.  
EXPLAINATION: clarifies that if the mischief-makers turn away, Muslims shouldn’t worry about them (in other words, Muslims should leave them alone) for God is their Protector and Helper.

[8.41] And know that whatever thing you gain, a fifth of it is for Allah and for the Apostle and for the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the wayfarer, if you believe in Allah and in that which We revealed to Our servant, on the day of distinction, the day on which the two parties met; and Allah has power over all things.
EXPLAINATION: is simply about the distribution of booty gained from these wars. 

The idea is for kuffar (disbelievers) to cease ’fitnah’ (persecution). If you interpret this to mean that they should cease their “disbelief,” it doesn’t make any sense because numerous other verses of Quran would contradict that, such as: 

[9.6] And if one of the idolaters seek protection from you, grant him protection till he hears the word of Allah, then make him attain his place of safety; this is because they are a people who do not know. 

N:B - Disbelievers that the Quran mention were those IDOLATORS in Mecca

Wallahu A'lam
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: ??

Are u satisfied or u still have anything to say, if you don't understand anything in our religion pls ask.
Islam is not tthe religion of violence or terrorism but religion of peace.

Truly, the religion with Allah (God) is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account." [The Noble Quran 3:19]
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:
Saying Allahu Akbar does not justify that islam allowed to commit evil on earth.
Allahu Akbar is an Arabic language and if you can access or meet any christian arab you will see that when anything happen or they wants to call God, they will use Allah, WHY? Becos Allah is arabic word which means God like in Hebrew, God mean Eloha or Elohim
They burn down churches, kill Christians singing the praises of Allah that's the truth.

Explain this for me I forgot the reference but I know it is written in the Quran

: beware of Christian and Jews they are not your friends.( tho my words might b not 100% exact.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran. / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.