Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Islam is Against Wife Oppression - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam is Against Wife Oppression (11565 Views)

Punishment For Adultery In Islam Is Not Stoning To Death / Saudi Prince Exposes Saudi Arabia On Oppression / Boko Haram, Oppression And Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
They burn down churches, kill Christians singing the praises of Allah that's the truth.

Explain this for me I forgot the reference but I know it is written in the Quran

: beware of Christian and Jews they are not your friends.( tho my words might b not 100% exact.)
Bring the proof?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
^^ are u denying? Read my post well , i said I forgot the references..but you and I know this statement comes right from your prophet
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ are u denying? Read my post well , i said I forgot the references..but you and I know this statement comes right from your prophet
O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51

EXPLAINATION: this verse was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, "I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." And another person said, "I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." So Allah revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other. (See Ibn Kathir, Al-Tafsir, vol. 2, p. 68)
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2013
And why do you call us khaffir?
I mean why is that you African("black"/sub Saharan one) put this Islam before your traditions? Why do you bend in front of Arab traditions? you know Islam is not an Arbic-Asian thing right? But high is surprise to see that you copy anything Arab.

*terrorism/bombings : African never practiced such things
* treat your fellow countrymen/African brother like shiat but bow in front of your Arab masters
* burqa, niqqab, etc: are Arabo-Asian attire yet you people take it as Islam dress code
* sharia, why the need of sharia? B honest? Esp in a multicultural country like Nigeria? You know many Arabic don't have sharia laws and even banned the wearing of niqqab, and burqa
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
ayenny02:
O you who believe! Do not take Jews and Christians as your patrons. They are patrons of their own people. He among you who will turn to them for patronage is one of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.] (Al-Ma'dah 5: 51

EXPLAINATION: this verse was revealed after the Battle of Uhud when Muslims had a set back. At that time, a Muslim from Madinah said, "I am going to live with Jews so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." And another person said, "I am going to live with Christians so I shall be safe in case another attack comes on Madinah." So Allah revealed this verse reminding the believers that they should not seek the protection from others, but should protect each other. (See Ibn Kathir, Al-Tafsir, vol. 2, p. 68)

Stop twisting his words..
The dude said: beware of Jews and Christians they are not your friends.

^^ the above simply means Christians and muslims relations are not supposed to b friendly in our muslim brothers minds.

Also do you really belief in the ultimate JIHAD?,and the installation of the world's caliphate? I mean by that the islamization of the world?

You know a true Muslim is the one who converts people infact muslims are not even supposed to live in non Muslim country. Hence their love for islamization and sharia law wherever they are
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by nnofaith: 1:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
no muslim will ever agree that islam condones violence. i remember that i myself used to argue with people of other faiths that those pple that were terrorists were not muslims, that churches were being bombed in the north because of the ignorance and poverty level bla bla bla and yo back it up with convinient quotes from the holy koran, like when you ask an islamic scholar why the phrophet had to kill the jews of banu quraiza, they tell you that it was the jews fault that they were threacherous,ubelievers bla bla bla.the truth is for you to be able to recognise the evils perpetrated and condoned by islam you must have a conscience and be in touch with your humanity.

1 Like

Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
Where are u ?
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: And why do you call us khaffir?
I mean why is that you African("black"/sub Saharan one) put this Islam before your traditions? Why do you bend in front of Arab traditions? you know Islam is not an Arbic-Asian thing right? But high is surprise to see that you copy anything Arab.

*terrorism/bombings : African never practiced such things
* treat your fellow countrymen/African brother like shiat but bow in front of your Arab masters
* burqa, niqqab, etc: are Arabo-Asian attire yet you people take it as Islam dress code
* sharia, why the need of sharia? B honest? Esp in a multicultural country like Nigeria? You know many Arabic don't have sharia laws and even banned the wearing of niqqab, and burqa
First and Foremost, Islam is not d religion of Arabs people but religion of God from Adam to prophet Mohammad (SWA).

"He has ordained for you the same religion (Islam) which He enjoined on Noah, and that which We have revealed to you, and which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses and Jesus: namely that you should remain steadfast in religion and be not divided therein.” [Quran 42:13

“The Jews and Christians believed that Ibrahim (Abraham) is the ancestor of the Jews. So, Allah revealed: “O People of the Scripture! Why will ye argue about Abraham, when the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed till after him? Have ye then no sense?” (Al `Imran: 65)

Then Allah Almighty says the truth about Ibrahim that he was not a Jew or a Christian, but a “Muslim” submitting to the Will of Allah: “Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian; rather he was an upright man who had surrendered to Allah (Muslim), and he was not of the idolaters.”(Al `Imran: 67)”

So all those verses clarify that Islam was the religion of all prophet.

FROM YOUR QUESTION

In Islam, nobody should ever call someone Kafir, except when one's has died. From the Quran, the idol worshipper were called kafir but you will never see in Quran where God called jews or christian kafir. When God wants to refer to christian and jews, HE will call them people of d book

Why we put our islam above the tradition?
Becos Islam is from God while tradition is man made.Any tradition that contradict what islam preaches, definitely will not be accepted in islam for example, in yoruba land it is tradition to use shenap (alcoholic) for prayer but forbid by islam. It is tradition in yorubaland that female child shud not disvirgin except her husband after traditional weddind while islam preches that too, and many more

Terrorist and bombing
There is nothing like terrorism in islam if time permit me I will give some stories how this terrorist was started.
Those Arab terorist, it was American who trainned them to use them against one arab nation to another arab nation becos of what, becos of Worldly gain and Resourses. If I have time I will explain it from the theory of DARWINIST AND MATERIALISM.

HIJAB and NIQAB
This is law from God in Quran to d prophet wifes, prophet daughter and all muslim female from surat Nur; Allah Ta'ala says:
"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and guard their private parts from sin and not show of their adornment except only that which is apparent, and draw their headcovers over their necks and bosoms and not reveal their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women (i.e., their sisters in Islam), or their female slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants free of physical desires, or small children who have no sense of women's unclothedness. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah altogether, O you Believers, in order that you may attain success.[An-Nur, 24:31]

SHARIA

Shariiaي is the moral code and religious law of Islam. Sharia deals with many topics including crime, politics, and economics, as well as personal matters such as sexual intercourse, hygiene, diet, prayer, and fasting.
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 3:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

^^ the above simply means Christians and muslims relations are not supposed to b friendly in our muslim brothers minds.

Also do you really belief in the ultimate JIHAD?,and the installation of the world's caliphate? I mean by that the islamization of the world?

You know a true Muslim is the one who converts people infact muslims are not even supposed to live in non Muslim country. Hence their love for islamization and sharia law wherever they are

If you don't believe in that verses, let me give u another one:
Quran 5:5,This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

Also:“Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure.”

[Al-Qur’an 22:40) this verses shows every muslim the importance of respecting and protecting the holy places of the christian and jews
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 3:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

If you don't believe in that verses, let me give u another one:
Quran 5:5,This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you (are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking (them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account, and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

Also:“Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure.”

[Al-Qur’an 22:40) this verses shows every muslim the importance of respecting and protecting the holy places of the christian and jews
Re: Islam is Against Wife Oppression by ayenny02(m): 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2013
nnofaith: no muslim will ever agree that islam condones violence. i remember that i myself used to argue with people of other faiths that those pple that were terrorists were not muslims, that churches were being bombed in the north because of the ignorance and poverty level bla bla bla and yo back it up with convinient quotes from the holy koran, like when you ask an islamic scholar why the phrophet had to kill the jews of banu quraiza, they tell you that it was the jews fault that they were threacherous,ubelievers bla bla bla.the truth is for you to be able to recognise the evils perpetrated and condoned by islam you must have a conscience and be in touch with your humanity.

How Banu Qurayza tribe broken their treaty of non-hostility with the Muslims

Firstly, in the norms of ancient tribal warfare, all able-bodied males were considered combatants. Fighting for one’s tribe was a collective duty for survival, and in ancient societies when life expectancy was not as high, the onset of puberty was often the mark that a young male was ready to be initiated into the tribe as a warrior (or for adulthood in general).

The Qurayza, a tribe who lived in Medina alongside the Muslims, had broken their treaty of non-hostility with the Muslims at the height of the Battle of the Trench, and intended to attack them from within, but before they could, the siege on Madina suddenly ended, leaving the Qurayza alone and caught red-handed. They quickly fortified themselves, and finally surrendered after a 25-day siege of their fort.

Those punished for treason were all who qualified as fighting men of the tribe, since they were the ones who would have taken part in the hostilities out of tribal obligation. Excluded were the pre-pubescent boys, and one elderly man (though he later chose punishment voluntarily).

Some of the Qurayza and their families had broken ranks with their tribe early on and left to seek protection from the Muslims, and they were granted it; others were afforded amnesty through the intercession of some Muslims, due to some good deed they had done in the past. The rest, even though those who now regretted and disagreed with the treason, chose to be judged with those guilty out of tribal loyalties.

The Mosaic Penalty is Pronounced After Arbitration

As for choosing the sentence, the Prophet (Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) gave the Qurayza tribe the choice of whom from amongst the Muslims they desired to judge the punishment for their treason. They selected Sa’d ibn Mu’adh, the Ansari chief who was a former ally before Islam, but was now on his deathbed after being wounded during the Battle of the Trench, which the Qurayza helped provoke through their treason. [al-Salihi, Subul al-Huda wal-Rashad]

Sa’d swiftly pronounced that all fighters would be executed, and the women and children become captives. He claimed his decision was based on the Mosaic penalty for their crime; he was referring to the passages of Deuteronomy 20:12-14. As a hadith in Bukhari narrates, this was the second time the Qurayza intended hostilities towards their Muslim neighbors; after the first incident, they had been forgiven, while another affiliated tribe was expelled from Madina. The second violation, however, was an existential threat, as it was an act of treason in the thick of a siege by the Meccans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Of Jesus,evidence From The Quran. / Praying With A Cloth Having Perfume(alcoholic Type) – Allowed Or Not? / Why Did Muhammad Threaten To Divorce All His Wives?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.