Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31318 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 50calibre(m): 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mr..Cork:

^^^ Typical village woman..wite women dont act like that! angry

grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2013
5M ? They are greedy that's all, I mean how can't they b so wicked...
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
CFCfan:

As a bride-price, it's definitely enough.
I converted it and It's too small..there are families which ask cars, flight tickets .

2big pigs cost more than 200.000 N stop being stingy or u will end up single

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

The family is just crazy. 5 million my foot.
grin grin, feminist should fight against dowry , tho I'm not against it
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I converted it and It's too small..there are families which ask cars, flight tickets .

2big pigs cost more than 200.000 N stop being stingy or u will end up single

Flight tickets ?

That's going overboard !
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin, feminist should fight against dowry , tho I'm not against it

I'm not a feminist, I like the concept of dowry.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 2legit2qwt: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
Never knew people still do this crap. So what's gonna happen when you guys get married? Ask for a Bugatti probably?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: grin grin, feminist should fight against dowry , tho I'm not against it

Yes, it seems to be like an an auction of the lady in question. But we all have to follow tradition.

I weep for bride-price.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 2legit2qwt: 11:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

See your mouth tongue
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

Flight tickets ?

That's going overboard !

Yes

The most expensive bride price I have seen so far is 5million
About N1.5M .
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
2legit2qwt:
See your mouth tongue

Lol grin
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by greedie1(f): 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
for wat?? payment of dowry stays!!!! d only tin dat needs amendment is d amount.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
adaobi123:

I also like .
But parents should stop ruining young couples..
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I also like .
But parents should stop ruining young couples..

Ruining young couples ? How ?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

The most expensive bride price I have seen so far is 5million
About N1.5M .

Rich folks can afford that.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan:

cool
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 16, 2013
gree-die:

for wat?? payment of dowry stays!!!! d only tin dat needs amendment is d amount.

I was joking, dowry ain't bad.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 2legit2qwt: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2013
adaobi123:

Ruining young couples ? How ?
the op's dream is about to be killed because he can't afford to 'own' his woman
adaobi123:

Lol grin

angry angry

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2013
2legit2qwt:
the op's dream is about to be killed because he can't afford to 'own' his woman

angry angry

Oh yeah I see.

Why the angry face ?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 2legit2qwt: 12:04am On Apr 16, 2013
adaobi123:

Oh yeah I see.

Why the angry face ?

Because you like the bride price we have to pay to marry you sad

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan:

That means marriage will become. Only for rich folks , i can't spend 15M for the dowry only.

You still have to organize the party
Pay for the honey moon

Rent your house etc

Life don't stop there

I think we should have a fix and reasonable price .IMO
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 16, 2013
2legit2qwt:

Because you like the bride price we have to pay to marry you sad

Lol. I was brought up with traditions. I like dowry.

But I know my parents won't go overboard with the dowry shizzle.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 16, 2013
But op sometimes parents just want to see your reaction..b sincere, polite and tell them It's too much and you can't afford..also try to make your gf/fiancee convince them to reduce it
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Ok, they wan sell their daughter abi cheesy.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by DoffMan2: 1:35am On Apr 16, 2013
Fvcking lie!

Wasn't it just in November last year you were faced with the following predicament -

Anazp: I came to stay in my brother's house after service. During this period, my brother who works in an oil company was posted overseas. I was left alone with his wife in the house. They had been childless for a while now. I simply kept to myself, however my brothers wife was always trying to draw closer. I refused. One thing led to another and we started a relationship. I tried to stop but she insisted we continue since my brother wasnt around. I did not like this at all. Recently she came to me to tell me she was pregnant. She couldnt tell my brother since he would suspect- he had been away for months. Shes insisting she would keep the baby which i'm firmly against. What do i do now?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 16, 2013
Doff_Man: Fvcking lie!

Wasn't it just in November last year you were faced with the following predicament -

LMAO grin grin grin grin
Foul yansh don open.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by DoffMan2: 1:39am On Apr 16, 2013
^^^^^^

Where was your girlfriend of 5 yrs when you started this relationship?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 2legit2qwt: 2:23am On Apr 16, 2013

This one guy seems to have all the world's problems in his life grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 6:46am On Apr 16, 2013

jealous man why are u derailing d thread?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by carlos1(m): 6:58am On Apr 16, 2013
adaobi123: but 5 million naira ? is she the queen ??!!

Even Queen Elize sef don depreciate talk less of her. Abeg OP allow her dad 2 marry Her Jari. Y do dey want to reap u off ?

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 16, 2013
Bros u try ooo 2M? It is too much. Are u buying her? Pls live dat girl or she might bring u down financialy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Hookup Didn't Start Today, Our Mothers Started It - Prophetess Jane Chukwu / Professions That Have Less Dating Opportunities / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.