Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31342 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Morgan1092(m): 11:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
abeg who knows the current bride price in mbaise,imo state?
My Dear! Bride price re nt fixed, it depends on d family u re marrying 4rm. Some wil nt collect any money 4rm u afta buying d traditional items 4 d kindred, while some may just colect 50k or less.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Akshow: 11:41am On Apr 16, 2013
ayomak: I don't believe this, I am from Imo State married to a Yoruba Man for ten years now, he was never asked to pay a dime aside from the things in the list which he bought and when it's time for bride price my father said he is not selling her daughter but he must take good care of me and he blessed the union and for ten years now we have been living together in peace. which one is N5 million for bride price so after that you will not be their inlaw again or what?
WOW I MUST CONFESS THE LIKES OF UR FATHER ARE SCARCE. but truly igbos sell their daughters. i wont doubt the op one bit. i remember my friend a naval officer was asked to buy a hundred crate of beers. this really got me lmao. i mean after the very expensive bride price of a million naira and all other rites he performed the father in law still want 100 crate of beer. my first question is if he had a beer palour. greedy if u ask my opinion
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Demichaels: 11:42am On Apr 16, 2013
Com marry for my village (ohafia) where bride price is 'cheap' but women are 'priceles'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by SPEED5: 11:47am On Apr 16, 2013
dis story is fishy. I'm from orlu and der is no place in orlu were bprice is dat high. In fact no were in igbo land

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ifex40: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2013
pls investigate before you propose to a imo ladies, Nigeria traditions na waooo

pride price issue are till going on in imo national assemble the bill soon be pass. i thing governor okorocha is taking serious step on this issue so let see what will happen if the bill is pass.

meny imo male and female find it head this time to get marry just becaus of this traditional pride price i hope this should end
soon.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by SPEED5: 11:50am On Apr 16, 2013
Dis story is cooked up just to raise an occasion to slight d east

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by henryskywalker2003(m): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

@OP, am Igbo and from Anambra state. The general consensus among Igbo guys in general is never marry an Imo girl unless you have too much money to waste on bride price. Heck, even Imo dudes hardly marry babes from their states because of this issue. They usually ask for huge sums of money in the name of bride price as if they want to recoup all the money they have spent bringing up the lady from birth and they usually try to justify it by saying that their daughters are worth more than what you are asked to pay. My cousin is having her traditional wedding next month to an Imo dude and everything he was asked to bring wasn't even up to 500K. My advice to you is this, put your foot down and ask them to bring it down to less than a million and if they refuse to do (which is the most likely outcome) forget her and move on. True, you might think you don't have time and you probably can't let her go. Trust me, if she really wants to be with you, she will stand by your side when you present your case to her folks.

P.S. Another rule of thumb is that Imo girls tend to spend many years in their father's house because they tend to chase potential hubbys away with the bride price thing. I hope she knows that else let her better find and hook a big fish fast to avoid that fate.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2013
sexkillz: Pay instalmentally, or come to my village where the bride price is 70naira. grin
Yeah! I am in love with ur village.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by pappythinko(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2013
dozieo:

[b][/b]My friend the 2million is way too much that one go even help you do the trad and white wedding and still have change with proper planning...but my guy to get money for them to even talk about millions haba,come my villa na 100k everything go cost you including drinks,food,DJ,canopy,Chairs etc...Am pissed with some fathers oooo!
100k what!!!! bros abeg where your villa dey na I wan visit d place abeg.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by pappythinko(m): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2013
In the life of me i just cannot percept why a family would demand an amount of 5million naira as bride price. damn! itx way too much for a woman who may end up ballooning thus becoming obessed n unattractive n also susceptible to INFIDELITY... abegi I doubt weda der is any living woman thas worth such a huge amount.. @op if they cannot accept 500k as bride price abeg bone d girl joor; if she really loves you she wl persuade d family to collect dt which u have..
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by djeezy(m): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
@op, come and marry in my village. Wife is free!!! All you need to do is see her parents with 2million naira.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by josessyjo(f): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2013
Run for your future.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by eastermaris(f): 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
angelsing: why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie

U sure a learner!
My ikwere friend
Had to elope with
Her bf because she
Insisted on marrying
Him even when cldnt
Pay the 1.8million
Estimated bride price
Wake up and ask questions
Young man b4 u fall into
Wrong hands o
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Chillypelly(m): 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2013
I wonder why a GMC truck should be compared to a relign bicycle. Marry an Imo chic and unlock self actualization, wealth and posperity for yourself. Why should an Imo girl armed with education, beauty and swag be compared side-by-side with an nsukka okpa retailer, an onisha rove (love) extremist, a benin international love peddler, a yoruba smelling pu**y, a niger delta naive slowpoke, an ebonyi village girl or the idoma baby machines... Save me the bikering for another thread!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ojiefi: 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Man are you drunk? why are you making up such a false story? Im from Orlu and this your story is one big fat LIE[/b]
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by tucker12(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2013
Better pack your load and run... you will serve them that families poverty till you don't know the road to your family compound again...
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by blkchick: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2013
5 milla u are a born lier frm,komot fr dis place

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by tucker12(m): 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
ojiefi: Man are you drunk? why are you making up such a false story? Im from Orlu and this your story is one big fat LIE[/b]

Ojiefi if this guy is wasting our time cooking up crap stories he should be sanctioned!!!
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by lawrenzoo: 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2013

Get her pregnant! They won't hv any oda option dan 2 reduce ð money or even give her 2 free! Better still, elope with her
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by maskid(m): 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Kzinne: how much are u worth punk?

SHARAAAAP!! THE STORY IS FAULSE AND TARGETED TO TARNISH THE IMAGE OF A PARTICULAR TRIBE.

PERIOD

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Freddieyankee(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2013

I know it gonna b from IMO state... Million plus people but wait first...E b like say you go there go dey show yourself as a big boy. Well if you love the babe you fit dey the money as hire purchase ( installmentally ).... Every months things. I wan ask you again na bride price you wan pay abi na buy you buy the girl.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by 32D: 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2013
[size=16pt]in Imo state , the total period u date a gal(in years) is equal to the bride price(in million naira) you pay to purchase her....dats a disadvantage of long courtship (when she is from Imo State where daughters are sold). However d advantages are much, since u are purchasing her like a commodity u can do anything u like with her, beat her, use her, send her out of ur house when u r tired of her, u can bring sexier gals into ur home while she spends d night in the BQ or guest room(she has no right to complain, u bought her)[/size]
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by johnnyhandsom(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Op I have one question for you.
What does your girlfriend; who you love so much; have to say about this?
Wake up, mumu
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Mma2012(f): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2013
Imo people when will they stop trading their daughters for money? As a man if you're not from Imo they will charge you and as a woman the (Adanne and Adanna) will never allow you to enjoy your marriage. Too bad.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by umarfantami(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2013
WHEN I READ THIS STORY I REMEMBERED THE TIME I WAS WATCHING MATRIX FILM.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2013
32-D:

[size=16pt]in Imo state , the total period u date a gal(in years) is equal to the bride price(in million naira) you pay to purchase her....dats a disadvantage of long courtship (when she is from Imo State where daughters are sold). However d advantages are much, since u are purchasing her like a commodity u can do anything u like with her, beat her, use her, send her out of ur house when u r tired of her, u can bring sexier gals into ur home while she spends d night in the BQ or guest room(she has no right to complain, u bought her)[/size]
guy u wicked o
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2013
Big LIE
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by cashflowpc(m): 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Na big lie jor...and dis isnt his first...

Op...get a life...

op first fabricated lie last year : www.nairaland.com/1111620/sister-law-just-told-me
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ideology(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2013
when I saw this I knew the lady must be from imo state
if you think the story is a lie check naIja.com
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by mopol2(m): 1:23pm On Apr 16, 2013
5m for bride prize? and how much u gonna spend for tradition and wedding ?
fu4k dat .. hate imo girls dem got plenty family like say dem be BRT...

Yoruba and abia girls all the way .
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by kabba7(m): 1:37pm On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan:

LMAO. I won't be able to pay such, maybe around $1000 (N160,000). grin grin

GO TO ALLEN FOR OTHER ORLU GIRLS FINE ENOUGH AND LOOKING FOR HUSBANDS ! 200k will do
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Flygerian1(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2013
Thieves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Breakup? / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / Professions That Have Less Dating Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.