Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much (31339 Views)

"My Neighbour Has A Girlfriend But Still Sleeps With Me Every Time” / Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 16, 2013
♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ think the OP's gf is d only girl in d family and with money realised from her, they can pay d bride price for the boys. Lol

I just hope d OP never impregnate d gal, cos he's so gonna pay!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kzinne: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2013
why pay so much simply to marry a woman?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 16, 2013
If you can afford it, just pay the money. Instead of complaining, just be smart and channel your energy into putting the girl in a family way and the bride price will crash instantly.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by AGEZIE: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2013
GO AHEAD N DO IT, ABE R U NT A MAN?
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by MadCow1: 9:12am On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks

Bros...

Imo State people are like that!! Just leave her and enter 500 Naira transport at Owerri Control straight to Anambra State.

My wifes bride price was only 1000 Naira, despite offering out 500,000 Naira to her father.

Thats why Imo State is the single women capital of the East. Even their own men dont want to marry their sisters.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ehiblessing(f): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2013
Guy pls dont bother come to my side edo state ours is just 25 naira contact me if u re interested
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by fredopayee(m): 9:14am On Apr 16, 2013
Bride price in Imo state of Nigeria is high. Most people do complain about it. Also, I don't know why Imo families do sell -out their daughters? Most people hate marrying from Imo state cos their demand is racketting.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Decency75: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2013
Bros, this is a blantant lie. There is NO PLACE AND FAMILY that will ask you for such a price. I can bet my life for that. What type of family is that. If you are talking about bride price in Imo state, then, you should talking about Mbaise people and it is not upto that amount that you are talking about. I guess you want to abandon your friend of five years. It is upto you, so stop telling lies about people.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by chukham(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Anazp: Hello. I have been dating my girl for about five years now. I proposed to her and she agreed to marry me. However after fixing the date from the traditional Wedding, her parents are asking for five million naira as Bride Price. I told my girlfriend to appeal to them to at least reduce it to two million but her parents refuse. They say its an extended family decision like her Uncles and other relatives. I don't understand. I love my girl and she loves me. She's from Orlu, Imo State. I need your advice. Thanks
WAT! Dats too much na. Is she a football player? Omg! Na her sign on fee u wan pay? Abi no be bride price? Its too much. Even d 2 million is still much. Well if dey dont agree to ur terms dem u hv no any oda option dan to let her go. Imo guls too costly upon say na dem bad pass.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
IN OTHER WORDS URE BROKE
EVEN THEN 2 M IS 2 MUCH 2 PAY 4 A BABE
WHATS!SO SPECIAL ABT HER ANYWAY

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by clockpause(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
Your inlaw ar thieves.....final

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by hidenconyo(m): 9:16am On Apr 16, 2013
sexkillz: The next post I'll hide will carry the penalty. Pls be the one, I beg you.
This post has been hiden
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Chiemekaorizu(m): 9:19am On Apr 16, 2013
This is the reason why their girls are still single even@the 50. This can only happen in imo state smh•
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by incomeprof: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2013
Does bride price cost this much in this country? This is ticket to enslaving the lady nah..

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by bykes(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2013
just get her pre:gnant,they wont ve any choice but to give her out for free grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by NigerianAsshole(f): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
I pay 5M marry babe. She do anyhow for house. I turn her to punching bag #shekena

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by MANOSUB(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
They are asking u to buy the girl in question. Have u examined her to knw if she has diamond over body? If not, dont ask me to advice you to go for her
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by MadCow1: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
[AT OP!!

This is how we sell price our damsels and maidens in Anambra State.. Just pick your size and spec according to your pocket. This does not include VAT, Local Content NCD(5%), Local Government Levy and Clearing and Forwarding fee o!!

[img]http://1.bp..com/-zQ2Zh6ArOBg/UFhPpzybebI/AAAAAAAA5yo/610ygH98On8/s1600/bride+price_Naijapals%5Bdot%5Dcom.jpg[/img]
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by chukham(m): 9:22am On Apr 16, 2013
bykes: just get her pre:gnant,they wont ve any choice but to give her out for free grin
hmmmmmm! Dat 1 is even d worse cos he will nw pay for two heads
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by ukchy: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2013

You are a big liar...My elder brother married from Orlu..Urualla to be pricise and the bride price is far far ok.if you sre talking of Mba 5,i will agree but not the price you are talking about.You just want to be notice Mtcheeeeeew
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Inioluwa01(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2013
5 wat...#falls down 4rm d water system and breaks neck#

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by lazchuks(m): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2013
You dont need to be told that the story is false. I got married last two weeks from that same Orlu Imo State, the bride price was only 1,600 Naira. So tell me how true this story can be?
Kzinne: jealous punk. how do u know? is it because the op has got cash and u don't? go hug a transformer
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by medube(m): 9:25am On Apr 16, 2013
My brother as someone has rightly mentioned earlier, your woman's family members are all crooks or they just simply don't want you to marry their daughter. I got married traditionally in Orlu in October 2012 and I can say that the whole thing including the bride price, list and ceremony (though not too big) did not cost me up to 1.2m and might I add, I be oyibo though a Nigerian to the core grin One thing to note, is everything to do with the extended family, elders, etc all depends on your direct inlaws and if they are requesting 5m and giving you grammar, then my brother I don't believe they want you to marry their daughter. It is either that or as someone pointed out earlier, it is a test to see how much you really want to marry their daughter. Be calm , explain your situation and all should be well.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 16, 2013
angelsing: why i my do only one who thinks this is a complete fabrication of the Op mind..5million?.pls come up wit a better lie
unfortunately its not, its a common thing in some parts of ibo land. in my church in umuahia, there were a lot of matured ladies who were still single because their parents requested for high dowry and refused bring it down.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Kenyanstar: 9:31am On Apr 16, 2013
This is pure extortion that is putting even Nigeria's politician to shame on their own game. The greed is unequaled to any i have ever witnessed. That's approximately 2 million kenyan shillings but the thought of even the parents floating such an amount is purely commercializing their daughter for selfish gains.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by braxjay(m): 9:32am On Apr 16, 2013
its a lie joor
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by edgideon(m): 9:32am On Apr 16, 2013
give her belle e go reduce
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2013
CFCfan:

Don't worry, their fidelity will be just like that of Fidelity Bank.

But N2 million is still way too high!

He's lying just to spite Ibos here.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by mecussey(m): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2013
stpat1: Make i no talk make e no be like say i too dey vex. 5 mil raaabish

Bros no talk abeg, you fit spoil things..me no get mouth as well. If na me ehhh, if i give them 80k them no collect, i go either steal the girl or abandon her
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by DJDOLA(m): 9:35am On Apr 16, 2013
IGBO WIT MONEY someone want remove ur dauther from spinster and u are asking for money...for wat nah

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by nche2013: 9:36am On Apr 16, 2013
Her people do not approve of the marriage. They know 5m is ridiculous, they want you to leave their daughter alone.
Re: I'm In Love With My Girlfriend, But The Bride Price Is Just Too Much by Tjohnnay: 9:36am On Apr 16, 2013
choi, i know, na even igbo, igbo man and der money, abeg go marry yoruba woman jawe or hausa, dm cheap die, der bride price knw much, @least na 600k, o less, u knw go spend pass 2milla 4 tradition nd weeding grin grin, bt if u 1 marry d igbo gal, u go spend reach 8milla o, lolz grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With A Breakup? / 5 Ways You Can Be Romantic Without Spending A Lot Of Money / My Girlfriend Wants Space Cos I Am Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.