Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16699 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
I guess am the only man who doesnt love soccer. I nearly had heart attack a decade ago when Nigeria lost a match, even one man died of heart attack then. Since that incident, I stopped watching football.

The only reason I will watch football even again will be for betting and gambling, if my team wins, I go home rich, if not, I mourn my financial loss.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Koolking(m): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool

Great comment, but it does not sound feminine. If truly it's from a female, she'll sure have a beautiful home with understanding and love for her man. Most female believe once you are married or in a relationship your social life is traded for the relationship. I love you lady.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Tobiegal(f): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided

Dear you have said it all...

Now, imagine if the guy loves to ACTUALLY PLAY BALL?!

Will be hit your head on d poll?

Hubby not only watch football, he plays weekly too...

So, d earlier you understand you man, the better.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by mrborntodoit: 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
lekkie073:
then u r not a man, go confirm ur gender before its too late undecided smiley

i laugh at this your post, life is not all about football , while you are buried in a football game ,a real man is busy entertaining your wife grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nma28(f): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
I never liked football till I met my Hubby. We went to viewing centres together during our courtship, over time I grew the interest of watching football. Right now I watch football alone when he is not @ home. We discuss matches, managers, players, transfer, table, etc. My dear, the best thing u can do is to develop interest so u can enjoy ur man and the game.

7 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by neksummi(m): 1:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?

His watching the match shouldn't be more important than talking with his fiancee. Even if he couldn't speak with her. I think there are better ways to relay it to her than saying, "this is a bad time to call me..."

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by alfredo4u(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
if na me, i will pick and put it klose to tv so dat she wil knw im watching my favorite game.

As for me, i can cancel my wedding for barcelona match. i pray d date of my wedding will not co-incite wit barca match.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Agbenyiess(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
Person dey find meat inside soup, kpomo dey raise im hand...na wa o.

Valiantvaliant: The comments so far imply that all men are addicted to football but thats not so and i am one of the few exceptions, so ma'am if you are intrested, do indicate,

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by sarutobi: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2013

Honestly, i checked ur post several times and i still wish u weren't married. I for propose sharp sharp. Your husband has got an asset. U are indeed one in a million. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
kokoye: Can a man at least breathe a minute??

If it's that important...send him a text message!

dang!

Lol . . I trust you to be sentimental about this!
You know we women like to be the centee of attention na . . wink cheesy
But don't worry, she'll learn with time!

@ Poster, my advice to you is to get become a football fan yourself.
It's only when you experience what they feel that you can truly understand!
I became a Chelsea fan too for a while but meeeen, they almost gave me a heart attack this season!
Now I just stay away from football to avoid further heart break! sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by slimyem: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
that's why i don't like fanatics or addicts of any kind.
Even if you are a die-hard fan of anything,you should be able to balance and prioritise when the situation calls for it.That's sanity!Otherwise,its insanity!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Cashio(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
I can even walk around the whole town of kaduna looking 4 where to watch liverpool match....i can even close my shop if it is working period..i can even sacrifice church if it happens to be on a sunday morning..,i can even steal her money to watch football if i had no money with me...just thank God it's just football and not anoda woman

5 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by ekeroyal(m): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
what a thread.....

Viewing this topic: Nma28(f), a1solution, zolajpower, Besto(m), milychocs(f), TRILLIONIAR, Shedysworld(m), Warlord3000(m), toluene12, mgbogo, jovie50, redfly(m), kagel, femota, anydek, amtheone(m), inspiredbyGOD:.(m), Akintundekolapo , Koolking(m), Agbenyiess(m), toby09(m), Red-Light, enemmo(f), ifeteminikan, kenis(m), http(m), kennyfao, oscar pad(m), Tobiegal(f), Originakalokalo, babe4chi(f), Geomac, jonot , ekeroyal(m), zeyheed(m), Welder(m), Benissues, oln, obrien2k(m), de ovansa, niyivasaz (m), vianny18(f), mr_born_todo_it, elkol, Leopantro, uni-kazzy(m), Cashio, Soso990240(m), ZEALMAN (m), hottyy 5(f), duke4ever, yimikaa, smothly(f), Groovym(f), naijaobi(m), obingate(m), enujekorjoseph, millhouse, droid007, bennie1980, ghosttownboss, lekkie073(m), starbuck(f), Templa (m), Pataki, tope24, Fulani BOII(m), Ijogz K(m), Table Leg (m) and 62 guest(s)
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by ony073: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ijogz K: Yes ohhhh Especially if he's a Chelsea fan., they are seriously fighting for Top 4 Finish.

If your BF is a fan of any of these clubs kindly free him till further Notice:

1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham

4. Wigan
5. Rangers
6. Reading
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Diamonddamsel: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
My dear u would learn to deal with it in your own way.
I had issues with my husband when we just got married.I Kept nagging and whining but it didn't help.
I had to encourage him to buy the decoder and watch at home instead of going out and tried to learn a few names of d players and clubs.He is still a football freak but I'm glad he stays home.
Don't let it get in the way of ur relationship if he has all other qualities u want.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kekilika: 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan:
am gonna dedicated a thread''top ten understanding Ladies on Nairaland" with you topping the list.
u b confirm
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
@Chiover,thanks,i never knew there was any importance attached to football watching.I think I should just join in the watching from afar too.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
[img]http://i.qkme.me/3tz0vu.jpg[/img]

10 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
@UJUJOAN,BLESS YOUR SWEET SOUL.THANKS FOR THE VIVID EXPLANATION.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
slimyem: that's why i don't like fanatics or addicts of any kind.
Even if you are a die-hard fan of anything,you should be able to balance and prioritise when the situation calls for it.That's sanity!Otherwise,its insanity!

I agree . . 100%
It's insanity when your house is on fire and you are watching Chelsea match . . . or your wife is in labor and your are watching Real Madrid!
But if it's not an emergency, nothing wrong in letting him enjoy a 90-mins game without disturbance.
It's healthy to have hobbies . . . doctors recommend it to relieve stress! cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Groovym(f): 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
My dear....when it comes to men football is number 1...so u can call me when d ball is over...
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by theripper2: 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
90mins on saturday or sunday and mayb 120mins on Tue/wed doesn't mean we don't love u senioritas. There is a lot at stake there for we soccer fans. Some na nairabet tins, some na baba ijebu, some na bragging rights tins and some na inexplicable joy. Pls, bear with us.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
dIAMONDDAMSEL,THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE,so one shd thank God that the said fiancé even stays at home. Hmmm,there is something to be thankful for.Staying at home is one thing and going out is a different ball game?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Groovym(f): 1:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Groovym: My dear....when it comes to men football is number 1...so u can call him when d ball is over...
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
Na wa oh . . . Who knew not fussing over footbal addiction could get a lady such attention undecided undecided
All my S&S sisters, hope you are learning oooo! cool cool cool cheesy
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
For Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ single ladies on the verge of marriage with a football fanatic as husband, DON'T EVER tHINK U CAN STOP HIM from his football unless Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ want to harbour a moody husband. I'm an exampls. My wife hates footbball with a passion but its no longer the case today. She now watches it with me even she doesn't know what's happening. For me, it doesn't stop me from loving her but NOBODY except GOd, can stop me from watching football.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dammytosh: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2013

Though I am not a football fanatic but all i av to do is to dedicate "Uju" track from Duncan Mighty to you.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by ammyluv2002(f): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: OMO I NO FIT LET ANYTHING DISTURB MY RELATIONSHIP O COS THEM NO GO PAY ME OR DEY THERE FOR ME IF PROBLEM COMES
Dude, You are saying this because you don't LOVE football...I'm a lady & I love football with all my heart, everybody around me knows I don't joke with football. Anytime, my club are playing & my guy calls, once I say "I'm watching our game" he will be like " Ok, will call you back" because he knows I'm not listening 2 any thing he's saying at that moment especially if we are loosing so my dear, is all about understanding, knowing when to let him be. I suggest, u try and develop little interest on his team so you will know when his club are playing, when they loose & when they win so you will know how to handle his mood at that particular moment. My guy, never liked football but developed interest because of me & also likes my club now....lol he calls to Sympathize with me anytime we lost a game even without me telling him so is all about compromise. #teamManunited# heading 2 our 20th league title, can't wait 2 see Vidic with the cup...lol

7 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
GROOVYM ,THATS CRUEL,she might have very important stuff to discuss with you at the moment.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by spokesH: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?
not even wiggling your huge bum in front of the telly when he's watching footy will get him in the mood.....thats footy for u ...we men like it
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Inioluwa01(m): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Cornel88: .*with due respect* Make we here word.
[color=#000099][/color]'HEAR' not 'HERE',k?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
mr_born_todo_it:

i laugh at this your post, life is not all about football , while you are buried in a football game ,a real man is busy entertaining your wife grin grin grin grin grin
.Sense is in your brain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.