Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16698 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dolphinife: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
as an arsenal fan, if am watching my match, i always feel cold cos arsenal is not a sure team to win a match for real....so i put every distractions and obstacles away by switching off my phones, lock myself inside my room......no dare devil dare come to knock or disturb me.....if i could leave my hospital bed when i was hospitalised to go and watch arsenal match, how much more my wife disturbing me.....UP GUNNERS
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Soso990240(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
neksummi:

His watching the match shouldn't be more important than talking with his fiancee. Even if he couldn't speak with her. I think there are better ways to relay it to her than saying, "this is a bad time to call me..."
and u knw how many times dm de talk 4 phone in a day? Una no de tire? Persn go call girl 4 mornin,aftanoon and night..wetin una de talk no de finish?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by searay(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
redfly:
This one na wife material
guy bone this thing. This girl na Ujujoan. If she enter u, u go run. Pun not intended.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by ichidodo: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
K,k:
Football is very important to most men.#TeamArsenal
But a man should not ignore his lady because he is watching soccer and please ladies, if its not important, 90mins is not that long.
Gunners4lyfe.My Ex Never understood the phenomenon. That is why i envy my dad, he has brainwashed my mother into liking football, although the old lady still thinks that Thiery Henry is in Arsenal and C. Ronaldo is a Brazilian
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by BABE3: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?

What kind of conversation is it that can't wait? "I broke my nail"? "My best friend is getting married"?

If you can't beat them, join them. When I first got into my relationship, I used to freak out over this football matter, but I later got used to it and I'm now a forced Man. Utd fan.

I was once a football fanatic myself and I know how football attacks your soul. Lol... The addiction is usually amplified for men..... It's their thing. When things can wait, let him be. If it's an emergency , then ......
EPL no dey show 24/7 and all yr round , so chill...

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
neksummi:

His watching the match shouldn't be more important than talking with his fiancee. Even if he couldn't speak with her. I think there are better ways to relay it to her than saying, "this is a bad time to call me..."
Cool,give us some better sentences or phrases he should have used instead.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by 2goodbobo(m): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllllll Ronaldo scores againnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by freecocoa(f): 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
Oh well! Its not a problem for girls like me cos I watch it with him and its fun I tell ya especially when analyzing the game. On days that I couldn't watch, I anticipate talking to him to get the full gist.

Football is actually fun to watch, I don't get why most girls don't like it.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
BABE!:

What kind of conversation is it that can't wait? "I broke my nail"? "My best friend is getting married"?

If you can't beat them, join them. When I first got into my relationship, I used to freak out over this football matter, but I later got used to it and I'm now a forced Man. Utd fan.

I was once a football fanatic myself and I know how football attacks your soul. Lol... The addiction is usually amplified for men..... It's their thing. When things can wait, let him be. If it's an emergency , then ......
The fiancée don hear.

THinking mood activated.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by sage2(m): 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool

Don't tell me you are married. Please inbox me @ sage.mangel@yahoo.com. I have already told my mom about you. She is expecting me to bring you home.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by adora4u1: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
Men and Football. Aki and Paw-Paw. 5 and 6. Mama and Pikin. No one and I mean NO ONE can separate them! Trying to compare his love for you with his love for football is not a good idea. He loves you but he loves football also.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
sage_:

Don't tell me you are married. Please inbox me @ sage.mangel@yahoo.com. I have already told my mom about you. She is expecting me to bring you home.
Madam Ujujoan,thanks for stealing the thread with style,more of u and less of..........
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by searay(m): 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
lekkie073:
then u r not a man, go confirm ur gender before its too late undecided smiley
why do u think he's not a man?
Personally I don't like watching football matches except those involving Nig national teams. I prefer Pro Wrestling. Infact I'm addicted to this sport entertainment.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
searay:
why do u think he's not a man?
Personally I don't like watching football matches except those involving Nig national teams. I prefer Pro Wrestling. Infact I'm addicted to this sport entertainment.
searay n lekkie,pls cool down ,no be wrestling nah football.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
But if the OP's husband is an arsenal fan, than she has every right to be angry because that club has issues and it's not worth watching their match ,if na Manchester United game then it is understandable.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by lourash(m): 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
I need Someone to bring my wife here so she can learn this !!!!!!!! i feel so sad every time i miss a man utd match i know i could have watched....

God Bless Ujujoan !!!!!!!!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: searay n lekkie,pls cool down ,no be wrestling nah football.
seriously prefer wrestling , a bunch of grown men acting, please come over to UFC and you will never go back to WWF
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by olapluto(m): 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
I read a scientific report sometime ago that clearly found out the emotions men have at the point their team is scoring. They concluded its an emotion similar to having an orga.s.m. So @OP how do you deal with your husband when he's having an organism? Do you table family matters to him at that point? Or wait for his body to cool down? Only problem is that football organism doesnt cool down quick. Personally, I have insulted my fiancee because of an Arsenal joke she made.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
dolphinife: as an arsenal fan, if am watching my match, i always feel cold cos arsenal is not a sure team to win a match for real....so i put every distractions and obstacles away by switching off my phones, lock myself inside my room......no dare devil dare come to knock or disturb me.....if i could leave my hospital bed when i was hospitalised to go and watch arsenal match, how much more my wife disturbing me.....UP GUNNERS
This is called "belle bursting" comment.U mean u left your hospital bed just for foot.....
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
Soso990240: and u knw how many times dm de talk 4 phone in a day? Una no de tire? Persn go call girl 4 mornin,aftanoon and night..wetin una de talk no de finish?
laughter at d junction, we no de tire, especially in a distant relationship.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by realitychick: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
OK Now,,,majority here supports the football stuff.Lets look at it this way,
After football,what next?yeah i knw that there s this excitement and fulfillment one derives from it,
But for whatsoever reason lets put the right thing in its place.Priorities now.
Humans and things, which first?Thats where respects comes in.
Dont allow your Obsession over a thing to Ruin your relationship with a dear one.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
pc guru:
seriously prefer wrestling , a bunch of grown men acting, please come over to UFC and you will never go back to WWF
lol

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by sage2(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
BABE!:

Another sensible lady in the house.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by iebanehita(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
ammyluv2002: Dude, You are saying this because you don't LOVE football...I'm a lady & I love football with all my heart, everybody around me knows I don't joke with football. Anytime, my club are playing & my guy calls, once I say "I'm watching our game" he will be like " Ok, will call you back" because he knows I'm not listening 2 any thing he's saying at that moment especially if we are loosing so my dear, is all about understanding, knowing when to let him be. I suggest, u try and develop little interest on his team so you will know when his club are playing, when they loose & when they win so you will know how to handle his mood at that particular moment. My guy, never liked football but developed interest because of me & also likes my club now....lol he calls to Sympathize with me anytime we lost a game even without me telling him so is all about compromise. #teamManunited# heading 2 our 20th league title, can't wait 2 see Vidic with the cup...lol

Babe, 3GBOSA for u. UNITED NONI. Nt evn Mancini cn stp us frm clinging to dt 20th title.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
reality.chick:
After football,what next?yeah i knw that there s this excitement and fulfillment one derives from it,
Dont allow your Obsession over a thing to Ruin your relationship with a dear one.
Dont allow your Obsession over a thing to Ruin your relationship with a dear one.Sir,Moresense to your brain. ANHYDROUS AMMONIA WON'T KILL U.aMEN
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kneatswan: 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
whatever she has to say,have to wait until after arsenal match.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Kgdavid(m): 2:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
used to be as mad as anyone about the game and im pretty sure ive done very unimaginable things for football. e.g quit a job cuz i was called to work on saturday and united were playing at that time. now i was a teenager devoid of responsibility at the time which has changed now and i see that its very unreasonable to be addicted to anything and the fact that so many other men are like that simply does not justify this. if football controls you this much then unfortunately football is your master which would be sad. some can postpone weddings for a game?? really?? that i quite sad... it shows a deep level of selfishness and immaturity which seems to be quite pervasive in our society and leaves me inclined to believe that that we simply are not ready to make progress as a people.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by michtob(m): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool

God bless you for this. Wish all ladies understand dis. All the best
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by iebanehita(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
reality.chick:

Haba. Read Uju post na. Its a game of 90mins. Bsyd, its mor dn a game, its a stress reliever.if she respects u, she has to respect ur hobbies unarguably,,n wat maks u happy.

If it b d case dt she always has sumtn pressin to discuss wit u wen ur team wnts to play,,den she is up to sumtn.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by braxjay(m): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
FULL RESPECT TO Ujujoan , U SHALL NEVER LACK WISDOM IJN
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Agbenyiess: Person dey find meat inside soup, kpomo dey raise im hand...na wa o.

Bros na human being u call Kponmo like this. Roflmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.