Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,680 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16700 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by tyson55(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

i does not agree with you. your advice is nothing but bad character. u encourage breakup and divorses for the advice. for the fiance to calling at that time shows important of issue in discuss. why cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call? what if the fiance is in critical emergencies? not picking the call may be catostrophical in conclusion. my felow mens, we should learn devote times to ur ladies becaus it is excellent.
ss for the poster, you does not have to be defeted. seat him down and talk senses in him. i belief he will repent. may God help your marriages. amen.

Boy or is it lady? You just murdered grammar. grin grin grin grin but i still want to believe you did it deliberately. Lol
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kokoye(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

i does not agree with you. your advice is nothing but bad character. u encourage breakup and divorses for the advice. for the fiance to calling at that time shows important of issue in discuss. why cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call? what if the fiance is in critical emergencies? not picking the call may be catostrophical in conclusion. my felow mens, we should learn devote times to ur ladies becaus it is excellent.
ss for the poster, you does not have to be defeted. seat him down and talk senses in him. i belief he will repent. may God help your marriages. amen.

Simply becos I do not agree with your post, I will point out some your weapons of mass destruction! I dont even care if your post is a joke.

- i does not agree with you
- cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call
- what if the fiance is in critical emergencies
- my felow mens
- you does not have to be defeted
- seat him down and talk senses in him
- i belief he will repent

Yea, I am a learner ..yab me all you want.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
acaolly1:

50 matches may be played a day but as a fan of a particular club, you are most interested in your favorite team match only. Mostly, fans leave after their favorite teams match.

in rare occasions you want to watch other matches if the result of the match will have an impact on your team position but most time u want to hear the result of other matches only.

send a txt and get one back the issue can wait for all i care.

I must be an alien not to know men have dedicated Saturdays for sports only! Whether it's your club playing or not Saturday is a no go area for most women. Let's now add that the poster is in a long distant relationship. The horror! cheesy
But as I said na una sabi. I hope you'd also send a text when I'm involved in my own excesses. grin cool I found out they very much hate it and are even more angry when you do what they do to you. grin Men for you! grin Tehehehe
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by realitychick: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
iebanehita:

Haba. Read Uju post na. Its a game of 90mins. Bsyd, its mor dn a game, its a stress reliever.if she respects u, she has to respect ur hobbies unarguably,,n wat maks u happy.

If it b d case dt she always has sumtn pressin to discuss wit u wen ur team wnts to play,,den she is up to sumtn.
I dont need to read other peoples comment before i state my opinion to an issue.
With all these goodies which you stated that one derives from football, are you insinuating that a dear one can only offer the opposite.CONTROL your obsession for THINGS.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by claremont(m): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool
Endex! grin
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
stillwater: Game of 90 mins my foot! They can play more than five matches in a day, then let's add 'Match of the day' on top of it all. undecided Considering it's a long distance relationship, get prepared not to hear from him. tongue

@pkween just let him be. Because there's no miracle on earth that will make him understand. I think it's also a good thing for you when you do stuff he doesn't agree with. You give him back his advice that he be 'considerate' and there's nothing you can do to get 'your priorities' in order. wink

Who will sit and watch 5 matches a day shocked when one is not a robot grin

Just one high-profile match is enough to highlight a man's day. We brace up for it and hang on for the whole 90mins. . .

And you wonder that out of all the 1440mins in a day, it is during that sensational and electrified 90mins that the woman chooses to call you. grin

Normally if it very important issues you leave the screen and attend to it immediately. . .but you find that 97.9999% of the times its just the usual flimsy lady care issues like she misses you or you should be home already, she needs something or others that can truely wait . . .

But its normal anyways. Women will make a rival out of anything grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by aigjoey(m): 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
woman, football is life... U have to love it and love ur man for loving football.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
It is really bad sad...I could remember the day I was so thirsty and my friend had N50 with him to watch Barca Match..He said he cant give me any money to buy pure water but when he saw that the situation is getting worse, he had to give me N10 outta the money to buy water..He prefers to go hungry than to miss Barca Match..WTF!!!! shocked
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Jerryjat(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gud Gal...
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by cr7lomo: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
D best tin is not 2 pik calls til afta d match, den tel her u were chargin ur fone
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by sage2(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
jennykadry:

I can bet my left butt cheek that the fiancee had nothing important to discuss but just wanted attention. He had a life before he met her and will continue to have one after he marries her. When a woman starts thinking of what is important and what isn't it in cases like this, a man better watch his step cos She is an ultimatum candidate

Unbelievable! Here goes another good and sensible woman.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by baby4u2(f): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2013
Na so so bad advice dey this thread.

All those matches the players/team dont even know ur name, you want to postpone, time and effort to a relationship?

My people wake up.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by sage2(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

Who b dis? Comot for road, Joor.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dolphinife: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
I can't even remember how many times i've forfeited my last kobo just to watch arsenal match. From day one of our relationship, my GF will of course be aware of my close intimacy to any arsenal match....so no damn distractions within that 90 minutes should and can distract me....come to think of it, dnt we see all those old men and women watching football with glitz in premiership
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool
U r the type every man desire in a crucial moment like that. Thumps Up
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by lafuria1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
baby4u2: Na so so bad advice dey this thread.

All those matches the players/team dont even know ur name, you want to postpone, time and effort to a relationship?

My people wake up.

the people in africa magic, BBA , all the mexican soap operas you watch, do they know you too? whats the point of talking to him when is attention is somewhere else, you finish talking and cant remember a single word you say.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Soyedele1: It is really bad sad...I could remember the day I was so thirsty and my friend had N50 with him to watch Barca Match..He said he cant give me any money to buy pure water but when he saw that the situation is getting worse, he had to give me N10 outta the money to buy water..He prefers to go hungry than to miss Barca Match..WTF!!!! shocked

And you can say this publicly!

"He said he cant give me any money to buy pure water"......"he had to give me N10 outta the money to buy water"

Are you crippled or a disabled guy? angry WTF!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by baby4u2(f): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
la furia:

the people in africa magic, BBA , all the mexican soap operas you watch, do they know you too? whats the point of talking to him when is attention is somewhere else, you finish talking and cant remember a single word you say.

Addiction is the word. I never said i sacrifice that over a relationship honey.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
kokoye:

Ole!
Barawo!!
Thief!!!
Army Roba!!!!
Jaguda!!!!!

You no see from her post say she don marry?

You must be a learner

btw Uju, how many new male followers have you gained with that your post..apart from me of course? wink

grin grin grin
The thing no be small thing ohhh . . . see as I don turn popular becos of football. Who knew men were this easy . . cheesy cheesy
Me ke, perfect wife? I laugh in japanese . . . grin
If that's wat it takes to make men happy, then more EPL abeg! cheesy cheesy cool cool
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
baby4u2: Na so so bad advice dey this thread.

My people wake up.

Your people are wide awake!

When you drink a bottle of coke, does the coca-cola company know your name? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by xavipedro(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Chei !!!!! Omalicha nwa.....I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere apologies to you and your mom for not attending your dad's funeral because i had to watch El Classico...I love you but i love football more.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by slyy: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more than that!
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
jennykadry:

I can bet my left butt cheek that the fiancee had nothing important to discuss but just wanted attention. He had a life before he met her and will continue to have one after he marries her. When a woman starts thinking of what is important and what isn't it in cases like this, a man better watch his step cos She is an ultimatum candidate

You are right Jenny . . .
I honestly don't understand all these my-fiance-must-be-at-my-beck-and-call women. The whole idea is just wrong . .
As a woman, I'd hate for a man to expect my life to stand still because of him; how much more a man? undecided undecided
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by rajazzmine(f): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
I du hope d managers of d futbal clubs wil b dr 2 hlp d man tk care of d consequencies of ignorin a vry imprtnt cal. Yeah,we kw mst guyz r crazy abt futbal,also kw dt u dnt wana ignor sm cals atimes. Set u priorities rght.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by baby4u2(f): 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2013
breezy047:

Your people are wide awake!

When you drink a bottle of coke, does the coca-cola company know your name? grin grin

Na so, am not addicted. Addiction is the word grin.

I know the die hards will defend forever.

Addiction is bad.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Adeyeancah(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?
Do yu mean yu called up yur fiance?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by fatanmiyinka(f): 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
let him watch his football and i will concentrate on something else, wen he is tru, he can have the talk....no time for argument
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
imperiouxx:

And you can say this publicly!

"He said he cant give me any money to buy pure water"......"he had to give me N10 outta the money to buy water"

Are you crippled or a disabled guy? angry WTF!

Nah, I'm not!!! It was the time when things were terribly hard for both of us..We had trekked for about an hour and I was so tired and I needed to drink water(Sachet water) and he needed his own money to watch Barcelona Match..I am just the type that do without water.. sad
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
baby4u2:

Na so, am not addicted. Addiction is the word grin.

I know the die hards will defend forever.

Addiction is bad.

Addiction is bad but one finds one thing as excess in one's life either you're a(n) pastor/president/man/woman/infant/pope/evildoer. It doesn't necessarily mean soccer but I'm talking of all ramifications of life. When one is alive, one or more addiction(s) sustain(s) him/her. So, you have one addiction too.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by fatanmiyinka(f): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
wait a minute! wat is it wit men and football sef? wat if it is a mata of life and death? wud u have told her to wait? i beliv love shud give chance to somethings.....infact if my man shud leave football for me, it will be a guarantee of love.......thnk God he is not a football addict anyway grin
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dddaaayyyooo(m): 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Understanding is what U need, u know he likes Football, when itz time for it, Let him be, when d game is over he will tell U
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by nkay1888(f): 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
I'm a lady but I love watching football too. There was a time I was addicted to it. I know all the players, their clubs and their countries. I love arsenal fc and I follow all their players on twitter. During summer I folow their transfer deals. Infact guys used to be amazed when I talk abt football. So I know when I get married, my hubby and I will be watching footbal matches together. I just pray he will be an arsenal fan too. It will be fun.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.