Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance (16697 Views)

Practical Approach To Dealing With Past Hurt And Mistakes / Dealing With Pressures From Single Girls / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by amanda2013(f): 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
i also pray u guys wil learn to undastand ur wives or gf wen she is also indulged in her favourite hubby and refuses to ans ur call. Ths undastanding shuld nt be one sided.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by optimusprime2(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
This is one area I don't interfere with in my man's life . .
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
I won't lie, it used to be veeeeery annoying, but that's men and football!
Just because he's your fiance doesn't mean his life has to end . .
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided
Abeg no drink panadol for unnecessary headache! cool
kai kai kai kai kai kai... Nnah enh... ejo o...
Na only God go bless you Uju, infact you shall never lack anything Good.
Surely Goodness and mercies shall follow you all the days of your life...
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kokoye(m): 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
sage_:

Don't tell me you are married. Please inbox me @ sage.mangel@yahoo.com. I have already told my mom about you. She is expecting me to bring you home.

Ole!
Barawo!!
Thief!!!
Army Roba!!!!
Jaguda!!!!!

You no see from her post say she don marry?

You must be a learner

btw Uju, how many new male followers have you gained with that your post..apart from me of course? wink
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Sezua(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
redfly:
This one na wife material
how many yards of d material?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by iebanehita(m): 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
Kgdavid: used to be as mad as anyone about the game and im pretty sure ive done very unimaginable things for football. e.g quit a job cuz i was called to work on saturday and united were playing at that time. now i was a teenager devoid of responsibility at the time which has changed now and i see that its very unreasonable to be addicted to anything and the fact that so many other men are like that simply does not justify this. if football controls you this much then unfortunately football is your master which would be sad. some can postpone weddings for a game?? really?? that i quite sad... it shows a deep level of selfishness and immaturity which seems to be quite pervasive in our society and leaves me inclined to believe that that we simply are not ready to make progress as a people.

WTF? Quit a job cz of ManU match?...wit al due respect, dt was very unwise of u. Evry match has a RESHOW. U cld av easily waited for it na. M a united fan,,bt cn't quit my job cz of a match.they r makin dier money,,so y cn't I make mine
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by pkween(f): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Thank you all. We have all learnt from this one way or the other.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Na wa oh . . . Who knew not fussing over footbal addiction could get a lady such attention undecided undecided
All my S&S sisters, hope you are learning oooo! cool cool cool cheesy
Which of ur Sis is S&S?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: Madam Ujujoan,thanks for stealing the thread with style,more of u and less of..........
Where u asking a question or seeking attention? Lol
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by feelamong(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2013
THATS WHY I MADE SURE THAT THE WOMAN I MARRIED HAD TO BE ONE THAT COULD UNDERSTAND THE OFF SIDE RULE IN FOOTY! undecided
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ujujoan: Fist off, if he's in a public bar, the noise will be too much for you guys to have a reasonable conversation. It'll be better if you waited for him to get home.
Secondly, what is so important that you couldn't wait for a 90mins game to be over? undecided
I used to think football was just a game until I met him . . To these fanatics, it's more than a game. It's like their life!
Every day Chelsea has an important match to play, I pray and fast for them to win cos if they lose, I'll have a lottttt of consoling to do!
What will you do when you guys are married with kids crying and running all over the place, and his ignoring you and concentrating on SS because champions league finals is on undecided undecided

God bless you too much Ujujoan....... You and your hubby no go die young. I haven't seen any reasonable comment from a lady like this before about men and their soccer-life in my life.

Americans (any gender) can die when it's time for their super-ball - ordinary egg ball called football. How much more real football...... African women should stop taking their hubbies' love for soccer as their rivals.

$100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 likes

Your grade: A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by kekilika: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
amanda2013: i also pray u guys wil learn to undastand ur wives or gf wen she is also indulged in her favourite hubby and refuses to ans ur call. Ths undastanding shuld nt be one sided.
there is sense in this ooo
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
I have a beloved friend I call my sister and her husband is mad on football. They have two young kids together. Many tears. His love for football has invaded their family time. There is a selfishness associated with his behaviour that is making him repulsive to her. It's not a small issue! shocked
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by dabrake(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2013
if your chelsea-fan guy calls you or receive your call 30min into a Man.U vs Chelsea game with chelsea leading by a(or 2) goal(s), believe me, he loves you.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by crusufixo(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2013

Singing Duncan Mighty * Asan nwa !! Asan nwa !!! Asan nwa !!! baby......... Uju !! Uju !! wen i think about the tin u just tuk, sometin dey tell me to marry u !!! becos everytin for this tread, na u !! na u !! na u !! na u !!!, u be the best quality of wife ye !! obian uju biko !! na u !! na u !! ewo !!! Asan nwa !! Asan nwa !!! Asan nwa !!! baby

Thumbs up to you Ujujoan !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2013

No need to read the thread further. She nailed it just right. I keep telling my female friends this 'ish'.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by acaolly1(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Girls pls tell me, is watching football not better than womanizing? if your guy is football addicted i think its better than for him to be running after girls now? if the issue cant wait for 90mins i beg keep the issue to yourself football is life.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by IkeNwanyiCalaba: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2013

i does not agree with you. your advice is nothing but bad character. u encourage breakup and divorses for the advice. for the fiance to calling at that time shows important of issue in discuss. why cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call? what if the fiance is in critical emergencies? not picking the call may be catostrophical in conclusion. my felow mens, we should learn devote times to ur ladies becaus it is excellent.
ss for the poster, you does not have to be defeted. seat him down and talk senses in him. i belief he will repent. may God help your marriages. amen.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match[b] be more important than the conversation with his fiancée[/b] in a distant courting relationship?

I can bet my left butt cheek that the fiancee had nothing important to discuss but just wanted attention. He had a life before he met her and will continue to have one after he marries her. When a woman starts thinking of what is important and what isn't it in cases like this, a man better watch his step cos She is an ultimatum candidate
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

i does not agree with you. your advice is nothing but bad character. u encourage breakup and divorses for the advice. for the fiance to calling at that time shows important of issue in discuss. why cannot the man say excuse me to other mens and step outside picking the call? what if the fiance is in critical emergencies? not picking the call may be catostrophical in conclusion. my felow mens, we should learn devote times to ur ladies becaus it is excellent.
ss for the poster, you does not have to be defeted. seat him down and talk senses in him. i belief he will repent. may God help your marriages. amen.

Ok this is a joke right? grin grin grin I mean the post not the message..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by tellwisdom: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2013
Cornel88: .*with due respect* Make we here word.
Bros na "hear" thank u undecided
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Game of 90 mins my foot! They can play more than five matches in a day, then let's add 'Match of the day' on top of it all. undecided Considering it's a long distance relationship, get prepared not to hear from him. tongue

@pkween just let him be. Because there's no miracle on earth that will make him understand. I think it's also a good thing for you when you do stuff he doesn't agree with. You give him back his advice that he be 'considerate' and there's nothing you can do to get 'your priorities' in order. wink
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
Flytefalls: I have a beloved friend I call my sister and her husband is mad on football. They have two young kids together. Many tears. His love for football has invaded their family time. There is a selfishness associated with his behaviour that is making him repulsive to her. It's not a small issue! shocked
Very simple case. Ask her to sit him down and request for the timetable of his clubs matches. If na anyhow club na 1ce a week but if na better club like Manutd na like 2wice or thrice a week. Free him during those times ! Except if na emergency.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by acaolly1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Otondo

IkeNwanyiCalaba:

1 Like

Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by REDshouse(m): 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
my mum is a die hard soccer fan at 60yrs and my dad @ 75plus is otherwise but he got no option than to cope with her, she would do match analysis as if she is a pundit....the love of soccer is not limited to guys only next tym there is match follow ur financeor whatever to watch the match and enjoy it as u enjoy seeexxxx
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by gfay: 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

SERIOUSLY?
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by acaolly1(m): 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
stillwater: Game of 90 mins my foot! They can play more than five matches in a day, then let's add 'Match of the day' on top of it all. undecided Considering it's a long distance relationship, get prepared not to hear from him. tongue

@pkween just let him be. Because there's no miracle on earth that will make him understand. I think it's also a good thing for you when you do stuff he doesn't agree with. You give him back his advice that he be 'considerate' and there's nothing you can do to get 'your priorities' in order. wink

50 matches may be played a day but as a fan of a particular club, you are most interested in your favorite team match only. Mostly, fans leave after their favorite teams match.

in rare occasions you want to watch other matches if the result of the match will have an impact on your team position but most time u want to hear the result of other matches only.

send a txt and get one back the issue can wait for all i care.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by andyanders: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
pkween: A fiancée called up her fiancé yester night and the reply she got was, this is a bad time to call me because I am seeing a match. Tell me, can his watching of football match be more important than the conversation with his fiancée in a distant courting relationship?

Yes, every other thing become nothing. I can watch match 24/7 if possible and my wife respects my football privacy. So, just accept the man or go find another one and allow him be. Football is stress remover.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Elueme: 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
One kind of lady i wish to be the mother of my kids.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
gfay:
Very simple case. Ask her to sit him down and request for the timetable of his clubs matches. If na anyhow club na 1ce a week but if na better club like Manutd na like 2wice or thrice a week. Free him during those times ! Except if na emergency.
lol sorry to say, but she has tried to work his hobbies around his family. He's probably just one example of a man not fit for marriage tbh. I worry because now I see her fed up of tears and being left alone with the kids. She'll walk eventually, I already see it.
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by laykhorn(m): 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
Valiantvaliant: The comments so far imply that all men are addicted to football but thats not so and i am one of the few exceptions, so ma'am if you are intrested, do indicate,
If you're thinking its a stereotype for men to watch football, you're siting on a table without legs...
And did she say she hate her man for being a football addict?
Did she say she needs a man who doesn't watch football??
Apply for what
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
supaeagles: Just deny him "the thing" for some time ..... he will then realize that footy is not as important and will pick race to receive your call grin
On the other hand, try and understand small - if it is just a casual conversation that can wait, the game will be over sooner than you think.
I hope he is not an Arsenal fan though, it is quite likely he may be very vexed at the end of the game wink
U fevking a.s.s wat does arsenal av to do wit dis. Beta respect ur akpaife o
Re: Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance by imperiouxx(m): 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
IkeNwanyiCalaba:

Absolute bullshiit!. It's like you don't know soccer is just for 90 minutes, once a week or couple of weeks and not 24 hours, 7 days in a week. Believe me, emergency can't choose to happen within that 90 mins of soccer unless the wife is possessed. If a hubby needs sense talk because of that, then I guess the wifey must be a pain in the a-ss type who always sees herself as rival to even the smallest thing hubby loves. God please don't bring such wife close to me ooooo. Amen!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Parenting In The Digital Age / Puma Slides Available For Sale. 100% AUTHENTIC. / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.