Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Myopia Of Atheism - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myopia Of Atheism (8778 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thehomer: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
Deep Sight:

A self existent thing cannot change.

Self existent things are intrinsically permanent in nature. That is the very quality of self existence.

Permanent intangible self existent things. Such as infinite time, infinite space and infinite permutations.

How on earth did you arrive at these conclusions? Or are you just pulling them out of some deep abyss? To me, you're just making them up.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje1: 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
ijawkid:

The first humans that existed were given birth to BY WHO??........

By humans, who else?. . .I think I some what agree with evolution here. . .that humans evolved gradually over time because DNA sequencing agrees with that, it shows that morden day humans can trace their ancestry to a group of humans that lived in africa about 200,000 thousand years ago. . .

And I'm happy you know not all stars were formed from the explosion of other stars....and such planetary bodies are the earth,sun and moon..........

False, our own solar system came about as a result of an explosion, the resulting left over from the explosion still remain and are orbiting the sun. . .The asteriods and coments are the left over materials from the super nova explosion, that gave birth to our solar system, they are just orbiting aimlessly round the sun, colliding with earth other and forming dwarf planets, many are also colliding with other planets as well. . .

These bodies were made for US........

really?. . .Why not for the dinosours that lived for millions of years before us?. . .

Why are we humans here on earth??.........why earth??........

I don't know. . .

You can keep on searching for Life in other planets,but I would want you to answer why we humans are on planet earth....why earth..?

There are billions of trillions of planets out there in the universe, so its VERY possible that there is life out there, we just can not know because it is impossible for us to know. . .if life is out there which i believe there is, then why are they also there?. . .

I know conditions here on earth are different from that in space....that I know!!!!..........

My point is if that scientist did not carry out that experiment would the grain of salt and the bottle have gone to space by itself??.........

Someone had to kick start the experiment abi??..........

What is this? shifting the goal post again. . .I just wanted to show you that comparing the earth and what happens inside it with a very different environment like space is just ludacrious. . .They are not the same. . .if explosions destroy things here on earth it doesn't mean it will destroy things outside in speace so the environment and conditions are very different..they are not the same. . .Grains of salt behave very differently here on earth and in space. . .life does the same to. .It survies here but will not survive there. . .

Na so o my bro....grin

Nothing do u baba. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2013
mazaje1:

By humans, who else?. . .I think I some what agree with evolution here. . .that humans evolved gradually over time because DNA sequencing agrees with that, it shows that morden day humans can trace their ancestry to a group of humans that lived in africa about 200,000 thousand years ago. . .
How are you sure about the figure??.....where are the pictures of these humans??......

You have no choice but to believe in evolution because you don't believe the first set of humans were created and then set to reproduce there kind....

And may I ask:::....where did humans evolve from??...

mazaje1:

False, our own solar system came about as a result of an explosion, the resulting left over from the explosion still remain and are orbiting the sun. . .The asteriods and coments are the left over materials from the super nova explosion, that gave birth to our solar system, they are just orbiting aimlessly round the sun, colliding with earth other and forming dwarf planets, many are also colliding with other planets as well. . .
I have to disagree with the bolded
...Our solar system could not and never came into existence as a result of an explosion............
the features of our solar system is so just made for US for it to be a product of an explosion........

You might ask:::::....why didn't our solar system have more than one SUN after the explosion??.......why just ONE??.......I'm trying so hard to fix myself in your shoes........

mazaje1:

really?. . .Why not for the dinosours that lived for millions of years before us?. . .

It was also made for the dinosaurs too.......cheesy....it was made for all living things....

mazaje1:

I don't know. . .

Ask your scientists how we landed in this planet that ofcourse was a product of an explosion...........

mazaje1:

There are billions of trillions of planets out there in the universe, so its VERY possible that there is life out there, we just can not know because it is impossible for us to know. . .if life is out there which i believe there is, then why are they also there?. . .
Are you not exhibiting the quality of FAITH by saying the bolded??.......

If there is LIFE and other humans or homosapien in other planets where is the proof??.........

mazaje1:

What is this? shifting the goal post again. . .I just wanted to show you that comparing the earth and what happens inside it with a very different environment like space is just ludacrious. . .They are not the same. . .if explosions destroy things here on earth it doesn't mean it will destroy things outside in speace so the environment and conditions are very different..they are not the same. . .Grains of salt behave very differently here on earth and in space. . .life does the same to. .It survies here but will not survive there. . .
I know about the varying conditions ooo......
I'm only making a pe®tinent point which ofcou
rse you can discern

Who created the varying conditions??.....chÀnce created them ??......

I'm not shÍfting the goal post.........

Remember I'm here to show you that the universe had a beginning..........cheesy......
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
Deep Sight:

A self existent thing cannot change.

Self existent things are intrinsically permanent in nature. That is the very quality of self existence.

Permanent intangible self existent things. Such as infinite time, infinite space and infinite permutations.

The reasoning is that -

1. At all events, some thing or the other must self exist for anything to exist.

2. This is because something cannot emerge from nothing.

3.That which self exists can only be that which is permanent, non contingent, intrinsically necessary, and could not but exist: and as such, exists by default.

4. It is not reasoned that this factor is mutable: it is reasoned that this factor is the permanent somethingness which is the seed of reality as we know it.

5. As such it is the effects from the cause that infinitely change and not the the cause that changes.

We have very little scientific understanding of the universe as yet.

This is very well said and profound. I will have to ask you however if time and space exist, and then I will have to ask you if they move: or if we move in them.

That is the agnostic's position.

1. You maintain a belief that God as a self existent being is unchangeable, and at a time indivisible however that contradicts your other belief that Creation is ex deo. That is the Universe and its material constituents are a part of God who is supposedly unchangeable and transcendent.

2. It is logically untenable to maintain the infinity of time. Infinite time supposes that time neither has a beginning nor end. And neither does it approach any particular point of time. If time is infinite, then it took an infinite period for the Universe to spring up. Thereupon the moment when the universe springs up is unapproachable.

3. Self existence in my belief is qualified by a prior fact. Causality can exist on only complexity, in that part is built on part. Abstracts and mathematical truths are not complex parts, hence are simple and therefore uncaused and self existent. If God as you say is the cause of all existing entities, he breaks down into smaller parts, parts unwrapped from parts to form our Universe as it is.

God if complex can not be an uncaused cause.

4. Your much touted principle "Something can not come out of Nothing" accepts the permanence of reality/existence, hence all things exist either in actuality or as a potential. We both accept some primordial state had always existed, but I go further in dispensing with the NEED for a discretionary visionary Creator, because the character/laws of the primordial state already allows for potentials.

1 Like

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje1: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
ijawkid:
How are you sure about the figure??.....where are the pictures of these humans??......

You have no choice but to believe in evolution because you don't believe the first set of humans were created and then set to reproduce there kind....

And may I ask:::....where did humans evolve from??...

I don't believe in evolution, i said some how agree with evolution because it has provided some evidence that humans evolved. . It might be tenous but all the same it makes some sense. . .DNA sequencing, has done that already. . .It is actually the reason why many theist accept evolution in Europe and America. . . .If all humans came from one man and one woman, DNA can be used to trace it. . . .

I have to disagree with the bolded
...Our solar system could not and never came into existence as a result of an explosion............
the features of our solar system is so just made for US for it to be a product of an explosion........

Then how do you explain the debris scattered all over the solar system?. . .Asteriods and comets and other floating bodies that are scattered all over the solar system orbiting the sun aimlessly and causing destruction came about because of what?. . .What accounts for the debris all over our solar system?. . .Its very clear that they are left over materials from the explaosion that gave birth to our solar system. . .Comets have water in them. and they brought water to the planet. In fact, they are just rock, dust, water ice, and frozen gases. . .They have landed into the earth and have been studied. . .

You might ask:::::....why didn't our solar system have more than one SUN after the explosion??.......why just ONE??.......I'm trying so hard to fix myself in your shoes........

Because many solar systems have just one sun. . .many solar systems created after a super nova have only one sun. . .There pictures from hubble and other space observatories are all over the net showing these things. . .

It was also made for the dinosaurs too.......cheesy....it was made for all living things....

yet they all went extinct and lived for many years before humans came around?. . .

Ask your scientists how we landed in this planet that ofcourse was a product of an explosion...........

They said we evolved. . .They have been able to provide some evidence even though i do not find it convincing. ..Where is the evidence that some god spoke birds into life using the hebrew language?. . .

Are you not exhibiting the quality of FAITH by saying the bolded??.......

If there is LIFE and other humans or homosapien in other planets where is the proof??.........

I just believe and it is possible that my belief is false, but based on the fact that we have billions of trillions of planets its possible that life will exist on some of them since life exist on earth which is also a planet. . .It is impossible for humans to know if other planets have life in them..they are too far away. . .We can only see them through very powerful telescopes that are in placed space. . .We can never know cos its impossible to know

I know about the varying conditions ooo......
I'm only making a pe®tinent point which ofcou
rse you can discern

Ok. . .

Who created the varying conditions??.....chÀnce created them ??......

I'm not shÍfting the goal post.........

I don't know but its possible that chance created them. . .Just as chance and mindless forces creater hurricanes, rainbow and heavy storms. . .

Remember I'm here to show you that the universe had a beginning..........cheesy......

So?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by plaetton: 1:24am On Apr 30, 2013
Kay 17:

1. You maintain a belief that God as a self existent being is unchangeable, and at a time indivisible however that contradicts your other belief that Creation is ex deo. That is the Universe and its material constituents are a part of God who is supposedly unchangeable and transcendent.

2. It is logically untenable to maintain the infinity of time. Infinite time supposes that time neither has a beginning nor end. And neither does it approach any particular point of time. If time is infinite, then it took an infinite period for the Universe to spring up. Thereupon the moment when the universe springs up is unapproachable.

3. Self existence in my belief is qualified by a prior fact. Causality can exist on only complexity, in that part is built on part. Abstracts and mathematical truths are not complex parts, hence are simple and therefore uncaused and self existent. If God as you say is the cause of all existing entities, he breaks down into smaller parts, parts unwrapped from parts to form our Universe as it is.

God if complex can not be an uncaused cause.

4. Your much touted principle "Something can not come out of Nothing" accepts the permanence of reality/existence, hence all things exist either in actuality or as a potential. We both accept some primordial state had always existed, but I go further in dispensing with the NEED for a discretionary visionary Creator, because the character/laws of the primordial state already allows for potentials.

Bravo.
almost same things I said, but you put them in a more elegant way.

2 Likes

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 6:29am On Apr 30, 2013
mazaje1:

I don't believe in evolution, i said some how agree with evolution because it has provided some evidence that humans evolved. . It might be tenous but all the same it makes some sense. . .DNA sequencing, has done that already. . .It is actually the reason why many theist accept evolution in Europe and America. . . .If all humans came from one man and one woman, DNA can be used to trace it. . . .
And my question still stands::: if you some hÓw buy the idea of evolution a little ,where did the first humans evolve from??...... don't we know that a careful study of our DNA's shows that we all came from one ancestor??.....

mazaje1:

Then how do you explain the debris scattered all over the solar system?. . .Asteriods and comets and other floating bodies that are scattered all over the solar system orbiting the sun aimlessly and causing destruction came about because of what?. . .What accounts for the debris all over our solar system?. . .Its very clear that they are left over materials from the explaosion that gave birth to our solar system. . .Comets have water in theÉm. and they brought water to the planet. In fact, they are just rock, dust, water ice, and frozen gases. . .They have landed into the earth and have been studied. . .

They are runnÍng Àround aimlessly Ànd at the end of the day cluster up to form new stars??....what accounts for the debris is what you your self know(explosion) and I am telling you that our solar system isn't a product of that because it supports LIFE....I am trying to tell you that we and our solar system aren't a product of an explosion.....

Do yoÙ really believe in the second bolded??...well if sciÉntists are right it still supports the fact that it was orchestrated and done by an intelligent designer so that we can enjoy the sea's,oÇeans Ànd rivers....cheesy

mazaje1:

Because many solar systems have just one sun. . .many solar systems created after a super nova have only one sun. . .There pictures from hubble and other space observatories are all over the net showing these things. . .

Who or what ensured that we(humans) exist within a solar system with just one SUN??........and can we by any means live and cope in the other solar systems with just one SUN like ours??.....

mazaje1:

They said we evolved. . .They have been able to provide some evidence even though i do not find it convincing. ..Where is the evidence that some god spoke birds into life using the hebrew language?. . .

cheesy.....since you don't find them convincing then let's move on....why don't you try to be fair by giving it a thought to welcome the idea of an intelligent designer...our DNA's are enough to tell you that we were infact designed by someone..........

mazaje1:

I just believe and it is possible that my belief is false, but based on the fact that we have billions of trillions of planets its possible that life will exist on some of them since life exist on earth which is also a planet. . .It is impossible for humans to know if other planets have life in them..they are too far away. . .We can only see them through very powerful telescopes that are in placed space. . .We can never know cos its impossible to know

And you still believe its possible...my brother you get Faith oooo......cheesy...

Well let's keep studying our planet
And solar §ystem anÐ see the handi work of the creator...

mazaje1:

I don't know but its possible that chance created them. . .Just as chance and mindless forces creater hurricanes, rainbow and heavy storms. . .
Lol.......what about the depletion of the ozone layer??.....cheesy....

All of these are not mere random chance my bro.......nothÍng as far a§ the universe is Çoncerned came by or occurs by Chance.......

1 Like

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2013
mazaje1:

The truth is what they wrote down is not what you copied from the christian apologetic website, by the way, what you posated is NOT you own making or writing, you copied it from the cosmic finger website a website I am already familiar with. . .So, stop claiming that you wrote it. . .Its not your writing but a copy paste. . .The author completely tries to force the bible to agree with what mordern science has revealed. . .He even lies againt the bible. . .the bible is very clear, it talks about non existening things like a firmament that was created on the second day of creation to divide the waters above and the waters below, it talks about god creating the sun, stars and moon on the 4th day of creation and placing them in the firmament to give ligft unto the earth and other nonsense. . The author whose writing you copied, used scientific knowledge and tried to force it to blend with the bible by changing everything, he talked about clouds of dust, eaarths core etc, things the writers of the genesis myth never knew. . .Christians and Jews that are honest and know better just say it is an allegory, instead of lying to themselves and trying to force what science has revealed to agree with the bible which is actually a dishonest thing to do. . .

Your failure to disprove that truth is very obvious. If it was "copied and pasted", as you claim that's what I did, does that negate the truth found in the scriptures and confirmed by modern science regarding the order in which things first appeared here on earth? What you are attacking is a sign of failure on your part.You think everyone is feeding from the same website(s) as you? Go back to that post, read through it and the cited scriptures therein, then come and see if you'll still like what you put up here.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2013
mazaje1:

The truth is what they wrote down is not what you copied from the christian apologetic website, by the way, what you posated is NOT you own making or writing, you copied it from the cosmic finger website a website I am already familiar with. . .

truthislight:

I dont know where you get your information from(maybe you have to verify the more).

When i read the bible, the first thing i see is this :

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." (Genesis 1:1).

Freksy:

I like that question up there. In his post i think he mentioned "Christian apologists" ... Lol.

The more many try to disprove Genesis 1:1, the more they prove that the heaven and the earth can't be the products of one undirected/unguided explosion, but were carefully designed.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Kay17: 10:46am On Apr 30, 2013
Freksy:

Your failure to disprove that truth is very obvious. If it was "copied and pasted", as you claim that's what I did, does that negate the truth found in the scriptures and confirmed by modern science regarding the order in which things first appeared here on earth? What you are attacking is a sign of failure on your part.You think everyone is feeding from the same website(s) as you? Go back to that post, read through it and the cited scriptures therein, then come and see if you'll still like what you put up here.

Mr Freksy, what is Truth?

If we know what Truth is, we can confirm what is contained in the Scriptures as truth.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2013
mazaje1:

The conditions on earth is VERY different from out there in space, the universe is not a human society or the earth and as such has no reason to behave like the earth,

Up to now you don't know you are in the universe, even after being corrected by ijawkid? Whatever thing you are doing on earth, is done in the universe. You can't run away from those questions, so re-visit them.

you can not even survive a second in space, but you survive here on earth, so i don't even know what you are talking about. . . .

Who ask you about survival in the space? Stop claiming ignorance of my questions. I know it's a common ploy by some of you.

Supa novas do happen and they give birth to new stars, which then give birth to new solar systems, our own solar system came about as a result of a super nova explosion . ..

Yes, keep going; a single blast of undirected explosion created things, organised them, set well defined laws that govern their activities, defined their relative positions etc, and they keep obeying these by chance for billions of years. 'I hear you'! Please kindly go back and answer those questions, for you are merely repeating what made me to ask them. Don't try to shy away by claiming again we are not in the universe, that will be another blatant lie.

there are picture evidence available taken but observatory like the hubble space telescope for all to see. . .You can keep shouting that scintific evidence provides backing for the biblical declaration but it doesn't make it so. . .

For all to see what? Intelligence/wisdom in the creator, "a chance cosmic explosion"?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje1: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
ijawkid:
And my question still stands::: if you some hÓw buy the idea of evolution a little ,where did the first humans evolve from??...... don't we know that a careful study of our DNA's shows that we all came from one ancestor??.....

The first humans evolved from ape like creates. . .I don't believe in the theory of evolution but it makes some sense. . .Especially human evolution. . .It makes some sense to me. . .

They are runnÍng Àround aimlessly Ànd at the end of the day cluster up to form new stars??....what accounts for the debris is what you your self know(explosion) and I am telling you that our solar system isn't a product of that because it supports LIFE....I am trying to tell you that we and our solar system aren't a product of an explosion.....

What are you saying?. . .The cluster up to form new planets. . .There are many dwarf planets in our solar system that came about as a result of their collision. . .Our solar systen isn't a resuit of an explosion but there are debris that are as a result of an explosion all over our solar system?.. .What are you saying?. . .I asked you how the asteroid and comets that are just moving aimlessly all over our sloar system came about?. . .

Do yoÙ really believe in the second bolded??...well if sciÉntists are right it still supports the fact that it was orchestrated and done by an intelligent designer so that we can enjoy the sea's,oÇeans Ànd rivers....cheesy

Seas oceans and rivers?. . .What about diseases, earth quakes, asteroid falling into the earth etc that are always destrying life and the earth planet it self?. . .Who created those and for what purpose?. . .

Who or what ensured that we(humans) exist within a solar system with just one SUN??........and can we by any means live and cope in the other solar systems with just one SUN like ours??.....

Sure we can, as long as the distance of the planet is enough from the sun to support life. . .There is a very high possibility of life out there, it just impossible for us here on earth to know. . .

cheesy.....since you don't find them convincing then let's move on....why don't you try to be fair by giving it a thought to welcome the idea of an intelligent designer...our DNA's are enough to tell you that we were infact designed by someone..........

Intelligent designer?. . .Why not designers?. . . .The human body isn't intelligently designed because it has a lot of errors and faults. . .If human beings are to design a human they will do a better job. . .Our eyes for example are made so poorly that images are formed at the back of the retina as a result billions of us are born with some form of natural eye defect(long or shortsightedness) because of such poor design, an intelligent designer will not design the human eyes so poorly that images will be formed at the back of the retina. . .Our backs are poorly formed in such a way that most of us will have natural back pains because of the way or spinal disc are formed. . .If humans are to design the body they will do a much better job. . .Take a look at the universe, colliding asteroids, exploding stars. . .Even the universe is out to kill us as it stands, the sun supports life but it also destroys life, over time it will destroy all life on the planet. . .We can not live in space. . .Even the planet is just trying to kill us all the time. . .natural disasters all the time, an asteriod can hit the earth and all life will end. . .One came a lil close to the earth sometime last year. . .The universe doesn't look intelligently designed too many flaws and errors every where. . .We don't design our houses and cars to self explode by themselves. . .

And you still believe its possible...my brother you get Faith oooo......cheesy...

the earth is a planet and it supports life. . .We know only about 5 percent of the universe. . .There are trillions of billions of planets in the universe, and only the ones in our solar system we can study and know if they have life on them, the rest are impossible for us to study and know. . .We can only see them with very powerful space telescopes like Kepler. . .We actually discovered that other planets orbit the stars about 12 years ago. . .before then we didn't even know that most of the stars are solar systems like our own. . .

Well let's keep studying our planet
And solar §ystem anÐ see the handi work of the creator...

We can see other solar system forming and we have not seen any creator guiding or using his hands to control anything. . .We just see natural forces at work. . .

Lol.......what about the depletion of the ozone layer??.....cheesy....

All of these are not mere random chance my bro.......nothÍng as far a§ the universe is Çoncerned came by or occurs by Chance.......

They look random, because when we take a look at them we see mindless forces just doing their thing. . .Is a hurricane the product of intelligent design?. . .What about an earth quake?. . .Are asteroids intelligently designed?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje1: 7:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
Freksy:

Firstly non of the said order is written in the bible. . .The bible is clear, it mentions things like firmament separating the waters above and the waters below instead of the firmament your writers replaces it with abundance of oxygen in the atmosphere. . .How dishonest can one be. . .The genesis creation account does not mention anything like the earth core, dust and gases. . .Your writer did, where the bible says stars, moon and sun were created, he said they were seen. . .Some thing the bible never mentioned. . .The guy is just dishonest and remains a liar. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje1: 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
Freksy:

Up to now you don't know you are in the universe, even after being corrected by ijawkid? Whatever thing you are doing on earth, is done in the universe. You can't run away from those questions, so re-visit them.

I can not float here on earth but i will do same out there in space. . .I can build a house here on earth but can't do the same in space. . .They are two very different environments. . .I can spray grays of sand here on earth on a table but if i try it in space they will come together to form a ball. . .Very different environment. . .

Who ask you about survival in the space? Stop claiming ignorance of my questions. I know it's a common ploy by some of you.

The earth and space, the vast part of the universe are very different. . .If explosions destroy things here explosions can act very differently there. . .

Yes, keep going; a single blast of undirected explosion created things, organised them, set well defined laws that govern their activities, defined their relative positions etc, and they keep obeying these by chance for billions of years. 'I hear you'! Please kindly go back and answer those questions, for you are merely repeating what made me to ask them. Don't try to shy away by claiming again we are not in the universe, that will be another blatant lie.

Who said we are not in the universe?. . . grin. . .We have picture evidence of solar systems coming about after super nova explosions. . .

For all to see what? Intelligence/wisdom in the creator, "a chance cosmic explosion"?

To see that explosions give birth to solar systems. . . .Something you denied, no?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:28am On May 01, 2013
And GOD said let there be light...
Was he in darkness before then?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 11:43am On May 01, 2013
mazaje1:

Firstly non of the said order is written in the bible . . .The bible is clear, it mentions things like firmament separating the waters above and the waters below instead of the firmament your writers replaces it with abundance of oxygen in the atmosphere. . .How dishonest can one be. . .The genesis creation account does not mention anything like the earth core, dust and gases. . .Your writer did, where the bible says stars, moon and sun were created, he said they were seen. . .Some thing the bible never mentioned. . .The guy is just dishonest and remains a liar. . .

Don't forget that it's my last post on page 5 you keep trying unsuccessfully to disprove. As often as you do, so you display a great deal of incapability in different styles. Are you thinking the post has been deleted? So long!
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje1:

The first humans evolved from ape like creates. . .I don't believe in the theory of evolution but it makes some sense. . .Especially human evolution. . .It makes some sense to me. . .

You chose to believe this abi??.....

The apes didn't give birth to us,but rather we evolved from them right??...just how??....weren't the apes suppose to be giving birth to there kind??......
The theory of evolution makes more sense to you because you have programmed yourself to believe it(not wanting to welcome the idea of a creator who created apes and humans to reproduce there kind) even when you know it doesn't make sense.....
get ready to tell me where the apes we evolved from evolved from....

mazaje1:

What are you saying?. . .The cluster up to form new planets. . .There are many dwarf planets in our solar system that came about as a result of their collision. . .Our solar systen isn't a resuit of an explosion but there are debris that are as a result of an explosion all over our solar system?.. .What are you saying?. . .I asked you how the asteroid and comets that are just moving aimlessly all over our sloar system came about?. . .

I'm more interested in the bolded.....that's all I've been wanting to hear.......comets and asteroids can keep flying about the solar system,that doesn't negate the fact I was trying to make ::that our solar system was never a product of an explosion.....asteroids are results of explosions,but they are not aimless as you might think them to be..nothing is aimless in the universe....

mazaje1:

Seas oceans and rivers?. . .What about diseases, earth quakes, asteroid falling into the earth etc that are always destrying life and the earth planet it self?. . .Who created those and for what purpose?. . .
When you say diseases which are you referring to??....
Has any asteroid destroyed earth as much as man has done??.....
God created everything.....

mazaje1:

Sure we can, as long as the distance of the planet is enough from the sun to support life. . .There is a very high possibility of life out there, it just impossible for us here on earth to know. . .
And what or who ensures the bolded??...mere chance??.....

A very high possibility,but also an impossibility for us to know if there's life other than the earth.....

Ok o my bro....maybe soon one day you go gree our side..cheesy.....

mazaje1:

Intelligent designer?. . .Why not designers?. . . .The human body isn't intelligently designed because it has a lot of errors and faults. . .If human beings are to design a human they will do a better job. . .Our eyes for example are made so poorly that images are formed at the back of the retina as a result billions of us are born with some form of natural eye defect(long or shortsightedness) because of such poor design, an intelligent designer will not design the human eyes so poorly that images will be formed at the back of the retina. . .Our backs are poorly formed in such a way that most of us will have natural back pains because of the way or spinal disc are formed. . .If humans are to design the body they will do a much better job. . .Take a look at the universe, colliding asteroids, exploding stars. . .Even the universe is out to kill us as it stands, the sun supports life but it also destroys life, over time it will destroy all life on the planet. . .We can not live in space. . .Even the planet is just trying to kill us all the time. . .natural disasters all the time, an asteriod can hit the earth and all life will end. . .One came a lil close to the earth sometime last year. . .The universe doesn't look intelligently designed too many flaws and errors every where. . .We don't design our houses and cars to self explode by themselves. . .

If you choose to believe in designers no wahala....at least you would have to admit life had a beginning and someone or persons were behind it......

You talked about asteroids and I say let the asteroids come and destroy us.......we are waiting for it....let it come..and let's see the effects of what happened at small ville....grin.....who knows if that is what God would use to end wickedness...cheesy.....I'm happy we agreed on a crucial point....that our solar system and the earth isn't the product of an explosion.....cheesy

You talked about humans doing a better job if they were the ones who designed humans....now can we just let the scientist invent or create anything close to a human being...you ran away from the DNA example I gave and went straight to the human eye.....if you believed in the creation account you would have know that adam and eve's disobedience affected us adversely...and so it is certain that we suffer from one defect or the other....we aint as perfect as our first parents....that not withstanding,MAn is a perfect example of the fact that a supreme designer(s) exists....please try studying the human brain and DNA then ask yourself if there isn't a creator......

Hehehehe...now you try to flaw Gods handi work by calling it un-intelligent..

The sun trying to kill us is it not as a result of mans handi work??.....if our ozone layer keeps depleting what else do we expect??.......

mazaje1:

the earth is a planet and it supports life. . .We know only about 5 percent of the universe. . .There are trillions of billions of planets in the universe, and only the ones in our solar system we can study and know if they have life on them, the rest are impossible for us to study and know. . .We can only see them with very powerful space telescopes like Kepler. . .We actually discovered that other planets orbit the stars about 12 years ago. . .before then we didn't even know that most of the stars are solar systems like our own. . .
I don't think we even know about 5 percent of the universe...like einsten said and I quote him ""We still do not know one thousandth of one
percent of what nature has revealed to us
"".

This is why I say God has created us to live forever but on another thread you said its because of mans greed..how else can we find out much about the universe if we don't live forever.......

See this text found at ecclesiastes 3:11....
so that he cannot find out what God has done
from the beginning to the end.

Why can't you just agree that a powerful being and force is behind all the wonders scientists are seeing and soon to see...??....

mazaje1:

We can see other solar system forming and we have not seen any creator guiding or using his hands to control anything. . .We just see natural forces at work. . .
How can you see the hands of the creator??...is he not a spirit??....so you been dey expect to see hand??....grin.....

Who is in charge of this natural forces??...mazaje where and how did they come about??......

mazaje1:

They look random, because when we take a look at them we see mindless forces just doing their thing. . .Is a hurricane the product of intelligent design?. . .What about an earth quake?. . .Are asteroids intelligently designed?. . .

All are created by God to serve which ever purpose he deems fit.......

Those forces aren't a product of chance......
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:14pm On May 01, 2013
Freksy:

Don't forget that it's my last post on page 5 you keep trying unsuccessfully to disprove. As often as you do, so you display a great deal of incapability in different styles. Are you thinking the post has been deleted? So long!

Your last post is the making of the guy whose work you posted, it does NOT appear in the bible, what appears in the bible are words life firmament and god placing the sun , moon and stars in them, but to your witer it means oygen rich atmosphre, rays of ligt reaching the earth, clouds of dust etc, some thing the bible neve mentions. . .Where in the bible can i find any of what you posted pls? Show me. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 12:45pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje1:

I can not float here on earth but i will do same out there in space. . .I can build a house here on earth but can't do the same in space. . .They are two very different environments. . .I can spray grays of sand here on earth on a table but if i try it in space they will come together to form a ball. . .Very different environment. . .

The earth and space, the vast part of the universe are very different. . .If explosions destroy things here explosions can act very differently there. . .

"Do you know the laws that govern the skies, and can you make them apply to the earth?" - Job 38:33 (Good News Bible)

Lol, don't mind the above writer, he was just an "illiterate," in fact, an "ape-man". I have a suggestion for you.

In 1953, Stanley Miller and his co-workers set up experimental flask to create the same condition they assumed existed in earth's primitive atmosphere and carried out their experiment. The aim was to produce the chemical compounds - amino acids needed for life to exist. They set up an "atmosphere" of hydrogen, methane, ammonia and water vapor. It was done under reducing (no free oxygen in the atmosphere) conditions. Meaning, man wouldn't even survive in that environment/condition then.

How about setting up a-space-like environment/condition here and try the explosion? This will also disprove the above "illiterate's/ape-man's writing", if successful.

Who said we are not in the universe?. . . grin. . .We have picture evidence of solar systems coming about after super nova explosions. . .
To see that explosions give birth to solar systems. . . .Something you denied, no?. . .

In your previous comment you implied we are not in the universe. Your first comment on this post implies your success will be hampered by earth's gravitational pull. This can imply that other planatery bodies in space do not have gravity. Gravity represents the mutual attraction between two objects, and the strength of that pull depends on both mass and the distance between the objects. Greater mass leads to a greater gravitational pull. Even asteroids and other smaller space rocks exert weak gravitational pull.

Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system, has also flexed its gravitational muscle across vast distances of space by pulling in space rocks and other debris which might otherwise threaten the earth. Your excuses are not strong. You are not sounding like what most of you claim to be. I need a demonstrated evidence that proves "a single blast of undirected/chance cosmic explosion" created things, organised them, set well defined laws that govern their activities, defined their relative positions etc, and they keep obeying these by chance for billions of years.

I don't appreciate this repeated pretense. Do those explosions give birth and begin to set new laws/conditions that never existed? When you were given birth to did any of your parents create for you life's laws/conditions that would govern your survival/existence that never existed? Please read the bolded again and respond accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 12:51pm On May 01, 2013
ijawkid:

You chose to believe this abi??.....

The apes didn't give birth to us,but rather we evolved from them right??...just how??....weren't the apes suppose to be giving birth to there kind??......
The theory of evolution makes more sense to you because you have programmed yourself to believe it(not wanting to welcome the idea of a creator who created apes and humans to reproduce there kind) even when you know it doesn't make sense.....
get ready to tell me where the apes we evolved from evolved from....

I am not programmed to believe anything , that is why i said i do not believe in it, it sounds more plausible to me than accpeting that a man made god idea created men from sand and women from the ribs of a man. . .

I'm more interested in the bolded.....that's all I've been wanting to hear.......comets and asteroids can keep flying about the solar system,that doesn't negate the fact I was trying to make ::that our solar system was never a product of an explosion.....asteroids are results of explosions,but they are not aimless as you might think them to be..nothing is aimless in the universe....

Seems you didn't understand what i was getting at, i was asking you a question. . .How can there be debris and obvious result of an explosion in our solar system yet our solar syatem isn't a result of an explosion as you claim?. . .The asteroids in our solar system are the left over materials from the super nova explaosion that gave birth to our solar system. . .The asteroids are just moving around aimlessly. . .

When you say diseases which are you referring to??....
Has any asteroid destroyed earth as much as man has done??.....
God created everything.....

Asteroids kill all the dinosours and can kill all humans on earth today if a sizeable one hits the earth. . .

And what or who ensures the bolded??...mere chance??.....

A very high possibility,but also an impossibility for us to know if there's life other than the earth.....

Ok o my bro....maybe soon one day you go gree our side..cheesy.....

I don't know. . .I don't know why there is life on earth as I trold you but I believe that there is also life on other planets, since life exist here on earth which is also a planet. . .It is impossible to know as it stands now. . .

You talked about asteroids and I say let the asteroids come and destroy us.......we are waiting for it....let it come..and let's see the effects of what happened at small ville....grin.....who knows if that is what God would use to end wickedness...cheesy.....I'm happy we agreed on a crucial point....that our solar system and the earth isn't the product of an explosion.....cheesy

We haven';t agreed on any point, I still maintain that our solar system is a result of an explosion , the left over materials from the explosion as still there all over the solar system. . .So your god wants to use asteroids to end the world, eh?. . .What wickedness was in the world when the asteroids, hit and killed off all the dinosours?. . .

You talked about humans doing a better job if they were the ones who designed humans....now can we just let the scientist invent or create anything close to a human being...you ran away from the DNA example I gave and went straight to the human eye.....if you believed in the creation account you would have know that adam and eve's disobedience affected us adversely...and so it is certain that we suffer from one defect or the other....we aint as perfect as our first parents....that not withstanding,MAn is a perfect example of the fact that a supreme designer(s) exists....please try studying the human brain and DNA then ask yourself if there isn't a creator......

Now you have jumped into the realm of mythology, Adam and Eve? What am i to do with that jewish mythology?. . .How were the eyes of the mythical Adam and Eve operating before they ate of the fruit?. .Where were the imaged formed in their eyes before they ate the fruit?. . .Humans now live much longer than their ancestors, thanks to mordern science and how it has helped us to elongate our lives. . .Try studying about natural selection as well and see the explanation it offers for the things you have mentioed. . .I don't hold any position, but saying god means nothing, how did your god create the human brain, what process did he use and when exactly did he create the first humans?. . .

Hehehehe...now you try to flaw Gods handi work by calling it un-intelligent..

The human body is not well designed, if humans have the ability to design other humans, they will do a much better job. . .So many of our ody parts are poorly designed, ut as usual you will come with the adam and eve mythical defence. . .

The sun trying to kill us is it not as a result of mans handi work??.....if our ozone layer keeps depleting what else do we expect??.......

The sun it self will eventually kill us all, with our without the ozone layer. . .The sun is growing big and will continue to grow. . .As it grows it will become hotter until it fries everything on earth. . .

I don't think we even know about 5 percent of the universe...like einsten said and I quote him ""We still do not know one thousandth of one
percent of what nature has revealed to us
"".

This is why I say God has created us to live forever but on another thread you said its because of mans greed..how else can we find out much about the universe if we don't live forever.......

See this text found at ecclesiastes 3:11....
so that he cannot find out what God has done
from the beginning to the end.

Why can't you just agree that a powerful being and force is behind all the wonders scientists are seeing and soon to see...??....

Why should i believe that it is a being, why not beings, what if the being created and is already dead or the beings created and ran away?. . .Why are you quoting the bible?. . .I can quote from better books that explain the universe much more than the bible. . .You talked about the DNA do the writers of the bible know anyting about DNA?. . .

How can you see the hands of the creator??...is he not a spirit??....so you been dey expect to see hand??....grin.....

Who is in charge of this natural forces??...mazaje where and how did they come about??......

Brother , i said i don't know but i won't go about making things up as a result of my ignorance. . .

All are created by God to serve which ever purpose he deems fit.......

Those forces aren't a product of chance......

How do you know that it is not as a result of chance?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:05pm On May 01, 2013
Freksy:

"Do you know the laws that govern the skies, and can you make them apply to the earth?" - Job 38:33 (Good News Bible)

Lol, don't mind the above writer, he was just an "illiterate," in fact, an "ape-man". I have a suggestion for you.

I repeat you are a fraud. . .You keep going to look for fringe interpretation of the bible to support your fruadulent claims. . .In other english traslations of the bible the verse in job 38:33 reads entirely differently, it talks about something else. . . Lets have a look at what other english translation says. . .Hope you know that some the various english transalations of the bible are fruadulent and change the meaning of what was written.

Job 38:33 Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's dominion over the earth? NIV

Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth? NKJV

Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? KJV

Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you establish God's rule on the earth? YLT

From these versions we can see that the good news version is an outlier an as such a fruadulent translation. . .I think the verse is talking about the writer asking people if they people know the laws of heaven and asking them if they can set god's dominion over the earth or something close to that. . .

In 1953, Stanley Miller and his co-workers set up experimental flask to create the same condition they assumed existed in earth's primitive atmosphere and carried out their experiment. The aim was to produce the chemical compounds - amino acids needed for life to exist. They set up an "atmosphere" of hydrogen, methane, ammonia and water vapor. It was done under reducing (no free oxygen in the atmosphere) conditions. Meaning, man wouldn't even survive in that environment/condition then.

How about setting up a-space-like environment/condition here and try the explosion? This will also disprove the above "illiterate's/ape-man's writing", if successful.

What has that got to do with the genesis creation account that has no scientific backing?. . .Did the genesis creation accout tell you about the conditions of the atmosphere before man was created?. . .Did it tell you about the creation and exostence of micro organisms?. . .

In your previous comment you implied we are not in the universe. Your first comment on this post implies your success will be hampered by earth's gravitational pull. This can imply that other planatery bodies in space do not have gravity. Gravity represents the mutual attraction between two objects, and the strength of that pull depends on both mass and the distance between the objects. Greater mass leads to a greater gravitational pull. Even asteroids and other smaller space rocks exert weak gravitational pull.

Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system, has also flexed its gravitational muscle across vast distances of space by pulling in space rocks and other debris which might otherwise threaten the earth. Your excuses are not strong. You are not sounding like what most of you claim to be. I need a demonstrated evidence that proves "a single blast of undirected/chance cosmic explosion" created things, organised them, set well defined laws that govern their activities, defined their relative positions etc, and they keep obeying these by chance for billions of years.

I don't appreciate this repeated pretense. Do those explosions give birth and begin to set new laws/conditions that never existed? When you were given birth to did any of your parents create for you life's laws/conditions that would govern your survival/existence that never existed? Please read the bolded again and respond accordingly.

I don't really underatnd all these your talk that is neither here no there, do super nova explaosions give birth to new stars and also solar systems later?. . The answer is yes, we have piture evidence of that, so what exactly are you on about?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2013
Freksy:

The science of mathematical probability offers striking proof that the Genesis creation account must have come from a source with knowledge of the events. The account lists 10 major stages in this order: (1) a beginning; (2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water; (3) light; (4) an expanse or atmosphere; (5) large areas of dry land; (6) land plants; (7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning; (cool sea monsters and flying creatures; (9) wild and tame beasts, mammals; (10) man.

Where does the bible mention enshrouded earth in heavey gases and whater?. . .where does it talk about the expanse of the atmosphere, what about sun, moon and stars in discernible atmosphere?. . .where is that written in the genesis creation account?. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2013
Freksy:
(1) a beginning ....................................................................................................1:1
(2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water .....1:2

Day One
(3) light .................................................................................................................1:3,5

Day Two
(4) an expanse or atmosphere ..............................................................................1:6-8

Day Three
(5) large areas of dry land ......................................................................................1:9,10
(6) land plants ........................................................................................................1:11

Day Four
(7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning ........1:14-16

Day Five
(cool sea monsters and flying creatures .....................................................................1:20,21

Day Six
(9) wild and tame beasts, mammals .........................................................................1:24
(10) man.....................................................................................................................1:26,27

Here is what acutally appears in the bible. . . .

Day 1. . .God created light with no light object and divided the light into two, the light he called day and the darkness he called night. . .

Day 2. . . .God created an expanse in the sky to divide the waters above from the waters below, And God made the expanse, and divided between the waters that are under the expanse and the waters that are above the expanse; God called the expanse Heavens.

Day 3. . . . .Dry land were made to appear from the water. And the gathering together of the waters he called Seas, he also made plants to produce after their own kind

Day four. . ..God made the sun, moon and stars and placed them in the firmanet to give light into the earth. . .

Day 5. . . Fishes, bird and sea creatures were created. . .

Day 6. . . . cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth were made. . .

Day 7. . .God created man and rested. . .

Science agrees that these stages occurred in the above general order. What are the chances that the writer of Genesis just guessed this order? The same as if you picked at random the numbers 1 to 10 from a box, and drew them in consecutive order. The chances of doing this on your first try are 1 in 3,628,800! So, to say the writer just happened to list the foregoing events in the right order without getting the facts from somewhere is not realistic. To say it is false will make one a blatant liar before others.

scienec does not agree with any oder written in the bible, it is your writer that was trying to force the bible to agree with science. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 1:36pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

I am not programmed to believe anything , that is why i said i do not believe in it, it sounds more plausible to me than accpeting that a man made god idea created men from sand and women from the ribs of a man. . .

Plausible my foot..!!!.....cheesy....

Why is it hard for you to believe that man was made from dust but believe in nebula's....dusty debris that cluster up to form planets,stars etc...??...

My bro a being(s) that can create the universe is capable of doing anything.......

Mans make up shows that he was created and did not evolve from any foolish ape...

mazaje:

Seems you didn't understand what i was getting at, i was asking you a question. . .How can there be debris and obvious result of an explosion in our solar system yet our solar syatem isn't a result of an explosion as you claim?. . .The asteroids in our solar system are the left over materials from the super nova explaosion that gave birth to our solar system. . .The asteroids are just moving around aimlessly. . .

The debris definitely were transported to our solar system and are there for a reason.....

And I would say this again..those asteroids are not just moving aimlessly..soon scientists would find out there importance....they are still learning...

You might do well to ask yourself::where were humans when these explosions were taken place that gave birth to our solar system(before our solar system was born) and how is it that all that man needs is found in this solar system and why we are here.......at some point you would have to agree it was a planned arrangement and not just some random occurence....

mazaje:

Asteroids kill all the dinosours and can kill all humans on earth today if a sizeable one hits the earth. . .

How are sure it was asteroids that killed all the dinosaurs(who told you?? Scientists I guess)??....where were humans then??....

mazaje:

I don't know. . .I don't know why there is life on earth as I trold you but I believe that there is also life on other planets, since life exist here on earth which is also a planet. . .It is impossible to know as it stands now. . .

Hmmmm.......try using the theory of random chance to explain why life is on earth or why humans are here on earth,in a solar system,with just one SUN that supplies us our needs....

mazaje:

We haven';t agreed on any point, I still maintain that our solar system is a result of an explosion , the left over materials from the explosion as still there all over the solar system. . .So your god wants to use asteroids to end the world, eh?. . .What wickedness was in the world when the asteroids, hit and killed off all the dinosours?. . .

And I insist our earth and the solar system isn't a product of an explosion...if not we in it would also be products of an explosion.....don't you get it??.....

I ask again:::who told you all dinosaurs were killed by asteroids??........abeg video clip dey??.....

And YES God could use any of the forces he created to bring an end to wickedness....gbam!!!!....
mazaje:
Now you have jumped into the realm of mythology, Adam and Eve? What am i to do with that jewish mythology?. . .How were the eyes of the mythical Adam and Eve operating before they ate of the fruit?. .Where were the imaged formed in their eyes before they ate the fruit?. . .Humans now live much longer than their ancestors, thanks to mordern science and how it has helped us to elongate our lives. . .Try studying about natural selection as well and see the explanation it offers for the things you have mentioed. . .I don't hold any position, but saying god means nothing, how did your god create the human brain, what process did he use and when exactly did he create the first humans?. . .

Talking about an intelligent creator means a lot and should mean something to you.....

If you want to know the process God used to create the human brain try creating one and then give me a feed back..

mazaje:
The human body is not well designed, if humans have the ability to design other humans, they will do a much better job. . .So many of our ody parts are poorly designed, ut as usual you will come with the adam and eve mythical defence. . .

Lol....as you no believe in the scriptures na there you go hang.....

Let humans produce or create humans with flesh and blood.....cheesy....

The human body is not well designed but you can use your fingers to type here on nairaland...grin....

mazaje:
The sun it self will eventually kill us all, with our without the ozone layer. . .The sun is growing big and will continue to grow. . .As it grows it will become hotter until it fries everything on earth. . .

Lol.....let it fry us..we are waiting for it......but can we please stop destroying the ozone layer...??...at least its existing for a reason abi??....

Scientists wish that the sun one day kills us and then maybe asteroids destroy all of us so that they can dance azonto to the fact that we are all products of mere chance...

Make them no worry ,na them go use there own senses find the truth......

mazaje:
Why should i believe that it is a being, why not beings, what if the being created and is already dead or the beings created and ran away?. . .Why are you quoting the bible?. . .I can quote from better books that explain the universe much more than the bible. . .You talked about the DNA do the writers of the bible know anyting about DNA?. . .

Yeah the bible writes did know about the DNA....

Look at what king david an olodo in science could write thousands of years ago...

Psalms 139:16
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being
unperfect; and in thy book all my members
were written, which in continuance were
fashioned, when as yet there was none of
them.

The formation of our different body parts and even the timing of of their formation involves a figurative book that originates with God...

The DNA which ofcousre is the information manual of every individual originates from God and not from some random chance....

mazaje:
Brother , i said i don't know but i won't go about making things up as a result of my ignorance. . .

Oya continue to ask your scientists that are confused and bewildered by nature.....

mazaje:

How do you know that it is not as a result of chance?. . .

Because nothing happens by chance as far as the universe is concerned....you are not here on nairaland by chance neither are the words you type here a product of chance....nothing exists by chance.....

2 Likes

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 2:18pm On May 01, 2013
ijawkid:

Plausible my foot..!!!.....cheesy....

Why is it hard for you to believe that man was made from dust but believe in nebula's....dusty debris that cluster up to form planets,stars etc...??...

My bro a being(s) that can create the universe is capable of doing anything.......

Mans make up shows that he was created and did not evolve from any foolish ape...

Because there is evidence for nebulae, picture evidence taken by very powerful space telescopes. . .There is no no evidence to show that man was created from dust. . .You keep insisting the universe was created by a being, how did you came to that conclusion, where is that being located?. . .Why not many beings?. . .Why not a being that created ran away or is dead?. . .Why not chance?. . .

The debris definitely were transported to our solar system and are there for a reason.....

And I would say this again..those asteroids are not just moving aimlessly..soon scientists would find out there importance....they are still learning...

Borther why do you keep talking like this?. . .The debris could NOT have been transported from another solar system because of the distance between them. . .We can see other solar systems as well, so we make conclusions based on that. . .

You might do well to ask yourself::where were humans when these explosions were taken place that gave birth to our solar system(before our solar system was born) and how is it that all that man needs is found in this solar system and why we are here.......at some point you would have to agree it was a planned arrangement and not just some random occurence....

Where were humans before the super nova explosion that give birth to our star?. . .Is that really a question?. . .na wah ohh. . .Ijawkid. . .

How are sure it was asteroids that killed all the dinosaurs(who told you?? Scientists I guess)??....where were humans then??....

There are evidence, crater made by asteriods are still found here on earth and the remnants of the asterods are still there around the deep crater that were formed. . .

And I insist our earth and the solar system isn't a product of an explosion...if not we in it would also be products of an explosion.....don't you get it??.....

You keep insisting without providing any evidence. . .You sure say you no be the guy wey ezme say him see dey threaten aother woman dey speak ijaw any how. . .Don't insist provide evidence pls. . .

I ask again:::who told you all dinosaurs were killed by asteroids??........abeg video clip dey??.....

Crater dey, video clip no dey. . .

And YES God could use any of the forces he created to bring an end to wickedness....gbam!!!!....

Shifting the goal post as usual. . .

Talking about an intelligent creator means a lot and should mean something to you.....

If you want to know the process God used to create the human brain try creating one and then give me a feed back..

LOL!. .

Lol....as you no believe in the scriptures na there you go hang.....

Let humans produce or create humans with flesh and blood.....cheesy....

The human body is not well designed but you can use your fingers to type here on nairaland...grin....

Hope you know that the human eye is not well formed , the way images are formed is not well organized, images are formed at the back of the retina, a rather poor process, as a result many can not even read what i am typing here on nairaland without their glasses. . .

Lol.....let it fry us..we are waiting for it......but can we please stop destroying the ozone layer...??...at least its existing for a reason abi??....

Sure. . . .

Scientists wish that the sun one day kills us and then maybe asteroids destroy all of us so that they can dance azonto to the fact that we are all products of mere chance...

Make them no worry ,na them go use there own senses find the truth......

Its not a wish. it is happening, a meteorite(small astroid) hit Russia last month and killed some people, no be so? If a big one hits earth today all human life will end. . .Scientist are now trying to land on the big one that serve as a threat so that they can change their direction. . .

Yeah the bible writes did know about the DNA....

Look at what king david an olodo in science could write thousands of years ago...

Psalms 139:16
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being
unperfect; and in thy book all my members
were written, which in continuance were
fashioned, when as yet there was none of
them.

This is what you call DNA?. . .You don go drink that ogogoro abi?. . .

The formation of our different body parts and even the timing of of their formation involves a figurative book that originates with God...

I am not going to talk about the ancient jews and their mythical narratives. . .

The DNA which ofcousre is the information manual of every individual originates from God and not from some random chance....

You don't know this do you?. . .

Oya continue to ask your scientists that are confused and bewildered by nature.....

Because nothing happens by chance as far as the universe is concerned....you are not here on nairaland by chance neither are the words you type here a product of chance....nothing exists by chance.....

You keep saying it without givin any evidence, scientist are explaning with evidence how everything came about naturally. you keep insisting that everything has a super natural origin but have failed to provide any evidence. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 5:17pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

Because there is evidence for nebulae, picture evidence taken by very powerful space telescopes. . .There is no no evidence to show that man was created from dust. . .You keep insisting the universe was created by a being, how did you came to that conclusion, where is that being located?. . .Why not many beings?. . .Why not a being that created ran away or is dead?. . .Why not chance?. . .

Why consider chance in the first place??...that's my problem...has anything you've done happened by chance??....did you go to school by chance,ate this morning by chance,??......did you happen to have knowledge of the universe by chance??.....

You disagree that man was created neither do you fully choose to adopt the theory of evolution(which is an insult to man)....what then do you want my bro??.......

There are scientists who have done researches and have come to agree that man did not come by chance...only one who has decided to run away from reality would say we are a product of chance...

mazaje:

Borther why do you keep talking like this?. . .The debris could NOT have been transported from another solar system because of the distance between them. . .We can see other solar systems as well, so we make conclusions based on that. . .

And who says debris could not have been transported because of the distance between solar systems??.....is it impossible??....

mazaje:

Where were humans before the super nova explosion that give birth to our star?. . .Is that really a question?. . .na wah ohh. . .Ijawkid. . .

My bro na question o...at what point were we part of this universe??were we in it before, during the explosion or after??......

or is it possible that we were in our star when it was been exploded and integrated??.....answer o.....

mazaje:

There are evidence, crater made by asteriods are still found here on earth and the remnants of the asterods are still there around the deep crater that were formed. . .

And that is the evidence that all dinosaurs were destroyed by asteroids??...smdh!!!...

And I also asked where were we humans then??.....

mazaje:

You keep insisting without providing any evidence. . .You sure say you no be the guy wey ezme say him see dey threaten aother woman dey speak ijaw any how. . .Don't insist provide evidence pls. . .
Lol..grin...

I don ask where we been dey when all the explosions dey take place??....

If our solar system and our planet are products of an explosion then we were also exploding with it and then integrating as well with it....where were we??.......

mazaje:

Crater dey, video clip no dey. . .
Lol...the crater show were all the dinosaurs dey die??.......

mazaje:

Shifting the goal post as usual. . .
Naaa...talking about shifting goal post,I wish barca could do that when ever bayern wants to score them....grin...

mazaje:

Hope you know that the human eye is not well formed , the way images are formed is not well organized, images are formed at the back of the retina, a rather poor process, as a result many can not even read what i am typing here on nairaland without their glasses. . .
Hmmm...oya oga try create eye na...try create eye wey images go dey dance azonto in front of our retina....you call nature poor process....

At least the people go wear eye glass read wetin you write..what if them no get eye at all!??....grin....

mazaje:

Its not a wish. it is happening, a meteorite(small astroid) hit Russia last month and killed some people, no be so? If a big one hits earth today all human life will end. . .Scientist are now trying to land on the big one that serve as a threat so that they can change their direction. . .

e go good if big one come sef...make we start afresh...grin....coolwink

Let them be thankful to the creator for giving them brains to think of solving problems....imagine if there brains were as low as that of other animals...cool

mazaje:

This is what you call DNA?. . .You don go drink that ogogoro abi?. . .

Lmao......wetin be DNA??...no be scientist them create the name??.....david just defined what the DNA means.....grin....

mazaje:

I am not going to talk about the ancient jews and their mythical narratives. . .

The figurative book isn't the bible o...

mazaje:

You don't know this do you?. . .

I do....if you believe other wise tell me why ........is mans DNA a product of chance??.....cool

mazaje:

You keep saying it without givin any evidence, scientist are explaning with evidence how everything came about naturally. you keep insisting that everything has a super natural origin but have failed to provide any evidence. . .
What evidence is there to prove that man,life,the earth,solar system and all its arrangement came by chance??...

Which is more reasonable to believe in??...that we and the universe came by chance or we are products of an arranged plan....

How can scientists be struggling to prove that they are a product of chance and explosion....

There head correct so??.....

They will keep searching and searching until the accede to the one truth they've been running away from...
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 5:59pm On May 01, 2013
ijawkid:

Why consider chance in the first place??...that's my problem...has anything you've done happened by chance??....did you go to school by chance,ate this morning by chance,??......did you happen to have knowledge of the universe by chance??.....

You disagree that man was created neither do you fully choose to adopt the theory of evolution(which is an insult to man)....what then do you want my bro??.......

OK. here is my position, what we don't know remains unknown, there is no need puting forth different hypothesis that are flawed. . .The scientist an the religionist all do NOT know exactly how the universe began and how life came about, both are just speculating, I am very comfortable with my i don't know position, I do not believe in evolution but it sound more plausible to me than the idea that a god idea created humans an spoke things into existence using the hebrew language. . . .

There are scientists who have done researches and have come to agree that man did not come by chance...only one who has decided to run away from reality would say we are a product of chance...

(Over 90 percent of western biologist accept evolution, actually here in europe and in the USA many christians accept evolution, they are called ttheistic evolutionist, i am not saying eveolution is true because some theist accept it, i still do not accept it but it sound more plaausible than creatiosim that has never been used to create anything and has no evidence to back it up. . .

And who says debris could not have been transported because of the distance between solar systems??.....is it impossible??....

Yeah it is IMPOSSIBLE. . .The asteroids and comets are orbiting our star(sun). . .

My bro na question o...at what point were we part of this universe??were we in it before, during the explosion or after??......

or is it possible that we were in our star when it was been exploded and integrated??.....answer o.....

My brother this your question na wah ohh. . .Humans were not existing by then na. . .The super nova explosion give birth to our star after which our planet was formed out of the debris, gases and dust. . .Humans came in much later. . .

And that is the evidence that all dinosaurs were destroyed by asteroids??...smdh!!!...

And I also asked where were we humans then??.....

Dinosaur bone were measured and it showed the lived millions of years ago, at a time no human lived on earth. . .

Lol..grin...

I don ask where we been dey when all the explosions dey take place??....

Dem dey for bayelsa na. . .Dey do oil bunkering. . . . .

If our solar system and our planet are products of an explosion then we were also exploding with it and then integrating as well with it....where were we??.......

Na wah ohh brother. . .the sun came first, later the planet and much later humans. . .You hear?. . .

Lol...the crater show were all the dinosaurs dey die??.......

Measurements were taken na brother. .Shebi wuna dey measure shots of ogogoro for inside small cup before wuna take am?. . .na the same way dem take measure them. . .

Naaa...talking about shifting goal post,I wish barca could do that when ever bayern wants to score them....grin...

Barca is going out tonight no two ways about it. . .

Hmmm...oya oga try create eye na...try create eye wey images go dey dance azonto in front of our retina....you call nature poor process....

At least the people go wear eye glass read wetin you write..what if them no get eye at all!??....grin....

You don shit the goal post commut for feild sef. . .I hail you Ijawkid. . .Shebi na you dey talk about intelligent designer na?. . .

e go good if big one come sef...make we start afresh...grin....coolwink

Let them be thankful to the creator for giving them brains to think of solving problems....imagine if there brains were as low as that of other animals...cool

When will you stop shifting the goal post na?. . .

Lmao......wetin be DNA??...no be scientist them create the name??.....david just defined what the DNA means.....grin....

David did no such things, stop putting words into his mouth. . .

The figurative book isn't the bible o...

Which book is that?. . .

I do....if you believe other wise tell me why ........is mans DNA a product of chance??.....cool

I don't know. . .It could be a product of design or chance, i don't know. . .

What evidence is there to prove that man,life,the earth,solar system and all its arrangement came by chance??...

All scientific explanation does not require a creator, not saying they are real, but the ones we see don't require a creator, they stand alone on their own. . .

Which is more reasonable to believe in??...that we and the universe came by chance or we are products of an arranged plan....

Both a reasonable position as long as evidence can be provided to support them. . .So far only the scxietist have been able to provide some evidence to support their positions. . .The religonist are always crying and threatining people. . .They refuse to provide any evidence for the inteligent designer and his very flawed and uninteligent design if i may add. . .

How can scientists be struggling to prove that they are a product of chance and explosion....

There head correct so??.....

They will keep searching and searching until the accede to the one truth they've been running away from...

Scientist have not stated that we are a product of chance and explosion, that is not their position, they are trying to see what cause everything so far all they have seen are natural causes to everything. . No super natural at play any every where they have looked. .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 7:07pm On May 01, 2013
ijawkid:

they will belief anything but God.

They will even belief complete nonsense sef.

Actually, silence is the rational thing to do to certain kind of statement, but it becomes very difficult as you keep on seeing it spreading and feeding ignorance.

Just like a statement like this that i saw being passed out as though it makes sense:

mazaje:
.some scientist are suggesting that if humans are still around , they can shift the position of the earth backwards so that the excessive heat will not destroy all life on it. . . . .

some said and believed that ^^^ and posted it on in this forum.
Smh.

the truth is that, it is a very big ignorance thing to say that by whoever that suggested or accepted it.

The fact is, if the earth is to move away from the sun or closer to the sun from its current position either will become too cold for inherbitation(ice wilderness) or too hot a dry land(desert) unfit for inherbitation and the heat will burn off all living things.

The current distance where the earth is from the intensity of this particular sun is just perfect. (all suns are not of same sizes)

Any addition or subtraction from its current location will spelt out doom for life on planet earth.
Another thing is that planet earth is unique in many ways and that is what makes it conducive for life.

If planet earth was not rotating on it axis like it does and a particular part of the planet earth keeps on facing the sun, the heat of the sun will heat up that face of the earth so hot that it will incinerate all the living things that existed on that front, while the reverse will be the case for the opposite side of the planet earth, it will get frozen with cold/ice that life cannot be sustain.

This character of the earth rotating on its axis as it goes round the sun creates an enabling environment that support the existence of life and a continued existence of life on this planet.

The surprising thing is that, this characteristic of the planet earth rotating on it axis at this precise speed in front of the sun at this particular distance is quite unique to planet earth.

There are many why's that we can assign to planet earth in the outter space as to why the differences between it and other planets.

Why will "chance" take its time to ensure that planet earth spins so obviously so that a particular part does not face the sun for too long or backs the sun for too long a time like it is common with other planets.

http://www.krysstal.com/solarsys_planets.html

it is said that some planet are not spinning on their axis like earth does but rather rotate like a tire on the ground as it orbits. case study:

http://www.grantchronicles.com/astro29.htm

If someone is suggesting that there are life like we have here on earth on other planets, there are so many odds that he has to ignore, which includes that the planets will have to repeat so many fantastic fits "by chance" to replicate the exact fantastic sceneriouse we have here on earth, including the precise axial turning of the earth in defiance of the pull of gravity from other planets that should have stalled it or alter it course out of precision from this constant precise revolution.

The distance from the sun, the rate of rotation on its axis all has a lot to do with the conditions for the sustainance of life on planet earth not to talk of other variables.

It only takes the sort of people that belief that they can "move planet earth from its position" and it will still sustain life to accept/think that all it takes to sustain life on earth came about by chance.

If such is not ignorance, then i wander what else is.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 7:19pm On May 01, 2013
truthislight:

some said and believed that ^^^ and posted it on in this forum.
Smh.

the truth is that, it is a very big ignorance thing to say that by whoever that suggested or accepted it.

The fact is, if the earth is to move away from the sun or closer to the sun from its current position either will become too cold for inherbitation(ice wilderness) or too hot a dry land(desert) unfit for inherbitation and the heat will burn off all living things.

The current distance where the earth is from the intensity of this particular sun is just perfect. (all suns are not of same sizes)

Any addition or subtraction from its current location will spelt out doom for life on planet earth.
Another thing is that planet earth is unique in many ways and that is what makes it conducive for life.

If planet earth was not rotating on it axis like it does and a particular part of the planet earth keeps on facing the sun, the heat of the sun will heat up that face of the earth so hot that it will incinerate all the living things that existed on that front, while the reverse will be the case for the opposite side of the planet earth, it will get frozen with cold/ice that life cannot be sustain.

This character of the earth rotating on its axis as it goes round the sun creates an enabling environment that support the existence of life and a continued existence of life on this planet.

The surprising thing is that, this characteristic of the planet earth rotating on it axis at this precise speed in front of the sun at this particular distance is quite unique to planet earth.

There are many why's that we can assign to planet earth in the outter space as to why the differences between it and other planets.

Why will "chance" take its time to ensure that planet earth spins so obviously so that a particular part does not face the sun for too long or backs the sun for too long a time like it is common with other planets.

http://www.krysstal.com/solarsys_planets.html

it is said that some planet are not spinning on its axis like earth does but rather rotate like a tire on the ground, case study:

http://www.grantchronicles.com/astro29.htm

If someone is suggesting that their are life like we have here on earth on other planets, there are so many odds that he has to ignore, which includes that the planets will have to repeat so many fantastic fits "by chance" to replicate the exact fantastic sceneriouse we have here on earth, including the precise axial turning of the earth in defiance of the pull of gravity from other planets that should have stalled it or alter it course out of precision from this constant precise revolution.

The distance from the sun, the rate of rotation on its axis all has a lot to do with the conditions for the sustainance of life on planet earth not to talk of other variables.

It only takes the sort of people that belief that they can "move planet earth from its position" and it will still sustain life to accept/think that all it takes to sustain life on earth came about by chance.

If such is not ignorance, then i wander what else is.

learn to read istead of attacking a straw man. . .Here is what I said, I said the sun is growing and as it continues to grow bigger, it will continue to grow hotter, its heat will continue to increase here on earth as it grows bigger until it eventually fries and destroys all life on earth, all this will happen in the very distant future and some scietist have suggested that the position of the earth be moved backwards to that the growing sun and the heat it emits will not affect life on earth as a result of its intensity. . .Read things in context and stop attacking straw men. . .

As for the other planets, we have studied not up to a 2 thousand of them out of zillions available, to make some conclusions out of just a thousand or two out of zillions is nonsensical and stupidddddd. . . .Many rotate just like that earth on their own axis and are in a similar to their parant star like the earth. . .It is imposible to know if life exist on other planet out there. . .Scientist can only predict but its imposible for them to know. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 01, 2013
grin
I'm surprised Ijawkid's still here... Goshen message don dey taya una abi u wan replace Anony? grin
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje:

I repeat you are a fraud. . .You keep going to look for fringe interpretation of the bible to support your fruadulent claims. . .In other english traslations of the bible the verse in job 38:33 reads entirely differently, it talks about something else. . . Lets have a look at what other english translation says. . .Hope you know that some the various english transalations of the bible are fruadulent and change the meaning of what was written.

Job 38:33 Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God's dominion over the earth? NIV

Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth? NKJV

Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? KJV

Job 38:33 Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you establish God's rule on the earth? YLT

From these versions we can see that the good news version is an outlier an as such a fruadulent translation. . .I think the verse is talking about the writer asking people if they people know the laws of heaven and asking them if they can set god's dominion over the earth or something close to that. . .

Isn't it ridiculous that you have resorted to attacking bible's translation on a thing you are not sure of? Ok, as you claim the Good News Translation of Job 38:33 is "fraudulent", have you not logically slaughtered your excuses on gravity? So, go a head now and point to us how chance explosion can create things, organise them, and set well defined laws etc. Ensure you don't resurrect any of those excuses you have logically slaughtered and buried.

What has that got to do with the genesis creation account that has no scientific backing?. . .Did the genesis creation accout tell you about the conditions of the atmosphere before man was created?. . .Did it tell you about the creation and exostence of micro organisms?. . .

There's no point deviating, I was just trying to help you think like Miller and his men, since you claimed the present condition won't let one succeed.

I don't really underatnd all these your talk that is neither here no there,

The usual excuse. Now it has come to the point where you no longer understand what i was asking you to present.

do super nova explaosions give birth to new stars and also solar systems later?. . The answer is yes, we have piture evidence of that, so what exactly are you on about?. . .

Clap for yourself!
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 11:58pm On May 01, 2013
mazaje1:

Intelligent designer?. . .Why not designers?. . . .The human body isn't intelligently designed because it has a lot of errors and faults. . .If human beings are to design a human they will do a better job. . .

What prevents your "intelligent" leaders from creating one and prove God incapable and unintelligent? What better proof would they have than that? If they don't know how to start from the scratch, present your body to be crushed to paste and made anew.

Our eyes for example are made so poorly that images are formed at the back of the retina as a result billions of us are born with some form of natural eye defect(long or shortsightedness) because of such poor design, an intelligent designer will not design the human eyes so poorly that images will be formed at the back of the retina. . .

Look for a medical scientist to design, construct and replace them for you; I will foot the bill.

Our backs are poorly formed in such a way that most of us will have natural back pains because of the way or spinal disc are formed. . .If humans are to design the body they will do a much better job. . .

Why most and not all of us? Are you thinking humans wouldn't like to design our body? What prevents them? Perhaps they don't have "chance". Lol...

Take a look at the universe, colliding asteroids, exploding stars. . .Even the universe is out to kill us as it stands, the sun supports life but it also destroys life, over time it will destroy all life on the planet. . .We can not live in space. . .Even the planet is just trying to kill us all the time. . .natural disasters all the time, an asteriod can hit the earth and all life will end. . .One came a lil close to the earth sometime last year. . .

The planet earth is your home. Science is your tool; use it with ingenuity that was created in you to maintain, not to destroy the earth. Stop bleming the sun!

The universe doesn't look intelligently designed too many flaws and errors every where. . .We don't design our houses and cars to self explode by themselves. . .

I thought our cars evolved and set traffic laws for themselves. Why do we chose to design cars, and not better humans. Which is more important, better cars or better human society?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians / Lagos Church Organises Free Medical Check-up For All Her Members Today (PHOTOS) / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 348
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.