Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Myopia Of Atheism - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myopia Of Atheism (8783 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
mazaje:

We can start on the very first page, the 7 day creation account is VERY false, the universe did NOT come about the way the bible said it was created in 7 days by Yahweh. .

The bible has never said the universe came about in 7 days. Can you point to any statement or verse that suggests that? The first part of Genesis indicates that the earth could have existed for billions of years before the first Genesis "day," though it does not say for how long. However, it does describe what earth's condition was just before that first "day" began.
Many consider the word "day" used in Gen. 1 to mean 24 hrs. However, in Gen. 1:5 God himself is said to divide day into a smaller period of time, calling just the light portion "day". In Gen.2:4 all the creative periods are called one "day":

"These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created , in the day (all the creative periods) that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens ," - Gen 2:4
The Hebrew word "yohm", translated "day", can mean different lengths of time. It would seem reasonable that the "day" of Genesis could likewise have embraced long periods of time - millenniums. The account indicates that the creative process continued throughout a period of, not just 144 hours (6 x 24), but over many millenniums of time.

.According to the bible the earth was in existence with water in it before all the stars were created, it says the earth was created before the sun,

"'Let light come to be.' Then there came to be light. And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day."—Genesis 1:3, 5.
Gen. 1:3 does not announce the birth of the sun or other luminaries. The sun and moon were in outer space long before this first "day," but their light did not reach the surface of the earth for an earthly observer to see. Now, light evidently came to be visible on earth on this first "day," and the rotating earth began to have alternating days and nights.

Apparently, the light came in a gradual process, extending over a long period of time, not instantaneously as when you turn on an electric light bulb. The Genesis rendering by translator J. W. Watts reflects this when it says: "And gradually light came into existence." This light was from the sun, but the sun itself could not be seen through the overcast. Hence, the light that reached earth was light diffused.

it also says the sun and the moon were created on the same day. . .It says stars were being created to give light unto the earth. . .All these are VERY false. The sun and its gravitational force was actually what lead to the creation of the earth and all the other planets. . .Without the sun there would have been nothing in our solar system. . .The sun came first before every other thing in our solar system and it is what keeps the solar system together. . .The earth did NOT come before the sun. . .

On the first "day" diffused light evidently penetrated the swaddling bands, but the sources of that light (sun, other stars and the moon) could not have been seen by an earthly observer because of the cloud layers still enveloping the earth. Now, on this fourth "day," things apparently changed. Had there been an earthly observer, he would be able to discern the sun, moon and stars, which would "serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years." (Genesis 1:14) The moon would indicate the passing of lunar months, and the sun the passing of solar years. They were only visible, but not created on the fourth creative day.

Now we have very powerful telescopes like the Hubble space telescopes and the Kepler space telescopes, these space observatories have shown us how planets from other distant solar systems were created, the sun(star) always comes first, usually from a supernova, then the planets form afterward, its actually the sun's(star) gravitational pull on the surrounding dust and debris that creates the planets, these are things that can be seen. . .Many of the stars out there came into existence long before our own sun came into existence because many of them are older than our own sun which is also a star, unlike the bible that falsely states that the earth was created before the stars and the stars were created to give light to the earth, the stars are also suns and many have earth like planets revolving round them, and they number in trillions of billions and were not created to give light to the earth, just like the earth was not created to give light to any other earth like plant in our galaxy take the earth away and the universe will still remain the way it is. .
.Even the best christian apologist have now relegated the genesis creation account into the realm of mythology, they now regard at as an allegory, because of observable evidence, when the genesis myth was written it was never written as an allegory. . .The first page of the bible begins with a false creation account that was been shown to be false by observable evidence, even christian apologist agree and say the genesis creation account is an allegory. . .

Genesis creation account is as correct as mazaje is a humankind. Those who dismiss it as myth or allegory are very ignorant. The account is in harmony with the discoveries of modern science.

Questions for you: Does observable evidence show that undirected explosion can result in better organization? Do the bombs that fall on cities in wartime produce superbly designed buildings, streets and signs with traffic laws? What does experience by the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 show?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Areaboy2(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^^

watch this video. Based on a book by Karen Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2013
Area_boy: ^^^

watch this video. Based on a book by Karen Armstrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg

Sorry to say, I don't have time for any video. Watch and leave your comment(s) on my post, and don't forget my question when commenting.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Areaboy2(m): 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
your question makes no sense.. Rephrase please..

Oh and do keep the video, watch it whenever you have the time to. Cant be bothered typing long stories when this video captures the essence of what I wana say. If you wont even make the effort, then I dont see the point of this dialogue
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
thehomer:

And what evidence shows that there is something that is external to our present reality?

To the extent that matter being mutable cannot self exist, then it had a trigger, and an effect cannot be its cause and as such must be external to itself. Simpliciter.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2013
Freksy:

The bible has never said the universe came about in 7 days. Can you point to any statement or verse that suggests that? The first part of Genesis indicates that the earth could have existed for billions of years before the first Genesis "day," though it does not say for how long. However, it does describe what earth's condition was just before that first "day" began.
Many consider the word "day" used in Gen. 1 to mean 24 hrs. However, in Gen. 1:5 God himself is said to divide day into a smaller period of time, calling just the light portion "day". In Gen.2:4 all the creative periods are called one "day":

"These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created , in the day (all the creative periods) that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens ," - Gen 2:4
The Hebrew word "yohm", translated "day", can mean different lengths of time. It would seem reasonable that the "day" of Genesis could likewise have embraced long periods of time - millenniums. The account indicates that the creative process continued throughout a period of, not just 144 hours (6 x 24), but over many millenniums of time.

"'Let light come to be.' Then there came to be light. And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day."—Genesis 1:3, 5.
Gen. 1:3 does not announce the birth of the sun or other luminaries. The sun and moon were in outer space long before this first "day," but their light did not reach the surface of the earth for an earthly observer to see. Now, light evidently came to be visible on earth on this first "day," and the rotating earth began to have alternating days and nights.

Apparently, the light came in a gradual process, extending over a long period of time, not instantaneously as when you turn on an electric light bulb. The Genesis rendering by translator J. W. Watts reflects this when it says: "And gradually light came into existence." This light was from the sun, but the sun itself could not be seen through the overcast. Hence, the light that reached earth was light diffused.

On the first "day" diffused light evidently penetrated the swaddling bands, but the sources of that light (sun, other stars and the moon) could not have been seen by an earthly observer because of the cloud layers still enveloping the earth. Now, on this fourth "day," things apparently changed. Had there been an earthly observer, he would be able to discern the sun, moon and stars, which would "serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years." (Genesis 1:14) The moon would indicate the passing of lunar months, and the sun the passing of solar years. They were only visible, but not created on the fourth creative day.

Genesis creation account is as correct as mazaje is a humankind. Those who dismiss it as myth or allegory are very ignorant. The account is in harmony with the discoveries of modern science.

Questions for you: Does observable evidence show that undirected explosion can result in better organization? Do the bombs that fall on cities in wartime produce superbly designed buildings, streets and signs with traffic laws? What does experience by the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 show?

Excellent and sensible post. i am not christian and the bible is not my creed, but i cannot get over the vacant st.upidity of those who choose to read Genesis in a literal sense.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
mazaje:

You see this and you also see a detailed 7 days account of creation,

get the verses and your argument right please.

mazaje:

by the way the earth and the universe(assuming the heavens means the universe)

the word "heaven" has two conotation:
1. The Expanse above the earth
2. The throne of God.

Creation in Genesis is about earth and its expanse.

mazaje:

many stars and galaxies came into existence before our own sun, which came before our own planet. . .No heaven and earth were created any were together in any begining. . .It is false. . .

we are talking about earth creation and the birds of heaven and their heaven.

mazaje:

Only that the bible talks about how god created "everything",

"every thing on earth", yes.

creation on earth is what i read in Genesis and that it was covered in darkness:

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:2-3).
..........................................................................................
What i can see there ^ is God saying let there be light. I did not read the planet sun there.

And i dont know where the argument that "God created plants befor there was light" came from.

mazaje:

it talks about the creation of the sun, stars and everyhing. .
cool

i understand it to mean the divisions of the light for days and seasons, just like verse three(3) said: let there be light.

If you want/wish to see creation of sun and moon there, good for you.

That I can open my window blinds for sun rays to enter my room as light instead of electric light does not mean i just "created" the sun.

mazaje:

.And it says the earth was created before them. . .
what? How do you read?
*sigh*

mazaje:

Didn't you see where they said their god created the sun and stars at the same time, and where they also said the earth was in existence before the sun and stars?. . .

where did you get that ^? Smh for you.

mazaje:

They weren't educated about outer space that is why they got everything wrong. .

the bible is the word of Yahweh.
I dont know what you are talking about.

mazaje:

You don't believe they were educated about outer space

i mean that the Education was about Adam and the earth he lived in and not astrology.

What has astrology to do with the fall of man and the coming of the massaiah? Who is interested in the Demonic activities of astrology that Yahweh asked the Jews to keep clear?
*sigh*

mazaje:

yet you believe they are educated to know what happens to you when you die, eh?. .

yes, Yahweh educated the Jews about a lot of things including "hereafter" and not that the jews came up with ideas that is based on the traditions of men and Demons.

mazaje:

If the bible is wrong on things that we know, like history and science, why then should any one trust it on things we do not know,

where? How do you read?

No wander! cool

you build an error birth in it and belief in it? Smh for you.

mazaje:

things like what happens after death?. . .

yes, the creator is in a better place to know what happened at death.

What "false hood" does the bible tell about the after life? Please bring it fourth and stop making basedless accusations.

mazaje:

is it not the same bible that talks about stars falling into the earth?

is that ^ ignorance?

Are the angels not called "stars" in the bible?

Stars falling to the earth means satan or his demons driven from heaven to the earth befor their being destroyed.

mazaje:

. .What exactly are you talking about?. . .The bible tried to run into the fleid of astronomy and it falied completely,

that is a lie.
I dont think you are a honest person, since you wish to misrepresent the bible here to deceive people.
Astrology is a no go area for Worshpers of Yahweh.

mazaje:

so much so that you your self have aknowledged

what? Me?
Why are you lying guy? Lol.

I did not argree on such ^ o!

But with your comprehension level here, am not surprised.

mazaje:

By the way the ancient greeks knew much more about the constellations (and wrote about them) than the ancient jews. . .

that is not under contention here men.

Meanwhile, Please, state the "falsehood" in the bible please and stop jumping up and down.

All this your "feel good story" is not helping your case here.
Peace.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
Freksy:

I like that question up there. In his post i think he mentioned "Christian apologists" ... Lol.

The more many try to disprove Genesis 1:1, the more they prove that the heaven and the earth can't be the products of one undirected/unguided explosion, but were carefully designed.

Ma bros, you dong show?

You are welcome, lets play ball, let the bible defend itself
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thehomer: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

To the extent that matter being mutable cannot self exist, then it had a trigger, and an effect cannot be its cause and as such must be external to itself. Simpliciter.

Is it possible for nothing to exist?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2013
Freksy:

The bible gave a detailed account of how god created everything in seven days. . . Whether it is 7 periods or 7 normal days, the details are all there for all to see. . .How can god divide day and night?. . .What causes day and night if not the sun?. . .can you see how meaningless your assertion is?. . .What divides day and night if not the sun?. . .Is your god now the sun?. . .Even if we are to go with your creative period the bible still remains a mythical creation narrative that is very false. . .

It still doesn't matter. . .If it means day or periods. . .

Only that you are lying and distorting what the bible is saying. . .From the bible. . .

Gen1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light(sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night(moon): he made the stars also.
Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:1 8 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

If you can read as i assume you can you can see it says VERY clearly that the sun, moon and stars were all created on the fourth day of creation placed in the elusive firmament and they were all created to give light upon the earth. . .All the stuff you wrote about rotating earth and light travel is your OWN making it does NOT appear any where in the bible and remain your own lies. . .I really prefer the YEC that take it as they see it or the apologist that will tell you its an allegory that people that will come about lying through their teeth and keep repeating what was never said. . .Sun and moon in outer space long before the first day according to your lies, but the bible VERY clearly says there were created on the fourth day. . .Or are we reading from two different bibles?. . .

The J.W translation is an apologetic nonsense. . .And non of what you have written here appears in the bible, the bible reading is very clear, sun, moon and stars were all created on the fourth day of creation and placed in the elusive firmament to give light unto the earth. . .Lie all you want but that is what was written in the bible. . .Light from the sun , eh?. . .How can it be light from the sun when it says the sun was created on the fourth day of creation after the earth was already existing?. . .

Why do you guys love LYING SO MUCH?. . .Its disgusting. . .the way you guys just throw the bible and keep making it to say things it NEVER says is disgusting. . .They were only visible but not created according to your own lies, right?. . .

From the bible. . .

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light(sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night(moon): he made the stars also

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
Gen 1:1 8 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day

It clearly says the sun, moon and stars were made(created) on the fourth day of creation, already the grasses were already created in the earth on the 3rd day of creation, the firmament was already created on the second day of creation, now the sun, moon and stars were set in the firmament on the fourth day of creation after they were created . . .Keep lying for Jesus. . .By the way what is a firmament and how can the sun, moon and stars be placed in any firmament?. . .Are the sun , moon and stars in any firmament?. . .

Genesis creation account is as correct as the creation account to be found in the verders or any of the japaness and chinese creation myths. . .You are ONLY trying to lie through your teeth to make scientific discoveries rhyme with the genesis creation myth, but saying that the bible does not really mean what it says, or that was was written does not mean what was written but something else according to your own lies and spin. . .

What has this got to do with the mythical creation account in genesis that says the earth was created before the sun and starts?. . .keep spinning and lying to yourself. . .Those that are honest just take it as it was written(YEC), those that know it doesn't agree with reality say it is an allegory. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:28pm On Apr 27, 2013
Deep Sight:

Excellent and sensible post. i am not christian and the bible is not my creed, but i cannot get over the vacant st.upidity of those who choose to read Genesis in a literal sense.

And who told you that is was NOT written to be read literally?. . .Genesis is not supposed to be read literally, but the crucifiction of Jesus and and other tales are supposed to be read literally?. . .The guy was just lying through his teeth to make scientific observation agree with the genesis creation myth. . .Its dishonest and pathetic. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
truthislight:

get the verses and your argument right please.

the word "heaven" has two conotation:
1. The Expanse above the earth
2. The throne of God.

Creation in Genesis is about earth and its expanse.

Sure. . .

we are talking about earth creation and the birds of heaven and their heaven.

"every thing on earth", yes.

creation on earth is what i read in Genesis and that it was covered in darkness:

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1:2-3).
..........................................................................................
What i can see there ^ is God saying let there be light. I did not read the planet sun there.

And i dont know where the argument that "God created plants befor there was light" came from.

How do you read?. . .didn't you see the 7 days account of how everything was supposedly created?. .

cool

i understand it to mean the divisions of the light for days and seasons, just like verse three(3) said: let there be light.

If you want/wish to see creation of sun and moon there, good for you.

That I can open my window blinds for sun rays to enter my room as light instead of electric light does not mean i just "created" the sun.

What is this drivel?. . .Only that according to the bible the sun, moon and stars were made on the fourth day of creation. . .lie and deny all you want but is is there. . .The 7 day creation account tells you how god created the earth and everything in it and explains how each came about in a 7 day account of creation. . .The fourth day was when he made the sun, moon and stars. . .

Gen1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light(sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night(moon): he made the stars also.

The were created on the fouth days and place in the firmament to give light upon the earth. . .if you don't like that part , you can tear it off from your bible. . .

what? How do you read?
*sigh*

You are actually supposed to ask yourself that question, because its obvious you can't read. . .If i may ask, on what day of creation was the sun, moon and stars made according to the 7 day creation account?. . .

where did you get that ^? Smh for you.

Where else but from the bible, i just gave u the verse. . .You can tear it off from your bible, since its obvious you don't want it to be there. . .

the bible is the word of Yahweh.
I dont know what you are talking about.

Sure, just as the koran is the word of Allah the ONLY true god and creator of the universe. . .The bible is just the mythical writings of the jews about their imaginary god idea. . .

i mean that the Education was about Adam and the earth he lived in and not astrology.

What has astrology to do with the fall of man and the coming of the massaiah? Who is interested in the Demonic activities of astrology that Yahweh asked the Jews to keep clear?
*sigh*

Who is talking about astrology?. . .

yes, Yahweh educated the Jews about a lot of things including "hereafter" and not that the jews came up with ideas that is based on the traditions of men and Demons.

Ohh really, yahweh "educated" them?. . .that;s interesting. . .

where? How do you read?

No wander! cool

you build an error birth in it and belief in it? Smh for you.

yes, the creator is in a better place to know what happened at death.

What "false hood" does the bible tell about the after life? Please bring it fourth and stop making basedless accusations.

ohh, I forgot that you are one of those Jehovah witness that does not believe in the conventional christian heaven and hell mythical nonsense. . Goof for you. . .I remember you telling me that nothing like hell exist in some thread some weeks ago. . . grin

is that ^ ignorance?

Are the angels not called "stars" in the bible?

Stars falling to the earth means satan or his demons driven from heaven to the earth befor their being destroyed.

that is a lie.
I dont think you are a honest person, since you wish to misrepresent the bible here to deceive people.
Astrology is a no go area for Worshpers of Yahweh.

what? Me?
Why are you lying guy? Lol.

I did not argree on such ^ o!

But with your comprehension level here, am not surprised.

that is not under contention here men.

Meanwhile, Please, state the "falsehood" in the bible please and stop jumping up and down.

All this your "feel good story" is not helping your case here.
Peace.

What ever rocks your both, Jehovah witness buddy. . . grin
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2013
mazaje:

How do you read?. . .didn't you see the 7 days account of how everything was supposedly created?. .

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was LIGHT." (Genesis 1:2-3).
.........................................................................................

Is your brain stump?

Cant you read? which light is that ^ in verse 3?

You left out verse 3 and went to verse 16 or more to make noise?

Where did the verse 3 light came from? Even befor every, any other thing was created?

I hate westing time with kids that cant think in addition to dishonesty. *sigh*

how can a reasonable person leave verse 3 statement and not take it into context and ran to verses in front and pick out random verses and build an elusive castle in the air?

Should we tear out verse 3 of Genesis from the bible?

The lies you have taken in has really punished you indeed and you are spining more lies to cover over the lies, even lying against me that i said what i never said .

What a restlessness!

You should better change your ways and have a breath of flesh air.

mazaje:

Only that according to the bible the sun, moon and stars were made on the fourth day of creation. .

you see what i mean?

Where then did the light in verse 3 came from?

Next you will say that stars are falling from heaven to earth. cool lol.

mazaje:

.lie and deny all you want but is is there. . .The 7 day creation account tells you how god created the earth and everything in it and explains how each came about in a 7 day account of creation. . .The fourth day was when he made the sun, moon and stars. . .

so, when you go to verses 21,22 of chapter 2 and hear God talk about the creation of Eve after the seven days creation in chapter 1 what do you say? That creation had not ended?

See:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:27).
The point is that the book of Genesis Gives a statement that overlap each other for detail.

mazaje:

see.

Even after the seven days creation in chapter 1 came this:

"And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof." (Genesis 2:19).

After this in chapter 1:

"And to every beast of the earth, and to every "fowl" of the air, " (Genesis 1:30).
...................................................................................
What is fowl creation doing in chapter 2? Have fowl not been created already in chapter 1?

The point here is that the oder of creation of things you wish to criticise can not be taken in isolation without the other details.

That ^ is why you critics are in the bushes = foolish mans land.

mazaje:

If i may ask, on what day of creation was the sun, moon and stars made according to the 7 day creation account?. . .

are those ^ inside planet earth? Smh for you.
How shallow!

mazaje:

Ohh really, yahweh "educated" them?. . .that;s interesting. . .

thank you for coming round the update.
Please, remain updated.

The ignorance is alarming.

You even thrives on sentiment:

mazaje:

ohh, I forgot that you are one of those Jehovah witness that does not believe in the conventional christian heaven and hell mythical nonsense. . Goof for you. . .I remember you telling me that nothing like hell exist in some thread some weeks ago. . . grin

and this:

mazaje:

What ever rocks your both, Jehovah witness buddy. . . grin

what part of the argument are you addressing there ^?

cool

smh for you.

For a book "fill with falsity", you are doing a very poor job.

I had expected you to do better.

Please, produce the "false hood" my friend.

Dont be ignorant!
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
truthislight:

"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was LIGHT." (Genesis 1:2-3).
.........................................................................................

Is your brain stump?

Cant you read? which light is that ^ in verse 3?

You left out verse 3 and went to verse 16 or more to make noise?

Where did the verse 3 light came from? Even befor every, any other thing was created?

I hate westing time with kids that cant think in addition to dishonesty. *sigh*

how can a reasonable person leave verse 3 statement and not take it into context and ran to verses in front and pick out random verses and build an elusive castle in the air?

Should we tear out verse 3 of Genesis from the bible?

The lies you have taken in has really punished you indeed and you are spining more lies to cover over the lies, even lying against me that i said what i never said .

What a restlessness!

You should better change your ways and have a breath of flesh air.

The bible does NOT say where the light came from, it only says god said let there be light and there was light and god divided the light into two, the light he called day and the darkness he called night. . .From here we can see that it talks about light appearing without any light source to claim the source of light is the sun is to LIE, because it was never stated. . .In some other parts of the bible (Revelation)it talks about a new earth with light without the sun. . .The bible clearly states that the sun was created on the fourth day of creation. . .

you see what i mean?

Where then did the light in verse 3 came from?

Next you will say that stars are falling from heaven to earth. cool lol.

The bible never said it came from the sun. . .It only said god created light and not the sun. . .By the way, what am I to do with the nonsense you said about angles being refered to as stars?. . .You are just arguing with no specific parameters. . .

so, when you go to verses 21,22 of chapter 2 and hear God talk about the creation of Eve after the seven days creation in chapter 1 what do you say? That creation had not ended?

See:

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." (Genesis 1:27).
The point is that the book of Genesis Gives a statement that overlap each other for detail.

The TRUTH is that the two accounts of creation in genesis were NOT written by the same person and at the same time. . .The account in genesis chapter two was actually written before the account in genesis one. The account in genesis one is a rabbinical commentry on genesis chapter 2. . .But when the bible was complied, both were put together as one. . .

see.

Even after the seven days creation in chapter 1 came this:

"And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof." (Genesis 2:19).

After this in chapter 1:

"And to every beast of the earth, and to every "fowl" of the air, " (Genesis 1:30).
...................................................................................
What is fowl creation doing in chapter 2? Have fowl not been created already in chapter 1?

The point here is that the oder of creation of things you wish to criticise can not be taken in isolation without the other details.

That ^ is why you critics are in the bushes = foolish mans land.

It is you blind believers that are foolish, you just take the mythical narratives of ancient people as word of some imaginary god with out trying to know how they actually came about. . .The two creation accounts were written by two different people but later put together as one when the hebrew bible was complied. . .Go and read up about the history of the bible and how it was put together. . .The book of genesis has so many authors. . .Even christian scholars that are christians and have studied it (like professor Willam Lane Craig) agree that the book of genesis has many authors. . .Such people will tell you that the creation accounts are allegories, because they know the history of how it came about, I am talking about christians not some unbelievers, people that actually know so much about bible history and how it was complied and put together. . .

are those ^ inside planet earth? Smh for you.
How shallow!

You didn't see where it says there were placed inside the firmament to give light to the earth?. . . grin or is the genesis creation account only refering to the creation of the earth?. . if yes why does it specifically say that the sun, moon and stars where all created on the fourth day of creation, you just don't want to address it. you keep jumping from one place to another. . .I repeat on which day of creation were the sun moon and stars created according to the 7 days creation account of the bible?. . .

thank you for coming round the update.
Please, remain updated.

The ignorance is alarming.

You even thrives on sentiment:

It is actually you that is ignorant, any body that knows anything about how the bible was put together will tell you that the genesis on and two creation accounts were written by two difefrent people over two different tie periods. . .Go and study the history of the hebrew bible, only an ignorant person will say the nonsense you are saying. . .I know its people like you that believe the bible just came from heaven or the books were written by moses,jewish tradition is what ascribed the authorship to moses, the books were NOT written by moses, he never claimed authorship any where, they were written in thrid person narrative, even the last book talked about how moses died, there is no way moses can write a book and tell people how he died in the book. . .genesis was written by many authors. . .

and this:

what part of the argument are you addressing there ^?

cool

smh for you.

For a book "fill with falsity", you are doing a very poor job.

I had expected you to do better.

Please, produce the "false hood" my friend.

Dont be ignorant!

You were just jumping up and down and dancing all over the place. . .I remmeber you stating that the bible does not talk about hell. . .When I showed you verse that did, you just dug your head in the sand and keep singing to your self that the bible does not say hell is a palce of punishment, bla bla bla. . .That is the same nonsense you are doing here, trying to say that the genesis creaton account in verse 1 only talks about the creation of the earth. . .You are too deluded. . .You keep denying what is written inside the bible, you even deny that it talks about hell as a place of eternal punishment for humans all because of the sect you belong to. . .LOL
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
mazaje: @fresky

How can god divide day and night?. .
What causes day and night if not the sun?. . .can you see how meaningless your assertion is?. . .What divides day and night if not the sun?. . .Is your god now the sun?. .

^^^
Your limited knowledge of science coupled with pride is a recipe for disaster.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Now, is it a necessity that planet earth revolving around the sun and held in place by their relative forces of attraction and repulsion should also spin on it axis for it to remain in its orbit?

2. Can you explain the purpose of the spining of planet earth on it axis aside the notion of day and night that is relative?

3. Aside planet earth that rotate or spins on it axis, does all other known planets also spin on it axis?

4. If not, why?

5. Why does all other known planets not rotating on it axis?

6. Is planet earth straith or tilted?

7. If Yes why?

8. Are all other planets known to man tilted?

9. If no why?

10. What would have been the resultant outcome if those possibilties are opposite on planet earth?

Ok. Let me stop here for now.

If you can give answers to those ^ questions i then can guess if i am talking to a reasonable/knowledgeable person that understand the world around him or you are an abuse of internet privileges.

If you cant. Then you are a noise maker that dont deserve my time on this topic.

The answers to those ^ questions should help unthinking people to think and see the difference to what happened to planet earth that makes it different and unique when compared to other planets.

Peace
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Kay17: 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
^^
But the above is unnecessary. The major source of light in our solar system is the Sun. Whether or not other planets revolve on some axis or whether rain falls on em have nothing to do with what source of light God talked about.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 11:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
mazaje:

The bible does NOT say where the light came from, it only says god said let there be light and there was light and god divided the light into two, the light he called day and the darkness he called night. . .From here we can see that it talks about light appearing without any light source to claim the source of light is the sun is to LIE, because it was never stated. . .In some other parts of the bible (Revelation)it talks about a new earth with light without the sun. . .The bible clearly states that the sun was created on the fourth day of creation. . .

The bible never said it came from the sun. . .It only said god created light and not the sun. . .By the way, what am I to do with the nonsense you said about angles being refered to as stars?. . .You are just arguing with no specific parameters. . .

The TRUTH is that the two accounts of creation in genesis were NOT written by the same person and at the same time. . .The account in genesis chapter two was actually written before the account in genesis one. The account in genesis one is a rabbinical commentry on genesis chapter 2. . .But when the bible was complied both were put together as one. . .

It you blind believers that are foolish, you just take the mythical narratives of ancient people as word of some imaginary god with out trying to know how the actually came about. . .The two creation accounts were written by two different people but later put together as one when the hebrew bible was complied. . .Go read up about the history of the bible and how it was put together. . .The book of genesis has so many authors. . .Even christian scholars that are christians and have studied it like professor Willam Lane Craig agree that the book of genesis has many authors. . .Such people will tell you that they creation accounts are allegories, because they know the history of how it came about, I am talking about christians not some unbelievers, people that actually know so much about bible history and how it was complied and put together. . .

You didn't see where it says there were placed inside the firmament to give light to the earth?. . . grin or is the genesis creation account only refering to the creation of the earth?. . if yes why does it specifically say that the sun, moon and stars where all created on the fourth day of creation, you just don't want to address it. you keep jumping from one place to another. . .I repeat on which day of creation were the sun moon and stars created according to the 7 days creation account of the bible?. . .

It is actually you that is ignorant, any body that knows anything about how the bible was put together will tell you that the genesis on and two creation accounts were written by two difefrent people over two different tie periods. . .Go and study the history of the hebrew bible, only an ignorant person will say the nonsense you are saying. . .I know its people like you that believe the bible just came from heaven or the books were written by moses,jewish tradition is what ascribed the authorship to moses, the books were NOT written by moses, he never claimed authorship any where, they were written in thrid person narrative, even the last book talked about how moses died, there is no way moses can write a book and tell people how he died in the book. . .genesis was written by many authors. . .

You were just jumping up and down and dancing all over the place. . .I remmeber you stating that the bible does not talk about hell. . .When I showed you verse that did, you just dug your head in the sand and keep singing to your self that the bible does not say hell is a palce of punishment, bla bla bla. . .That is the same nonsense you are doing here, trying to say that the genesis creaton account in verse 1 only talks about the creation of the earth. . .You are too deluded. . .You keep denying what is written inside the bible, you even deny that it talks about hell as a place of eternal punishment for humans all because of the sect you belong to. . .LOL

cool

westing my time?

Maybe!

Please, give answers to the above questions befor i can take you seriousely.
cool

Hell is a latin word and holds a latin meaning that is different to the Jews.

As an ignorant, answer those ^ questions let me know that i am not taking to an infant rebel.

Use google it will help you.

cool
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 12:03am On Apr 28, 2013
Kay 17: ^^
But the above is unnecessary. The major source of light in our solar system is the Sun. Whether or not other planets revolve on some axis or whether rain falls on em have nothing to do with what source of light God talked about.

More ignoramus that thrive in ignorance are showing up.

Answer the questions and live in reality and not an elusive bubbles that you are in.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thesecret222: 7:14am On Apr 28, 2013
In the bible does it state that we've all been here before? Im not sure of my thesis, bit i have the little bit of logical back up.to support my next state ment...

So, what if i told you, you've been here before, you wpuld then think, dejavu, as in lucid dreaming to be aware of your dream you need dream signs to remind you that you are dreaming... As in real life , if thats what you wanna call it, they're sighns, that remind you of the event or circumstances taking place. There are multiple universe, but theyre all idntical, universe where any possibility is played out, example the nazis won the war and tpok over the world, in a different "reality" its frightening when you think like thos, but imagen it as a video game, after all, all.we are are projections
the universes structure is similar to that of a computers, nothing is real... Its as though were just another generations technology, like the matrix... A simulation, maybe a dream, but most likely were in a high quality console that was made thirdy yeats from now
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thesecret222: 7:19am On Apr 28, 2013
Sorry about the miss spelling, this shit is stupid af, makes me wanna break my phone...
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thesecret222: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2013
What the Bleep i didnt write that, hmm strange, is there an auto correct
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by turnstoner(m): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:
^^^
Your limited knowledge of science coupled with pride is a recipe for disaster.

Please answer the following questions:

1. Now, is it a necessity that planet earth revolving around the sun and held in place by their relative forces of attraction and repulsion should also spin on it axis for it to remain in its orbit?

2. Can you explain the purpose of the spining of planet earth on it axis aside the notion of day and night that is relative?

3. Aside planet earth that rotate or spins on it axis, does all other planets also spin on it axis?

4. If not, why?

5. Why does all other planet not rotating on it axis?

6. Is planet earth straith or tilted?

7. If Yes why?

8. Are all other planets known to man tilted?

9. If no why?

10. What would have been the resultant outcome if those possibilties are opposite on planet earth?

Ok. Let me stop here for now.

If you can give answers to those ^ questions i then can guess if i am talking to a reasonable/knowledgeable person that understand the world around him or you are an abuse of internet privileges.

If you cant. Then you are a noise maker that dont deserve my time on this topic.

The answers to those ^ questions should help unthinking people to think and see the difference to what happened to planet earth that makes it different and unique when compared to other planets.

Peac

The only reason am quoting you is to make sure you can't modify the absolute nonsense you wrote above undecided

What impudence angry

What absolute ignorance angry

I have always known that most religious posters are not worth debating. you are the epitome of such.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 8:59am On Apr 28, 2013
turnstoner:

The only reason am quoting you is to make sure you can't modify the absolute nonsense you wrote above undecided

What impudence angry

I have always known that most religious posters are not worth debating. you are the epitome of such.

I did not reply him because I just didn't know what to make of the nonsense he wrote up there. . .
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by nnofaith: 9:31am On Apr 28, 2013
@mazaje. why are you wasting your time with these pple? many of them read the bible/koran not the history of these books. as a matter of fact many pple do not know these books were compiled by humans they think the books descended from the sky directly from god.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2013
turnstoner:

What impudence angry

All this empty heads that are here making noise cant even give answer to very simple questions?

Smh for:

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 14:1).
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by truthislight: 1:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

I did not reply him because I just didn't know what to make of the nonsense he wrote up there. . .

Empty head!

How will you know, you not this:

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 14:1).

Have your empty head so soon forgotten the questions you had asked?

I have always known you were a west of time and bandwidth.

Rubbish!
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:

Empty head!

. Again the bible clearly lies when it says those that say there is no god have done abominable works and non does good. You know Bill Gates right? He is an atheist that says god does not exist, he is a very honorable many as attested by many including Christians , he runs the biggest charity organization foundation in the world and has done a lot of good. His charity foundation is trying to end polio in the world. So you see your bible is lying when it says those that say there is no go do only bad and never do good. Bill Gates has helped humanity more than your imaginary godand his men of god. Name one Christian that has contributed over 90 percent of his wealth to the course of charity?

Rubbish!
. Pls read the nonsense you typed and laugh at your stupidity
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
truthislight:

Empty head!

. Again the bible clearly lies when it says those that say there is no god have done abominable works and non does good. You know Bill Gates right? He is an atheist that says god does not exist, he is a very honorable many as attested by many including Christians , he runs the biggest charity organization foundation in the world and has done a lot of good. His charity foundation is trying to end polio in the world. So you see your bible is lying when it says those that say there is no go do only bad and never do good. Bill Gates has helped humanity more than your imaginary godand his men of god. Name one Christian that has contributed over 90 percent of his wealth to the course of charity?

Rubbish!
. Pls read the nonsense you typed and laugh at your stupidity
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by DeepSight(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2013
thehomer:

Is it possible for nothing to exist?

NO.
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by thehomer: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

NO.

Then why do we need your God?
Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:

The bible gave a detailed account of how god created everything in seven days . . . Whether it is 7 periods or 7 normal days, the details are all there for all to see. . .How can god divide day and night?. . .What causes day and night if not the sun?. . .can you see how meaningless your assertion is?. . .What divides day and night if not the sun?. . .Is your god now the sun?. . .Even if we are to go with your creative period the bible still remains a mythical creation narrative that is very false. . .

Wrong! The bible does not give a detailed account of how God created everything in seven days. The Genesis account was not written to show the "how" of creation. Rather, it covers major events in a progressive way, describing what things were formed, the order in which they were formed and the time interval, or "day," in which each first appeared. In the first craetive day, light started to appear. You can't have light without the source.

It still doesn't matter. . .If it means day or periods. . .

Only that you are lying and distorting what the bible is saying. . .From the bible. . .

If you can read as i assume you can you can see it says the sun, moon and stars were all created on the fourth day of creation and they were all created to give light into the earth. . .All the stuff you wrote about rotating earth and light travel is your OWN making it does NOT appear any where in the bible and remain your own lies. . .I really prefer the YEC that take it as they see it or the apologist that will tell you its an allegory that people that will come about lying through their teeth and keep repeating what was never said. . .Sun and moon in outer space long before the first day according to your lies, but the bible VERY clearly says there were created on the fourth day. . .Or are we reading from two different bibles?. . .

The J.W translation is an apologetic nonsense. . .And non of what you have written here appears in the bible, the bible reading is very clear, sun, moon and stars were all created on the fourth day of creation to give light unto the earth. . .Lie all you want but that is what was written in the bible. . .Light from the sun , eh?. . .How can it be light from the sun when it says the sun was created on the fourth day of created after the earth was already existing?. . .

The translation by Benjamin Wills Newton gives the same picture of continuing development of a process once started.

Rotherham, in a footnote on "Luminaries" in the Emphasised Bible, says: "In ver. 3, 'ôr ['ohr], light diffused." Are they also "apologetic nonsense"?

Why do you guys love LYING SO MUCH?. . .Its disgusting. . .the way you guys just throw the bible and keep making it to say things it NEVER says is disgusting. . .They were only visible but not created according to your own lies, right?. . .

From the bible. . .

Gen 1:16[b]And God made[/b] two great lights; the greater light(sun) to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night(moon): he made the stars also

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day

It clearly says the sun, moon and stars were made(created) on the fourth day of creation,

When examining the Genesis account, it is helpful to keep in mind that it approaches matters from the standpoint of people on earth. So it describes events as they would have been seen by human observers had they been present. This can be noted from its treatment of events on the fourth Genesis "day." There the sun and moon are described as great luminaries in comparison to the stars. Yet many stars are far greater than our sun, and the moon is insignificant in comparison to them. But not to an earthly observer. So, as seen from the earth, the sun appears to be a 'greater light that rules the day' and the moon a 'lesser light that dominates the night.'—Genesis 1:14-18.

Gen. 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".
The heavens had bodies and the earth had crust and water covering it. When God called for light to appear in the first creative day, light gradually came forth, not from the earth, but from the light source(s) in the heaven which were later made to appear on creative day 4.

When God made lights, one to rule over the day and the other, the night (Gen. 1:14-18), it wasn't announcement of the birth of the sun, moon and stars, for they had been in existence for untold number of years prior to day 4.The main emphasis were on their appearance and more functions. Where do you think the light on creative day one (Gen. 1:3,5) came from?

When God made the dry land to appear on creative day 3 (Gen.1:9,10), that was not announcement of the birth of the earth's crust, for it had been in existence for untold number of years prior to day 3.- Gen 1:1

Contrary to your claim, the bible does not give a detailed account of how God created everything in 7 days. Also, it was not written as a science book, but has given us the order in which things were formed/made to appear, and the time interval, or "day," in which each first appeared - like the sun, moon and stars that first appeared on creative day 4, though had been in existence for untold number of years.

already the grasses were already created in the earth on the 3rd day of creation. . .Keep lying for Jesus. . .
By the way what is a firmament and how can the sun, moon and stars be placed in any firmament?. . .Are the sun , moon and stars in any firmament?. . .

Why wouldn't there be grasses in day 3? Light gradually appeared from creative day 1 - Gen.1:3. The diffused light would have become quite strong by then, ample for the process of photosynthesis so vital to green plants.

Genesis creation account is as correct as the creation account to be found in the verders or any of the japaness and chinese creation myths. . .You are ONLY trying to lie through your teeth to make scientific discoveries rhyme with the genesis creation myth, but saying that the bible does not really mean what it says, or that was was written does not mean what was written but something else according to your own lies and spin. . .

What has this got to do with the mythical creation account in genesis that says the earth was created before the sun and starts?. . .keep spinning and lying to yourself. . .Those that are honest just take it as it was written(YEC), those that know it doesn't agree with reality say it is an allegory. . .

Lol.. you have omitted the greatest myth - undirected explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Myopia Of Atheism by Freksy(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2013
mazaje:
The first page of the bible begins with a false creation account that was been shown to be false by observable evidence, even christian apologist agree and say the genesis creation account is an allegory. . .

The science of mathematical probability offers striking proof that the Genesis creation account must have come from a source with knowledge of the events. The account lists 10 major stages in this order: (1) a beginning; (2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water; (3) light; (4) an expanse or atmosphere; (5) large areas of dry land; (6) land plants; (7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning; (cool sea monsters and flying creatures; (9) wild and tame beasts, mammals; (10) man.

(1) a beginning ....................................................................................................1:1
(2) a primitive earth in darkness and enshrouded in heavy gases and water .....1:2

Day One
(3) light .................................................................................................................1:3,5

Day Two
(4) an expanse or atmosphere ..............................................................................1:6-8

Day Three
(5) large areas of dry land ......................................................................................1:9,10
(6) land plants ........................................................................................................1:11

Day Four
(7) sun, moon and stars discernible in the expanse, and seasons beginning ........1:14-16

Day Five
(cool sea monsters and flying creatures .....................................................................1:20,21

Day Six
(9) wild and tame beasts, mammals .........................................................................1:24
(10) man.....................................................................................................................1:26,27

Science agrees that these stages occurred in the above general order. What are the chances that the writer of Genesis just guessed this order? The same as if you picked at random the numbers 1 to 10 from a box, and drew them in consecutive order. The chances of doing this on your first try are 1 in 3,628,800! So, to say the writer just happened to list the foregoing events in the right order without getting the facts from somewhere is not realistic. To say it is false will make one a blatant liar before others.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

According To The Bible, To Whom Are We To Be Submissive, And Why? / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians / Kinds Of Spiritual Garments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.