Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426017 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Today is Thanksgiving day in U.S
Happy Thanksgiving to Everybody, It's my Prayer that by next year's Thanksgiving anniversary, we will all be in U.S celebrating too

8 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 7:19am On Nov 28, 2013
apex555: I am one of the luck winners of DV 2014 I send my form 2 kcc on 3rd June 2013 my case no is 127** I just join dis thread and I have go true few out the comment you guy are reallllllyyyyyyyyy doing a gr8 job God bless you all IJN.my question is this.
1 in my primary school certificate my name there is this Adegare Adewale but when I enter secondry school I includ Prosper and since then I have been using the 3 name for all my document like dis Adegare prosper Adewale hope dis will not affect me?
2nd there is a mistake on my WEAC certificate the date of birth is 1988 and my real DOB is 1986 and 1986 is what I have been using 4 all my document including my international passport but about 3weeks that I collect my certificate dat is when I realise the mistake.what can I do?
3rd in my WEAC 2005 I have only B3 in commerce in 2006 I wrote NECO EnGLISH C4 MATHS C6 GOVERNMENT C6 ACCOUNT C6 I also have national Diploma I mine good 2 go?
pls ur repose 2 this question is very important God bless u all

Let me start by congratulating you. Pls note that you do not need to worry yourself about the primary school leaving certifcate (u don't need that any longer) since you have National Diploma & WAEC/NECO result, it superseed the primary leaving certificate.

The mistake in your DOB as shown on your WAEC result can be corrected (-there were similar cases before 2013 thread) but not too worry, since information on your international passport is the same that you used on DV lotterry - you are good to go.

Just a question, the mistake you mentioned, was it only on WAEC or both NECO(2006) & WAEC (2005)? I will the error was just on your WAEC & d information is correct on NECO, better stick with your NECO result.

Have you sent your form to KCC, don't waste time doing that please
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2013
janut: Our interview was quite unique. You will know why @ the end.
We got to the embassy @ about 5:55, and met people there as usual. After some time we were told to form queues according to immigrant and non immigrant.We went through various security checks and they also checked their list to confirm if we had appointment for the day.
Getting in we paid N109000 I.e for 2 persons. Pls keep all the papers they give you before entering.
After paying we submitted our documents and was asked to wait for our interview.
At about past 9 am we were called for our interview.
C/o: please both of u should raise ur right hand and swear to say the whole truth during the interview.
He took our finger prints after which the interview started.
C/o: what's ur highest level of education
Me: ...
C.o: what year
Me:.....
C.o: what course.
me:...
C.o: when did u serve
Me:...
C.o: where
C.o what was ur task there
C.o:when did u get married
Me:..
C.o: is it church , registry or both
C.o: when did u meet ur wife
C.o: why did u wait so long b4 marrying
her
Me:....
C.o:do u have wedding pictures
Me: ....
C.o: who is that little boy the picture
C.o: who is that little girl in the picture
C.o brought out two white papers and explained to us where to pick up our visa and hw to pay uscis fee.
We thanked him and left.
In all of this the c.o did not ask my wife a single question even though she was right beside me.
Please alwz say d truth. I used a wrong date of birth during my initial application and the c.o asked me about it which I confirmed and he was satisfied.
I wish those yet to get their visa all the best. It can only be God.

Congrtas bro. What's a unique testimony indeed! This is the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our sight. my wife and I key into your testimony IJN. Go and Live your US of A dream ...Faith Works Wonders
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:27am On Nov 28, 2013
Obatide: I feel this might be helpful for people who will be going for their NPC Birth attestation.
Below is the format of the covering Letter

Your Full Address
Lagos State.
15th November, 2013
Tel: 080xxxxxxx

The Director,
National Population Commission,
Babs Animashaun Road,
Surulere, Lagos.
Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR ATTESTATION OF BIRTH
I hereby apply for letter of attestation of birth for record purposes.
Attached herewith are photocopies of necessary documents required.

BIODATA:
OWNER’S NAME:
DATE OF BIRTH:
PLACE OF BIRTH:
L.G.A OF BIRTH:
STATE OF BIRTH:
NATIONALITY:

FATHER’S NAME:
TOWN:
L.G.A OF ORIGIN:
STATE OF ORIGIN:
NATIONALITY:

MOTHER’S NAME:
TOWN:
L.G.A OF ORIGIN:
STATE OF ORIGIN:
NATIONALITY:

I will be very grateful if the application is granted.

Yours faithfully,

Surname, Other Names

Courtesy: G2Glory & Obatide
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 9:03am On Nov 28, 2013
please is there anyone who has paid their USCIS fee. I am unable to open an account and am leaving very soon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:24am On Nov 28, 2013
@ ItyRoyal:
Now you're talking.

ItyRoyal:

@,ukemeglitter:

I say a believing Amen to that. I am very certain that there shall be a miracle that will cause the bulletin to move at our favour. Like you have said,letz keep praying and letz stay positive.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2013
Obatide: Today is Thanksgiving day in U.S
Happy Thanksgiving to Everybody, It's my Prayer that by next year's Thanksgiving anniversary, we will all be in U.S celebrating too

AMEN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 10:28am On Nov 28, 2013
Obatide: I feel this might be helpful for people who will be going for their NPC Birth attestation.
Below is the format of the covering Letter

Your Full Address
Lagos State.
15th November, 2013
Tel: 080xxxxxxx

The Director,
National Population Commission,
Babs Animashaun Road,
Surulere, Lagos.
Dear Sir,

APPLICATION FOR ATTESTATION OF BIRTH
I hereby apply for letter of attestation of birth for record purposes.
Attached herewith are photocopies of necessary documents required.

BIODATA:
OWNER’S NAME:
DATE OF BIRTH:
PLACE OF BIRTH:
L.G.A OF BIRTH:
STATE OF BIRTH:
NATIONALITY:

FATHER’S NAME:
TOWN:
L.G.A OF ORIGIN:
STATE OF ORIGIN:
NATIONALITY:

MOTHER’S NAME:
TOWN:
L.G.A OF ORIGIN:
STATE OF ORIGIN:
NATIONALITY:

I will be very grateful if the application is granted.

Yours faithfully,

Surname, Other Names

Courtesy: G2Glory & Obatide

A question sir, wen applying for birth assestation for married women, is it dere real surname i.e dere father's name or dere present surname i.e husband's name... which of dat is married women is to put down as dere surname.

thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

A question sir, wen applying for birth assestation for married women, is it dere real surname i.e dere father's name or dere present surname i.e husband's name... which of dat is married women is to put down as dere surname.

thanks

The first step is a sworn affidavit that state her current (husband) name with her father's name (Nee) in parenthesis e.g ...

*******************************************************************************************************
IN THE HIGH COURT OF LAGOS STATE
HOLDEN AT IKEJA
SWORN AFFIDAVIT
FOR: DECLARATION OF AGE

I, Husband Surname, Other Names, (Nee ...Father's Surname) Female, Christian, Nigerian citizen of "House Address with street number", Ikeja, Lagos state do hereby make an oath and say as follows:
1. That I am the above named person whose passport photograph is affixed herein.

2. That according to information I received from my parents which I believe to be true, that I was born on XXth day of Month, 19XX at Town in Bleep State of Nigeria.

3. That my parent’s are "Other Names, Surname (Father) and Other Names, Surname (Mother).

4. That I hailed from Bleep Local Government Area in Bleep State of Nigeria.

5. That this Sworn Affidavit is now required to process the Attestation of Birth from National Population Commission, hence this affidavit.

6. And that I swear to the above in good faith believing same to be true and correct in accordance with the oaths of the Law of 2003.

SWORN TO at the High Court ……..…………………………
Registry, Ikeja this…….Day Declarant
Of ………….2013

BEFORE ME

COMMISSIONER FOR OATH

*****************************************************************************************************

The above is a sample of affidavit to prepare at high court & take along with you to NPC
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2013
Goodmorning house please, i need to be cleared abuh this, im a final yr student just finished my IT though buh i dont av anything to show that am a still a student apart 4rm my skl identity card n original jamb admin letter, i dont know if i should go with my 400level skl fees reciept as well. Please someone help me.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2013
G2Glory:

The first step is a sworn affidavit that state her current (husband) name with her father's name (Nee) in parenthesis e.g ...

*******************************************************************************************************
HOLDEN AT IKEJA
SWORN AFFIDAVIT

I, Husband Surname, Other Names, (Nee ...Father's Surname) Female, Christian, Nigerian citizen of "House Address with street number", Ikeja, Lagos state do hereby make an oath and say as follows:
1. That I am the above named person whose passport photograph is affixed herein.

2. That according to information I received from my parents which I believe to be true, that I was born on XXth day of Month, 19XX at Town in Bleep State of Nigeria.

3. That my parent’s are "Other Names, Surname (Father) and Other Names, Surname (Mother).

5. That this Sworn Affidavit is now required to process the Attestation of Birth from National Population Commission, hence this affidavit.

6. And that I swear to the above in good faith believing same to be true and correct in accordance with the oaths of the Law of 2003.

Of ………….2013

BEFORE ME

COMMISSIONER FOR OATH

*****************************************************************************************************

The above is a sample of affidavit to prepare at high court & take along with you to NPC

THANKS SO MUCH, REALLY APPRECIATE.

waiting for us to current before going for it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 11:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Outstandingsand: Goodmorning house please, i need to be cleared abuh this, im a final yr student just finished my IT though buh i dont av anything to show that am a still a student apart 4rm my skl identity card n original jamb admin letter, i dont know if i should go with my 400level skl fees reciept as well. Please someone help me.

There is no crime in that. Go there with your school ID card & possibly your last semester/session course form (approved by your dean/HOD).

Admission letter is okay, at least it will inform when you are admitted. Also, try & get prepare for interview asap. All is well i Jesus name & rejoice.

What about your letter from the place you did your IT or reference letter from your school to the company where you actually did your IT.

Pls read more about similar case in 2013 thread - What are likely questions you may be asked?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 12:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Thanks alot @ G2glory, will do as u av adviced.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jigga40(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
janut: Our interview was quite unique. You will know why @ the end.
We got to the embassy @ about 5:55, and met people there as usual. After some time we were told to form queues according to immigrant and non immigrant.We went through various security checks and they also checked their list to confirm if we had appointment for the day.
Getting in we paid N109000 I.e for 2 persons. Pls keep all the papers they give you before entering.
After paying we submitted our documents and was asked to wait for our interview.
At about past 9 am we were called for our interview.
C/o: please both of u should raise ur right hand and swear to say the whole truth during the interview.
He took our finger prints after which the interview started.
C/o: what's ur highest level of education
Me: ...
C.o: what year
C.o: what course.
me:...
C.o: when did u serve
C.o what was ur task there
C.o:when did u get married
Me:..
C.o: is it church , registry or both
C.o: when did u meet ur wife
C.o: why did u wait so long b4 marrying
her
Me:....
C.o:do u have wedding pictures
Me: ....
C.o: who is that little boy the picture
C.o: who is that little girl in the picture
C.o brought out two white papers and explained to us where to pick up our visa and hw to pay uscis fee.
We thanked him and left.
In all of this the c.o did not ask my wife a single question even though she was right beside me.
Please alwz say d truth. I used a wrong date of birth during my initial application and the c.o asked me about it which I confirmed and he was satisfied.
I wish those yet to get their visa all the best. It can only be God.
Congratulation! Glory b to God. I and every member of this forum key into your success!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 12:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
Please house I went to NPC office at Moscow road PH for my attestation of birth and they did not ask me for affidavit from court. I gave them my data plus my wife own but was asked to go and get passport copy of any of our living parents. I hope the absence of the affidavit is not a problem or raise a case later?
Please I need a strong response to this. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 2:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
G2Glory:

Beloved, my candid advice is fo you to get the NPC attestation of age. I am not sure if that delaration of age is accepatble (pls read the requirement). It will cost you just between 2,500 & 4,000 naira.

I had a birth certificate that was issued in the 80's despite that i was born in d 70's because i was not too convince if it was acceptable or not. i went for NPC certificate so as to be on a safer side. This opportunity worth such investment.

Sure, you are right bro. It's an investment.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Madu77: Please house I went to NPC office at Moscow road PH for my attestation of birth and they did not ask me for affidavit from court. I gave them my data plus my wife own but was asked to go and get passport copy of any of our living parents. I hope the absence of the affidavit is not a problem or raise a case later?

@ukemeglitter should be in the best position to give you 'strong response' and/or possibly @okeyman. He has been there and will brief you on what's obtainable.

Cheers!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by apex555(m): 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
G2Glory:

Let me start by congratulating you. Pls note that you do not need to worry yourself about the primary school leaving certifcate (u don't need that any longer) since you have National Diploma & WAEC/NECO result, it superseed the primary leaving certificate.

The mistake in your DOB as shown on your WAEC result can be corrected (-there were similar cases before 2013 thread) but not too worry, since information on your international passport is the same that you used on DV lotterry - you are good to go.

Just a question, the mistake you mentioned, was it only on WAEC or both NECO(2006) & WAEC (2005)? I will the error was just on your WAEC & d information is correct on NECO, better stick with your NECO result.

Have you sent your form to KCC, don't waste time doing that please

Thank you so mush 4 ur response the mistake is only on my WEAC,my neco have no mistake.i have send my form since June.bt I am nt ok with my 3rd question In my WEAC I have just only B3 and in my neco I have 4 credit including English and Maths I also have ND result are mine good 2 go?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babaajala: 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
hello house pls does a new immigrant in u.s
need to stay in u.s for at least 1year before
he can qualify to apply to a school and
qualify for federal grant?

i need ur urgent ansa
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Doublegold: 3:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gud afternoon my e-family. Pls, when going for medicals and Police report, what document(s) am i expected to go along with? Do I need to filll any downloaded form for my medicals? How many passport foto willl be ok for both medical and police report? Thanks as i await your swift and accurate response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
baba ajala: hello house pls does a new immigrant in u.s
need to stay in u.s for at least 1year before
he can qualify to apply to a school and
qualify for federal grant?

i need ur urgent ansa
I don't think so. But let other members contribute
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2013

i say a big Amen my brother!!! May God perfect for us what He has started and cause our joys to be full IJN - Amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ItyRoyal(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
ukemeglitter: @ ItyRoyal:
Now you're talking.

@ukemeglitter: grin ....... I love your faith my dear, i stand with you in faith.....we shall all sing our victory song soon IJN - Amen
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 3:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Doublegold: Gud afternoon my e-family. Pls, when going for medicals and Police report, what document(s) am i expected to go along with? Do I need to filll any downloaded form for my medicals? How many passport foto willl be ok for both medical and police report? Thanks as i await your swift and accurate response.
You do not need to fill any download form,they will give you form to fill.
2 passport foto for medical while
1 passport foto for police report.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by G2Glory(m): 3:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
apex555:

Thank you so mush 4 ur response the mistake is only on my WEAC,my neco have no mistake.i have send my form since June.bt I am nt ok with my 3rd question In my WEAC I have just only B3 and in my neco I have 4 credit including English and Maths I also have ND result are mine good 2 go?

Pls read the requirement "Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility

The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience, under provisions of United States (U.S.) law. This was explained in the DV Instructions for your eDV entry.

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S. " www.travel.state.gov"

Please pardon my ignorance if i am wrong- what was the WAEC/NECO requirements for admission leading to your National Diploma? If the four credits are enough why not do away with the WAEC result & present only the NECO result.

Others please contribute.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
G2Glory:

HOLDEN AT IKEJA
SWORN AFFIDAVIT

Of ………….2013

BEFORE ME

COMMISSIONER FOR OATH

dis is a very handy piece,as if u knew the issue I was battling with on my system in the office,dis came in pretty handy cos I was about posting this as an issue for me as am the principal applicant nd I dnt want any issue.Tanx so much.
Pls can 1 have NPC done when 1 is current or better to have it done now?

Cheers!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Madu77: Please house I went to NPC office at Moscow road PH for my attestation of birth and they did not ask me for affidavit from court. I gave them my data plus my wife own but was asked to go and get passport copy of any of our living parents. I hope the absence of the affidavit is not a problem or raise a case later?

I did mine there too and everything is handled by them including the affidavit and is part of what you pay for. you could just ask them again when you return with the passport so that your mind will be at peace.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hammerh(f): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2013

Amen!!!!!!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lilzeez4luv: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Pls my ppl, can anyone list out all d tesst dat will b carried out at medical center, wen one goes for medical

and d vaccine to b gvn also.

thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
lilzeez4luv: Pls my ppl, can anyone list out all d tesst dat will b carried out at medical center, wen one goes for medical

and d vaccine to b gvn also.

thanks

I think it is body medical examination required by the US embassy.
Your blood sample will taken for test,though I don't knw the tests but I think its the embassy required. A chest X-ray will be taken. And after that,you will see a doctor for examination who assually determine the number of vaccine you will take. Hope this helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Madu77(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
okeymen:

I did mine there too and everything is handled by them including the affidavit and is part of what you pay for. you could just ask them again when you return with the passport so that your mind will be at peace.
okey, thanks for your information. I will be there on monday to give them passport and take it. When are you going to be current or have you gone for interview? Are you in PH? bye
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
And in addition to what @okeymen said

You don't need to worry about that cos the Attestation of Birth comes along with Affidavit from the court.

When I did mine, I only gave them my personal data, and that's all.

So please don't worry yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.