Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,916 members, 7,810,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? (6587 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 02, 2013
I wonder why a loving God will kill a child for the father's sins. David killed somebody and committed adultery with the person's wife. Instead of God to punish David, he killed David's son.

Can someone explain the logic in this to me? Note that David fasted, prayed and laid on the ground for days for forgiveness, yet God killed his baby.

13 Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.”

Nathan answered, “The Lord has taken away your sin. You will not die. 14 But what you did caused the Lord’s enemies to lose all respect for him. For this reason the son who was born to you will die.”

15 Then Nathan went home. And the Lord caused the son of David and Bathsheba, Uriah’s widow, to be very sick. 16 David prayed to God for the baby. David fasted and went into his house and stayed there, lying on the ground all night. 17 The elders of David’s family came to him and tried to pull him up from the ground, but he refused to get up or to eat food with them.

18 On the seventh day the baby died. David’s servants were afraid to tell him that the baby was dead. They said, “Look, we tried to talk to David while the baby was alive, but he refused to listen to us. If we tell him the baby is dead, he may do something awful.”

19 When David saw his servants whispering, he knew that the baby was dead. So he asked them, “Is the baby dead?”

They answered, “Yes, he is dead.”

20 Then David got up from the floor, washed himself, put lotions on, and changed his clothes. Then he went into the Lord’s house to worship. After that, he went home and asked for something to eat. His servants gave him some food, and he ate.

2 Samuel 12
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 02, 2013
God probably felt that since the baby was a product of some grievous sin,it had to die.So,he killed it to make some kinda atonement.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 8:00pm On May 02, 2013
the baby was shouting "save me from yahweh .......... yehhhhhhh.........i don die ............."

but no one cared

then

yahweh finally got him and killed him

let me run before monster yahweh get to me too oooooo

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ernperookeke: 8:04pm On May 02, 2013
ooman: the baby was shouting "save me from yahweh .......... yehhhhhhh.........i don die ............."

but no one cared

then

[img]http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/afraid/smileys-afraid- 640066.gif[/img]do you know that you a very big[s][/s] fool angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 02, 2013
@op . Why ask questions concerning something you dont give a damn about?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 02, 2013
Segeggs: @op . Why ask questions concerning something you dont give a damn about?

Answer the damn question
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by dlight1(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2013
This is one of those things I also do question about certain bible principles. Why should an innocent soul have to suffer for the sin he knows nothing about and this seem like an injustice while atimes the actual offender may not go through any punishment
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 9:00pm On May 02, 2013
Probably because the baby was illegitimate. You know God works in mysterious ways and his ways are not our ways. Probably Solomon (born through legitimate and consensual f.ucking) was the reincarnation of the first baby.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
Probably because the baby was illegitimate. You know God works in mysterious ways and his ways are not our ways. Probably Solomon (born through legitimate and consensual f.ucking) was the reincarnation of the first baby.

So illegitimate babies should be killed?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 02, 2013
d light: This is one of those things I also do question about certain bible principles. Why should an innocent soul have to suffer for the sin he knows nothing about and this seem like an injustice while atimes the actual offender may not go through any punishment

A good reason not to believe in yahweh
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ninja4life(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2013
U cannot understand d things of d spirit without d holy ghost so go for it to teach u waht u donot understand.k
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 02, 2013
ninja4life: U cannot understand d things of d spirit without d holy ghost so go for it to teach u waht u donot understand.k

lol....you're not serious

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 9:56pm On May 02, 2013
Logicboy03:

So illegitimate babies should be killed?
You see, that's why you need the spirit of the twisting tiger to discern scriptures. The baby wasn't killed, the baby's soul was only transferred to the body of Solomon (remember legitimate f.ucking).
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 10:01pm On May 02, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
You see, that's why you need the spirit of the twisting tiger to discern scriptures. The baby wasn't killed, the baby's soul was only transferred to the body of Solomon (remember legitimate f.ucking).

yahweh dey see you oooo
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 10:48pm On May 02, 2013
ninja4life: U cannot understand d things of d spirit without d holy ghost so go for it to teach u waht u donot understand.k

If you have "d spirit or holy ghost" please teach us.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 10:50pm On May 02, 2013
ooman:

yahweh dey see you oooo
Abeg no invoke that name for here ooo. Na play i dey play oo
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2013
Logicboy03: I wonder why a loving God will kill a child for the father's sins. David killed somebody and committed adultery with the person's wife. Instead of God to punish David, he killed David's son.

Can someone explain the logic in this to me? Note that David fasted, prayed and laid on the ground for days for forgiveness, yet God killed his baby.

2 Samuel 12

Good question: My thoughts are that the death of the child was attributed to their God, Yahweh. If that story is taken literally anyway. BUT, let's take the tsunami some years ago. Some people attributed it to God also. How do they know it was God that caused it? I mean, why would a God kill innocent children right?
I'm just making the comparison that just like Nathan predicted and attributed the death of the child to Yahweh, the same way people attribute the tsunami to God.

I'm assuming you posed the question because there is no point in killing an innocent child for the sins of his parents. I agree with this sentiment.
However, I think the underlying point to your question is that that act in itself it "evil" or "unjustified". Which seems that way to me too.

I know you believe Yahweh is a monster. He/it could very well be if we believe him to be real. He personally admits to causing good and evil (Isaiah 45:7)

I have more but maybe someone can shed more light on this.

Good reasoning still.

Give thanks!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by mumumugu(m): 11:27pm On May 02, 2013
GOD HAD BLESSED. David.david sinned. All sin deserve punishment. God had sworn not to punish david. He decided to punish the son knowing grief wil afect him.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:59pm On May 02, 2013
mumumugu: GOD HAD BLESSED. David.david sinned. All sin deserve punishment. God had sworn not to punish david. He decided to punish the son knowing grief wil afect him.

Did David hate God then? Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."

Or

Ezekiel 18:20 "The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

Yet, earlier in Genesis God allowed the first son of Judah, Er to be born. Once he was wicked in God site then God killed him.

With this in mind, what's your take on these two verses?

Just reasoning...

Give thanks!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Paulscholari(m): 12:00am On May 03, 2013
ooman: the baby was shouting "save me from yahweh .......... yehhhhhhh.........i don die ............."

but no one cared

then

hahahaha,....guy you are crazy...dont worry yahweh will soon get you and roast you...its just a matter of time before you become a "tasty beef sauce" for the demons in hell..hahahaha
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:43am On May 03, 2013
He want to drink blood
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Again with questions you don't want answers to, Lb smiley

Yahweh, can't live with Him, can't live without Him, eh, Lb? cheesy

Anyway, I think you are the first person to consider the death of a person's child to not be useable as punishment for the person, my friend.

For all we know, when the kid opened its eyes on the other side of the divide, it was glad it didn't have to wait to get to heaven, maybe smiley

And that is while David is enduring heartbreak for the loss of his child. But, being a young man still wet behind the ears and knowing nothing about loving another human being with every bit of your being, you could never appreciate the pain a father suffers for losing his child through his own carelessness or stupidity, could you, Lb?

smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 03, 2013
Ihedinobi: Again with questions you don't want answers to, Lb smiley

Yahweh, can't live with Him, can't live without Him, eh, Lb? cheesy

Anyway, I think you are the first person to consider the death of a person's child to not be useable as punishment for the person, my friend.

For all we know, when the kid opened its eyes on the other side of the divide, it was glad it didn't have to wait to get to heaven, maybe smiley

And that is while David is enduring heartbreak for the loss of his child. But, being a young man still wet behind the ears and knowing nothing about loving another human being with every bit of your being, you could never appreciate the pain a father suffers for losing his child through his own carelessness or stupidity, could you, Lb?

smiley

smh.

Ihedinobi; For all we know, when the kid opened its eyes on the other side of the divide, it was glad it didn't have to wait to get to heaven, maybe smiley

1) The child didnt just die.....it suffered in sickness for 7 days.

Ihedinobi; But, being a young man still wet behind the ears and knowing nothing about loving another human being with every bit of your being, you could never appreciate the pain a father suffers for losing his child through his own carelessness or stupidity, could you, Lb?

2) So, a childless man doesnt know unconditional love? You assume that I do not take care of my neices and nephews or even my old parents. Arrogance.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

smh.

Ihedinobi; For all we know, when the kid opened its eyes on the other side of the divide, it was glad it didn't have to wait to get to heaven, maybe smiley

1) The child didnt just die.....it suffered in sickness for 7 days.

And it couldn't have been punishment for David to see that it was his fault that the kid was in pain for that long, eh?

Hypothetical alert! But, as always, you're free to ignore. smiley

Ihedinobi; But, being a young man still wet behind the ears and knowing nothing about loving another human being with every bit of your being, you could never appreciate the pain a father suffers for losing his child through his own carelessness or stupidity, could you, Lb?

2) So, a childless man doesnt know unconditional love? You assume that I do not take care of my neices and nephews or even my old parents. Arrogance.

Lol. There he goes again generalizing. Lb, I was refering specifically to you, not to all childless young men. You know zip about love, my friend. If you did, you would not have asked such a patently stupid question as the op.

There are childless young men who even without the experience of fatherhood can conceptualize a father's pain that he lost a child and how particularly bad such pain can be if the father thinks or knows it was his fault.

But, you, my friend, are too dense to comprehend that ordinarily.

smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 03, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And it couldn't have been punishment for David to see that it was his fault that the kid was in pain for that long, eh?

Hypothetical alert! But, as always, you're free to ignore. smiley

Lol. There he goes again generalizing. Lb, I was refering specifically to you, not to all childless young men. You know zip about love, my friend. If you did, you would not have asked such a patently stupid question as the op.

There are childless young men who even without the experience of fatherhood can conceptualize a father's pain that he lost a child and how particularly bad such pain can be if the father thinks or knows it was his fault.

But, you, my friend, are too dense to comprehend that ordinarily.

smiley

I will leave you to your silliness. The insult you gave me is quite painful. Telling me that I do not know what love is. I dont wish that insult on you.

When I remember how I care for others in my family for no reward other than I want them to live and spread the same care that I have given them.......I just laugh at your assumptions about me.

I'll leave you to your high horse. Keep judging and assuming things.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

=========

Edit;

If I had a child and God told me that he will punish the child for my sins, I would beg God to punish me instead. Why should my child suffer? Any reasonable judge will punish the offender and not the innocent offsping of the offender. If after seven days of fasting and rolling on the floor so that my child doesnt die but the child still dies after suffering for 7 days, I will personally curse that God for he is wicked
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 03, 2013
Logicboy03:

I will leave you to your silliness. The insult you gave me is quite painful. Telling me that I do not know what love is. I dont wish that insult on you.

When I remember how I care for others in my family for no reward other than I want them to live and spread the same care that I have given them.......I just laugh at your assumptions about me.

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

=========

Edit;

If I had a child and God told me that he will punish the child for my sins, I would beg God to punish me instead. Why should my child suffer? Any reasonable judge will punish the offender and not the innocent offsping of the offender. If after seven days of fasting and rolling on the floor so that my child doesnt die but the child still dies after suffering for 7 days, I will personally curse that God for he is wicked

I'm glad that for once I've got through to you, Lb. Your eyes will yet see the King seated upon His Throne, high and exalted above the worship of the people of the earth. You will yet know that all you have that you call good and the love you claim to know are as clouds and darkness compared to that which is really good and Him Who is truly Love.

Of course you would curse God, my friend. There are few things that hurt as much as losing one's child. But the wise man is the one who can differentiate between his responsibility and God's.

David was wise. He prayed exactly what you say you would pray under the same circumstances, but he got up off the floor and cleaned himself up and worshipped the God Who was wiser than himself when the sentence was executed. He acknowledged both that God is Sovereign and that it was his own failure that brought his trouble to him. In that, David is wiser than you.

It was for his unwavering confidence in the Lord God that God bound Himself to him with mind-boggling promises, Lb. One day, you will find the same confidence.

smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 03, 2013
The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie...

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 03, 2013
Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, musKeeto, my Father in heaven has.

grin
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 03, 2013
musKeeto: The most confused we ever get is when we try to convince our heads of something our hearts know is a lie...

How true
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by mumumugu(m): 3:02pm On May 03, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

=========

YOU ARE RANTING BECAUSE YOU WERE ACCUSED OF NOT KNOWING WHAT LOVE IS.. Now imagine how God must be feeling for all your provoking utterance.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 03, 2013
You mean can someone explain why God took back Davids son from him to heaven to enjoy life? There is no death. Only the next level.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by MistadeRegal(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2013
Does GOD think and see as man? Or is the Way of the ALMIGHTY same as your ways? If you want to know, why don't you ascend on high and mount yourself as the MOST HIGH GOD in riding upon the Heavens and sitting upon the Mount of Congregation in the sides of the North and ask HIS MAJESTY directly "Why did you kill David's son?"
Have you forgotten that GOD is not questionable?
Have you not read that every idle words you say, you will make account of on Judgment Day?
Why then should you let the devil lend you to speak against the Heavens that he(devil) might report you to GOD for your malspeeches!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing / Falling Under The Anointing / Thoughts, Gross Matter, Ethereal Matter, And Etc. For Deepsight And Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.