Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? (6591 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

JOB?? God forbid!!!! shocked shocked shocked

You want me to end up like Job with replacement family? God killed Jobs children just to test him and then later, he sent replacement children as if children are mass produced machines that could just be replaced just like that.

Yahweh na wicked God ooo shocked shocked
lol..no be u dey ask question...oya ask na, ask d person wey u suppose ask na, mak He answer u sharperly...however dont just think HE his wicked,or terrible has u might have conceive Him in your heart to be, HE is just telling us that "there are two sides to a coin".....As terrible has HE can be as loving and caring HE can also be..
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: lol..no be u dey ask question...oya ask na, ask d person wey u suppose ask na, mak He answer u sharperly...however dont just think HE his wicked,or terrible has u might have conceive Him in your heart to be, HE is just telling us that "there are two sides to a coin".....As terrible has HE can be as loving and caring HE can also be..

lol.....YAWEH is wicked.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 10:49pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

i'd rather start talking to a stone than to your god
No quams its a free world, just go ahead...infact HE has helped you by creating many stones, rocks and hills, so that you can talk to them and worship them, just go ahead and enjoy ursef..lol
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: No quams its a free world, just go ahead...infact HE has helped you by creating many stones, rocks and hills, so that you can talk to them and worship them, just go ahead and enjoy ursef..lol

god didnt create anything man created god
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 10:57pm On May 04, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol.....YAWEH is wicked.
wicked? Wicked is a simple language...HE is not wicked....you can say that the devil or humans are wicked but YAHWEH is TERRIBLE in Jugdement, but GREAT in Grace and Mercy...pray not to fall into His hand. Lata pls.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2013
ooman:

god didnt create anything man created god
are u not a man? Then create a god so that we can come and worship
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 11:00pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: wicked? Wicked is a simple language...HE is not wicked....you can say that the devil or humans are wicked but YAHWEH is TERRIBLE in Jugdement, but GREAT in Grace and Mercy...pray not to fall into His hand. Lata pls.

and cruel, gruesome in ways. irksome too
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 11:01pm On May 04, 2013
Debeloved87: are u not a man? Then create a god so that we can come and worship

i already create one, The Flying Pig, ya worship dey go!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 7:51am On May 05, 2013
ooman:

i already create one, The Flying Pig, ya worship dey go!
haha..no prob...keep on worshipping your flying pig oo.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 8:44am On May 05, 2013
Can any Christian answer this? (Numbers 14:1-35)
And also can you explain God's actions from verse 12 - 23.
Summary
* Israelites rebel
* God comes down and decides to kill them all save Moses (he plans to start a new race/nation with Moses)
* Moses calms him down and tells him to consider what the Egyptians would say
* He calms down and decides not to kill them but promises that those who witnessed his miraculous signs in Egypt would die and not get any place in the promised land
* finally, he punishes the children for the "sins" of their fathers (if you consider grumbling to be a sin)
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by rodeo0070(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2013
***Just thinking loud***
Wait o! What about those destroyed in the days of Noah? Don't they have kids too? I mean Babies. Are the kids and Babies sinful too? Or were they simply taken also by their parents sin?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 10:10am On May 05, 2013
rodeo0070: ***Just thinking loud***
Wait o! What about those destroyed in the days of Noah? Don't they have kids too? I mean Babies. Are the kids and Babies sinful too? Or are they simply taken also by their parents sin?

Great question
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 11:25am On May 05, 2013
rodeo0070: ***Just thinking loud***
Wait o! What about those destroyed in the days of Noah? Don't they have kids too? I mean Babies. Are the kids and Babies sinful too? Or are they simply taken also by their parents sin?
Also, when God was about to destroy Sodom & Gomorrah, he never thought about the innocent babies (they were destroyed for the sins of their fathers).
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 1:41pm On May 05, 2013
Well all this questions above, still bores down to the fact that no one can query God...He does at will... And thats why we calls him KABIYESI i.e ka-bi-or-o-si meaning no one can question you, just like the kings of the olden days like pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar,no king on earth then can query them for their actions except YAHWEH Himself,who did and almost brought them down to utter ruin, and so who can question Him...About the kids and babies, this i know that those ones that havent know their right from their left and died or killed goes back to YAHWEH who created them..
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 05, 2013
Debeloved87: Well all this questions above, still bores down to the fact that no one can query God...He does at will... And thats why we calls him KABIYESI i.e ka-bi-or-o-si meaning no one can question you, just like the kings of the olden days like pharaoh, Nebuchadnezzar,no king on earth then can query them for their actions except YAHWEH Himself,who did and almost brought them down to utter ruin, and so who can question Him...About the kids and babies, this i know that those ones that havent know their right from their left and died or killed goes back to YAHWEH who created them..

Typical slave.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 5:58pm On May 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Typical slave.
well, no offence. Am not here to convince you, rather am here to confuse you the more..you can keep it rolling
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 7:16pm On May 05, 2013
Thank You for saving me, thank You my Lord.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 05, 2013
^^^^
The Slave song...
grin grin grin
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 05, 2013
Debeloved87: well, no offence. Am not here to convince you, rather am here to confuse you the more..you can keep it rolling

Yawn
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 9:28pm On May 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 9:29pm On May 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn
A Great man face his challenges,rather than Yawn like a miserable coward.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2013
Image123: Thank You for saving me, thank You my Lord.
*grabs the microphone*
This kind God oo, i neva see ur type oo, this kind God oo, na to dey punish small children na im u sabi!! This kind God oo
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 10:23pm On May 05, 2013
Well I've not commented on nairaland for a long time now, but I guess I've 2 start. For all of you atheists who create so many threads asking questions u're not interested in the answer but rather to castigate and discredit God and more importantly to find reassurance for ur troubled souls and trying very hard 2 convince urself u made the right decision! continue but I can assure you you'll not get the closure u seek becos that the way God created Man.

As for ur many questions I have answers to them but would rather not respond on your own terms or thread becos you created it for a purpose, but if other occasions arises I'll be glad to give you the answers you seek. Shalom
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 1:51am On May 06, 2013
noblefada: Well I've not commented on nairaland for a long time now, but I guess I've 2 start. For all of you atheists who create so many threads asking questions u're not interested in the answer but rather to castigate and discredit God and more importantly to find reassurance for ur troubled souls and trying very hard 2 convince urself u made the right decision! continue but I can assure you you'll not get the closure u seek becos that the way God created Man.

As for ur many questions I have answers to them but would rather not respond on your own terms or thread becos you created it for a purpose, but if other occasions arises I'll be glad to give you the answers you seek. Shalom

A whole comment full of nothing. No answerss, nothing....
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 6:34am On May 06, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^^
The Slave song...
grin grin grin
sang to revive the dead like u and ur cohorts
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by samally: 6:38am On May 06, 2013
Hahahahahha.....it seems you don't read bible very well...before the people of isreal started worshiping idols, the God promise is different to them after worshiping idol...Ask yourself once again the following questions

Why did God took moses to mountain and told him that he will never see the promise land...just because he struck the rock with annoyed.

Why didn't he spare the city of sodom and gomarah...or did you think the sin they committed is more than the one presently committed in the world now?

Is because the law was giving through moses but the grace and truth through jesus our savior...

Please, if you don't know anything or just read a verse in the bible and started asking silly question then I pity your soul. Because this are the words devil will use to counter you in the day of jurge.....

From_Guiriga: Was there justice for the child? I think this is the underlying question logicboy is trying to get at?
So far what I see is justification for Yahweh's action. But no rational answers (in my opinion).
Punish David by killing his son so David can suffer...come on. Makes sense from the suffering point of view but from a justice point of view, I'm not convinced.

Did David hate God then?

Exodus 20:5 "You must not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the fathers' sin, to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,..."
Or
Ezekiel 18:20 "The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

Yet, earlier in Genesis God allowed the first son of Judah, Er to be born. Once he was wicked in God site then God killed him.
What sin David's son could have possibly committed in SEVEN days that he deserved death?!

If the killing of the child was for the greater good (if one wants to take this as literal anyway) because "we don't know Yahweh's ways" then let's conclude there is no such thing as evil. As what we consider evil is the goodness of Yahweh.

Yahweh creates good and evil according to him. Not only that, we are just like him/them (the Gods) in knowing good and evil. So if a man wants to call this an evil act, what is the problem?

Give thanks for the reasoning!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 6:55am On May 06, 2013
Debeloved87: sang to revive the dead like u and ur cohorts
How can brain-dead people revive anyone?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 7:08am On May 06, 2013
musKeeto:
How can brain-dead people revive anyone?
the answers you seek, you will not find, the ones you get shall get you more confuse...these is the question you should be asking ursef "how can the dead revive anyone with philosophy"
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:08am On May 06, 2013
samally:
Hahahahahha.....it seems you don't read bible very well...before the people of isreal started worshiping idols, the God promise is different to them after worshiping idol...Ask yourself once again the following questions

Why did God took moses to mountain and told him that he will never see the promise land...just because he struck the rock with annoyed.

Why didn't he spare the city of sodom and gomarah...or did you think the sin they committed is more than the one presently committed in the world now?

Is because the law was giving through moses but the grace and truth through jesus our savior...

Please, if you don't know anything or just read a verse in the bible and started asking silly question then I pity your soul. Because this are the words devil will use to counter you in the day of jurge.....

What's this one saying?

You know so much about some JEWISH super heroes, yet I'm quite sure you know little to nothing about the history of your own people...

JEWISH SLAVES...
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:10am On May 06, 2013
Debeloved87: the answers you find, you will not get, the ones you get shall get you more confuse...these is the question you should be asking ursef "how can the dead revive anyone with philosophy"

Like they say, I'd rather be dead than HOLYSPIRIT LED and BRAIN DEAD like you and your cohorts...

I have a dog in need of a brain transplant. He could use yours..
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Debeloved87(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2013
musKeeto:

Like they say, I'd rather be dead than HOLYSPIRIT LED and BRAIN DEAD like you and your cohorts...

I have a dog in need of a brain transplant. He could use yours..
"like they say"....it shows u are not man enough to say ursef,....and dont even bother to be dead cos u are already dead, u just havent discover that. And for your dog u can pls do that dog a great favour by giving him ur retarded brain cos i can perceive its life presently worth more than yours.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 7:23am On May 06, 2013
Debeloved87: "like they say"....it shows u are not man enough to say ursef,....and dont even bother to be dead cos u are already dead, u just havent discover that. And for your dog u can pls do that dog a great favour by giving him ur retarded brain cos i can perceive its life presently worth more than yours.

Aren't you the one who's supposed to be dead to the world? Aren't you the guys who aren't supposed to use reason or things of this world, the walk by faith crowd?

My dog would make better use of your brain. Please let go....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Repairing The Altar Of God In Your Life / Please I Am Confused About The Time Of Rapture According To The Bible... / God Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.