Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? (6593 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 12:29pm On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks:
To deny someone the right to destroy his own creation is unjust don't you think?

Not necessarily. If the destruction will cause harm to the creation and the people around it then no. There are rights attached to things like that. We are not just a computer program that can be removed. If we are then God could resolve the problem without killing anybody. There are other ways to punish him without harming others. It wasnt just his son also, a lot of others suffered too. The ark of covenant couldnt be brought into the city and there was famine and disease.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 12:34pm On May 11, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Not necessarily. If the destruction will cause harm to the creation and the people around it then no. There are rights attached to things like that. We are not just a computer program that can be removed. If we are then God could resolve the problem without killing anybody. There are other ways to punish him without harming others. It wasnt just his son also, a lot of others suffered too. The ark of covenant couldnt be brought into the city and there was famine and disease.
So god gives life to a person, god sustains life in the person all by his own independent decision. Suddenly when god wants to stop sustaining the life, he can't why?

I am still waiting for your logic but all I hear are your emotional sentiments.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 12:35pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
I don't

hell is therefore certain for you for this denial.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 12:38pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
So god gives life to a person, god sustains life in the person all by his own independent decision. Suddenly when god wants to stop sustaining the life, he can't why?

how such criminal act seem normal and logical to you still beat me.

so every father has the right to kill their baby simply because they are their father right.

and its not yahweh who gives life, Its the Flying Pig, the maker of the universe.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 12:42pm On May 11, 2013
ooman:

hell is therefore certain for you for this denial.
what is hell?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 12:45pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
what is hell?

your final destination
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Kay17: 12:47pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:

From my understanding of your post, you are dangerously promoting an unethical use of Power. Power being Control, de facto authority, will to do and undo. The fact that God has the power to destroy us, does not constitute a moral right to do so.

For example abortion. A mother IS the facility in which a child grows, likewise the mother has the on and off switches. It is within her power and beyond the child's power to abort the child. Yet, despite the child being helpless, it has a moral privilege to live.

God can destroy us, it doesn't mean he is morally free to do so.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 12:48pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:

There is a responsibility and a duty to the life brought into existence. It must not be terminated without due cause.

What about the damage done to others as a response to Davids iniquity and murder? Why must so many people be directly and indirectly punished for this? Is that just?

If you believe so. That because God is a creator then He can destroy His creation at a whim then there is a second question... is it the best way to punish David? God has the means to do and undo.... some even claim He lives outside of time shocked. Why must anyone suffer for acts He can reverse?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 12:51pm On May 11, 2013

There is a responsibility and a duty to the life brought into existence. It must not be terminated without due cause.
Why?

What about the damage done to others as a response to Davids iniquity and murder? Why must so many people be directly and indirectly punished for this? Is that just?
god created them too and he can treat them as he wishes

If you believe so. That because God is a creator then He can destroy His creation at a whim then there is a second question... is it the best way to punish David? God has the means to do and undo.... some even claim He lives outside of time shocked. Why must anyone suffer for acts He can reverse?
What is you business how god chooses to destroy his property? What makes you entitled to the role of adviser on best destruction practices?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 1:12pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks: Why?

god created them too and he can treat them as he wishes

What is you business how god chooses to destroy his property? What makes you entitled to the role of adviser on best destruction practices?

Ok. I get the message. God can do as He wishes. We have no right to judge Him. He can slaughter wholesale and kill and commit genocide without a second thought and we have no right to question Him. However, when He is referred to as just, meek, merciful, loving and we are to take inspiration from God and be guided by Him too then these violent and genocidal traits must be brought to the open.

I have every right to challenge the conception of the nature of this god because I share a planet with His believers and will be affected by their decisions. Decisions made out of their respect and love for such a deity.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 1:26pm On May 11, 2013

Ok. I get the message. God can do as He wishes. We have no right to judge Him. He can slaughter wholesale and kill and commit genocide without a second thought and we have no right to question Him. However, when He is referred to as just, meek, merciful, loving and we are to take inspiration from God and be guided by Him too then these violent and genocidal traits must be brought to the open.

I have every right to challenge the conception of the nature of this god because I share a planet with His believers and will be affected by their decisions. Decisions made out of their respect and love for such a deity.
Don't be silly, destroying your own property is not genocide
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 1:32pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:

Lol. I get it smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 1:34pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:

just like killing your own baby is not infanticide

oya, make all fathers in your village dey kill their baby.

dumb iddiot.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 1:39pm On May 11, 2013
ooman:

just like killing your own baby is not infanticide

oya, make all fathers in your village dey kill their baby.

dumb iddiot.
Idiot, better go and pray to your pigs or they will take turns to sodomize your baby
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 1:42pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
Idiot, better go and pray to your pigs or they will take turns to sodomize your baby

you have forgotten that your baby is first in line. they will perform sodomy, felatio etc on yours before they get to mine, and by then I would have disappeared with my baby.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by manmustwank: 1:55pm On May 11, 2013
ooman:

you have forgotten that your baby is first in line. they will perform sodomy, felatio etc on yours before they get to mine, and by then I would have disappeared with my baby.
I don't worship the flying pig, you do. Now be a good peice of pig excreta and submit your baby for pigfucking. Remember Flying pig is free to do whatever he likes with his feaces
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 1:58pm On May 11, 2013
manmustwank:
I don't worship the flying pig, you do. Now be a good peice of pig excreta and submit your baby for pigfucking. Remember Flying pig is free to do whatever he likes with his feaces

gay sex-hungry iddiot.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by manmustwank: 2:05pm On May 11, 2013
ooman:

gay sex-hungry iddiot.
hehehehehe. . . . .have you met my football team?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks:
To deny someone the right to destroy his own creation is unjust don't you think?

It depends. If the creator has set rules and regulations of destruction.
Then he cannot by definition break his own laws and then enforce them on his creations. That means that one day we can out think the so called creator.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:59pm On May 11, 2013

I'm with you on that.
Give thanks. It's the teaching you know!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by CassavaStick1: 4:07pm On May 11, 2013
From_Guiriga:

It depends. If the creator has set rules and regulations of destruction.
Then he cannot by definition break his own laws and then enforce them on his creations.
Are you really about to suggest that you cannot change your mind over how you want to treat your property?

That means that one day we can out think the so called creator.
Are you seriously inserting yourself into the fairytale? Anyway, don't worry, you won't live that long
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 4:27pm On May 11, 2013
Cassava-Stick:

Are you really about to suggest that you cannot change your mind over how you want to treat your property?

Are you seriously inserting yourself into the fairytale? Anyway, don't worry, you won't live that long

It's a fairytale to you. It could very well be. There are people who base their lives on this and this might effect you.
If someone comes to my village and kills all my family because of this fairytale. Then the fairytale just became real to me. My family is dead for real. You are arguing from a "fairytale" perspective. I'm arguing what is the lesson of the fairytale if any?
You have not address that yet.

You can wax philosophical all you want. Like the Engineer in my last job use to say. "Everything works on paper."

I'm not inserting myself in the fairytale. This is the reason why I'm not arguing from that side. It's pointless. I'm arguing the understanding of the fairytale.

Give me an example of "my property".

Give thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by CassavaStick1: 4:35pm On May 11, 2013
From_Guiriga:

It's a fairytale to you. It could very well be. There are people who base their lives on this and this might effect you.
If someone comes to my village and kills all my family because of this fairytale. Then the fairytale just became real to me. My family is dead for real. You are arguing from a "fairytale" perspective. I'm arguing what is the lesson of the fairytale if any?
You have not address that yet. You can wax philosophical all you want. Like the Engineer in my last job use to say. "Everything works on paper."

I'm not inserting myself in the fairytale. This is the reason why I'm not arguing from that side. It's pointless. I'm arguing the understanding of the fairytale.

Give me an example of "my property".

Give thanks.
Stop being silly, How many people have gone and killed villages because god killed david's son?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 4:37pm On May 11, 2013
Cassava-Stick:

Stop being silly, How many people have gone and killed villages because god killed david's son?

Nah bro. Ask yourself how many people have killed people because God told them?
Give thanks.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by CassavaStick1: 4:41pm On May 11, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Nah bro. Ask yourself how many people have killed people because God told them?
Give thanks.
God or not, men will always find an excuse to kill other men. The rule of the world is survive or die. There are no exceptions to that rule.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 4:46pm On May 11, 2013
Cassava-Stick:

God or not, men will always find an excuse to kill other men. The rule of the world is survive or die. There are no exceptions to that rule.

I get you. I will not lie. I wish I could be surviving better thou. grin
Give thanks for the reasoning still!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by CassavaStick1: 5:01pm On May 11, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I get you. I will not lie. I wish I could be surviving better thou. grin
Give thanks for the reasoning still!

Your survival is entirely your responsibility, no one else owes you jackshit
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 5:14pm On May 11, 2013
Cassava-Stick:

Your survival is entirely your responsibility, no one else owes you jackshit

You are right. I understand.
Give thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One / Awesome Free E- Books Available / Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.