Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? (6594 Views)

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! / Jesus Wept - John 11: 35. Who Can Explain Why? / 10 Reasons Why God Doesn't Exist Today, Tomorrow And 4ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 6:50pm On May 06, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
@wordychap, why do you guys like lying? Your bible says "the Lord struck the child that Uriah's wife had borne to David and he became ill."
and it later goes on to say
"On the seventh day, the child died"
it never said anything about allowing the devil to run rings around the boy.

The Bible is a spiritual book that's why its takes the Spirit of God to understand it.

Another hint, the Bible was written by progressive revelations so men wrote has they were inspired and based on their understanding. So the Bible is not a literal work, it takes Christ to unlock the scriptures because Christ Jesus is the explanation of All Things!
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 9:56pm On May 06, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
A savior? What other savior exists apart from the great santa?
And the devil can't scam me, he is my servant.
Yours is more critical than earlier diagnosed. When last did you send the devil on errand? i might need a favor actually.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2013
cassava stick:
Simple answer: because both David and his son are God's creation and God has every right to treat his property as he pleases.

Ahh, OK. I'll keep that in mind.
Are you God's creation as well?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2013
noblefada: I
First pls quote me correctly, I said fully understand because you don't need a full knowledge to be saved you just need only to believe in Christ Jesus! full knowledge is for you to be established in the truth you now believe Ephe 4: 10 downward.

Now to your question, I wnt to give u guyz an hint. It was not God that killed David's son.

Alright, my apology. I'll quote you correctly next time.
The sickness of the child is attributed to Yahweh according to the writer of 2nd Samuel:

12:15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.

What's going on here?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 11:32pm On May 06, 2013
cassava stick:
And so what?

Huge implications in my humble opinion. If someone kills me for sports then why should that person be punished? I'm God's creation, so is the killer. God is simply doing with the killer and the killed (his creations) as he pleases no?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 12:04am On May 07, 2013
Image123:
Yours is more critical than earlier diagnosed. When last did you send the devil on errand? i might need a favor actually.
You didn't comprehend my post. He is my servant not my errand-boy, that post is for jesus. So where do you want me to send him?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Image123(m): 12:13am On May 07, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
You didn't comprehend my post. He is my servant not my errand-boy, that post is for jesus. So where do you want me to send him?
i ordain you as a jester.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Danyell(m): 12:27am On May 07, 2013
Image123:
i ordain you as a jester.
*collects award*
*clears throat*
All thanks be to the mighty Obatala for moulding me and to Oludumare for giving me breath, may their names be praised. I dedicate this award to my 2 girlfriends, ogbanje and mammywater. You girls have been a source of inspiration to me, also, I will like to thank professor serpent, my mentor for making eve eat the fruit and thanks to all my enemies, God pass una.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 7:15pm On May 07, 2013
From_Guiriga:

The sickness of the child is attributed to Yahweh according to the writer of 2nd Samuel:

12:15 And Nathan departed unto his house. And the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife bare unto David, and it was very sick.

What's going on here?

That's why I said earlier it takes the Spirit of God to fully understand this and again the mistake many make is to take the bible literary! Listen for those who care the bible is not and will never be a literal book.

I wish I could explain further but you may not truly comprehend. I perceive you were once a xtian or have bin involved with the faith? because of lack of indept teaching of God's Word many cannot fully understand God.

I give you a comparison, if you read the book of exodus you will think it was God Moses went to meet on the mount and it was God that gave him the laws, but in actual truth it was an Angel and not God.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Kay17: 10:39pm On May 07, 2013
^^
When the scriptures appear to cause injustice or absurd, it must not be taken literally. What happens to miracles in that case?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:10am On May 08, 2013
noblefada:

That's why I said earlier it takes the Spirit of God to fully understand this and again the mistake many make is to take the bible literary! Listen for those who care the bible is not and will never be a literal book.

I wish I could explain further but you may not truly comprehend. I perceive you were once a xtian or have bin involved with the faith? because of lack of indept teaching of God's Word many cannot fully understand God.

I give you a comparison, if you read the book of exodus you will think it was God Moses went to meet on the mount and it was God that gave him the laws, but in actual truth it was an Angel and not God.

Understood. If you have the "spirit of God" then enlightened us here. I have time. Give us your understanding. So we can hold that up to scrutiny. You are right, I was born in a Christian country and culturally that makes me a Christian as far as culture is concern.

I'm a bit confused, you take the position that the bible is not to be taken literal then say it was an angel that gave Moses the laws.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 1:17pm On May 08, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Understood. If you have the "spirit of God" then enlightened us here. I have time. Give us your understanding. So we can hold that up to scrutiny. You are right, I was born in a Christian country and culturally that makes me a Christian as far as culture is concern.

I'm a bit confused, you take the position that the bible is not to be taken literal then say it was an angel that gave Moses the laws.

Ok because you've shown interest, I'll try but let me remind you dat you may not fully comprehend.

First of all every believer has the spirit of God, but also with the Spirit the believer is told to study and show himself approved 2 Tim 2:5. So the issue with most xtians is that they don't study enough! That's why I'll rather spend time teaching xtians.

You see the folks of the old testament (OT) did not have the in-filling of the Holy Spirit and so could not fully comprehend what was shown to them so they added their human knowledge. Yes those miracles in OT happened and it still happening. The bible is a story about one person and one person alone, Christ Jesus. So from genesis God started talking about Jesus howbeit in types and shadows Heb 10:1, and thru visions and types for them to understand but not the whole truth Heb 1:1. So what those people saw and how they interpreted them were not truly representative of what they saw but a kind of shadow not the main thing, I hope you understanding me. Christ is the explanation of all things and this explanation is in the epistles (and there is a reason for this).

Let me ask you something in the garden of Eden we heard it was said that it was the serpent that deceived eve right? but in actual fact it was the devil. (types & shadows).

Yes it was an Angel that gave the law Gal 3:19; Heb 2:2. Let me give you a super hint (even many xtians are not aware of this). The devil is only mention 4 times in the whole OT and satan was not mentioned until the book of Job, so the people of earlier times did not know or have an idea who satan was.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 1:33pm On May 08, 2013
Let me say this again, the bible is about one person only: Christ Jesus. You should look at the entire bible has jigsaw puzzle of Jesus and the people of the OT only had different pieces of the puzzle. You see this will not make much sense looking at individual piece or few of them until you're able to piece all of them together and then look at whole picture.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Kay17: 5:29pm On May 08, 2013
^^
Importing ideas, the writers of the OT never intended.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 8:04pm On May 08, 2013
noblefada:

Ok because you've shown interest, I'll try but let me remind you dat you may not fully comprehend.

First of all every believer has the spirit of God, but also with the Spirit the believer is told to study and show himself approved 2 Tim 2:5. So the issue with most xtians is that they don't study enough! That's why I'll rather spend time teaching xtians.

You see the folks of the old testament (OT) did not have the in-filling of the Holy Spirit and so could not fully comprehend what was shown to them so they added their human knowledge. Yes those miracles in OT happened and it still happening. The bible is a story about one person and one person alone, Christ Jesus. So from genesis God started talking about Jesus howbeit in types and shadows Heb 10:1, and thru visions and types for them to understand but not the whole truth Heb 1:1. So what those people saw and how they interpreted them were not truly representative of what they saw but a kind of shadow not the main thing, I hope you understanding me. Christ is the explanation of all things and this explanation is in the epistles (and there is a reason for this).

Let me ask you something in the garden of Eden we heard it was said that it was the serpent that deceived eve right? but in actual fact it was the devil. (types & shadows).

Yes it was an Angel that gave the law Gal 3:19; Heb 2:2. Let me give you a super hint (even many xtians are not aware of this). The devil is only mention 4 times in the whole OT and satan was not mentioned until the book of Job, so the people of earlier times did not know or have an idea who satan was.

I follow. I don't think the issue of justice and injustice against the child was addressed but I understand where you are coming from.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Rossikk(m): 10:42am On May 09, 2013
"God" did no such thing. The entity the Jewish bible CLAIMS to be God, did.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 10:57am On May 09, 2013
From_Guiriga:

I follow. I don't think the issue of justice and injustice against the child was addressed but I understand where you are coming from.

Thank you for your time so far and willingness to hear me out. The things of God though may be mysterious yet can be fully explained in the whole of scriptures.

For the injustice you said was done to the child, God was not the one responsible for that! I wish I could explain further but I will stop here because of the earlier mentioned limitations, otherwise I would have proceeded further to explain the diff between the Law & Grace which is much more technical and requires the Spirit for God for complete understanding.

But let give another example. In the book of Job, we're told about a man name Job who was not only very rich but was the most righteous man on earth at that time, but lost all he had. In Job 1:6-12 & 2:1-6, we were clearly told that it was satan that was responsible for His misfortune. But when Job was told of the tragedy, Job responded in Job 1: 20-21, by saying the Lord gave and the Lord has taken blessed be the name of the Lord! But we were clearly told that God was not responsible for is predicament. Just by the way, Job was the first book written in the bible.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 6:47pm On May 09, 2013
noblefada:

Thank you for your time so far and willingness to hear me out. The things of God though may be mysterious yet can be fully explained in the whole of scriptures.

For the injustice you said was done to the child, God was not the one responsible for that! I wish I could explain further but I will stop here because of the earlier mentioned limitations, otherwise I would have proceeded further to explain the diff between the Law & Grace which is much more technical and requires the Spirit for God for complete understanding.

But let give another example. In the book of Job, we're told about a man name Job who was not only very rich but was the most righteous man on earth at that time, but lost all he had. In Job 1:6-12 & 2:1-6, we were clearly told that it was satan that was responsible for His misfortune. But when Job was told of the tragedy, Job responded in Job 1: 20-21, by saying the Lord gave and the Lord has taken blessed be the name of the Lord! But we were clearly told that God was not responsible for is predicament. Just by the way, Job was the first book written in the bible.

Just answer the question... did God ensure the child died as punishment/retribution for David's sin?

Why do you guys like dancing in circles and beating around the bush with simple statements made in the bible? Aaargh angry
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by noblefada: 7:00pm On May 09, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Just answer the question... did God ensure the child died as punishment/retribution for David's sin?

Why do you guys like dancing in circles and beating around the bush with simple statements made in the bible? Aaargh angry
I've answered that question, God was was not responsible for the death of the child, pls read all my previous posts and u see d explanation there.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by AtheistD(m): 7:08pm On May 09, 2013
noblefada:
I've answered that question, God was was not responsible for the death of the child, pls read all my previous posts and u see d explanation there.

ok...

From_Guiriga:

What's going on here?

@ noblefada, the above states otherwise. Your explanations are hogwash. It claims God struck the child with illness. Hence, He was responsible for the death.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 2cassavasticks: 2:14am On May 11, 2013
Funny thread. christians denying the actions of their make-belief god, while atheists kill themselves over the details of the fairytale.

Question: All Smeagol wanted was a ring, Why did Tolkein inflict him with ugliness and kill him?
Answer: Both Smeagol and Lord Of The Rings are creations of J.R. Tolkein. He is free to do with them as he pleases.

Moral of the story: If you write a book, you get to kill any characters you choose. Now all of you should stop being bigoted cunts and do something more productive.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 2:54am On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks: Funny thread. christians denying the actions of their make-belief god, while atheists kill themselves over the details of the fairytale.

Question: All Smeagol wanted was a ring, Why did Tolkein inflict him with ugliness and kill him?
Answer: Both Smeagol and Lord Of The Rings are creations of J.R. Tolkein. He is free to do with them as he pleases.

Moral of the story: If you write a book, you get to kill any characters you choose. Now all of you should stop being bigoted cunts and do something more productive.

Is there a lesson to learn in this make-belief god story? In defense of the atheists, I think they might be reasoning about the implications of the fairytale. What they might be saying is that no one has the right to kill babies, including a God. It's unjust. Period.
You might have dismissed the discussion as nonproductive but the issue here is not the story but the implications of it.
To kill a seven year old baby for something his father did is unjust don't you think?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 2cassavasticks: 3:02am On May 11, 2013
From_Guiriga:

Is there a lesson to learn in this make-belief god story? In defense of the atheists, I think they might be reasoning about the implications of the fairytale. What they might be saying is that no one has the right to kill babies, including a God. It's unjust. Period.
You might have dismissed the discussion as nonproductive but the issue here is not the story but the implications of it.
To kill a seven year old baby for something his father did is unjust don't you think?
To deny someone the right to destroy his own creation is unjust don't you think?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by FromGuiriga(m): 3:07am On May 11, 2013
noblefada:

No problem. Yes, I read the book of Job. It was the adversary (Satan) that caused Job misfortunes with approval from Yahweh no? I mean Job was a "righteous" man was he not? If Job was righteous then Yahweh was wrong for allowing that to happen to Job no? Are we not like Gods knowing good and evil according to God? I don't see that what happended to Job as good.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by Nobody: 8:10am On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks:
To deny someone the right to destroy his own creation is unjust don't you think?

Assuming that God wrote the bible or created us......huge assumption bro.

Cassava Trollington

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 8:30am On May 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Assuming that God wrote the bible or created us......huge assumption bro.

Cassava Trollington
Hey dumbo, why being so stupid? if you deny that god created david and his son, why argue god taking the son's life. this is another example of your idiotic cherrypicking. Selective belief in a fairytale is the height of idiocy.
While the christians choose to believe what they like, you choose to believe what you hate. You are twice as deluded.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 11:50am On May 11, 2013
2cassava sticks:

what a deranged, mentally impaired psychopathic monster of a creator we have. only such iddiot would kill a baby and only dumb, brainless sociopathic madmen would continue to worship such god.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 11:54am On May 11, 2013
ooman:

what a deranged, mentally impaired psychopathic monster of a creator we have. only such iddiot would kill a baby and only dumb, brainless sociopathic madmen would continue to worship such god.
that's just your bad luck. If you don't like it go and create your own baby and keep it alive forever.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
that's just your bad luck. If you don't like it go and create your own baby and keep it alive forever.

criminal minds worship criminal god.
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 11:57am On May 11, 2013
ooman:

criminal minds worship criminal god.
mr man, you are ranting at a fictional character. Isn't that a sight of craze?
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by ooman(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2013
3cassava sticks:
mr man, you are ranting at a fictional character. Isn't that a sight of craze?

a fictional character on which you unbelievably base your life.

smh
Re: Can Someone Explain Why God Killed David's Son For David's Sin? by 3cassavasticks: 12:04pm On May 11, 2013
ooman:

a fictional character on which you unbelievably base your life.

smh
I don't

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Definition Of A Religious Fanatic In Your Own Words And Are You One / Repairing The Altar Of God In Your Life / Complete Biography of Pastor Stephanie Ike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.