Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London (21407 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London / How Many Nigerians Live Outside Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by bellaberry: 10:10am On May 04, 2013
1M Nigerians living in London, 999,980 of which are Igbo men. lol.

Igbo kwenu.

Just kidding oh! grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Ticha: 10:12am On May 04, 2013
I live in a village of about 4000 people in the SW of England. There are only 2 blacks and I am the only Nigerian. Their figures are definitely incorrect!

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:17am On May 04, 2013
Ticha: I live in a village of about 4000 people in the SW of England. There are only 2 blacks and I am the only Nigerian. Their figures are definitely incorrect!

And that's the same way it's almost everywhere outside London and all the big cities black people moved to during the windrush...

I have been to a major town in West midlands(30 mins drive from the bullring) with a population of 100,000 people and I didn't see a single black person there...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by lafuria1(m): 10:19am On May 04, 2013
So how many chineses does london have? 5million? Nigeria, easy scapegoat of lies. Blame the nigeria.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by doctokwus: 10:21am On May 04, 2013
Evn before reading d name of the informant,u cud predict dat this kind of figure cud only come frm a nigerian;we are more used to speculations& exaggerations dan real facts& statistics,it comes frm our background of cooking up figures.Real population of nigerians in d UK will actually b in d range of 200,000-500,000
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by claremont(m): 10:29am On May 04, 2013
Boris Johnson is the Mayor of London.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by niggadee(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2013
lol what about those illegal aliens population
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:34am On May 04, 2013
doctokwus: Evn before reading d name of the informant,u cud predict dat this kind of figure cud only come frm a nigerian;we are more used to speculations& exaggerations dan real facts& statistics,it comes frm our background of cooking up figures.Real population of nigerians in d UK will actually b in d range of 200,000-500,000

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnlD2i_CNJVvIC51See1Scjjlb4eVQBbGQr4SJ3WnRdMAI8Dh1Pw[/img]
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:35am On May 04, 2013
Black folk in London (Official figures, according to 2011 census)

1 Share

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by bakynes(m): 10:35am On May 04, 2013
claremont: Boris Johnson is the Mayor of London.
I dey wonder my self coz I just left London a few weeks ago and Boris Johnson is d mayor of london.The population figure is correct Peckham,Camberwell,Thamesmead,Hackney,South Norwood,Abbeywood.

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:42am On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla: Black folk in London (Official figures, according to 2011 census)

Even putting black people's population in London at 20% of the total population of London(2m) seems to be on the high side, to be honest... So, 1 in 4 people residing in London is black.. grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Osama10(m): 10:47am On May 04, 2013
bakynes: I dey wonder my self coz I just left London a few weeks ago and Boris Johnson is d mayor of london.The population figure is correct Peckham,Camberwell,Thamesmead,Hackney,South Norwood,Abbeywood.
bakynes: I dey wonder my self coz I just left London a few weeks ago and Boris Johnson is d mayor of london.The population figure is correct Peckham,Camberwell,Thamesmead,Hackney,South Norwood,Abbeywood.

what of Plumstead & Lewisham?
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:48am On May 04, 2013
Osama10:

what of Plumstead & Lewisham?

The list is endless

Erith, Slade Green blah blah
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:49am On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Even putting black people's population in London at 20% of the total population of London(2m) seems to be on the high side, to be honest... So, 1 in 4 people residing in London is black.. grin

Flights of fantasy - that one grin
Btw, I see LieuSHAM is giving SouthWOK a run for the money as far as population stats go.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:49am On May 04, 2013

Lmao... So, Nigerians are more than half of the total population of black people in London, no?? grin There are more Jamaicans in London and in the UK than Nigerians...

Anyway, Peckham and Camberwell aren't as black as they used to be... South Americans and Eastern Europeans are taking over... and there's gentrification going on in Brixton atm... White people are moving back to Brixton...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:50am On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Btw, I see LieuSHAM is giving SouthWOK a run for the money as far as population stats go.

grin grin grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:52am On May 04, 2013

You are having a laff.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:52am On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Lmao.... LieuSHAM is AU's foreign office - all Afrikans are well represented in that borough...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Osama10(m): 10:54am On May 04, 2013
adaobi123:

The list is endless

Erith, Slade Green blah blah

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:54am On May 04, 2013

God bless you bro. I don't know about the illegal or legal things, but Nigerians in London are close to a million or over.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:55am On May 04, 2013
Only 98 Black Africans in the city of London proper?
I suppose you know where you are not welcome grin
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 10:56am On May 04, 2013
aasog1:

God bless you bro. I don't know about the illegal or legal things, but Nigerians in London are close to a million or over.

Prove it!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by bookface: 10:58am On May 04, 2013
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by 9icest: 11:06am On May 04, 2013
asha 80: Those nigerians(yoruba peope)you are talking about might not be interested in coming back to their ancestral land hence might not really care what happens in those lands.

Come to Malaysia, they are killing Nigerians everyday, pushing boys off tall buildings, that is what you call laws of diminishing return. By the time you people start contesting the position of prime minister and mayor, them go show una. No place like home.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by ng4am(f): 11:06am On May 04, 2013
I just noticed something in dis article, why the mayor is talking about nigeria, Fashola is busy talking of lagos, dis man only ve interest in lagos and not nigeria for those of u that want to make him ur next president.

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by 9icest: 11:10am On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Prove it!

He doesn't have to, you need to visit to know Niaja don choke that place. Though the asians are the majority.anyways, but naija nor dey carry last!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 11:10am On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla: Only 98 Black Africans in the city of London proper?
I suppose you know where you are not welcome grin

It's easier for a camel to squeeze through the eye of a needle than find black Africans in the city of London... grin

Err... I hardly see black people in all the major shopping centres in London(apart from the Westfield, in Stratford)... I was at Lakeside shopping centre yesterday and I can count the number of black people I saw there on my two hands...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by asha80(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2013
9icest:

Come to Malaysia, they are killing Nigerians everyday, pushing boys off tall buildings, that is what you call laws of diminishing return. By the time you people start contesting the position of prime minister and mayor, them go show una. No place like home.
i do not doubt you guy.i was just trying to say the mentality of the people.

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 11:16am On May 04, 2013
Figure might be correct If illegal immigrants are added.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by 9icest: 11:16am On May 04, 2013
ng4am: I just noticed something in dis article, why the mayor is talking about nigeria, Fashola is busy talking of lagos, dis man only ve interest in lagos and not nigeria for those of u that want to make him ur next president.

Wa-efa! As if he's the president. Even the developed world are wondering y he's the governor and not the presido. The good thing is I'm proud to be from the SW - we lose nothing if the next president of nigerian is an ex-kidnapper from Okija as long as we have good progressive govs who have vision.
Your loss.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by ManOfThePeople(m): 11:24am On May 04, 2013
shymexx: If there are over 1m Nigerians in London; then there should be over 6m Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis/Sri Lankans, over 500,000 Ghanaians, over 2m Caribbeans, over 2m people from SE Asia, over 3m Eastern Europeans, and over 500,000 South Americans... and I haven't added indigenous white Brits, other Africans, North Americans, and people from the Oceania region....

Oops, the population of London is just slightly above 8m - do the maths!!

Take this crap to the Jokes section.. undecided

Ah ah, London no reach 1m naija. If they include naija visitors who come to visit family from everywhere: Naija, US, Europe etc, it might be up to. But residents no way. UK as a whole cannot have more than 1.2 m Naija sef.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by 9icest: 11:26am On May 04, 2013
asha 80: i do not doubt you guy.i was just trying to say the mentality of the people.

10x jare. My fathers line are from chalas, berom and ngas. Luckily I got a yoruba mama who is from ibeshe, ikorodu. Lasgidi, jos and ogun tinz. If shove comes to push, I wanna have a place where I won't be sent packing from because I'm prospering there. The earlier I see myself as Naija, d better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NBC Shuts Down REACH FM, Okorocha's Radio Station In Imo State / Benue LG Election: PDP Wins, Takes All 23 Chairmanship, 276 Councilorship / Was Atiku Head Of Obasanjo’s Economic Management Team? (Fact Check)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.