Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London (21411 Views)

Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) / Nigerian Born Kate Anolue, Is The New Mayor Of Enfield, London / How Many Nigerians Live Outside Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:
Today Asians outnumber blacks by at least 5 to 1 in the UK. As for blacks being ''far behind'', that;s another FALSEHOOD. You seem to not realise that the lowest income groups in the UK are Asian groups NOT blacks, especially when you add the many immigrants from Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and co, most barely literate and squeezed into tenements. Not all UK Asians are of the Tata and Hindujah billionaire family variety.

I honestly don't care if they outnumber us or not...

Anyway, we outnumber the Jews and Chinese - how come they're still faring better than us??
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Rossikk(m): 5:13pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

But new black immigrants also started arriving in droves after the 2nd world war during the windrush... and blacks built most of the tunnels in the UK... So how come we're still so far behind?

YOU are far behind. Leave BLACKS out of it. YOU are the one who is behind. The mostly Carribean windrush arrivals of the 50s where clerks, nurses, and civil servants trained in the Carribean, before they emigrated to the UK, so they arrived the UK and did what they were trained for. They were never going to arrive England and suddenly turn sharp business whizkids. Many of them did well, bought property in the UK and the Carribean with their earnings which they've passed down to their offspring. But all you do is walk the streets and see ''black people'' and assume they've all got nothing going for them, due to your inferiority complex.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Rossikk(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Anyway, we outnumber the Jews and Chinese - how come they're still faring better than us??

They are faring better than YOU, not ''us''. Speak for your damned self!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Come talk to me when you can create your own wealth and earn a 5th of what I've got, crumb munching dirty hick... undecided undecided
You sound like a hungry and angry poor man. If things aren't working for you over there, why not come back home? Your posts here show you're such a frustrated poor person. If hosts can't see anything good in you because you're black or a nigerian, why not keep your head up and do something good with your life to prove them wrong instead of this show of inferiority complex? Blacks this,blacks that. Nigerians this, nigerians that. You don't see anything positive with anything african. The asians you so much referred don't say things like this about themselves and that's why you see they love everything about themselves. You're one of the people denting our image out there and make us appear worse than we really are. Blacks don't know how to create wealth, can you tell us how we should? What do you do for a living that makes you think you're creating wealth? slowpoke^1000000.

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:
YOU are far behind. Leave BLACKS out of it. YOU are the one who is behind. The mostly Carribean windrush arrivals of the 50s where clerks, nurses, and civil servants trained in the Carribean, before they emigrated to the UK, so they arrived the UK and did what they were trained for. They were never going to arrive England and suddenly turn business entrepreneurs. Many of them did well, bought property in the UK and the Carribean with their earnings which they've passed down to their offspring. But all you do is walk the streets and see ''black people'' and assume they've all got nothing going for them, due to your inferiority complex.

Utter tosh!! What do you even know about the UK? - just stick to posting pictures about the fugly and dull architecture in Lagos and Abuja - and listen when I speak, numbnut...

I can't even be ar.sed to continue this crap with... You'll definitely lower my IQ with your crap! FOH undecided
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Rossikk(m): 5:21pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Utter tosh!! What do you even know about the UK? - just stick to posting pictures about the fugly and dull architecture in Lagos and Abuja - and listen when I speak, numbnut...

I can't even be ar.sed to continue this crap with... You'll definitely lower my IQ with your crap! FOH undecided

I probably know more about the UK than you and your entire posse of worthless street corner lowlifes smoking weed and collecting welfare cheques, while beefing ''black people'' doing better than you.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by nuesaweso(f): 5:22pm On May 04, 2013
spikes C:

At the bolded, as he said, if you wanna open a road side shop, it is your own cup of tea. Don't expect other people to follow through because everyone has a choice. It is not a tradition that only Africans should dominate the African market. Any one can. And yes, i concur with his idea. Most Nigerians go there to study, look for white collar jobs and invest at home.
If you don't have a graduate job, you can not stay in the UK after studies. I hope you know that one right?

Besides, people living extravagant lifestyles does not mean they're fraudsters. It just means they are spending more.

Thanks spikes C. I understand that most Nigerians go to the UK to study, white collar jobs etc. The problem with that 17th century model of thinking is that it is no longer sustainable. Machines have redefined how businesses operate in the 21st century, which is why BLACK PEOPLE needs to be forward thinking and proactive. The "white collar jobs" (& even blue collar jobs) are just not there anymore. Manufacturing has moved to Asia, Finance world are now operating on different models and even servicing industries are facing M&A.

Why does this concern me? Black elites have failed upcoming black youths and without strong BLACK mentors and models to follow, they allow the streets to dictate to them. Have you ever wondered why there are more black crimes/criminals in UK (especially London)? Why is the percentage of black people on doles disproportionate to their percentage in the population? etc. We can keep going on and on, and until we as black people start rep'ing with pride in different facets of the economy, like the Asians do, the next generation blacks are doomed!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:

I probably know more about the UK than you and your entire posse of worthless street corner lowlifes smoking weed and collecting welfare cheques, while beefing ''black people'' doing better than you.

Well, you know more about the UK with GEJ's ba.lls stuck in your mouth, no? You're the highest cat. mor.on ever!!!

I've probably done more for black people in the my young life than you'll ever do, you homoerotic political crumb-muncher turned pseudo-afrocentric duffer!!

Your type is the reason why Africa is a basket case with no hope in sight - just stay over there!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by nuesaweso(f): 5:27pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:

YOU are the one with ISSUES. Blacks in the UK are getting on with their lives just fine, especially Nigerians. What is YOUR problem? You want to dictate to them what jobs to do?

What solutions to what gaps?

This is the sort of thoughtless crap I'm talking about. Asian businesses in East London probably outnumber Nigerian businesses by 30 to 1. SO HOW ON EARTH WILL NIGERIANS NOT ''PATRONISE ASIAN BUSINESSES MORE THAN NIGERIAN BUSINESSES'?

Asians outnumber Africans in the UK by at least 6 to 1, and began settling en masse in the UK since after WW2 in the 1950s. Yet you expect Nigerians who just began settling in any large number since the 90s, to be as prominent as Asians in business and commerce, otherwise it is a ''problem with black people''.

Until you FOOLS get rid of your stupi.d inferiority complex and get it into your thick skulls that there is absolutely nothing wrong in being black, it's probably best we all ignore you!

I'm sorry, I would have to ignore you and let you find your equals.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Rossikk(m): 5:29pm On May 04, 2013
nues aweso:

Thanks spikes C. I understand that most Nigerians go to the UK to study, white collar jobs etc. The problem with that 17th century model of thinking is that it is no longer sustainable. Machines have redefined how businesses operate in the 21st century, which is why BLACK PEOPLE needs to be forward thinking and proactive.

We no longer need lawyers, doctors, accountants, estate agents anymore because 'machines have' done what?

Why does this concern me? Black elites have failed upcoming black youths and without strong BLACK mentors and models to follow, they allow the streets to dictate to them.

There is no such thing as ''the black elite'' in the UK. You have elite Nigerians, elite Carribeans, elite Ghanaians etc. Just like there is no ''Asian elite'', but Indian, Pakistani, etc.

Have you ever wondered why there are more black crimes/criminals in UK (especially London)?

There are at least 40 times more white crimes and criminals in the UK than blacks. Stop posting FALSE information.

Why is the percentage of black people on doles disproportionate to their percentage in the population?

Because most blacks are low income immigrants or children of low income immigrants. It's not exactly a crime to be poor is it?

We can keep going on and on, and until we as black people start rep'ing with pride in different facets of the economy, like the Asians do, the next generation blacks are doomed!

You need to get around a lot more. Many blacks are doing things in the UK and many Asians are down in the dumps.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by 9icest: 5:34pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Shymexx, rossik...efi ra yin sile, oya moni efi ra yin sile
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 04, 2013
9icest:

Shymexx, rossik...efi ra yin sile, oya moni efi ra yin sile

Bro., I'm an afrocentric guy and I can't stand this guy... He's basically using an ideology/consciousness created by great black people to spread deceit and falsehood on this forum... He is a snake and Lucifer reincarnated - he needs to get a life and stick to his political-jobbing day job...
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Rossikk(m): 5:38pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Bro., I'm an afrocentric guy and I can't stand this guy... He's basically using an ideology/consciousness created by great black people to spread deceit and falsehood on this forum... He is a snake and Lucifer reincarnated - he needs to get a life and stick to his political-jobbing day job...

Shut up and go get a JOB. It is 'black people' like you - jobless, full of bitterness and self-hate, that need a kick up your backsides.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 04, 2013
Oh dear, the feel good brigade has hit town!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Shut up and go get a JOB. It is 'black people' like you - jobless, full of bitterness and self-hate, that need a kick up your backsides.

Prick, you're the bitter hick... I'm just a concerned black guy who's passionate about the state of black of people and I'll die for my race...

You on the other hand already sold your soul to GEJ and you don't care about no one but your maggot infested cheese belly... You're a snake - the type that killed Malcolm-X... You need to get a life!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by nuesaweso(f): 5:42pm On May 04, 2013
Rossikk:

We don't need lawyers, doctors, accountants, estate agents anymore because 'machines have' done what?

There is no such thing as ''the black elite'' in the UK. You have elite Nigerians, elite Carribeans, elite Ghanaians etc. Just like there is no ''Asian elite'', but Indian, Pakistani, etc.

There are at least 20 times more white crimes and criminals in the UK than blacks. Stop posting FALSE information.

Because most blacks are low income immigrants or children of low income immigrants. It's not exactly a crime to be poor is it?

You need to get around a lot more. Blacks are doing things in the UK.

Dude, you're contradicting yourself on this thread. Didn't you just say Asians come in as half-literates and are the worse off in the UK? Has that now turned to black people??

You actually sounding far less intelligent than I thought. Do you know how many people graduate from uni as lawyers/accountants etc every year, compared with how many opportunities are out there for fresh graduates? Why can't you just be sensible for once? Didn't you read my reply that I was ignoring your posts and expect you to do same? Now, a direct plea to you, if you don't mind, please stop replying my posts and find your equals! AFAIK, you're only wasting space and putting off intelligent people the opportunity to respond to real issues.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by eddycross(m): 5:42pm On May 04, 2013
In a nutshell, this throw of arguments, and name droppings are making me miss the UK. Carry on.

Really don't care bout the stats tho. Just like to read and move on. Those that will make money off any deals will make money. And to those fighting over black supremacy, it's all individual. Some Blacks are making it while some are slaving away. Same with every other race in that country.

Just saying.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

How about go su.ck your mum's pum and let her squirt on your fu.cked face, prick? Fvck off!
I can see now that you don't even know your mother by the way you insult other people's mother. I see you becoming a suicide soon if you don't get rid of your self hatred. You really need help to save what's left of your almost-ruined life.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 04, 2013
nues aweso:

Dude, you're contradicting yourself on this thread. Didn't you just say Asians come in as half-literates and are the worse off in the UK? Has that now turned to black people??

You actually sounding far less intelligent than I thought. Do you know how many people graduate from uni as lawyers/accountants etc every year, compared with how many opportunity are out there for fresh graduates? Why can't you just be sensible for once? Didn't you read my reply that I was ignoring your posts and expect you to do same? Now, a direct plea to you, if you don't mind, please stop replying my posts and find your equals! AFAIK, you're only wasting space and putting off intelligent people the opportunity to respond to real issues.

Thank you!

I see you are trying desperately hard to elevate the level of debate here.
Make my words, soon enough you will learn to ignore certain characters grin

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 04, 2013
enigma_otr:
I can see now that you don't even know your mother by the way you insult other people's mother. I see you becoming a suicide soon if you don't get rid of your self hatred. You really need help to save what's left of your almost-ruined life.

How about go back to elementary school and learn how to put words together, enigma(tic) illiterate? grin

FML - why am I even wasting time with you? - you're definitely not on my level! undecided
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On May 04, 2013
@Shymexx and Rossike
Pls both of you should tone down on your language or i'll have to press the ban button. Thanks for coperating.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by spikesC(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2013
Entertainment grin

1 Like

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 04, 2013
Afam4eva: @Shymexx and Rossike
Pls both of you should tone down on your language or i'll have to press the ban button. Thanks for coperating.

Bro., I was trying to post certain links and educate people about wealth creation before RO-SICK the snake came out of nowhere to attack me like a rabid dog... You know how that git is, don't you? And I don't take crap from no one - it's an eye for an eye with me(that's MalcomX-esque)... wink

I'm out!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by nuesaweso(f): 5:57pm On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I see you are trying desperately hard to elevate the level of debate here.
Make my words, soon enough you will learn to ignore certain characters grin

Shocking innit? May be we can recover the thread, if people are still interested. I have no problem with people becoming lawyers,engineers etc and doing white collar jobs. I have Msc & MBA and I have decided to go the entrepreneur line, and this shouldn't cause anyone insomnia.

So, I'm genuinely seeking information on how to break into the supply chain of African food as this niche market is currently dominated by Asians. Does anyone have any info and any reasons why Asians supplier are more patronised, may be we can turn the tide?

I'm happy to share my experiences if people are interested!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

How about go back to elementary school and learn how to put words together, enigma(tic) illiterate? grin

FML - why am I even wasting time with you? - you're definitely not on my level! undecided
Where has your english got you? On which level are you? Is it not your incompetence that frustrated you out of your fatherland to do dirty jobs in a strange land? Come back home and lets us find a way to break that vicious circle of poverty choking life outta you.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 04, 2013
^^^^^^

Stop quoting me - I'm not Nigerian... I'm black African and Peckham is my hometown!

Sod off!
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 04, 2013
nues aweso:

Shocking innit? May be we can recover the thread, if people are still interested. I have no problem with people becoming lawyers,engineers etc and doing white collar jobs. I have Msc & MBA and I have decided to go the entrepreneur line, and this shouldn't cause anyone insomnia.

So, I'm genuinely seeking information on how to break into the supply chain of African food as this niche market is currently dominated by Asians. Does anyone have any info and any reasons why Asians supplier are more patronised, may be we can turn the tide?

I'm happy to share my experiences if people are interested!

Lower prices are the main factor here, I think.
More to the point, Asians find it easier to pool resources for wholesale purchases, with a view to strangulating the retail market where possible.

Outside of our faith based institutions, tell me when last you heard of Black (African) SMEs operating as a cabal anywhere in the UK.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 6:16pm On May 04, 2013
shymexx:

Who doesn't do that? - most Asians do that including the ones who have been here for generations... That's why most of them are/were raised to speak their language and live within the consciousness of their culture(s)... There are Asians born in the UK who can't even speak English properly - that's how connected they're to their country... Go to Birmigham and Bradford and you'll meet tons of them over there...

We just don't know how to create wealth and there's absolutely no excuse for that...

nigeria is the 5th biggest recipient of remittances in the world. do your research very well.

Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 04, 2013
@coogar,

Please provide the source of that infographic.
I need to understand why Nigerians in South Africa are missing from the list.
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 04, 2013
coogar:

nigeria is the 5th biggest recipient of remittances in the world. do your research very well.

That doesn't prove anything, to be honest... and we've no excuse whatsoever...

Now, compare that to Indians and Chinese:

Indians working abroad continue to send more money home than their counterparts from other countries.

In 2012, India topped the list with $70bn (£47bn) of remittance inflows, followed by China ($66bn), the Philippines and Mexico ($24bn each), Nigeria ($21bn), according to the latest World Bank figures on migration and remittances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21570622
Re: Over 1m Nigerians Live In London – Mayor Of London by coogar: 6:27pm On May 04, 2013
eGuerrilla: @coogar,
Please provide the source of that infographic.
I need to understand why Nigerians in South Africa are missing from the list.

hold on......
the facts are here - http://static.guim.co.uk/interactivestore/2013/1/31/1359656845999/792200/index.html?mobile=true

use the drop-box and put any country and the stats of the inflow n outflow of cash would flash across your eyes.

shymexx:

That doesn't prove anything, to be honest... and we've no excuse whatsoever...

Now, compare that to Indians and Chinese:

Indians working abroad continue to send more money home than their counterparts from other countries.

In 2012, India topped the list with $70bn (£47bn) of remittance inflows, followed by China ($66bn), the Philippines and Mexico ($24bn each), Nigeria ($21bn), according to the latest World Bank figures on migration and remittances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21570622

india? china?
there are more chinese people in diaspora than the population of nigeria, how fair is the comparison? india's population is also huge so i expect them to be up there as well. however, from the UK, only the indians send more money home than nigerians and you cannot tell me indians live considerably better than nigerians in the UK. the point still stands - nigerians in the UK remit a fraction of their income to nigeria and that makes it more difficult to live an opulent life in comparison to the average brit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Won’t Run Away From Nigeria, Not Afraid Of EFCC - Lere Olayinka / Buhari Receives Karim Ahmad Khan (ICC Prosecutor) In Aso Rock (Pictures) / Nigerians Criticize Peter Obi Over El-Rufai's 2014 Detainment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.