Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828784 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 28, 2014
Genteffect: Please, I'd like to know the number of points I'll get for a 5year degree program in Nigeria. Thanks.
21...try to read up.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2014
foladz21: Good Day All,

Please I need clarification regarding my application. I am filling the forms following the guide but I am a bit confused if I have to fill all the forms and writing NOT APPLICABLE on the forms that is not of a concern to me.

Also, I got my credentials assessed by WES and the report for my ND & HND is 3years Diploma and 1 year post-graduate certificates what should I used as my highest education in the Generic Form? A friend told me it would be Post-graduate - No Degree!

Similarly, should I add separate paper to Form 5669 as the space provided for Education is not enough when I typed in and in Schedule 3 Form No 12 as well.

Lastly, should I include my current place of residence as part of where I have traveled to in Form 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travel. I am still residing there till another couple of years. If Yes, what would be the end date{From- To}.

Thank You for your help.
All these have been dealt with recently... if only u can go back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Genteffect:

Please how much does the evaluation cost and how did you make the payment. I just requested for my transcript in school, and I've already opened an online account with WES for the FSWP. Thanks
It's on d website.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by chuka2003(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
It's on d website.

It won't be a bad idea to give him the link to the website. .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 28, 2014
chuka2003:

It won't be a bad idea to give him the link to the website. .
Which link? That is d last page when filling out the form. Do u even know what we are talking about?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
I have been asking...no replies! grin
Your reply lies in what the evaluating body sends to u and ur comparism with ECA conversion table.u cant use someone else's.that is to say if wes evaluates rn rm as nursing training nd study two years i think it means 2years post secondary school cert on canadian educ.then check how many points dis gives u on the conversion table.
Nurses who have evaluated RN RM may have a more perfect answer.this is just my understanding because i evaluated my graduate nurse cert.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 28, 2014
bees74:
Your reply lies in what the evaluating body sends to u and ur comparism with ECA conversion table.u cant use someone else's.that is to say if wes evaluates rn rm as nursing training nd study two years i think it means 2years post secondary school cert on canadian educ.then check how many points dis gives u on the conversion table.
Nurses who have evaluated RN RM may have a more perfect answer.this is just my understanding because i evaluated my graduate nurse cert.
Cheers
That looks like it is not 21 since they don't come up as 3yr diploma from Canada. I'm not in that pool, just wanted to be sure for others. It looks like they come up 19 points.

An equivalent B.Sn is a 3yr diploma and has a sure 21!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by foladz21(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
All these have been dealt with recently... if only u can go back.

Thank You bro, I have checked but I cannot find that which is peculiar to me. Kindly help me on this.

Respect!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Genteffect: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
21...try to read up.
Thanks Sir I will. Please I need you to help me with the BOMB for my IELTS prep. I'll PM you please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Genteffect:
Thanks Sir I will. Please I need you to help me with the BOMB for my IELTS prep. I'll PM you please. Thanks
not any more...ask others.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
foladz21:

Thank You bro, I have checked but I cannot find that which is peculiar to me. Kindly help me on this.

Respect!!!
Including ur residence permit and choosing the visa post that handles applications from the country you reside legally settles your last concern. Everything has been treated, buddy. You don't just want to work!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by foladz21(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
no clue too.

Thank you bro!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
foladz21: Good Day All,

Please I need clarification regarding my application. I am filling the forms following the guide but I am a bit confused if I have to fill all the forms and writing NOT APPLICABLE on the forms that is not of a concern to me.

Also, I got my credentials assessed by WES and the report for my ND & HND is 3years Diploma and 1 year post-graduate certificates what should I used as my highest education in the Generic Form? A friend told me it would be Post-graduate - No Degree!

Similarly, should I add separate paper to Form 5669 as the space provided for Education is not enough when I typed in and in Schedule 3 Form No 12 as well.

Lastly, should I include my current place of residence as part of where I have traveled to in Form 5562 Supplementary Information Your Travel. I am still residing there till another couple of years. If Yes, what would be the end date{From- To}.

Thank You for your help.

I can help you for some questions.

1. Any form that is not applicable to you doesn't warrant your attention. For example, I am married and have only
my wife as a dependant. Hence, I do not need to fill the IMM0008DEPENU additional dependants declaration form and I do not have to tick it on the Document checklist.

4. You have to fill the supplementary Info form stating the places you've visited including where you are now.

I'm a bit unsure of the other questions and haven't gotten sufficient info on it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
solomonwis:

Please ask you friend to send a CSE to Accra via this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

He should also endeavour to send a post mail to Accra office with copies of:

1. PER

2. Copies of bio data page of the PA and all accompanying/non-accompanying family members

3. Copies of the visa indicating he has legal residence for a minimum of 1 year in the USA

4. A letter stating the reason(s) for the transfer of file to the visa processing office for USA which is CPC - OTTAWA . He should be specific in stating that it is administratively convenient for you (your friend) for your (his) PR application to be processed in the visa office indicated. He should also ask for a confirmation of this transfer of file once completed to enable him/her initiate communication with the "new" visa office. Let him itemize the copies of all documents enclosed....

5. Also send a CSE to CPC OTTAWA that s/he has initiated a file transfer to their office as a result of your recent relocation (state the reason for relocation) asking that they send you an AOR once the file has been transferred.

IN ALL CORRESPONDENCES (VIA EMAIL & POST MAIL) QUOTE YOUR UCI AND APPLICATION NUMBER
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hello my people,

1. Abeg, Is 3 month bank statement ok for POF?

2. can I send my ielts result later through this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra after submitting my application? the postal agencies on strike here and delaying the result parcel.

3. also on ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION FORM (5406), in section B, can I include a child who is not among my dependent?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by foladz21(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Really appreciate your input

Respect!!!

Meritl:

I can help you for some questions.

1. Any form that is not applicable to you doesn't warrant your attention. For example, I am married and have only
my wife as a dependant. Hence, I do not need to fill the IMM0008DEPENU additional dependants declaration form and I do not have to tick it on the Document checklist.

4. You have to fill the supplementary Info form stating the places you've visited including where you are now.

I'm a bit unsure of the other questions and haven't gotten sufficient info on it.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by azeezbaba(m): 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
Including ur residence permit and choosing the visa post that handles applications from the country you reside legally settles your last concern. Everything has been treated, buddy. You don't just want to work!
damkollins:
You are okay with 4 years even if the actual date is 5.
These are non issues to make your application unsuccessful .
Cheers

Did you guys see the reduction in the applications received. I checked my NOC last week and it showed over 200 applications received but on checking it again 2 days ago, i discovered the applications received has reduced to 54. What could have happened?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
cheers1234: Hello my people,

1. Abeg, Is 3 month bank statement ok for POF?

2. can I send my ielts result later through this link https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra after submitting my application? the postal agencies on strike here and delaying the result parcel.

3. also on ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION FORM (5406), in section B, can I include a child who is not among my dependent?

Thanks.

1. YES

2.NO,you can not and should not otherwise it will be a waste of time and effort.

3. You need to explain better by "...include a child who is not among my dependent". Is the child a legally adopted child?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hi guys,great job you are doing here.I'm having problem downloading these application forms - Generic appl.form(IMM0008) , Additional dependent/declaration form(IMM008DEP) , supplementary Info (IMM5562).Though I cld download& fill other forms cos I downloaded Adobe reader XI,but these other 3 forms cld not. What shld I do? I use windows 7.Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by papiloski(f): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
ferdimako:
I don't think HND only will get him 21points and that is Canadian equivalence for a B.Sc! Doesn't he have PGD alongside? How did he start d masters?

Have u guys calculated the points against 67? Are u going to do IELTS to bring home 5points?
Thanks so much Ferdimako,its a professional masters degree so He did not need to do a PGD.I will do the IELTS to bring home 5points but will d HND be acceptable,and with my own 5points are we going to meet the required mark?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
papiloski:
Thanks so much Ferdimako,its a professional masters degree so He did not need to do a PGD.I will do the IELTS to bring home 5points but will d HND be acceptable,and with my own 5points are we going to meet the required mark?
Yea but I don't know the points HND gives. 19 or 21! Find that out and does it mean he will get 24/24 from his own IELTS?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
solomonwis:

1. YES

2.NO,you can not and should not otherwise it will be a waste of time and effort.

3. You need to explain better by "...include a child who is not among my dependent". Is the child a legally adopted child?
Me too! I don't understand... even an adopted child is a dependent.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fingertips(f): 12:08am On Sep 29, 2014
jangirova: Hi guys,great job you are doing here.I'm having problem downloading these application forms - Generic appl.form(IMM0008) , Additional dependent/declaration form(IMM008DEP) , supplementary Info (IMM5562).Though I cld download& fill other forms cos I downloaded Adobe reader XI,but these other 3 forms cld not. What shld I do? I use windows 7.Thx

What browser were you using? Try using internet explorer for the download.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bigfrancis21: 3:55am On Sep 29, 2014
mclarry:

Great Lioness! My WES experience so far:
Online application - May 14th
UNN itranscript request - May 15th
Transcript FedEx courier from Enugu - May 16th
My Degree FedEx courier from Lagos - May 16th
IELTS June 8th test confirmation - May 20th
Transcript & Degree Delivered - May 21st
Online payment for Evaluation - May 21st
WES contacts UNN by fax, email & mail for verification - May 24th
Follow ups with UNN - May 27th, 28th, 29th & 30th respectively
WES emails me that am on hold pending response from UNN - May 29th
UNN verification processed(insider info) - May 31st

I believe WES will update the below before the end of next week:
Awaiting notification from WES - Since May 31st
My WES Online status: "Waiting for verification from institution"

This can be useful to someone out there!

Yes it indeed it was useful. Thank you so much for this! I am equally about to evaluate my transcripts + certificate into the US BSC equivalent for job purposes and I am also a graduate of UNN, class of 2012 currently studying in the US. I was wondering how the verification process with UNN was like and how long it took and a quick search of 'UNN WES Evaluation' on google brought me right to your post! Seeing that UNN responds to itranscripts requests quickly and as well as to WES evaluation requests, i'll go ahead and apply. Thank you once again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 6:02am On Sep 29, 2014
ferdimako:
That looks like it is not 21 since they don't come up as 3yr diploma from Canada. I'm not in that pool, just wanted to be sure for others. It looks like they come up 19 points.

An equivalent B.Sn is a 3yr diploma and has a sure 21!

I evaluated just my rn and it was 3 yrs hosp study it was evaluated as.am also very confused
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2014
omasa:

I evaluated just my rn and it was 3 yrs hosp study it was evaluated as.am also very confused
Did they say it it was a diploma or certificate course?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by omasa: 8:12am On Sep 29, 2014
bees74:
Did they say it it was a diploma or certificate course?

Nothing else was stated oh.just that its equivalent is 3 yrs hosp study and training.major in nursing and all dat.I actually called wes to explain to me and they said its wat they evaluate hosp based nursing skulls as. Let's assume its a cert program wat points do u tink dat is.although dats not wat I wish.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 10:51am On Sep 29, 2014
omasa:

Nothing else was stated oh.just that its equivalent is 3 yrs hosp study and training.major in nursing and all dat.I actually called wes to explain to me and they said its wat they evaluate hosp based nursing skulls as. Let's assume its a cert program wat points do u tink dat is.although dats not wat I wish.
Id say 19 points since its a post secondary cert at least it shouldnt be 15 points.nd it may even be 21 points but keep ur mind on 19 nd make up ur points elsewer just to be safe.
Mine was evaluated as four years canadian nursing degree although it was 5 years here.just hope for the best and dont forget its better to calc lower than them than to be higher.tak care
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2014
i already submitted for 2171 earlier this month and on their website it says accepted applications for 2717 is 275 at the moment. @solomon and @damakollins please can you comment on this

zeelo2014: came across this and thought I should share. Advisable to go for cold NOC or send ur applications now now
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2014
hollaugo: i already submitted for 2171 earlier this month and on their website it says accepted applications for 2717 is 275 at the moment. @solomon and @damakollins please can you comment on this

1000-275=u a good!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2014
@ferdimako, when people ask questions in a forum it is only polite to assume the reason the person is asking is because they dont know, it would be kind of you to respond to them as politely as possible regardless of your supposed experience with this process, @solomon and damakollins are usually very polite and patient with even the most outrageous questions. The point is that if you are always confrontational people would be scared of asking questions which would defeat the purpose of this forum and also thanks for the times that you actually provide information.
ferdimako:
Which link? That is d last page when filling out the form. Do u even know what we are talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hollaugo: 11:06am On Sep 29, 2014
That post claimed that 2171 is closed. Not sure where he got the info from so I wanted to clarify.
ferdimako:
1000-275=u a good!

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.