Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829277 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2014
damkollins:

Email is below...
Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca
Subject is below ..
Application for Permanent Residence in Canada
Cheers
pally, congrats and believe me, canada shall open itself up to u.you will eat its fatness and drink its wine.you've sown on this forum , you will definitely reap.Help will not be far from you at any point in time.You are a great guy, God bless and cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bees74: 10:18pm On Dec 08, 2014
wow im happy for you o.congrats damkollins.u av been great.was telling someone i met recently about you and this forum and ironically she is a family friend of yours.im sure she told you.its a small world and its good to be good.
God bless you.
Amen
blueQueen:
SO HAPPY FOR YOU...GOD TRULY ANSWERS PRAYER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 12:26am On Dec 09, 2014
damkollins:
[b]
Timelines in words...
1st application submitted 8th January,2014
1st application received 13th January,2014
1st application returned 27th January,2014 (Never got it till date tongue)
Reason of return : PAYMENT issue resulting from Gtbank credit card (Got to know of the reason after sending mail to CIC...received response on 8th April,2014)
2nd application submitted 20th March,2014
2nd application received 25th March,2014
2nd application returned 4th April,2014 (Received it back 20th June,2014)
Reason for return : NON INCLUSION OF IELTS RESULT( British council Nigeria failed to insert my IELTS result as agreed)
3rd application sent 18th April,2014 via British council AGAIN...this time,a high graded official put his neck down for me to personally supervise the insertion of my IELTS trf.
In addition,I wrote a strong worded letter to CIC telling them I have mandated british council to insert my IELTS since no second copy was available for me as par their procedures.
I also included a photocopy of my IELTS.
Till date,I never knew if British council inserted it or my cover letter worked with the photocopy of my IELTS.
3rd application was received in CIC on 24th April,2014......
I had to send my 3rd application knowing fully well that express entry song will take off by 1st May,2014....I blamed myself 2 days later (26th april,2014) when the new gazette said FSW will continue from 1st May,2014 again tongue
Received PER's email on 13th May,2014 (20 calendar days from date of receipt in CIC)
Got Medical request on 17th October,2014 @ 11.27am
Medicals done on 7th November,2014 (lost three weeks because I was engaged in a different location from where I can do medicals)
Sent requested documents on 7th November,2014
Requested documents received in Accra on 11th November,2014.
Got passport requests on 19th November,2014 @ 12.45am
Sent the passports on 20th November,2014
The passports were received on 24th November,2014 around 11am Nigerian time.
Got passport pick up mail today 8th December,2014 inside my SPAM box @ 12.45pm
Decision made was noticed/seen on ECAS  @  12.05am of 30th November,2014.
Realistically(though I'm yet to sight it),the visa is meant to be valid till 13th November,2015.
Cheers.[/b]

Quite inspiring, even after the series of rejection, wasted money, effort and time, you never gave up till you won. Congrats bro... meet you in canny by Gods grace
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jangirova: 12:57am On Dec 09, 2014
Congrats Damkollins! I rejoice with you. The Lord will prepare the way for you before you land.Cheers (in ur voice)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:58am On Dec 09, 2014
Highlyfavoured3:
Thanks damkollins, wishing you the best in life as I wish myself. Please can you throw more light on dd and how it works
[b]Sorry I didn't see this until now...,
DD in its simplest form is known as demand draft similar to the normal local draft with the name of the recipient on it.In this case,it's not local draft but referred to as an FX draft because it's foreig.For the process ,you need to operate a domicilliary account in US dollars to be able to get it done .Even though it's US domicilliary account,you will tell your bank that you want your FX draft in Canadian dollars for his submission stage which is done and in favour of "Receiver General for Canada".
Its the safest method of processing fees once it's encashed within its validity period of 6 months.
Credit/Debit card is equally good but for some reasons best know to banks,its not an 100% proof a it may fail in execution but high percentage of applicants have been successful with ........it also have the advantage of you knowing when it was debited unlike a DD which you can't monitor real time unless you ask your bank to help you find out .
Cheers[/b].
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 8:19am On Dec 09, 2014
Hello everyone,

Please is it true that the Demand draft raised in canadian dollars can only be obtained in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 09, 2014
cheedyH:
Hello house,pls I am new to this thread. I have read some posts but I am still a little bit confused. I am physiotherapist. Anybody in the house who has done the ECA for this profession should pls put me through. Thank you.

how come u got accessed by VETASSESS instead of APC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2014
cheedyH:
Hello house,pls I am new to this thread. I have read some posts but I am still a little bit confused. I am physiotherapist. Anybody in the house who has done the ECA for this profession should pls put me through. Thank you.

how come u got assessed by VETASSESS instead of APC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tiebe: 10:56am On Dec 09, 2014
damkollins:

the visa is meant to be valid till 13th November,2015.
Cheers.

er. . . i dnt understand. 1 year?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sanjaypent: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2014
Good day everybody. This is my first time of posting on dis trend thou i have been following the trend for sometime now. Please I need urgent response/advice to submit my application.

1. I have in my statement of account 2.99m as pof for family of 4, can i use my pension fund to complete it and if so do i add my total pension fund amount and bank statament as unecumbered fund.

2. Where do i print the forms for all the application forms fswp 2014 including the processing fee form. Then is this forms filled with hand or system generation.

3.How do i package my passport photograph and that of my family.

4. Which is the best to use Debit Card or Draft as i have Gtb card that i use for my IELTS transactions

5. What is the Courier to use now considering the issue of strike and delays

6. What is the address of CIO that I should send my package

Pls note that I already have ECA and all other documents it just for me to get the above right and submit pls your urgent advice needed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2014
damkollins:

[b]Sorry I didn't see this until now...,
DD in its simplest form is known as demand draft similar to the normal local draft with the name of the recipient on it.In this case,it's not local draft but referred to as an FX draft because it's foreig.For the process ,you need to operate a domicilliary account in US dollars to be able to get it done .Even though it's US domicilliary account,you will tell your bank that you want your FX draft in Canadian dollars for his submission stage which is done and in favour of "Receiver General for Canada".
Its the safest method of processing fees once it's encashed within its validity period of 6 months.
Credit/Debit card is equally good but for some reasons best know to banks,its not an 100% proof a it may fail in execution but high percentage of applicants have been successful with ........it also have the advantage of you knowing when it was debited unlike a DD which you can't monitor real time unless you ask your bank to help you find out .
Cheers[/b].

@ damkollins, @ tola73 thank you very much,
1. Is it certain that the demand draft would have been cashed in canada before the 6 months validity period elapse
2. If the value of the cad increases before the money is cashed, who bears the additional cost
3. can the dd be purchased from all banks all over nigeria.......would not mind any suggestion
4. Can I go to the bank with naira cash, if i dont have a dom acct
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sanjaypent: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2014
Good day everybody. This is my first time of posting on dis trend thou i have been following the trend for sometime now. Please I need urgent response/advice to submit my application.

1. I have in my statement of account 2.99m as pof for family of 4, can i use my pension fund to complete it and if so do i add my total pension fund amount and bank statament as unecumbered fund.

2. Where do i print the forms for all the application forms fswp 2014 including the processing fee form. Then is this forms filled with hand or system generation.

4. Which is the best to use Debit Card or Draft as i have Gtb card that i use for my IELTS transactions

Pls note that I already have ECA and all other documents it just for me to get the above right and submit pls your urgent advice needed
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
sanjaypent:

For the form, you can get them from here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
For the financial requirement for yourself and your family http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
You can use UPS or DHL for the courier
Refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp for the instruction guide
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 1:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
Highlyfavoured3:

@ damkollins, @ tola73 thank you very much,
1. Is it certain that the demand draft would have been cashed in canada before the 6 months validity period elapse
2. If the value of the cad increases before the money is cashed, who bears the additional cost
3. can the dd be purchased from all banks all over nigeria.......would not mind any suggestion
4. Can I go to the bank with naira cash, if i dont have a dom acct
That is why it is 6month, if your application scale through it will be cash. 2. Once you buy the draft the increase in exchange rate does not affect you. It is only when you are using cc that it can affect you because the rate will be based on that day exchange rate. 3. Not all bank do the Canadian dd, but GTB, Access and Standard chartered do.4. You need to have domm account or look for somebody with domm account to help you buy it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tola73(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2014
sanjaypent:

[/color] Yes you can use your pension fund in addition to what you have as cash. But make sure you make it up to the required amount because Accra VO will request later
2. Where do i print the forms for all the application forms fswp 2014 including the processing fee form. Then is this forms filled with hand or system generation.[color=#990000]
somebody already shared the link. But it is better you fill it on your computer.

3.How do i package my passport photograph and that of my family.[/color] use paper clip to hold each family member passport photograph. Also write name, DOB and date taken at the back of 5 and leave the 6 one blank

[color=#990000]
you can use any of the two payment option. But if you have Dom account with GTB then get dd in Canada dollar
5. What is the Courier to use now considering the issue of strike and delays[color=#990000][/color]
UPS, DHL and Fedex

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loladehlp: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2014
Hello Friends,

Please I need help in filling question 12a on schedule3 (IMM0008) form. I am not sure what should be filled in the occupation section. I know what the NOC code is but what is the primary occupation to be filled in tab?
I was thinking that it's from the list of occupation that I provided in 12b that I will write one occupation from in 12a.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sanjaypent: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2014
Thank you @ tola73 and @ crazyinlove. I really appreciate. God Bless you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 2:26pm On Dec 09, 2014
Does anyone know?

shabbey09:
Hello everyone,

Please is it true that the Demand draft raised in canadian dollars can only be obtained in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2014
sanjaypent:
Thank you @ tola73 and @ crazyinlove. I really appreciate. God Bless you.
And you too dear
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2014
hi all,
been battling this procedure for three fat months.
finally submitted today 8:12:14 and hopes it get there by 16:12:14. used ems courier from nipost abt 11k.
fcmb visa card used and first bank fixed deposit for pof. noc 2113 geoscientist.
many thanks to the house. special mention for @pickabeau {that guy called me with his airtime for nothing less than 45mins in total during this period}. guy you three much.
@damkollins {that guys attention to details is second to none}. boss am grateful.
time to continue my normal life, pray and hope for the best.
regards all.
bal201®

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Fummiee(f): 6:39pm On Dec 09, 2014
Good evening all, I am new in this forum. Please I would like to ask a few questions.

I am currently using an agent in Canada -ecan to process my application, though I intend to put in for the 'express entry'. But trying to collate my documents now.

My First question is that I intend using WES for the academic evaluation. But I don't know how to go about the payment. Kindly assist on this information. And also is there anyone in the house using this same agent?

Thank you house.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 7:05pm On Dec 09, 2014
Fummiee:
Good evening all, I am new in this forum. Please I would like to ask a few questions.

I am currently using an agent in Canada -ecan to process my application, though I intend to put in for the 'express entry'. But trying to collate my documents now.

My First question is that I intend using WES for the academic evaluation. But I don't know how to go about the payment. Kindly assist on this information. And also is there anyone in the house using this same agent?

Thank you house.

You are welcome to the house. You can use your ATM card if it is enabled for online transactions. However I would advise that you take time out to go through the thread. Trust me you'll be glad you did. You will learn a fee tips about WES evaluation and the whole process in general. You will also gain from the FAQs and their answers.
With the information garnered, you'll have little need for an agent at the end. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by wishiwashonest: 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2014
thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 8:47am On Dec 10, 2014
Dear forum members,I just checked my online application with a UCI number I had from a Canadian visitors visa I applied for and it shows IN PROCES_ we received your application for permanent residents on the 25the of August 2014. Does this mean I should expect Per any of these days and has my file already been transferred to the visa office?
Please anyone have an idea of how long it takes for Paris visa office to issue mr
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:34am On Dec 10, 2014
What is your brother in-law's status in Canada if he doesn't have PR yet? Is he legally working in Canada and paying tax? Is he answering his real name that your spouse used in the past to come to Canada? These few questions will help us to answer you.

wishiwashonest:
I need serious advise from seniors,dont mind my long story

i had to open a new id just to ask this question.

i just submitted my package as the PA as a family of 3,my spouse,child and myself.

for the past few days my spouse have been moody,after serious pleading with him i heard the shock of my life from him.he just told me while living in england he used a diferent name and dob about 10 years ago to get a visit visa which he renew about 3 times and always backdated his passport anytime he returns to nigeria and in reality he never spent 6months at a time in uk.

in the last 2 years before we returned to nigeria about 5years ago,i was on a uk work permit,which he also applied for spouse dependant visa on my work permit with his wrong name,therefore to the uk authorities am married to his wrong info.

my question is this?do i withdraw the fsw application or how do i correct this mistake although all information on the fsw package is our true details apart from my spouse newly revealed secret.

he never used this passport to travel to any other country or applied for any visa to any other country with this wrong details

infact he has never used that passport or visa since we returned to nigeria 5 years ago.

my fsw package was received last week.do i wait till when my card is charged before writing cic?

another major problem is,he used his brother name and dob to get the uk visa 10years ago and this brother now lives legally in canada,wont this become a problem to his brother who isnt yet a PR holder in canada?

all other country visa we have are on his correct details,he never got into any problem in uk with the police and we returned home voluntary even with unexpired visas.

all documents ,npc declaration,marriage certificate i submitted are all genuine.this revelation is news to me and am really confused.

will cic find out about this?since he is just a spouse dependant and not a PA.

I already included our nigerian PCC and my Uk Pcc in my application.

please i need serious advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 10:11am On Dec 10, 2014
bal2012002:
hi all,
been battling this procedure for three fat months.
finally submitted today 8:12:14 and hopes it get there by 16:12:14. used ems courier from nipost abt 11k.
fcmb visa card used and first bank fixed deposit for pof. noc 2113 geoscientist.
many thanks to the house. special mention for @pickabeau {that guy called me with his airtime for nothing less than 45mins in total during this period}. guy you three much.
@damkollins {that guys attention to details is second to none}. boss am grateful.
time to continue my normal life, pray and hope for the best.
regards all.
bal201®

All the best with your application
We shall hear positive news by His grace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kart042000(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2014
Hello house, I got my PER mail yesterday, congrats damkollins once again.
I have a few questions please, damkollins, solomonwise and every great member of this forum.

What link do I go to, to check my status, I already have my UCI and application number?

About how long does it take from this period to hear from the VO in accra?

Is it true that the international embassies only recognize marriage certificates from ikoyi registry in lagos?

Does my fiancee need to obtain a PCC? And what other things are required asides the 490$+550$ and 15k $ of deposit.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2014
Please house,
Do I need to answer yes to the national identity question in the generic form, since I have the Nigeria national ID card? But the card has no expiry date
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2014
Highlyfavoured3:
Please house,
Do I need to answer yes to the national identity question in the generic form, since I have the Nigeria national ID card? But the card has no expiry date
It is true that it has no expiry date. You can tick NO. That field is not a compulsory field.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
henmaris:
Dear forum members,I just checked my online application with a UCI number I had from a Canadian visitors visa I applied for and it shows IN PROCES_ we received your application for permanent residents on the 25the of August 2014. Does this mean I should expect Per any of these days and has my file already been transferred to the visa office?
Please anyone have an idea of how long it takes for Paris visa office to issue mr
Could someone please answer my questions.I'm tensed.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2014
kart042000:
Hello house, I got my PER mail yesterday, congrats damkollins once again.
I have a few questions please, damkollins, solomonwise and every great member of this forum.

What link do I go to, to check my status, I already have my UCI and application number?

About how long does it take from this period to hear from the VO in accra?

Is it true that the international embassies only recognize marriage certificates from ikoyi registry in lagos?

Does my fiancee need to obtain a PCC? And what other things are required asides the 490$+550$ and 15k $ of deposit.
For ECAS status.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
It takes AVO from 2months plus after PER to send MR, but its been random recently.
ur fiancee or wife? spouse needs PCC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
henmaris:
Yes, but You will be charged first.
Paris VO sends MR from a month plus after PER according to the global spreadsheet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.