Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,861 members, 7,838,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830354 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dvstan: 1:13pm On Feb 11, 2015
livepluslife:
Pls solomonwis can this ielts result fly, listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 7.0, speaking 7.0. Overall 6.5

Great... You're good to go!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hello House,

I would like to say a big thank you to Ola, Solomonwis, adesoji77 their help.

Listening:7.0
Reading:8.0
Writing:6.5
Speaking:7.5
Overall:7.5

IELTS dusted. Awaiting ECA. Canada, here I come.

God is great!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
blueQueen:
Hello House,

I would like to say a big thank you to Ola, Solomonwis, adesoji77 their help.

Listening:7.0
Reading:8.0
Writing:6.5
Speaking:7.5
Overall:7.5

IELTS dusted. Awaiting ECA. Canada, here I come.

God is great!
God is great. my sister
Guess its was for Jan 29th.
Just checked mine too
Listening 6.5
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 6.5
Overall 7.0
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
dober:

God is great. my sister
Guess its was for Jan 29th.
Just checked mine too
Listening 6.5
Reading 8.0
Writing 7.0
Speaking 6.5
Overall 7.0

yesso..it was...We are moving forward.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bissiejoe: 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2015
JesusDWay:

What's the confusion about? Throw more light. Canadian work experience should simply mean having work experience in Canada

Thanks for your reply......i was wandering how someone applying from outside of Canada and who have not stepped into Canada before get Canadian work experience and that was where the confusion came in.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by squash1986(m): 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
Hello House,
I want to apply for the Express Entry program, I have opened an account with the Canadian Job Bank. I have paid the necessary fee to WES,sent my credentials and as I'm sending this mail, my credentials has been received and it is being processed now. I have also registered for the IELTS test and I'm scheduled to write it next month. What I would like to know is if I get my IELTS test result and I do well in it. What next? Is there any fee to be paid to CIC for the processing of my application? Let me also point out that I have my letter of employment offer, reference letter, payslip, statement of account e.t.c.
One other thing,has anybody in nairaland applied for any of the canadian immigration program (FSWP,NSNP,EE) through a paid representative in Canada? What is your experience with them? Can they be reliable to help someone through the application (even though I know they will demand for a fee) and not defraud a person? Is there any document called the Express Entry Interview and what is it about?
I just want to have more information about this whole immigration process.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dober(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
blueQueen:

yesso..it was...We are moving forward.
I thought as much. The reading was very straight to the point.
Waiting for my ECA too. I de ya back.
With God everything is possible
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hmnnn: 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
livepluslife:
Pls solomonwis can this ielts result fly, listening 6.5, reading 6.0, writing 7.0, speaking 7.0. Overall 6.5

You have flown already grin. Yes, the score is sufficient.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by chatterly: 5:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
labiz001:
Hello house,
1. My application has been accepted but i need to add my new baby.
Will cic request for a new statement of account even if the old one covers settlement fund for the 3 of us ?

2. I heard a rumor that the settlement fund has increased, how much for 3 people now if true.

3. Also want to know if FSWP2014 under Accra office have started Medicals

I am in the same boat as u are,we have our per and had a new baby last month.I sent a case specific enquiry to Accra and they sent a list of things i should send to them.POF update was not one of them.
Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hmnnn: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2015
Me have a question o...I was told i'm ineligible initially. I suspected it must be because i indicated i didn't do ECA, so i created another profile and i then indicated that ECA done, which eventually led to my profile now deemed eligible, i was also given a Job Seeker Validation code. Now that ECA is the issue, i'm planning on doing it but, one of the Provinces i'm targeting may open their PNP application soon and they requested that anyone who will apply should already have been accepted into EE pool and must have EE number and Job Seeker Validation Code which i already got.

My question now is when does CIC starts to work or verify the details we provided in our EE profile? I'm considering withdrawing the profile pending when i would get ECA done and then create another profile but, from the reviews i've read, many of those who withdrew their profile weren't given Job seeker validation code when they re-applied. Also, the Province i'm targeting might open application during the period when i'm still processing ECA and as such, one might loose since he doesn't have the codes again. Leaving the profile the way it is, i don't want CIC to start their verification and then find out the ECA details aren't true, they said any false info may result in one being banned from entering Canada for the next 5years. My plan now is to process the ECA and when and update the info as soon as i get the result but i need to know if CIC won't start their processing before that time. So, what can anyone advice? Kindly note that i did it initially to find out if ECA was the issue why i was initially deemed ineligible, thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hmnnn: 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
hmnnn:
Me have a question o...I was told i'm ineligible initially. I suspected it must be because i indicated i didn't do ECA, so i created another profile and i then indicated that ECA done, which eventually led to my profile now deemed eligible, i was also given a Job Seeker Validation code. Now that ECA is the issue, i'm planning on doing it but, one of the Provinces i'm targeting may open their PNP application soon and they requested that anyone who will apply should already have been accepted into EE pool and must have EE number and Job Seeker Validation Code which i already got.

My question now is when does CIC starts to work or verify the details we provided in our EE profile? I'm considering withdrawing the profile pending when i would get ECA done and then create another profile but, from the reviews i've read, many of those who withdrew their profile weren't given Job seeker validation code when they re-applied. Also, the Province i'm targeting might open application during the period when i'm still processing ECA and as such, one might loose since he doesn't have the codes again. Leaving the profile the way it is, i don't want CIC to start their verification and then find out the ECA details aren't true, they said any false info may result in one being banned from entering Canada for the next 5years. My plan now is to process the ECA and when and update the info as soon as i get the result but i need to know if CIC won't start their processing before that time. So, what can anyone advice? Kindly note that i did it initially to find out if ECA was the issue why i was initially deemed ineligible, thanks.

Solomonwis and the rest....come and answer this question o!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by shabbey09: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
What is your total score out of 1,200 and have you done ielts?

hmnnn:

Solomonwis and the rest....come and answer this question o!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
meta4:
Hello house, please how many points is granted if you spouse also has her ECA done?
i look forward to a quick response from the seniors like Kollins, Solowise and others. thanks

please, who has answer to my question o! thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:11am On Feb 12, 2015
[quote author=shabbey09 post=30641858]
What is your total score out of 1,200 and have you done ielts?

I've done IELts, it's only the ECA I'm yet to do
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:17am On Feb 12, 2015
hmnnn:

Your approach to the whole process is totally wrong!

Creating 2 "dummy" profiles will lead to a ban. Don't create a profile on EE if you don't have any of the required documentation. You might be found out and it will lead to a 5 year ban.

Create a profile ONLY when you have the documents {IELTS,ECA,job experience,etc}
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:25am On Feb 12, 2015
squash1986:
Hello House,
I want to apply for the Express Entry program, I have opened an account with the Canadian Job Bank. I have paid the necessary fee to WES,sent my credentials and as I'm sending this mail, my credentials has been received and it is being processed now. I have also registered for the IELTS test and I'm scheduled to write it next month. What I would like to know is if I get my IELTS test result and I do well in it. What next? Is there any fee to be paid to CIC for the processing of my application? Let me also point out that I have my letter of employment offer, reference letter, payslip, statement of account e.t.c.
One other thing,has anybody in nairaland applied for any of the canadian immigration program (FSWP,NSNP,EE) through a paid representative in Canada? What is your experience with them? Can they be reliable to help someone through the application (even though I know they will demand for a fee) and not defraud a person? Is there any document called the Express Entry Interview and what is it about?
I just want to have more information about this whole immigration process.

You are on the right track. Finish up with your IELTS and ECA,then move on to creating a profile on Express Entry. You can then wait for selection once you are accepted into the pool.

Express Entry is pretty straight forward,you can do without paid representative. If you have come thus far,you can go farther all by yourself abiding by the instructions.Employing the services of a paid representative will not give you an edge in the EE pool.

There is no "Express Entry interview" except of course there is any need for clarification on your profile by your visa office and that is towards the finalization of your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:29am On Feb 12, 2015
bissiejoe:

Thanks for your reply......i was wandering how someone applying from outside of Canada and who have not stepped into Canada before get Canadian work experience and that was where the confusion came in.

It is not every part of Express Entry that applies to all applicants. That part of EE asking for Canadian Work experience does not apply to you if you have not worked legally for any employer in Canada. There is another part of EE which is referred to as Foreign work experience,that's what's applicable to you {If you have worked in your chosen occupation for a period of time}.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:33am On Feb 12, 2015
babalokoso:

Hi,
When my application was received on October 20, 2014, the cap was not filled up then because the application they had approved then was less than 500. I worked for Deloitte and I included my letter of employment and reference. My credential was accessed by ICAS and my IELTS result was good.
As a house member suggested I will keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Thanks

NOC 1111 under the 2014/2015 FSW might have been capped as far back as October 2014. I think your focus should shift to Express Entry now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:46am On Feb 12, 2015
primeson1:

oh thanks....the reason why i asked was because someone wants to sponsor the whole application stuff and he said i should confirm the total fee it will take from start to finish.

now i know some......

1. IELTS fee 35,000
2. Assessment $350
3. ?
4. ?

hope you understand my inquiry.

thanks

The fees applicable is peculiar to each person's case.

There is a fee for IELTS - N35,000

Fee for ECA - dependent on your assessment agency and the kind of service you want

The cost of collecting/receiving your employment letter(s)both from past and present employers.

At this stage you might not be paying the application fee until you have been issued an invitation to apply (ITA).

Remember, you CAN'T BE SPONSORED by anyone to maintain yourself. You will have to show a proof that you have the required fund to maintain yourself while in Canada. You must show you have the financial capability to maintain yourself and your family.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:50am On Feb 12, 2015
tosinkay:
Good evening house and i am new in this forum, i am interested in this program, but i do not know how to start. can someone please help me to list the step by step to follow in this process and the specific IELTS MODULE that someone need to write.
Thanks and stay blessed.

Kay

The step by step has been outlined here on this thread,please read through the last 50 pages on the thread. You can then ask questions where necessary.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Highlyfavoured3: 4:53am On Feb 12, 2015
laraode:

Thanks Tola73 when was your nephew's application received?

@tola73 and gurus in the house, is employment letter mandatory or optional in the fsw application? Cos I was surprised when tola73 stated it has a reason for cic rejecting his nephew's application. Please shed more light on this cos I thought it was optional
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:56am On Feb 12, 2015
bissiejoe:

@solomonwis......please what NOC job category does a Quality assurance technician or a production technician in a manufacturing industry fall within? and with HND certificate.
Hope to hear from you soon

2211 Chemical technologists and technicians (If your quality assurance function is in chemical related industry)

You can read up for more here http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2211
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:59am On Feb 12, 2015
Highlyfavoured3:

@tola73 and gurus in the house, is employment letter mandatory or optional in the fsw application? Cos I was surprised when tola73 stated it has a reason for cic rejecting his nephew's application. Please shed more light on this cos I thought it was optional

Employment letter is not mandatory but a reference letter from both present and past employers relating to the applicant's occupation is necessary. It must be i tandem with the lead statement of the NOC.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:01am On Feb 12, 2015
tosinkay:
Good evening house and i am new in this forum, i am interested in this program, but i do not know how to start. can someone please help me to list the step by step to follow in this process and the specific IELTS MODULE that someone need to write.
Thanks and stay blessed.

Kay

IELTS Module - General Training is the only acceptable module for Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by labiz001: 5:08am On Feb 12, 2015
chatterly:

I am in the same boat as u are,we have our per and had a new baby last month.I sent a case specific enquiry to Accra and they sent a list of things i should send to them.POF update was not one of them.
Hope this helps

Hello Chatterly
Kindly help with the list of the requirement to add the new baby so I can be prepared. I have sent a CSE but no response yet. Also, is the amount declared in your initial POF sufficient to cover the new baby?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:17am On Feb 12, 2015
meta4:
Hello house, please how many points is granted if you spouse also has her ECA done?
i look forward to a quick response from the seniors like Kollins, Solowise and others. thanks

Maximum point for accompanying spouse in CRS is 40.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/criteria-crs.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by babalokoso: 5:43am On Feb 12, 2015
laraode:

Thanks Tola73 when was your nephew's application received?

Canada Immigration News - Canadian Immigration Processing Still Has “High Error Rate” - http://www.cicnews.com/2015/01/canadian-immigration-processing-high-error-rate-014427.html
Could this be the reason why some application such NOC1111 and others have not been charged?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by skidmarkz: 7:41am On Feb 12, 2015
Has anyone whose credit card debited around 19 Jan 2015 already received PER?

Thx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by babalokoso: 7:46am On Feb 12, 2015
solomonwis:

NOC 1111 under the 2014/2015 FSW might have been capped as far back as October 2014. I think your focus should shift to Express Entry now.

Thank you, but from all forum I have checked nobody seems to have been charged for NOC 1111. There seems to be a problem with NOC 1111, my application has not been returned and I sent a mail about three weeks ago and no response. Am still hopeful though, it's not over untill it's over
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 8:49am On Feb 12, 2015
My people, help me praise the almighty God for i had almost given up hope but i finally got my PER mail yesterday... here are my details:

NOC:2172
Application date: 2014-11-19
DD cashed: 2015-01-15
PER mail: 2015-02-11

My profound gratitude to damkollins, solomonwise and so many others too numerous to mention. God will definitely perfect all He has started in all our lives.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:26am On Feb 12, 2015
AceOak:
My people, help me praise the almighty God for i had almost given up hope but i finally got my PER mail yesterday... here are my details:

NOC:2172
Application date: 2014-11-19
DD cashed: 2015-01-15
PER mail: 2015-02-11

My profound gratitude to damkollins, solomonwise and so many others too numerous to mention. God will definitely perfect all He has started in all our lives.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by chatterly: 9:38am On Feb 12, 2015
labiz001:

Hello Chatterly
Kindly help with the list of the requirement to add the new baby so I can be prepared. I have sent a CSE but no response yet. Also, is the amount declared in your initial POF sufficient to cover the new baby?

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -www.accra.gc.ca
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Service Immigration
B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana)
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -www.accra.gc.ca

Dear Sir/Madam,
For the new addition to your family, kindly provide the following:
* An Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008] for you.
* Updated the Schedule A: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE A] for you and your spouse respectively
* Updated Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406] for you and your spouse respectively.
* Payment of the Application for Permanent Residence Fee for your new dependent if he is accompanying.
* Copy of State issued birth certificate for your new dependant. Please note that hospital birth certificates will not be accepted
* 4 passport-sized photos for your new dependant, as per the photo specifications found in Appendix C of the visa office specific instructions.
* Copy of the biographical page from valid passport for your new dependant.
* If you have indicated your province of destination as Québec, a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) is required for yourself and all accompanying family members. We therefore request that you apply for CSQ for your spouse if he/she is accompanying. For more information, please refer to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/quebec/index.asp
Please be advised to send the above documents within 60 days of the receipt of this e-mail.
Thank you

The amount sent initially is not enough to cover the new addition esp bearing in mind the devaluation of the naira.The only thing is that we put in a PFA statement with well over 3m as an aside(maybe they put that into consideration but i doubt it)
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.