Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828514 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 9:03am On Aug 08, 2013
Choi see suffer
When will naija schools enter the digital age

Meanwhile,Tehn, the NL charity group is back....cheesy

Please, Folake needs your Help!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2013
mercylicious: I sneaked to Futo (my sch ) from work yesterday.
Dem still neva find my file. I had to give them my student copy which I got in 2011. They checked the computer but still didn't find it. They told the typist to start typing the result and also sent sumone to their store to search with the student copy. I explained to woman how urgent it is.
When I got to d dept dt handles cert verification, it happened dt they receieved the letters from wes yesterday. They have even compiled a letter to send to WES to pay for d cert ver or tell us to pay. I was told to go to diamond bank in the school and raise a draft of 10K, submit in acnts dept and get receipt, which I will submit to them. I went to diamond, they demanded for valid I'd but I didn't come with any, then one old boy, advised me on how to go around it, but unfortunately, the person giving receipt wasn't arnd and I was told to come on monday. I later gave my friend who is also a lecturer in my dept the money to help me complete on monday (he is d one dt went and discovered my file was missing)

Plz is u know anyone frm futo processing cert assessment in WES, tell the person to go to Futo and pay. Its nt paid online. The names there are more than 20.

I am just waiting for my ielts sch, if I don't get max 24, I may have to wait for nov to have 6 years work experience b4 I apply.

I pray it won't get to that because you never can tell if the cap for your eligible occupation wouldn't have been filled up around that period.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2013
mercylicious: I sneaked to Futo (my sch ) from work yesterday.
Dem still neva find my file. I had to give them my student copy which I got in 2011. They checked the computer but still didn't find it. They told the typist to start typing the result and also sent sumone to their store to search with the student copy. I explained to woman how urgent it is.
When I got to d dept dt handles cert verification, it happened dt they receieved the letters from wes yesterday. They have even compiled a letter to send to WES to pay for d cert ver or tell us to pay. I was told to go to diamond bank in the school and raise a draft of 10K, submit in acnts dept and get receipt, which I will submit to them. I went to diamond, they demanded for valid I'd but I didn't come with any, then one old boy, advised me on how to go around it, but unfortunately, the person giving receipt wasn't arnd and I was told to come on monday. I later gave my friend who is also a lecturer in my dept the money to help me complete on monday (he is d one dt went and discovered my file was missing)

Plz is u know anyone frm futo processing cert assessment in WES, tell the person to go to Futo and pay. Its nt paid online. The names there are more than 20.

I am just waiting for my ielts sch, if I don't get max 24, I may have to wait for nov to have 6 years work experience b4 I apply.
[quote author=mercylicious]
Futo stress! So you r a Futo babe, which dept and year?I went through the same thing for 2 months before I was able to get my evaluation from WES. Don't give them any breathing space o, I was going there 2 times every week from PH following from table to table, I hope you have somebody who can follow up for you.Goodluck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako:
So you had a copy? I thought that's against our existence.It smirks fraud! Hahaha

Sometimes you need to shut it! You obviously don't know anything about anything but keep jumping from one thread to the other. If I were you I'd need to focus more on what I'm not getting right rather than assuming the position of a pro over things you know next to nothing about.

I know what you insinuate and I know for sure you don't know that the essence of the evaluation is noot for you to begin to be a judge in your own case.

In case you need to be lectured again about what Mercy wrote,she gave the school a copy so they could trace her file not for them to send the “copy” to WES.

You should purge yourself of all fraudulent tendencies and face your studies squarely! In all ways,we are not on the same platform and you can't hide behind internet to throw jabs at your senior. In my community,you do that you get lashed with well deserved strokes of cane. I can tell from your childish behaviour you are very disrespectful and I won't take that trash from you.not anymore!study to show thyself approve not talk like a parrot over things you know next to nothing about.

For the record,the essence of WES evaluation is for the authentication of your result. So where will the fairness be when a student suddenly turns himself/herself into an institution's exams and records unit?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Please this is a mature thread all these should cease
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
Guys, sheath your swords. Almaliki, na wa for u o, u wan fill the thread with another person's post?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WaltherPPK: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
ferdimako, relax na, we are all here to share info, even when we argue it makes somethings clearer, I believe there should be logical arguments devoid of name calling, how ur aussie app, my guy? Solomonwis, just let it slide, ok, u have been doing a good job on the info u share on the thread, don't spoil it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jtopsy: 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
hello everyone, just new on the blog and i need some help here..i would appreciate
i am aspiring to apply for FSW program and my IELTS result is below:

reading=7.5
writing=7
speaking=8
listening=7.5
I would like to know what my corresponding Points would be out of 24 for 1st Language.

2ndly, I would need a clarification on how points are assigned for "Work Experience" , before i can get points for my work experience, is it "Subject to my Employment letter matching the job title/designation as per the NOC "....i mean does the "Job Title on my different employment letters in various companies i have worked have to be word for word/letter for letter match with the NOC Job titles before i get points? Even though my Job description and activities are matching with NOC but the Titles are not word for word match, would i be able to claim points for all these experience?

i hope you guys could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
WaltherPPK: ferdimako, relax na, we are all here to share info, even when we argue it makes somethings clearer, I believe there should be logical arguments devoid of name calling, how ur aussie app, my guy? Solomonwis, just let it slide, ok, u have been doing a good job on the info u share on the thread, don't spoil it.

Thanks. I did not even know you know about my Australian way although am not surprised it is on my signature. It's coming up fine...once I file for skill assessment with ACS which I hope to get YES and get my required bands from IELTS GT, I'll get invited by Skillselect.

I did this FSWP three years ago when I had only my Diploma but they turned me down. This yeye senior is just bragging blindly here.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
jtopsy: hello everyone, just new on the blog and i need some help here..i would appreciate
i am aspiring to apply for FSW program and my IELTS result is below:

reading=7.5
writing=7
speaking=8
listening=7.5
I would like to know what my corresponding Points would be out of 24 for 1st Language.

2ndly, I would need a clarification on how points are assigned for "Work Experience" , before i can get points for my work experience, is it "Subject to my Employment letter matching the job title/designation as per the NOC "....i mean does the "Job Title on my different employment letters in various companies i have worked have to be word for word/letter for letter match with the NOC Job titles before i get points? Even though my Job description and activities are matching with NOC but the Titles are not word for word match, would i be able to claim points for all these experience?

i hope you guys could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

reading=7.5 - CLB 9 and above = 6 points
writing=7 = CLB9 and above = 6 points
speaking=8 - CLB 9 and above = 6 points
listening=7.5 - CLB 8 = 5 points

Total 23 points ( This is a fantastic score)

For work experience, it is subject to your work description and list of main duties matching what you did at your last job(s)compared to what is stated on the NOC website.

your job title doesn't necessarily have to meet with the same title as given on the CIC website but your job description/main duties is/are VERY important matching what the NOC website state. You earn 9 points for a one year work experience, 11 points for work experience ranging between 2 to 3 years,13 points for wok experience for work experience between 4 to 5 year and a maximum of 15 points for work experience of 6 years and above.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 11:21pm On Aug 08, 2013
WaltherPPK: ferdimako, relax na, we are all here to share info, even when we argue it makes somethings clearer, I believe there should be logical arguments devoid of name calling, how ur aussie app, my guy? Solomonwis, just let it slide, ok, u have been doing a good job on the info u share on the thread, don't spoil it.
OMG! I can't believe what have just read here. Instead of sharing ideas and making friends people fighting faceless. Its counterproductive. This forum isn't going anywhere this way. Nigerians please learn to tolerate. I know our economy is biting but must we kill one another?
Please take it back to business and show some love plus respect.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 09, 2013
Agh agh, u guys made me feel guilty of posting. Abeg, sofri, una hear. We are here to share opinions.
Meanwhile my ielts result shld be out 2day. MmM. Tension. I pray e no go follow those wey dem go remark.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 09, 2013
1:20am
I just checked my ielts result. Test result for date out but when I checked mine- no result. I checked 3 times.
I was still pondering when I received a call from a fellow candidate. She has written b4 but scored 5.5 in one of the bands, so she nearly fainted when she saw no result. It seems they publish result batch by batch or centre by centre. We are waiting.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2013
Be patient...... it is well
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jtopsy: 7:57am On Aug 09, 2013
@solomonwis:
Thanks Solomonwis, very much appreciated.
Still on the IELTS - CLB point translation, i thought my points is 20(CLB8)since i don't have at least 8.0 in my Listening Ability,i had 7.5.
Are the CLBs based on the individual Ability(i.e,Listening,Speaking,Writing,Reading)as you have calculated?
Thanks for your support.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:11am On Aug 09, 2013
jtopsy: @solomonwis:
Thanks Solomonwis, very much appreciated.
Still on the IELTS - CLB point translation, i thought my points is 20(CLB8)since i don't have at least 8.0 in my Listening Ability,i had 7.5.
Are the CLBs based on the individual Ability(i.e,Listening,Speaking,Writing,Reading)as you have calculated?
Thanks for your support.
Cheers

CLB = Canadian Language Benchmark- I included this to enable you determine if you meet the minimum required benchmark of 7. You can't add up your CLB.

What you should look at is the point scored based on your IELTS result. To gain the maximum point of 6 in each of speaking, reading and writing you need to score between 7.0 to 9.0 in your IELTS but to gain the maximum 6 points in Listening your ILETS score has to be between 8.0 to 9.0.

So from the score you gave earlier, your aggregate point for Language is 23.

For better understanding you can read up more from the table here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Trust this clarifies.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Please how many points does a Beng of 5 years bag?
Their names/classification is confusing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:27am On Aug 09, 2013
mercylicious: Please how many points does a Beng of 5 years bag?
Their names/classification is confusing.

B.Eng of 5 years work experience will score 13 points for FSWP work experience. The job description/main duties (not job title) have to be as stated on the National Occupational Classification website.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx

For FSWP Education, your score will be 21 points (Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2013
mercylicious: Agh agh, u guys made me feel guilty of posting. Abeg, sofri, una hear. We are here to share opinions.
Meanwhile my ielts result shld be out 2day. MmM. Tension. I pray e no go follow those wey dem go remark.

Don't feel too bad about it. Isn't it kind of nice to have two guys fighting over you? wink As per your IELTS, it will definitely be posted. Mine was posted like 2 days after the actual date.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nairaanddollar: 11:14am On Aug 09, 2013
@solomonwis can i pls have your e-mail address or mobile no? Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jtopsy: 11:21am On Aug 09, 2013
solomonwis:

CLB = Canadian Language Benchmark- I included this to enable you determine if you meet the minimum required benchmark of 7. You can't add up your CLB.

What you should look at is the point scored based on your IELTS result. To gain the maximum point of 6 in each of speaking, reading and writing you need to score between 7.0 to 9.0 in your IELTS but to gain the maximum 6 points in Listening your ILETS score has to be between 8.0 to 9.0.

So from the score you gave earlier, your aggregate point for Language is 23.

For better understanding you can read up more from the table here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Trust this clarifies.

Thanks Solomonwis...you are very correct...that was a little scare anyways..lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.